[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fmg/- Filmmaking General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 620x310
Alright boys, let's get this shit off the ground.

>What are you working on?
>What have you worked on/what can you show us?
>What stories can you share with us?

Here's a short I finished up recently. Not particularly well-shot but it's funny enough.

https://youtu.be/KUSJe8F8vLg
>>
It never occurrred to me that in this board we could see some filmmaker. For some reason people come to tv trying to impose their fucking shitty films or television shows. Kudos for you kid.
>>
>>69045306
Hey thanks man.

These threads tend to flourish in the middle of the night, so I tend to make them then. Always fun when I see that people actually are working on stuff.
>>
you need to let more time on the scene showing the board. I literally had to rewind to understand the gag. The umbrella weirdo part could work if there was no elevator music. The part going up the building could be shot with a handheld the using wide shots with a tripod are pretty weak. It was a solid 6. The shooting was ok the story is pretty weak.
>>
>>69045520
Really? I thought the elevator music worked there. In any case I'm just using it out of reverence for a webcomic that ended recently.

The story, we weren't really planning on having much of a story in the first place. One of the guys, the main guy, he'd suggested we sort of do it like Playtime by Jacques Tati (which I only saw a little of), lot of just vaguely related incidents strung together with a thin plot.
>>
yeah I know the feeling. Sometimes people want to just shoot even if they dont have a script or story. I know I been there.
>>
>>69045711
Like, I wrote a draft of it, but we all ended up having to cut our own separate versions.

I really liked how I used music in it, but I feel like it could have been integrated a lot better, flowed more naturally. The song from the Keycard onward felt out of place when it started.
>>
Posted these before. Two shorts I helped make for two 48 Hour film things last summer.

I co-wrote and acted in this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1XsnfYsyGk

I just acted and did some uncredited rewrites on this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vST5m0TFrhI

I know they aren't very good (particularly some of the editing) but I'm pleased with my work given the lame rules of 48 Hour shit. It really restricts you and I think it sometimes hurts the quality of the work.

Currently working on the ideas phase of a script I want to direct myself. It'll be about a low rent thumb breaker getting mixed up in some pretty heavy shit with his major criminal bosses. It probably won't be very good but I'm hoping to use it as a learning exercise for violent films and trying some cool shit with cinematography. Haven't got a whole lot for it yet, mostly just a series of images I need to work out a story to connect.
>>
>>69046267
Your idea sounds pretty cool, I'm wanting to do something violent over the summer as well so I feel that.

I remember you posted those shorts before, I still thik they're pretty damn good. Keep it up family.
>>
>>69046385
Thanks man. You got any ideas for what you're doing over the summer?
>>
>>69046494
Something grindhouse-y potentially. Originally it was gonna be a first-person action movie but I got bored with toying with the idea.
>>
>>69046556
Oh yeah, you've posted about that before. If you could pull off an 80s sleaze vibe that'd be pretty sick, and it's a good excuse to go heavy on the gore
>>
>>69046589
Ayy thanks. Been really loving Hobo With A Shotgun recently, trying to emulate that a little.

Anything else I should watch?
>>
>>69046656
I don't really like Machete or most of the other grindhouse revival shit, you might like Manborg and the fake trailer for Bio-Cop though. Bio-Cop is fucking GOAT

Definitely check out stuff like The Toxic Avenger, CHUD, Street Trash, that sort of thing.
>>
There's something really comfy about short no-low budget films.
Visitor from /lit/, so can't really provide anything, but I'm curious about writing screenplays.

The whole, "Scene 1: Enter Courtyard" type of stuff. Do you guys typically do that, or just have a general idea of events and dialogue?
>>
>>69046656
Planet Terror
Death Wish & Death Wish 3
Lloyd Kaufman's entire filmography
I guess Machete counts too but Machete is shit so you can skip it.
>>
>>69046779
I think it's best to type out all your ideas in one document, then write them as a short story of any length, then write a scene by scene breakdown with short descriptions of the actions.

Then once you have multiple proper outlines you start on the script. Read this website for lots of help for beginners:

http://www.screenwriting.info/

I'm more of a playwright personally, for me it's much easier to write for the stage than the screen even though I like movies better. If you are interested in theatre and want to learn about writing in a non-prose fashion I highly recommend it. It's really fun to see a whole play come together out of your mind, no matter the length
>>
i made this in high school
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_vG3Uh1O8
>>
>>69045112
cinematography could use some work. feels more like a youtube skit than a short film.

though it feels like thats what it was going for anyway.

more than what I've done. Tried to get a couple productions of the ground but since I have no money and am just some guy on the internet, people tend to bail at the last minute, screwing up the production.

shit sucks.
>>
>>69045711
>people want to just shoot even if they dont have a script or story
I seriously have met so many people like this. they think a movie or film just happens.
>>
>>69045112
What you should try is actually Kinography, or what I recently started calling it aбcoлютe кинoгpaфы. Have you ever read any books about kinography?
>>
File: 1460655957414s.jpg (5 KB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1460655957414s.jpg
5 KB, 250x198
>>69047945
>Kinography
>>
>>69047797
its a pain dude
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.