[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was great!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: THEWITCH_TEASER_03_halfsize.jpg (3 MB, 2025x3000) Image search: [Google]
THEWITCH_TEASER_03_halfsize.jpg
3 MB, 2025x3000
This was great!
>>
>>69043959
you're right
>>
>Hear this movie is great.
>Go see it
>Cant understand a word they're saying
>"Thomison, dost thou decree witchery admist thine bretheren?"
LITERALLY WHAT THIS NIGGA SAY?
>>
>>69043959
the bitch
>>
It definitely required more views on my part to fully appreciate it. On my first viewing I thought it was a bit of a disappointment as a horror movie, because that's what i thought it was. But it stuck to me, I would fall asleep thinking about it and wake up with it still in my head. Second time around I had to not think of it as a horror movie and more of a fantasy/drama/suspense combination and I really liked it. I understood more of it and the deeper meaning of its themes. Showed it to a few of my friends and they all liked it. I think a lot of people expected jump scares given the current and recent trends in horror movies, specifically the witches genre.

Why did you like it OP?
>>
>>69045292
Thought it was a great suspenseful drama about a family losing its religion. I know people say it's a slow burn, but I thought the movie was well paced and I felt uneasy the entirety of the film, in a good way! I appreciate it in almost every aspect. Could have used a little more color though :/
>>
>>69043959
Have we come full circle where having the witch actually be evil is now subversion against type?
>>
>>69045193
Read a book nigger.
You sure are fucking stupid.
>>
>>69043959

Am I the only who got hard as hell when he told her to take off her shift?
>>
This movie is literally, unironically Exorcist/Rosemary's Baby tier.

It's that incredible.
>>
>>69045193
I felt the same way about Straight Outta Compton
>>
Why did they stylize W as VV? Is there any relevance or did they just like the look of it in black metal/indie/witch-house bands?
>>
>>69048824
Thats how they wrote Witch in those days on manuscripts and shit
>>
>>69048824
It's how it was spelled back then since w wasn't invented
>>
File: VVitch.jpg (40 KB, 521x307) Image search: [Google]
VVitch.jpg
40 KB, 521x307
>>69043959
The rabbits on that poster is way less scary than the rabbits in the movie. It looks too over-the-top evil. Look at those stupid snek eyes.
>>
the art direction was great but it needed more evil. also, can someone confirm what happened to the twins? were they evil too? why did the girl changed sides after her whole family got massacred by the devil?
>>
Is there a torrent without hardcoded subs yet?
>>
>>69048935
>why did the girl changed sides after her whole family got massacred by the devil?
It was never about sides.

Look at her current position. Being pious has given her a shit life, and now she literally has nothing. Goat with a sexy voice offers you butter and pretty dresses, who are you to decline?
>>
>>69048853
>>69048868
huh interesting, makes sense then.
>>
>>69048935
Her own god loving family drove her to murder and kept her locked up in a shed with the devil, not to mention they literally blamed everything on her. She ended up all alone in the middle of nowhere, two feet away from the Satanville. Gee, it's like she realized the Devil was the best fucking option at that point. Reminds of Ninth Gate in that regard, people were wtfing at that ending as well even though it really made sense in the end.
>>
File: 131367939243.png (180 KB, 309x404) Image search: [Google]
131367939243.png
180 KB, 309x404
Did they harm any rabbits during the making of this film? "Cause that would be awesome. I hate those garden destroyin' muthafuckahs.
>>
File: patty robs.jpg (76 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
patty robs.jpg
76 KB, 850x400
>>69048935
The only way the devil could recruit her was to get rid of her family. The whole thing was a recruitment program.
>>
>>69043959
Agreed, only horror movie recently that more than met my expectations. Babadook was scary but the third act sucked, It Follows was nothing, but this one had great plot, production, acting, and the ending was fitting, which is the part that most decent horrors fuck up. Jumped up to my top five horrors I think.
>>
>>69043959
GOOD TORRENT WITHOUT CHINKO SUBS WHEN?
>>
>>69045193
in all seriousness you probably had trouble understanding it because you're from somewhere where you've developed a shit eating accent. I found a few lines difficult to understand in the same vein of all movies when there's a low speaking character, but their accents and diction weren't so alien I couldn't understand 90% of what they said.
>>
Only parts that where any good

Start scene with fuzzy camera lense and white tree things freaked me the fuck out
Boy discovers the witch hut
Those retarded twins prancing around with that freaky outfit

Ending was retarded

Should have been 1 witch, 1 hut, recruiting another, and the scene where the witch grabs the boy is fucking comedy, so amateur without suspense.
>>
>>69049436
And in the process inclinate her toward being accepting of him.
>>
>>69048824
Ignore those anons. Back when they used wood block letters (upper case [held in the case above your head] and lower case [in the case near the floor]) sometimes, to save money on buying them, or if they are lost certain letters could be used to make up other letters. Specifically the V to make M and W.

The director explained this somewhere, though I'm not sure that's the only reason for the VV. Regardless of the reasoning, it's a brilliantly simple and enigmatic look for the title of the film.
>>
She was a witch the entire time. Her family died because that's what she wanted to happen.
>>
>>69048935
The twins were killed in the goat shed that night.
>>
>>69051389
the bodies are never shown, so they were more likely kidnapped and rendered into broomstick lube
>>
When's the bluray coming out? I'm not watching KORSUB trash.
>>
>>69046234
That's the genius of this movie. They drop so many hints about it being about something else especially with the rotten crops, and then nope it's a straightforward fairy tale
>>
Flora... Flora ..?
>>
>>69045193
Nigger detected.
You have to stick to marvel movies.
>>
>>69051932
your loss
>>
>>69043959
Just watched this the other night, never felt so unsettled watching a horror film in a long time.
>>
File: 5HVa5.jpg (245 KB, 725x960) Image search: [Google]
5HVa5.jpg
245 KB, 725x960
This movie, and the reaction of you pretentious cucks, made me realize on a personal level that the horror film genre is dead.
>>
>>69051932
It's out on VOD now.
Not sure about physical release.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.