[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's something oddly uncomfortable about this flick.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 51+cOXs5q8L.jpg (62 KB, 359x500) Image search: [Google]
51+cOXs5q8L.jpg
62 KB, 359x500
There's something oddly uncomfortable about this flick.
>>
>>69041942
The villain hits too close to home, OP?
>>
What makes it uncomfortable for me is Disney barely acknowledging it at all despite it being actually a pretty good flick and all the hard work that was put into it. It feels embarrassing to watch because of that or that it shouldn't exist or something, idk
>>
I really like the movie but there is something unsettling about it. Just the way some of the characters act, and the way they aren't really explained at all made me uneasy as a kid
>>
Franny is a top tier wife.
>>
this movie was great, but you know there was always something weird about this movie but i could never really tell what it was, something about the overall tone
>>
>>69041942
There are some incestual overtones.
>>
>>69042083
shit, that's the vibe I get too. Even then it was released in a period where Disney wasn't cool anymore. Also the marketing made it look no different than Chicken Little.
>>
>>69042083
Disney does this with a lot of their movies if they underperform. You never hear about:

>Black Cauldron
>Aristocats
>Bolt
>Home on the Range
>Treasure Planet
>Chicken Little
>Princess and the Frog

Fortunately for Disney, they have the critics in their pocket to the point where anything they make is universally beloved.
>>
>>69043006
yeah, pretty much. It's one thing if something's shit and deserves to be forgotten (Home on the Range, Chicken Little) but there are some good gems in there that'll never be remembered or put in theme parks or merchandising, sadly
>>
>>69042125
>>
>>69042083
>>69042257
Yeah, it's the real start of their turnaround what with it being the first film under Lasseter's watch

>>69043006
>>Bolt
Actually was part of some official Disney film festival leading up to Zootopia of all the "Revival" films.

>>Princess and the Frog
Gets brought up constantly as the start of their revival.
>>
>>
>>69046248
>>
>>69041942
I think the weird feeling the movie has comes from it being in production during the Pixar merger. At the time Disney animation was a complete mess and watching the movie it feels like it was meant to be a really bad and generic CGI movie full of forced random jokes and weak attempts at being heartwarming.

After the merger they went back and reworked a lot of things and it's like you can tell the stuff that made it through untouched or toned down and the stuff they reworked. It creates a weird tone for the movie where parts are really boring and cliche, but other parts are really good.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but for instance they give a lot of unnecessary characterization for the background characters at the beginning of the movie. This is something that a lot of bad CGI movies do where it gets crowded with so many characters who really have no reason for being so unique from each other. It's just a waste of time giving these useless characters exposition. Another thing is the robot guy who feels like he was meant to be a lot more random and obnoxious but they toned him down a lot.

I think nearer to the end where they could have more easily reworked things, the movie gets better like having a villain who actually learns his lesson and making the robot hat the true antagonist, plus the movie overall has a really nice and heartwarming message.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.