[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear the walking dead/Whisperers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 33
File: fear-the-walking-dead-recap.jpg (82 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
fear-the-walking-dead-recap.jpg
82 KB, 670x377
Anybody feel like the surviving few of this show might crossover to the walking dead?

My idea is that they become the whisperers, they are adapting and learning the new world at a much quicker pace as Rick and co. And if they have less confrontations/stalemates at Rick's group did, then they will become a more established group than Rick's group currently is(being fucked in the butts by baseball bats).

Just look at the way Nick was walking when he covered himself in blood on the last two episode. He quickly learned, and even seemed like he acquired a taste for it as he walked up to the Walker and stared into it's eyes. I can see him later skinning the zombies in order to immerse himself in the world around him.

>he displays little fear to the walkers, as he is discovering his ability to move amongst them
>in the most recent episode he crept along with a hunched back, much like the whisperers are drawn with hunched backs(loosely related, but still worth noting)
>Nick is a druggie,and has made regrettable mistakes. There is no doubt he wouldn't mind becoming someone else, or being is someone else's skin
>he will soon know that rubbing blood all over himself is either unhealthy for his skin, or he will make a skin suit that is more readily available.
>the whisperers quote "you will fear us"
>the show title is FEAR the walking dead

Nick is the most likely to become one, not all of them are candidates for that faction.
>>
Why do you keep posting this? The creators are not on this board dick.
>>
They are on opposite sides of the country
>>
They've already said a bunch of times there probably won't be a crossover.

They're on opposite sides of the fucking country not to mention FTWD would need to do a 2ish year time jump to catch up to TWD.
>>
FtWD is a different universe
>>
>>69041913

>they are adapting and learning the new world at a much quicker pace as Rick and co.

Who? I'll grant you Nick, but it was established in the first few fucking minutes of the series that he's a natural survivor when he opted to fucking RUN instead of trying to help the dead chick being all weird.

Daniel grew up in El Salvador so he doesn't count. He was adapted before the show started.

Travis is still dumb. Alicia is dumb. Madison flips between smart and dumb at random. Ofelia doesn't do anything. Chris is a maybe. He's probably either going to become a villain or the most likely to kill no questions asked of the group. Strand is kind of like Daniel.
>>
File: IMG_20160502_191316.jpg (180 KB, 1432x919) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_191316.jpg
180 KB, 1432x919
>>69042241
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>69042347
Nick definitely.
>>
People actually watch this?
>>
>>69042347
>wahhh everyone is dumb

Woah, calm down guy.
>>
>>69042470
>there are really people that like things I don't like? How dare they, everyone should have the exact same interests as me.
>>
>>69042551
Who are you uoting?
>>
>>69042241
what makes you say this

what is your source
>>
>>69042241
Nope, same universe. You fucking idiot.
>>
nick wouldn't crossover into twd well
everyone on that show is pants on head retarded
only neegan hasn't been show to be retarded but he's only had like 5 mins of screen time. but everyone knows he's destined to die to rick's group of retards so he'll turn out to be retarded too sooner or later.
>>
>Fear The Walking Homos

Nope
>>
>>69042688
Get off negans dick, you faggot.
>>
>>69042707
Only strand is gay.
>>
What do you guys think about the rumor that Madison is related to Rick? We haven't learned her maiden name yet.
>>
>>69042783
Where did this rumor come from, based on what?
>>
>>69042551
No, but why watch crap when you could watch good things? It's bizarre.
>>
>>69042733
how am i on his dick dumbass?
>>
>>69042801
not sure, it was just something i kept seeing pop up, especially last season. i'm not sure if any of the writers hinted a connection but yeah, again it could just be fan hopes
>>
>>69042688

Negan's still alive in the comics, escaped from jail under Rick's house in Alexandria, went into Whisperers territory solo, and issue 156's recently previewed cover art has Negan holding Alpha. Negan isn't getting done in by Rick's group at all. Negan is the GOAT character in the series.
>>
>>69042578
he's quoting me, from another thread.
>>
>>69042707
Sigh

Queer the Walking Dead has a nicer ring to it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (169 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
169 KB, 900x1384
>>69042905
>cover
>caption is "Queen and King."

fuck, for some reason i am just hoping Negan betrays Alpha and is actually trying to help Rick and co.
>>
>>69042680
bob kirkman said otherwise
>>
>>69042976

That's what I'm expecting too. Negan likes Carl way too much and Rick in a weird way to backhandedly fuck them over. Negan becoming a good guy is a fantastic move I think. Especially considering the "Here's Negan" special already portrayed him as just an excitable asshole who wants his students to look up to him and think he's cool. He's not a total fucking bastard. He's smart and knows to act unhinged to keep control, he's not actually a crazy villain.
>>
>>69042996
Bullshit.
>>
>>69042996

Where did he say otherwise? He's said FTWD and TWD are never going to overlap. They're still both a part of the TV universe.
>>
>>69042905
holy shit nigga spoiler tags

besides, everyone knows showrunners are cucks to fans. he'll be killed for shock value or because he'll be the joeffrey of twd.
>>
>>69043078
Aka Shane if he never dieded
>>
>>69043078
Yeah His relationship with both Rick and Carl make me believe he is on their side. Him killing Brendon does look like he just doesn't want to follow his plan, but at the same time I see it like how he dealt with Spencer : he didn't respect the fact Brendon wanted to betray Rick. That and the cover totally looks like Negan could have stabbed Alpha and she's shocked.

At least this is what I'm hoping. It's the final issue of the arc, so whatever happen it'll be huge.
>>
>>69041913
>no new tai-san fap material
dropped
>>
strand and nick are based

hope nick goes full edgelord too
>>
>>69043146

I have a gut feeling audiences will like him just as much as Daryl or Rick. Especially when they flesh him out and give him some background and show off that he's probably the toughest and smartest man left on the planet at this point, especially when Tumblrinas latch on to his gender-equal positions within the Saviors and not being some scumbag who lets his people rape and attack women.
>>
>>69043229
synopsis for next week states Travis sees a familiar face in the area he and Alicia are being held captive. Could totally see Connor and Co. taking in Alex/Charlie
>>
>>69043167

He's pretty close to Shane, but not a nutcase obsessed with someone else's family and a lot smarter. He's really just Rick with a head start. Rick in the comics now has gone Negan with looking for Negan's advice on dealing with the Whisperers and Rick militarizing the communities like the original Saviors.

>>69043188

That's the vibe I got off him killing Brendon as well. He was just using him to get out of jail, then getting rid of him because he doesn't respect cowards wanting someone else to do their dirty work, as well as a new found appreciation for Rick and his family.
>>
>>69043287
>synopsis for next week states Travis sees a familiar face in the area he and Alicia are being held captive. Could totally see Connor and Co. taking in Alex/Charlie
inb4 tobias
>>
File: g7IsB.gif (2 MB, 302x206) Image search: [Google]
g7IsB.gif
2 MB, 302x206
>>69043287
>return of the childhood faps
>>
>>69043347
fuck. i like tobias actually but man, i really hope it's Alex/Charlie
>>
>>69043346
Yeah, despite all the shit he and the saviors have done, he's such a great character. I too can see TV Negan being just as great, though I will say, I think the aftermath of "who gets lucille'd" could sully things because of how popular Glenn and Daryl are to show fans.

Not taking into account comic fans as well, but those who are pretty much fangirls (and guys i guess) of thsoe two.

Still, I'm looking forward to them fleshing out Negan next season. I just hope JDM bulks up a bit, I know he lost weight for a role but he didn't seem as menacing during his first appearance.
>>
>>69043356
She's qt af and she;s actually bad ass too, so I'm hoping she does return full-time. I can see her and Daniel bonding maybe after Ofelia bites it. But I'm hoping not, since I like Ofelia too and could see her get hardened just like her father.
>>
File: fear walking dead cunt.jpg (36 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
fear walking dead cunt.jpg
36 KB, 700x350
>>69041913
It would legit redeem the shitty Negan intro botching if they made Fear the Walking Dead the origin story of the Whisperers and this bitch is Alpha.

She's already getting cold as fuck.
>>
>>69043501
>ophelia definitely gonna be the carol. merely existing in the old world to alive in the new
>>
>>69043525
Hmm but how much time would pass for her to have a new daughter as old as Lydia?
>>
>>69043260
eh idk. if they decide to keep with the story and have negan kill old yellow it'll be as gruesome as the comics and he might earn too much hate to be forgiven. I mean, how did the fan's attitudes change with the governor's backstory? I didn't pay attention to them so i don't know but i assume it'd be the same reaction.
>>
>>69043589
That's the sense I was getting from how she speaks to her father now, and then with how she dealt with that pregnant bitch and her talk with Chris.

I'd welcome it, honestly. She's cute, and I thought for sure she'd be a casualty in S1
>>
>>69041913
nice blog.
>>
Nick a qt

the real reason gay captain brought him along.
>>
>>69043792
Right? I don't Blame Strand. Nick may look like he needs a shower, but damn that tight little body of his.
>>
File: 111145.gif (3 MB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
111145.gif
3 MB, 400x348
>>69041913
>>
File: large[1].jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>69043792
i thought for sure Nick and Calvin hooked up in S1.

i wanted to see Nick give him head for some drugs
>>
>>69043525
It could likely be the origins of the whisperers.
I don't think she would be alpha, we probably haven't met alpha yet. But maybe she will influence alpha in ways.
They said alpha fought for leadership over the whisperers, on a side note.
>>
>>69041913
Jesus christ how many times are you going to make this thread? We get it you think Nick is gonna be a whisperer, are you so autistic you need to discuss the same thing every damn day?
>>
>>69044025
A lot of people are on board with it, chill the fuck out kiddo.

>inb4 you are a writer for the show freaking the fuck out because we figured it out too soon.
>>
>>69044025
Take your meds, kek. Don't have an aneurysm now!
>>
>>69044167
Who cares how many people agree with it? That doesn't warrant constant discussion of the same fucking topic because it can only go so far.

>I think he's/the groups gonna be whisperers cause _____
>I agree too because _____
>Yep
>Yeah
>same thread tomorrow with the exact same reasoning?
>>
>>69043976
Not to mention, it would be take away a lot of airtime from the main cast of TWD if they took a season to try and explain the origins of the whisperers and at the same time try to capture Rick and everyone in present tense.

Yeah, it makes sense why ftwd is even a show if it's an origins story. It makes no sense to make a secondary show about a different group, but it does make sense if this is the story of a major group in the actual show.
>>
>>69044219
>Who cares how many people agree with it?
>That doesn't warrant constant discussion

how retarded can you be?
>>
>>69044219
Nah you're just crazy, if you don't like it why didn't you just ignore it?

Lol go take your issues somewhere else, nigger. Nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>69044219
You are the cancer that kills this world.
>>
>>69044337
>can't provide an actual argument and just say "lol ur dumb xD"

Christ /tv/ is full of idiots. At least make an attempt to give me a real reason why you should say the same things over and over and over and over again.
>>
>>69044310
>It makes no sense to make a secondary show about a different group
>makes no sense to have a spinoff of a very successful series
>>
>>69043455

JDM's pretty much back to Comedian size. They start filming this season today. He'll be stealing the show for sure. He only was that scrawny because he had a 2 day notice between being given the part and having to fly out to film.

>>69043627

I think that's the way to go with the character. Hopefully the show follows suit and makes him likable like the comic version and follows that story line.

As far as the governor goes, he was way more likable than his comic counterpart. He humanization with Lilly/Tara's family was a big improvement even if he was still a nutcase. The comic form was just a psycho rapist Danny Trejo caricature. Very little depth, even in his prequel novels.
>>
>>69041913
I am now aware of whisperer Nick. Fuck.
>>
>>69044414
>so angry at thread you have hemorrhoids
>doesn't hide thread

The obvious idiot is you.
>>
>>69044414
the fact that you're too retarded to understand the argument without having to have it spelled out for you just shows how retarded you actually are. so much irony in your post trump could build his wall with it.
>>
>>69044310
When has TWD show ever really took the time to explain the backstory of villains?

>The Governor didn't
>The Hunters got a couple of flashbacks in one episode
>The Wolves didn't
>>
>>69044426
Good to hear about JDM, yeah I knew about his weight loss for a previous project so wasn't too surprised at seeing him so thin, but yeah good that he'll be bulking up again to really fit the role.
>>
>>69044494
Kek
>>
>>69044414
MOOOOOOt
>>
I doubt the FtWD group will have anything to do with the whisperers. It's too far ahead in terms of the main show. Plus I can't really get behind when /tv/ talks about this because I still remember when a whole bunch of you guys thought the Wolves were gonna be the Whisperers.
>>
>>69044504
The whisperers shit on all those villains, though. They must have origins story.
>>
>Strand is an asshole, we don't need him!
>AHH STRAND WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

Complete fucking shitters
>>
>>69044570
it's crazy, in the comic when Ken tells them that he swears he heard the walkers whispering it fucking creeped me out so much. it just never dawned on me that there'd be a group doing what Rick and Co. has done several times, but to that extent

Reveal was pretty damn cool
>>
When the whisperers finally show up are they gonna show/talk about how Lydia gets raped all the time? Because I could see them just not even talking about it since they never had Michonne get raped (and that was a huge part in her hate against the Governor when on the show it didn't make as much sense)
>>
>>69044567
I can guarantee you that Nick will continue to demonstrate his creepiness and transform with each episode.

The whisperers took a while to become what they are, and when Rick & Co finally encounters them, it's like 2-3 years into the outbreak. So I think ftwd cast has time to transform/kill off members and narrow down to the ones who will change.
>>
>>69044712
That's a touchy subject ject that the probably won't talk about in the actual show.
They made negan say pee pee pants city, so I doubt they will cross that shock factor.
>>
>>69044570
The whisperers won't get an origins story, the most that will happen is when the girl gets captured she just explains how they came to be/Alpha tells Rick how it all happened. It just wouldn't make sense for no group to have an origins story and then they turn around and dedicate time to the backstory of a new villain group. Unless Kirkmans story was stalled out and they needed more story to come up with for the show which would suck because whenever the writers try to do their own story it comes out ass.
>>
File: walking-dead-negan-1.jpg (57 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
walking-dead-negan-1.jpg
57 KB, 620x387
>>69044793
What does Negan saying pee pee pants city have to do with what lines they'll cross?
>>
>>69044828
>oh I know everything about everything.

Kek, well smartass, the whisperers are a massive alpha group to all the other beta groups in the series. It definitely makes sense that they would have a background.

That way we can either be #survivors, or #whisperers, when we can't decide who to like more.
>>
>>69044828
Maybe not, but this could probably be the origin of at least ONE of them. That one being Nick.
>>
>>69042578
He's translating retard to english.
>>
>>69044957
>the whisperers are a massive alpha group to all the other beta groups in the series

Not compared to the Saviors who were a literal army. Rick was able to band together the other communities to take them down, and he's going to do the same to the whisperers. The only reason he's taking so long is because he didn't want to go on a killing rampage with everybody since he wants to look like the good guy. If he put forth the effort the whisperers would get squashed like bugs since all they have is the herd advantage, I mean the Saviors were a much harder group since they had tons of weaponry and more ruthless people who didn't negotiate.
>>
>>69044957
>the whisperers are a massive alpha group to all the other beta groups

They're actually the least threatening crew Rick has ever faced. The only advantage they have is something that Rick and company can do and have done before.
>>
>>69042905
>the show has followed the comics exactly
>>
>>69045148
Negan being alive in the comics is a huuuuuge part of the story, it's not like switching out character deaths on the show this actually matters.
>>
>>69045076
Sounds like somebody is on team negan.

Why would they make the whisperers the same threat, if not less, as every other tribe?
They can melt into the herds and slip away, and we don't know how many there really are, but the herd seems massive.
They can also control the herds and threaten that they will destroy everything Rick knows and loves with their zombie equivalent of a nuclear bomb(the biggest herd encountered yet).
They then decapitate the heads of a few notable characters and leave them on pikes as a warning to not cross boundaries.

They seem like they mean business.
>>
>>69045135
Least threatening?

How so? Enlighten us, oh knowledgeable one.
>>
>>69045281
I did in that post tardfaggot. Do you read?
>>
>>69045298
You actually didn't explain yourself at all, retard.
>>
>>69045233
Lydia told Rick that Alpha was scared of them because the whisperers have never dealt with a community of this size before (4 damn communities with hundreds of people) so her killing people in secret and being threatening is just a scare tactic because Alpha knows that Rick can get his people to stomp her shit out
>>
>>69045366
> The only advantage they have is something that Rick and company can do and have done before.

You're legitimately non-functional.
>>
>>69044726
This theory sucks and there's absolutely nothing to support it.
>>
>>69045497
Besides Nick's current behavior and everything OP noted?
Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>69045431
>>69045431
You literally can't elaborate on your vague statement.
Fucking kill youself, idiot.

I fail to understand how autists like you can even survive in this world.
>>
>>69045626
There's nothing vague about this, if you don't understand it's entirely on you being genuinely stupid. Enjoy.
>>
>>69041913
Why else would they make a second show if it wasn't some cryptic shit like this?
>>
>>69045679
Not the anon, but you really aren't making sense bro. You just sound mad as fuck, lol.
>>
The whisperers arc is 4 years in from the start of the outbreak, the show is barely in its second. That would mean that FtWD would have to have a bunch of time skips to catch up with the main show.
>>
>>69045679
>getting mad because he knows he was vague
>>
>>69045760
Are you saying TWD has never done a time skip before? Lol.
>>
>>69045813
They've done time jumps that were a few weeks long, FtWD would have to do months at a time
>>
>>69045853
And they can't do that... Why?

I anticipate that ftwd will just end loosely/open ended and at least one of them will pop up in twd.
>>
>>69045952
>will just end loosely/open ended

That's what I fear if they go this route though, FtWD would have to end it's series with no actual finale, just a "ok we're done now tune in to TWD." If they showed them turning into the whisperers (say ending it when them putting on walker skin or similar) then everyone would know "ok these guys are the whisperers" and there's no initial shock that came with "holy fuck are the walkers talking now? oh shit they're people!"

And also if they do go that route when they/Alpha is revealed and it turns out to be someone from FtWD I'm sure a lot of viewers wouldn't get excited because not everyone who watches TWD watches or cares for the spin off.
>>
>>69045298
...you will
>>
>>69045853
It's a few months between season 2 and 3 in the show
>>
>>69045813
He just said they would have to have further time skips. You replied like he said there were absolutely no time skips in twd.
You just made up some shit in your head and plastered it over his point. You are either actually retarded, or you're just an ass. I'm hoping you're just an ass.
>>
>>69042801
talking dead's chris hardwick referenced it last night that it would be 'amazing' if her last name was grimes....or dixon

fans went nuts

but it's too on the nose. I for one hope against hope they reference clem kenny and lee or an even longer shot, of them referencing breaking bad.
they did a few easter eggs referring to the blue meth or mentioning things related to the show, it wouldnt be all that hard to do. in b4 they arent near new mexico
(they are currently on a boat and heading toward mexico)
>>
>>69046916
would /tv/ be pissed if they find out there is a connection between both shows?

i wouldn't be, personally, as long as it's handled well.
>>
>>69046784
Nah, just sounds like you're a sensitive pussy samefagging.
That, or you're a pussy who is brown nosing like no tomorrow.
Either way you're just a faggot with no life.
>>
They are all too fucking stupid to be wisperers
>>
>>69047041
>implying the whisperers never had to learn how to survive the way they do. Nothing pushed them to it, they just are what they are.

Yeah fucking right.
>>
File: gurrr urrg aarrg.webm (2 MB, 636x360) Image search: [Google]
gurrr urrg aarrg.webm
2 MB, 636x360
reminder: strand is going to die because television likes to kill off gay characters

nick is the only reason i watch this show to be quite honest
hes fucking cool as fuck and i want to see how he turns out in the future

chris is too much of an angsty edgemaster but has potential to be based

alicia is a weird choice for eye candy but i would still fuck her

daniel is a fucking badass but will die in a sacrificial manner obviously

ofelia has round cheeks i want to pinch

madison is too idk stronk

travis is kind of a pussy in the body of a real man who will snap and murder everything

is that everybody? yea thats everybod... oh wait that new mexican dude seems cool

PS. sorry guise idk how 2 webm

how do you dudes make your webms? what apps and sites do you use? i need recommendations cuz i always want to make webms but dont know the best way
>>
>>69046995
I wouldn't be pissed.
It would actually make sense why they are doing these two shows.
>>
i dont think that the fear of the walking dead would have anyone from walking dead on it, but i could see older versions of these characters on the walking dead AFTER all out war because there is a time skip that could have anything happen
>>
>>69047080
I don't usually tell people my secret.
But just go to this site it's super easy for webm : html5backgroundvideos com/converter/?job=kEKVQM
>>
>>69047041
>Whisperers
>Picked a fight with Rick
>Smart

Lol...
>>
>>69047080
>"whatchu say whiteboi?!!?! say that shit to my face"
>"i said ssccrrrraaawrr"

your webm needs more fucked up pixelization
>>
>>69041913
>Anybody feel like the surviving few of this show might crossover to the walking dead?
no
>>
>>69041913
The opening music as Nick covered himself in blood sounded pretty spooky, fitting for the whisperers.
He is probably wearing the "prototype skin suit"
>>
>>69047282
yo that was such a great cold open

it really changed the feel of the show instead of that load sub-woofer sound they always play on the title card

great way to set the tone
>>
>>69047429
Agreed.
I hope they do more twisted sounding intros/scenes like that.
>>
>>69046916

The blue meth was just using the same prop drugs AMC had on hand. Slapping in overt Breaking Bad references would be absolutely fucking awful.

If I recall right, Rick only referenced having 1 sibling like in the comic, his brother. Rick's brother also just got his own one-off comic in Barcelona, where He dies, but sends a museum curator he was surviving with named Claudia off on a small sailing boat to America, and tells her to look for his brother Rick.

I don't think Madison is white trash enough to be related to Daryl/Merle, and Rick's already said he only had a brother.
>>
This shit is already better than season 2 of cucking dead, it'd be pretty cool if they got danny trejo as a bad guy since they're going to Mexico and he looks like comic governor, it'd actually make sense for the cartel to be running things in spicland
>>
>>69048230
>ftwd group run into cartel thugs who try to fuck their shit up

Would be pretty cool
>>
File: sad american.png (14 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
sad american.png
14 KB, 327x367
>>69048200
>rick had 1 sibling
>its a guy named jeff who dies in a one shot
>madison is probably unrelated to anyone in the survivors
>>
>>69048200
It's also not a stretch of imagination that should could be related to andrea since she's such a terrible bitch
>>
File: Minerals.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Minerals.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
wait

what if madison was related to the governor that would be a stretch because we never really got a true idea of what the governors true identity was befor the comic, no last name was given to his character so theres no real way to link they

or what if she is related to shane?! that would be crazy as well

or what if she is related to lori

or what if shes related to glen, that would be a real shocker since hes a chinaman

but seriously what if she was related to shane and through the transitive law she is related to judith which would kind of make her a part of ricks tribe kind of sort of
>>
>>69048977
id rather granpa shane be related to shane so i can be satisfied with how alpha that blood line is
>>
>>69048230
>>69048271
its been done
>>
File: Nurse Carol.jpg (23 KB, 312x534) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Carol.jpg
23 KB, 312x534
>>69049104
oh fuck i forgot about this show

its fun to watch because they dont really take themselves seriously at all and fun comes first

i dont have the syfysci-fi channel no mores :/

FTWD could always do it less campy more serious style tho
i mean sure it "been done" but its campy and tonally different
>>
>>69049070
>grandpa shane

who?
>>
>>69041913
>Fear the walking cucks

Why are people such fucking cucks. If you step on my boat at a time like that I'm at the very least letting off warning shots.
>>
>>69049294
the old mexican dad
>>
This show is so disgusting, boring and retarded. It's incredible.

Is there even one American TV show not infested with FORCED cultural Marxist? Just one?
>>
>>69049469
>>
File: Fear-The-Walking-Dead-image1.jpg (69 KB, 1280x901) Image search: [Google]
Fear-The-Walking-Dead-image1.jpg
69 KB, 1280x901
>>69049499
>>
>mfw decide to try TWD comics one night
>spend the next couple of days in 3 sitting reading through them all

How'd they make the show such garbage with solid, pulpy and interesting source material?
>>
File: twd3.jpg (25 KB, 414x291) Image search: [Google]
twd3.jpg
25 KB, 414x291
>>69049523
>>
File: niggalove.jpg (138 KB, 1470x1050) Image search: [Google]
niggalove.jpg
138 KB, 1470x1050
>>69041913
>>
>>69049442
oooooh but hes no shane
hes not thaaaat fuckd up and ruthless i dont think so at least but we'll see
i mean he WAS that fucked up and ruthless in the salvadoran civil war but hes kind of a changed man once he got to america

shane was a dog that had very little self controll, impulsive and the kind of guy you sic on people if things get bad
his instinct to survive was so primal and caveman like

idk daniel seems to be a thinking rational man
>>
File: AMC madmen.jpg (39 KB, 718x403) Image search: [Google]
AMC madmen.jpg
39 KB, 718x403
>>69049580
>>
File: amc chairman.jpg (56 KB, 460x350) Image search: [Google]
amc chairman.jpg
56 KB, 460x350
>>69049601
>>
TWD show, comic, and spinoffs are so full of holes it pains me.
EG Was there ever a zombie fiction where they actually made use of armor?
>>
>>69049706
yes, twd
>>
>>69049555
>Tfw
Yeah man when I heard there was gonna be a zombie series after breaking bad on AMC I was like whoa cool so I looked up the comic series and loved it read 90 something issues in two days. I liked the first season but was disappointed by the second season etc
>>
>>69049739
You shitting me they're in plainsclothes shirts 99% of the time and never once got serious about armor outside of finding some pre-made as part of plot, and most of the deaths were completely avoidable. The comic was about as infuriating as the show about that outside of murders.

Still waiting for a squad of decked out renfare people to show up. Best we got was the stronk female with a wallhanger katana.
>>
>>69049835
in season 7 of TWD they will discover a 'Kingdom' that has guys in armor and everything. you'll see.
>>
>>69049215
Jesus christ, she is so beautiful. Looks about 30 there. Young Carol is so fucking hot.
>>
File: HNNGG.png (593 KB, 694x991) Image search: [Google]
HNNGG.png
593 KB, 694x991
>>69049215

>dat mouf
>doze lipz

want2fuckfkjslfjkldsjfdklsjfdsklAAAAAGHHHH
>>
>>69050006
>you'll see.
It's more the fact that since day 1 nobody even gave half a thought to so much as blood splatters, let alone even minor bite protection.

Anybody with a few hours of quiet time could have jerryrigged plastic armor from anything.

Let alone a simple spear so they're not in fucking hand-to-hand with these things.
>>
File: hes serious.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
hes serious.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>69050168
>plastic armor
>made our of tincans laundry detergent bottles and paint buckets
>looking like the homeless knights of the round table

that would look* waaaay cool and make the show waaaaay better stupid as fuck*
>>
So, can I read Walking Dead comics somewhere in the internet without downloading them?
>>
>>69050300
fucking over privileged millennial

GET A HAIRCUT AND GET A REAL JOB
>>
>>69050281
>I like plot holes as long as it's aesthetically pleasing
Can I just have my fucking zombie TV show that isn't out of a fucking English 101 class half-assed project?
>>
>>69041913
Here's to hoping.
>>
>>69050383
>things dont make sense in a show about the dead rising

dude lets just think about it

1) the added weight of the armor means you can pack less when traveling causing you to compromise with essentials for the road like water

2)armor would make noise making you more noticeable by a herd causing you to get mobbed

3)it weighs you down causing you to run slower

4)moving quickly causes your armor to make more noise possibly attracting more attention

5)the armor doesnt breath like a fabric causing you to sweat more while hastily making your way

6)dehydrated you either take the armor off and look for water or just die and be an armored walker for some poor soul to deal with

yea dude totally not a cumbersome hinderence

i mean i can see some tactical advantages with armor when clearing but outside of that it shouldnt be worn at all times for stated reasons

whatchu think
>>
>>69050640
>whatchu think
I think a human has a hard time biting through so much as a jacket.
I think I paintballed/airsofted close to the border enough to know how to keep cool with lots of crap on
I think only people really far enough south are fucked from heat and even then you only need to armor limbs you're sticking out
I think I Am A Hero was a way more deserving comic for an adaptation and handled strategy/tactics/equipment better. Drilled formations with shields even.

I think FUCKING SHORT SPEARS JESUS CHRIST

>slow speed
The zombies in this aren't even fast zombies

>armored walker
Short. Spear. Quarterstaff. Fucking slingshots. Pick something.
They don't have good balance.

The walkers in TWD are nowhere near as threatening as the show makes them out to be.
>>
>>69050640
Also, as per mentioned tacticooling it in hot weather experience:
You make more noise walking than the crap on you does, like actual foot-to-ground contact noise is LOUD. It's not hard to make your gear itself quiet.

it's not like they're carrying a string of pots and pans clanging together. Stepping on a stick is louder than shoulderpads.
>>
>>69042241
False

There will be some crossover at some point.

<s>I just can't wait until Victor Strand takes them all to the gay rape castle in Mexico</s> I wonder why they want to go there so badly.

>>69044219
If you don't want to talk about the show, why do you participate in the threads?

>>69044414
Because we can, and you don't tell anyone shit. How's that.

>>69050640
2)armor would make noise
>I wear armor all the time and it doesn't make any noise.
3)it weighs you down
>Now that part is true as fuck, at least with plates.
>>
>>69051124
>plates
That's implying you even need metal armor. Not even. Simple wire mesh even would be overkill. Let alone just plastic with holes drilled. Let alone a plain leather jacket modified with pull-detachable sleeves. etc etc
>>
>>69050826
>I think I paintballed/airsofted close to the border enough to know how to keep cool with lots of crap on

paintball armor and clothing is made to breathe

you said makeshift armor which wouldnt really designed with that much intricacy

>>69050930
>it's not like they're carrying a string of pots and pans clanging together
you said makeshift er i mean "jerryrigged" armor so like hah ok
i think you get what im getting at here haha

anyway the spear thing is a good point

but being constantly armored in that manner would be dumb

maybe like ducktape armor and leather jackets sure they do need to utilize that more

but as for what you proclaimed as being a good idea kind of isnt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>69051124
this whole conversation got started with a guy saying that they need to handmake armor out of plastic and other found materials so it differs from actual armor that is designed by a team of experts over a period of time
>>
>>69051179
>actual armor that is designed by a team of experts over a period of time
... you know a guy once built a literal bear-proof suit in his garage with hand tools and hardware store, right?
Material is material.

Humans can't bite through anything tougher than cardboard, and our teeth aren't even that long.
>>
>>69051179
>intricacy
also, there's no intricacy and there is no "paintball armor and clothing" per say. it's mostly just not being an idiot.
There's no magic "intricate armor designed by a team of engineers" to it.
>>
>>69050016
still would. she sexes it up pretty good in real life
>>
>>69051178
I don't think you would for the zombies desu, it is for rifle rounds. For zombies you'd be better off with sports equipment. A minimalist plate rig with 4 plates weighs about 45 pounds, not practical if you have to be very mobile, but does offer great protection against pretty much anything someone would shoot you with.

>>69051179
this whole conversation got started with a guy saying that they need to handmake armor out of plastic and other found materials so it differs from actual armor that is designed by a team of experts over a period of time

>I don't see the reason to handmake anything when the real shit can be scavenged rather easily... well that and I already have the shit, but even if I didn't.

You can load yourself down with a lot of gear the limited factor is water. People don't realize it... Anyone that has carried a heavy load far distances in heat knows.

>>69051294
>when she cringe-ily asked Daryl to make out.
>>
>>69051338
>limited factor is water
>>69050640
>dehydrated

Any water you can find isn't enough?
Let alone simple boiling+condensation collection?

Hasn't anyone read any kind of survival guide?

Plus water filters for camping gear that can do hundreds of gallons per filter are in every fucking relevant store.
>>
>>69051338
>I don't think you would for the zombies
That's the thing, TWD needed heavier focus that the zombies aren't the threat, the people are. It was supposed to be the main theme, but then every other scene the camera pans away from an open field for half a second and pans back for a walker to pop out of the fucking ground.
And they keep using fucking knives/staves/etc then getting grabbed/bit.
And they keep getting pulled/knocked like fucking drunks.

I think the only decent Zombie movie ever made was The Battery, come to think of it. You never even see the guy get bit, the real threat is isolation and each other.
>>
File: 100413.jpg (8 KB, 112x440) Image search: [Google]
100413.jpg
8 KB, 112x440
>>69051394
I have several life straws, and they do in fact work. We did it with mud and it came out clear the other side. Since water purification systems are rather ubiquitous, water would only be an issue if you didn't pursue it.

So this is the third woman that has been pregnant...

When are one of them going to have the baby die and eat the mom from the inside out...

I bet it is this cunt on the boat.
>>
File: giphy.gif (397 KB, 400x421) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
397 KB, 400x421
>>69051455
I completely agree.

Dawn of the dead 2004 was probably my favorite.

You kinda gotta give them a little slack in the realism department, it is after all a fiction about zombies.

Many if not all of the shitty predicaments they find themselves in are due to plain stupidity, and are completely avoidable.

I felt like the beginning of dawn of the dead was pretty realistic in how an ordinary person would react to it.

It is just shit like Glenn dumpster that gets annoying. The threat doesn't seem real since if it's a main character insert whatever fucking miracle they use this time always gets away.
>>
>>69051277
for some reason i think youre absolutely wrong about that

>>69051235
his bear proof suit was fucking ridiculous and as faar as i can remember he never tested it on bears LOL nice try tho

>>69051338
i kno thats why i said it would make you sweat more and cause you to compromise with necessary things like water

>>69051394
>Hasn't anyone read any kind of survival guide?
no, people are stupid, why would that shit ever be useful

>Plus water filters for camping gear that can do hundreds of gallons per filter are in every fucking relevant store
you seriously think that stuff wasnt already taken in the outbreak if not looted after?
>>
>>69047080
>nick is the only reason i watch this show to be quite honest
>hes fucking cool as fuck and i want to see how he turns out in the future
>chris is too much of an angsty edgemaster but has potential to be based
these are the only reason i watch.

after chris stops being a little fag, i hope it becomes the nick & chris show
>>
File: 1458865306594.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1458865306594.png
67 KB, 230x230
>>69051635
i would tune in aswell

fuck it would be like

>THEY ARE ZOMBIE SLAYING BROTHERS FROM ANOTHER MOTHERS

yea chris needs to stop and smoke a doob
>>
>>69051595
>I completely agree.
To share, the one thing I liked about TWD was the comic, and just the formula that got old pretty fast which was something not a lot was doing at the time: Difficult travel, settle in safe place, drama, shit hits the fan, sudden deaths, people split, rinse repeat. It was good at this and it was a one trick pony.
And the TV show doesn't quite understand what even made the comic good.

>>69051623
>civilization collapses
>tracking down a copy of any survival guide isn't your first priority
>>
>>69051694
>civilization has collapsed
>not looking for your loved ones is your first priority
surviving alone is not living anon
besides you dont know what kind of shit would be happening on your way to barnes and noble but thats not really the point huh
>>
>>69051760
>>not looking for your loved ones is your first priority

They are most likely dead anyway. Making irrational decisions based on emotion is a good way to have unnecessary exposure.

But I don't have any family or friends really so... I guess to each his own.
>>
>>69051921
>Making irrational decisions based on emotion is a good way to have unnecessary exposure.
this is true but thats what these shows are essentially about, they are dramas with horror themes and not the other way around

it wouldnt be the walking dead if they didnt make emotion based decisions that get them pinched in the end, it would be interesting to watch a serious show about romero-esque zombies but al least we got what we got

stop complaining
>>
File: Babywhisperer.png (3 MB, 1917x1075) Image search: [Google]
Babywhisperer.png
3 MB, 1917x1075
>>69052121
I'm not complaining I love the show. It is a drama with zombies... I just wish there was a little less drama and a little more zombies.

I'm looking at you season 2 you piece of shit

It's better than z nation, but that one is fun to watch as well in my opinion.

Also that telltale game is pretty fun if you are into that sort of gameplay if anyone wants to check it out. The survival instinct one is a hunk of shit though so avoid that one.
>>
>>69052292
the telltale game was a pretty good point and click

and season 2 is the absolute worst

yea z nation! thanks for reminding me again, i need to catch up
>>
>>69049469
>mexican
>white
>>
>>69052457
>the telltale game was a pretty good point and click
There is a Michone one out as well if you were not aware. I don't like it as much as the first two though. I kinda was pissed when Lee dies I don't know if that was a user generated outcome or not. I figure since he was bit it was inevitable.
>and season 2 is the absolute worst
I doubt it could every be that shitty again.
>yea z nation! thanks for reminding me again, i need to catch up
That show gets a little strange at times. The plant zombie thing was pretty weak.
>>
>>69052633
z nation just doesnt give a fuck

it caters more towards video game zombie fans
>>
>>69047080
https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
>>
>>69054267
>https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
this doesnt looks sketchy as shit
>>
HOW THE FUCK DID THOSE TEENS DRIFT MAGICALLY THOUSANDS OF KILOMETRES AND HAPPEN UPON THE BOAT WHAT THE FUCK SERIOUSLY
>>
>>69054334
>THOUSANDS OF KILOMETRES

YOU'RE AN IDIOT
>>
>>69050168
>Let alone a simple spear so they're not in fucking hand-to-hand with these things.

Ayup. Once again, billhooks. Make them from kitchen cutlery, weld a nail horizontally and another vertically from the blade, and mount on a 5' stick. Teams of two: one spikes and holds the zomble while their partner goes for the headshot^H^H^Hstab.
>>
>>69041913
How is a heroin addict the smartest person ever to live in this universe?
>>
>TWD is so bad they literally had to start over

FTWD is a much better show so far
>>
>>69054334
they've been after them since episode one, dipshit.
>>
File: 1462047376119.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1462047376119.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
why strand gotta be gay
>>
>>69058406
cuz niggers b fags n shit too, nah me?
>>
>alicia braless
wew
>>
so, for someone who absolutely hated that first season 2 episode to the point that i immediately dropped the show, how shit have been these last episodes ?
>>
>>69059442
Last two episodes have been bretty good. Give it another shot.
>>
>>69059442
its like TWD but with models instead of ballerinas
>>
File: negan.jpg (167 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
negan.jpg
167 KB, 720x1280
>Negan was a high school phys ed teacher who swore like a sailor in front of his students
kek
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.