[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wot/ - Wheel of Time General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: oldmemes.jpg (28 KB, 252x500) Image search: [Google]
oldmemes.jpg
28 KB, 252x500
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

>What is the Wheel of Time?
The Wheel of Time (abbreviated as WoT by fans) is a bestselling series of epic fantasy novels written by the American author James Oliver Rigney, Jr. under the pen name Robert Jordan. It has recently been announced that it will be getting a tv series adaptation by a currently unknown "Major Studio".

>Reference
http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/
http://www.theoryland.com/

>What do we know so far?
Just the announcement made by Harriet McDougal (Jordan's wife).
http://www.tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rights-to-the-wheel-of-time-optioned-by-new-studio-with-jordan-estates-approval/

>Here's the awesome Billy Zane pilot that aired at 3am on FXX some time ago that has since been the source of lawsuits and what not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
>>
>>69041654
So, it's for children and fat beta nerds?
>>
>>69041654
wheel of time? isn't that the absurdly drawn-out book series only pathetic fucking nerds read?

wait, big-titted blue chicks? i'm in
>>
>>69041654
14 novels.
Dear lord
>>
>>69041765
she's clearly purple
>>
>>69041654
>a general
No
>>
>>69041827
u /wot/ m8?
>>
>>69041765
>wheel of time? isn't that the absurdly drawn-out book series only pathetic fucking nerds read?

Very much so. I made the mistake of asking the local library if they had any of the books. They didn't but took it upon themselves to request them from another library. So, the next time I go in there's this ginormous stack of super thick books waiting for me.

I must have got 3 chapters into the 1st book and said fuck it.
>>
File: eotwfreex.jpg (13 KB, 149x246) Image search: [Google]
eotwfreex.jpg
13 KB, 149x246
>>69041963
If you've only read 3 chapters you aren't fit to answer the question, buddy.

Tor used to give away the first half of the first book as a marketing scheme.
>>
>>69041782
Fifteen counting New Spring: the Novel. Also The Strike at Shayol Ghul, New Spring the short story, and River of Souls (super not canon). Also The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time and The Wheel of Time Compendium. Also the notes at the collection at the College of Charleston.

In the main, the first one and last three aren't canon though
>>
>>69042786
*Companion

What a lunkheaded, woolbrained mistake :(
>>
The pilot for this show sucked and was bought with infomercial time on FXX in the middle of the night. Why would it ever be good?
>>
>making a general thread
>for a show that isn't even on air
>>
>>69042972
/tv/ tourist or newfriend?
>>
For anyone interested, google wheel of time pdf and bam. First 10 books for free
>>
>>69043198
I love you
>>
>>69043869
Np family. I'd start with Eye of the World. New Spring is apparently a prequel, but ituses a lot of words and stuff you won't understand without having read at least some of the others
>>
>>69041654
Wheel of time bro? I haven't heard from you since the great shitstorm of /got/
>>
MOIRAINE LEARNS TO SHOOT LASERS THEN DIES
>>
File: 1439054923601.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439054923601.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>69041654
>sees /got/ generals
>must be a new dank meme

why the fuck is everyone doing this shit?

game of thrones has generals because it's ridiculously huge fan base. It's containment. Normal threads don't need ''generals''
>>
>>69044593
this
>>
>>69044078
too bad for you I don't even know what this means
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.