[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you recommend some movies like Crumb or American Splendor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: crumb1.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crumb1.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
Can you recommend some movies like Crumb or American Splendor? Like, down-to-earth looks at relatable weirdos? I mean I know the one was a documentary and the other was like, half-documentary. And they were both about underground comic guys, so that's optional but a plus.
>>
American movies
Grey gardens
Hands on a hard body
>>
Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles

breddy good, weird as fuck
>>
>>69039832
>American movie
Looks good.

>>69039861
So it's basically about an ARG? Looks interesting.
>>
>>69040316
>So it's basically about an ARG?
Sort of. It's weird and oddly fits what OP seems like he's looking for as well as anything else.

To say to much would create expectations and ruin it since its about figuring out whats going on with it all.
>>
Loud fast and out of control
>>
the devil and daniel johnston
>>
>>69040650
the devil in ms jones
>>
>>69039861
I still put up toynbee tiles. My neighbor put up one in front of City hall which piqued my interest after it ended up in the kc star.

Use linoleum on a freshly asphaulted road, leave the sticker paper on to let cars run over it for a week then peel off the stick paper and it will be basically the level of the rest of the road. If you dont do this the letters fall off over time.
>>
>>69040316
American movie is my favorite doc
>>
>>69039786
Have you ever seen Jon Ronson's documentaries? There's also his imitator Louis Theroux
>>
>>69039786
Being John Malkovich
>>
>>69040316
gonna +1 American Movie
>>
Also PBS' Different Drummer series
>>
>>69040808
The whole time they were hanging out behind that guy's house I was just telling myself, "He's posting on 4chan pretending to not hear the door."
>>
Julian Donkey Boy
>>
>>69041044
Ive actually never saw the documentary. My neighbor is an old school ex punk and he taught me because we were talking about culture jamming/adbusting

We should do some seagal ones or trump ones
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGw9kU71DIc

Here's a documentary about Canadian bums, it has a nice A E S T H E T I C to it too
>>
File: CloseUp.jpg (5 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
CloseUp.jpg
5 KB, 257x196
Errol Morris' Tabloid is fun

Any fan of the documentary medium needs to watch Close Up.
>>
Feeling magnanimous. Also try:

Marwencol
Off the Charts
The Incredible Mr. Bickford
>>
>>69042407
I'm drunk, an I apologize for the fllwng error:

I did not mean the Incredible Mr. Bickford, or the Amazing Mr. Bickford either, I meant Monster Road, which is about Bruce Bickford. Also, Off the Charts full title is Off the Charts: The Song-Poem Story.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.