[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from watching Civil War, enjoyed it, but I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: zemo.jpg (112 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
zemo.jpg
112 KB, 1024x576
Just got back from watching Civil War, enjoyed it, but I had a few questions about Zemo's plan

please explain how he set in motion

>wanda blowing up the wakanda's
>the UN accords(does he work at the UN?)
>the 177 govs. calling for heroes to be curtailed(did he work at those govs?)
>him knowing the 1991 was important
>him knowing footage of 1991 existing
>him knowing he'd be the only psychologist in the room
>him knowing captain america and tony would be split on the accords
>him knowing captain america would still want to protect bucky
>him knowing captain america would catch bucky after he escaped
>him knowing captain america wouldn't contact stark about the other brainwashed soldiers
>him knowing that falcon would tell stark where steve went(was he in cahoots with falcon?)
>him knowing tony would shop up alone(what happens if tony brings vision?)

please explain how zemo put the accords and his entire plan into motion. Other than that bretty gud 7/10
>>
Okai I'll explain it to you, only if you explain to me how vision can fly, I mean I enjoyed the movie but how? He doesn't have wings!
>>
Thank God he didn't wear a costume, that'd have been ridiculous.
He spent a year plotting his revenge dude. Thing just happen to fall into place for him.
It's also no brainer that if Hydra had the Winter Soldier active at the same time Tony's parents died that he was if not directly, somehow involved.
Finally, it didn't matter if only Tony showed up, or every super hero together, the damage had been done. He said so himself when behind the glass...
>>
>>69037423
That's Zemo's thing, he's a rusemaster.
Plus in the MCU he got access to HYDRA's files.
>>
He was interest in it because it coincided with the date the crash happened.
I don't think he did. He would have showed it to Stark even if there were just a bunch of papers and nothing more. A better question would be, why there were cameras conveniently placed in the middle of nowhere?
His plan was built on contingencies. Maybe he had a backup plan in case of that.
Cap made sure Bucky was safe.
>him knowing that falcon would tell stark where steve went(was he in cahoots with falcon?)
Nope, he left evidence.
>him knowing tony would shop up alone(what happens if tony brings vision?)
Then in that case he will need the other soldiers.
>>
>>69038259
He's an AI-designed 3D-printed Vibranium android fused with an Infinity Stone. If it's not plain magic or insanely advanced anti-gravity tech, then it's related to his ability to change his body material density.
>>
lol @ caring about villain logistics and motives in a marvel movie

just enjoy the quips dccuck
>>
>>69037423
all capeshit villain plans can fall flat if you question them too much, the important thing is that he had a clear motive to do so (death family, revenge) and the plan wasnt a mess to follow
>>
>>69039708
That's not an excuse.
>>69039365
This. It was built on contingencies.
>>
bump because i'm curious as it doesn't really make much sense
>>
File: 1419114448847.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
1419114448847.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>69037423
>Just got back from watching Civil War, enjoyed it
>enjoyed it

Its basically 2 hours of fanservice and a really long trailer for the next stupid bullshit marvel movie
>>
>>69040707
We can say ESB was a long trailer for ROTJ.
>>
>>69040707
How very epic.
>>
>>69039365
>His plan was built on contingencies. Maybe he had a backup plan in case of that

his plan was based on getting the avengers to fight, how else would he have done it?

>Cap made sure Bucky was safe.

how does he know this?

>Nope, he left evidence.

even tony couldn't find out where he was till falcon told him

>Then in that case he will need the other soldiers.

would he have had time to activate them?

I still thought his motivation and character development where fine, especially compared to most villains these days
>>
Ah, Tonda <3
>>
capeshit cucks can't answer this
>>
>>69041002
>his plan was based on getting the avengers to fight, how else would he have done it?
Sending Tony the video or just shot himself.
>how does he know this?
He saw them. Also, everybody was searching James "Bucky" Barnes and he knows he is Cap's best friends, it's on the museum.
>would he have had time to activate them?
Yep
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.
>>
>>69043206
Nice pasta.
>>
>>69037423

>wanda blowing up the wakandans
Crossbones said he was paid to do this mission by Bucky. Zemo had Bucky prosthetics and was posing as him to do it . He told Rumlow to explode his suicide vest if beaten. Even if Wanda didn't minimalise the damage by lifting the contained explosion. There's still casualties that the Avengers failed to stop.

>the UN accords(does he work at the UN?)
He does. He was posing as their therapist remember? Plus the Accords were in the works since Sokovia. The events of this film didn't really do anything but justify the already existing plans.

>the 177 govs. calling for heroes to be curtailed(did he work at those govs?)
He had an in at the UN where he posed as a psychologist or something

He was researching Winter Soldier to frame him, knowing Cap would do anything to save his precious Bucky... AND widow leaked old SHIELD files, which gave mention to the deaths of Howard and Maria Stark - even if the cause wasn't given, I'm sure Zemo had enough to go on.

From the Winter Soldier Logbook

>him knowing he'd be the only psychologist in the room
That's pure luck I suppose

Bucky was a big reason for that.

He's captain America. A very public figure with museum exhibits and shit. Doesn't take a genius to figure out he'd stand by his one and only pre-freezing friend.
>him knowing captain america would catch bucky after he escaped
Wouldn't have mattered anyway.
>him knowing captain america wouldn't contact stark about the other brainwashed soldiers
Also wouldn't have made a difference. They were bait. To lure Stark and Cap there.
Irrelevant to his plan
>him knowing tony would shop up alone
The Avengers would still be fractured
>>
File: 1431660808748.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
1431660808748.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>69037423
Most of that shit has nothing to do with him and he doesn't need to set "in motion". Did you even watch the movie?

His goal is to splinter the avengers. He found out Bucky killed Tony's parents, so his plan is to use Bucky to splinter the avengers. He frames Bucky, so Bucky is brought to the forefront. That's about it OP.
>>
File: 1459038311268.jpg (120 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.jpg
120 KB, 1205x1285
>>69043206
>>
>>69038476
>Thank God he didn't wear a costume, that'd have been ridiculous.

That's actually pretty whack. If you're going to put Zemo in a movie, he damn well better be wearing a purple full face toboggan at some point.

Shit, man. I haven't seen CW yet but that's disappointing.
>>
>>69045115
I like to think that this is Zemo's origins.

Not his prime.

I assume he'll come back in some capacity and form the Masters of Evil. Perhaps using the mask as a means to conceal his identity after faking his death.

I hope.
>>
>>69038259
>Okai I'll explain it to you, only if you explain to me how vision can fly, I mean I enjoyed the movie but how? He doesn't have wings!

He has a cape retard.
>>
>>69044722
>>69045046
These two can't be correct
>>
>>69038476
>>69038833
Pretty much this. Hydra's files were leaked after Winter Soldier, he decrypted them and noticed some interesting stuff. He saw his opportunity to enact his plan and things went even better than he expected.

The biggest coincidence is Tony showing up at the facility. I'm not even sure if he actually planned for that. He could have gone there just to kill the sleeping soldiers and nothing else. But if he did intend for them to fight there, he should have been the one to inform Tony rather than Tony getting it from Sam.
>>
>>69045388
Afraid so.

He doesn't care about who lives or dies - he wants the avengers to turn on each other. For them to disband and never collectively enforce their power on anyone.

Because his wife and kids were killed in Sokovia when Ultron dropped a building on them. For which he blames the avengers.

Whether Captain America lives or dies is inconsequential - he will suffer as his friends turn on him and his ideals shatter.
>>
>>69047510
So Zemo won. Cap became the bad guy
>>
>>69047775
Exactly.

Which is why he was happy to make peace, delete his voicemail and end it.

He'd achieved his goals.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.