[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was in the wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Moses_Ramses_FaceOff.jpg (79 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
Moses_Ramses_FaceOff.jpg
79 KB, 1278x720
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>69035331
God
>>
Moses.

>Hey can you just go ahead and admit your way of life has been wrong all along
>What do you mean i'm being a cunt, just let my people go lol :)
>Oh, you won't? That's okay, enjoy genocide.
>>
Overall Moses was in the right up until the plagues. Especially the tenth plague. Even if the Pharaoh deserved to suffer for his actions, ruthlessly slaughtering countless children is disgusting.

Seti may have slaughtered the Hebrew firstborn, but Rameses didn't, and the rest of Egypt didn't.
>>
>>69035331
According to God, Ramses was. And your can't get more objective than that.
>>
>>69035523
>god hardened Ramses heart never even giving him a chance

Old Testament God was a prick
>>
SO YOU THINK YOU GOT FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES
>>
>>69035349
why is he always so wrong
>>
>>69035571
Free will can't exist in the first place if God is omnipotent and omniscient.
>>
>>69035655

Free will is meaningless in universe without purpose.
>>
>>69035655
If God is omnipotent he can make free will exist
>>
>>69035655
People always parrot this argument without understanding it, its not that free will can't exist if God is omnipotent its that its illegitimate to punish a creation when you knew what it would choose to do when you created it
>>
File: inanimate object.jpg (34 KB, 362x332) Image search: [Google]
inanimate object.jpg
34 KB, 362x332
#TeamRameses
>>
>>69035441
Those childrens' lives were in God's hands. If he wants to take them away it's up to him.
>>69035571
Hardening heart = silencing the voice of conscience.
>>69035655
Middle knowledge.
>>
>>69035758
If God is omnipotent AND omniscient, then he created everyone with absolute control over and knowledge of what would happen. He literally orchestrated anything everyone ever did and will ever do.
>>
>>69035441
Religion is never rational, neutral or reasonable.
>>
>>69035758
>It's not that free will can't exist, it's just that all of your thoughts and actions were chosen by someone else.
>>
>>69035870

If we live in a deterministic universe without purpose, then our actions are of no consequence.

If God were a tyrant or benovolent, at least your choice would have meaning.
>>
The Jews and their god, of course.
>>
>>69036023

The Jews as we know them today are not the Jews of Moses time.

They follow the Talmud and actively ignore God in favour of the counsel of men.
>>
>>69035928
Ah but thats the thing, its not that he chose them, its that he chose that you would choose them and that is an important distinction
>>
>>69035968
Why would God creating the Universe suddenly give it meaning, what gives God meaning or purpose?
>>
>>69035968
Our actions do have consequence. They mean something in this life and have impact on those we know and love. Hell a lot of the time we effect those we don't know. Purpose is what we make it. And the God of the old and new testament is a far cry from the silence of today. If God ever was a tyrant or benevolent, he sure isn't now.
>>
This movie is criminally underrated deliver us is goat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM
>>
>>69036142
God barely does anything in the Old or New testaments, he does like 10 miracles across a 3000 year period up to the life of Jesus, where Jesus spends 90% of his life working as a carpenter then does a ministry of miracles for 3 years then dies and rises. And Jesus is meant to be the final revelation so there was no need for any more intervention by God until the Judgement Day and the general resurrection.
>>
>>69036142
>Purpose is what we make it.

So you're saying its a subjective imaginary construct, got you
>>
>>69036142

> They mean something in this life and have impact on those we know and love

What gives life value? Men? We know how that turns out.

>Purpose is what we make it

Its not. Its what the powerful make it.
>>
>>69035610
Imagine your average out of touch politician, but on a cosmic scale.

Also religion then was as much about entertainment value as it was spiritual.
>>
>>69036142
>>69036551

Do you know yourself fully, do you feel complete?

Men are only made complete in God. Misery follows the man who becomes an end in himself.
>>
>>69036607
I'm pretty fucking satisfied with where I'm going in life. It's difficult but what worthy goal doesn't have struggles? I'm not shitting on people who do follow the word of God. I just don't believe in it. It's a matter of faith and I have none. Doesn't make me any less complete than you, and it doesn't make me any more.
>>69036392
Since we can't prove an objective reality technically everything can be a subjective imaginary construct.
>>69036419
Your outlook seems pretty bleak.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (262 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
262 KB, 800x800
>>69036920
>Your outlook seems pretty bleak.

And with this you just lost any credibility
>>
>>69037026
I didn't post an anime image. And I said it was bleak not wrong. I'll have to think about it a bit more before I can make a conclusion.
>>
>>69035571
I've heard that in the original tale, it was the gods of egypt that hardened Pharaoh's heart, but that later down the line the church decided to rewrite it as to denounce any idea that there were other deities with real power.

Take this all with a grain of salt, obviously.
>>
File: 1444737759053.jpg (47 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
1444737759053.jpg
47 KB, 650x427
>>69036920
>Since we can't prove an objective reality technically everything can be a subjective imaginary construct.

>everything is bullshit so my bullshit story that it means anything is suddenly legitimate

Nigga..
>>
>>69036392
>Purpose is a subjective imaginary construct
I see nothing wrong here. A lot of atheist speakers openly denounce the idea of 'purpose', and while admitting that it's a feature of the human condition that we're looking for it, factually state that such a thing is ridiculous and misguided.
>>
>>69037402
Thats the point, yet idiots like that poster carry this post-modern secular humanist nonsense that subjectively rendered purpose has any meaning outside the imaginary
>>
>>69037574
>Being this pretentious
Jesus fucking christ, go talk to real people every now and then.
>>
>>69037651
Why would I do that, real people are annoying retards, why don't you fuck off to reddit if you like them so much
>>
>>69035349
First post best post
>>
WE
>>
Ramases = the arrogance of man
Moses = the unrelenting force of god.

Basically if you try it defy God, your life and the lives of those around you will suffer.
>>
your purpose is to push giant blocks around now get to work.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>>69036920
>I'm pretty fucking satisfied with where I'm going in life.
GET OUT!
>>
>>69035571
Moses gave the fucker many chances before killing the kid. It's like the nignogs when they claim their gorilla dindu nuffin and he was shot with no reason and they show the tape and the dindu nuffin receives several warnings before being shot. Same thing.

Ramses is nothing but a pathetic nigger.
>>
>>69038125
God literally hardened pharoh's heart. He said fuck you guys, enjoy your nobabbies.
>>
>>69037350
Didn't say everything was bullshit. Just said it was possible. But you're so wise and mighty I suppose you have it all figured out huh?
>>
>>69037903
What if the will of god is for man to suffer, does that mean I'll paradoxically win the lottery this week?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.