[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Anyone here seen this? I watched it yesterday and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, blew my mind. Is this the only time-travel movie that's executed the exhausted trope right? It's like Memento but the confusion is actually justified by the inherent complexity of time travel.
>>
If not bait; primer is a psuedointellectual fedora-tippin cringefest. The "realistic" dialogue is so boring it ends my suspension of disbelief because i cant imagine people that boring to exist.
>>
primer is a cool movie to watch a few times, be like what the fuck, then read a pdf on the significance of every scene
it deserves points for taking its time travel to a much farther logical conclusion than most other films
>>
>>69030413
I hate this movie so fucking much

it looks like dog shit and the "dialogue" is like reading a fucking schematic

shane carruth is a fucking HACK
>>
I have a hard time accepting that respectable STEM white men that wear ties would watch cuckhoop
>>
POOR
MANS
DOROHEDORO
>>
File: dorohedoro-2012139.jpg (299 KB, 1200x874) Image search: [Google]
dorohedoro-2012139.jpg
299 KB, 1200x874
>>69034444
quads always speak the truth
>>
>>69034417
>>69032286
>i don't understand dialogue so it's bad
I bet you watch foreign films with subtitles
>>
>they time travel back and suddenly their phones ring
>then they start discussing how the cell phones work in case of there are duplicates phones
loved the movie
>>
>>69034417
>>69032286

>plebs hate the dialogue

"Primer is of note for its extremely low budget (completed for $7,000), experimental plot structure, philosophical implications, and complex technical dialogue, which Carruth, a college graduate with a degree in mathematics and a former engineer, chose not to simplify for the sake of the audience."

Oh that makes sense.
>>
>>69034444
>>69034507

Anime is objectively less valuable in terms of artistic merit so this can't be true.
>>
>>69036645
Anime is a mistake
>>
>>69035883
how else are you supposed to understand a foreign film you fuck?
>>
>>69038961

learn the fuck language pleb
>>
>>69030413
It's fucking great.

It's cool for people interested in theoretical time-travel and it's implications, but for plebs it's a little over an hour of "What? What's going on?"

Based Shane can't do no wrong.
>>
>>69039030
>learning a language just for a film
sorry I'm not a manchild with all the time in the world like you.
>>
>>69030413
I liked it. Every time I watch it or think about it, it always begs new questions. People who call it a fedora tipping hipster film are too young to realize how unique it was for 2004.
>>
i liked Coherence more
>>
SHANE CARRUTH IS GOD
>>
>>69030413
Waay too dumb for this movie. It's cool AS an experiment that gained cult status but i wouldnt exactly call it good.
>>
Primer only has techy dialogue in, like, the first quarter of the movie when they're designing the thing. The rest of it is them talking about events that are happening, not the technology. Even if you don't understand a word of the stuff in the beginning, it has no bearing on your ability to understand the plot of the movie.

Also, are there any other movies like this where you can only figure out how the scenes fit together by putting the pieces together afterward? I mean, this movie gives you almost zero in-movie clues about the particular timeline you're witnessing at any given moment.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.