[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching Mummy Returns. Pretty good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: mumstheword.jpg (51 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
mumstheword.jpg
51 KB, 736x490
Watching Mummy Returns. Pretty good.
>>
Cool job, man. Always makes me wonder how the amulet actually kills you. Also why did it eat that one guy's arm, but not the kid's?
>>
>sequel
>the guy and the girl from the first movie have an annoying "comedy relief" kid now
>>
I remember one time I was with friends and we were talking about The Mummy and I happened to mention that I prefer The Mummy Returns and I got crucified
Is that really a controversial opinion
Help me out here guys
>>
>>69030107
You're talking about the part where the guy uses the bracelet to open some locking mechanism? Yeah, I think it was because he opened a locking mechanism.
>>
File: anck su namun.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
anck su namun.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>69030051
>>
>>69030173
First one is definitely better. It's more concise; it has more memorable scenes.

Returns is fun, but most people downgrade it immediately because it's a sequel.
>>
Would mummy guy from 1 and 2 be able to kick china guy's ass in 3?

Who is the stronger mummy?
>>
>>69030420
Imhotep was literally desert power.
Jet Li was literally a shape-shifting dragon.
>>
>>69030420
mummy guy from 1+2 could control sand and use his mind to become the nile

i think he wins
>>
>>69030240
tfw most of that was bodypaint
>>
>>69030585
The source of many boners at age 9.
>>
second one is alright. nowhere near as good as the first one, bloated with too many things going on, too much shitty CGI. But it's lots of fun, and back in the day when mummy hype was going strong, it was the greatest thing ever. too bad they fucked up the third one and JUSTed the whole franchise before it could ever really take off
>>
Imhotep is pretty cool
>>
The only good thing about The Mummy Returns is that Oded Fehr gets more screen time. Everything else about it is worse.

-stupid kid
-way more wacky hijinks and quips in the middle of people trying to kill each other
-Scorpion King is obviously the worst CGI ever, but the pygmies aren't far behind
-eccentric pilot appears to save them again
-need to make Rachel Weisz be the damsel in distress again, so they invent some weird reincarnation thing so she knows how to fight with sais

The Mummy was the perfect balance of action, cheesiness and supernatural. The sequel fucked it all up.
>>
>>69030585
>bodypaint that was easily smeared so you know if anyone tried to touch her

The pharaoh thought of anything.
>>
File: emo_tep_by_tigersheart.jpg (146 KB, 624x417) Image search: [Google]
emo_tep_by_tigersheart.jpg
146 KB, 624x417
>emo-tep
>emo-tep
>emo-tep
>>
File: Izzy.jpg (60 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Izzy.jpg
60 KB, 852x480
>IT'S A DIRIGIBLE
>>
I remember loving it and back in the day Brandm Frasier was my favourite actor

What went wrong?
>>
File: 1461922464757.jpg (120 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1461922464757.jpg
120 KB, 501x585
>>69031320
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.