[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Kim a good friend, or a bad friend for sticking by Jimmy to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
Is Kim a good friend, or a bad friend for sticking by Jimmy to the extent that she is?
>>
>she
>>
File: good_man.jpg (120 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
good_man.jpg
120 KB, 500x480
Walt, did I ever tell you about Kim? We once bought an old dentist's office together after my brother, who is allergic to electricity, fucked her over in her job at the biggest law firm in the city. She was a good friend.
>>
>>69028230

>husky voiced women are trans

Does that go for Scarlett Johansson too?
>>
>>69028215
are we still talking about this borefest?

back to my comic thread
>>
How long til Jimmy get's Kim disbarred?
>>
>>69028390
this is a new reddit meme like when jessie pinkman killed his dog
>>
>>69028431

Holy shit. You just made me realize that's what's probably going to happen to separate the two. He's going to accidentally get her disbarred because of one of his schemes, and she's never going to want to speak to him again.
>>
>>69028372
thanks for this
>>
>>69028372

>chuck fucked her over
>not jimmy by screwing her over with his commercial

Jimmy fags are the worst.
>>
she is in love with him and makes bad decisions because of that, she'd be better off by herself
slippin jimmy isn't a good friend for her
>>
>>69030123

The repercussions that Kim saw from the commercial don't fall on Jimmy. That was one hundred percent Howard being a vindictive ass.
>>
>>69028372
Perfect
>>
>>69028215
She looks good for being in her mid 50s
>>
>>69030202

Howard was under the impression Kim was 100% aware. She could have saved herself easily.

She keeps protecting Jimmy and it'll cost her everything.
>>
>>69030284

But, she still didn't do anything wrong that pertained to HHM. Punishing her for what happened in a totally different law firm that didn't endanger anyone at HHM was a total dick move, especially because he knew that the whole escapade reflected more poorly on him than it did on her.
>>
>>69030166

i'm thinking she'll end up disbarred or outright killed. something major to get her out of jimmy's life forever that makes him say "fuck it" and fully embrace "the dark side"

just think: if jimmy got the love and support he wanted deep down from the beginning we'd never have the saul goodman that we know and love. this series (BCS) has gone out of its way to show that jimmy IDEALLY wanted to do everything right for the love and acceptance he needed from his brother/bae, but instead he felt like he had to take on a job he didn't want (davis & main) and then chuck had to get vindictive (kim's "demotion") which set up all the hijinks that ensued in S2, ultimately leading for kim to go out on a limb and bet on herself (as opposed to job/career security @ HHM) and maybe there's a third choice where she goes on to be successful/legit but ultimately has to disown jimmy as a friend/lover and thus he has nothing to lose and embraces "the dark side" and becomes the saul goodman that we know and love

>>69030235

and a kek to (You) my friend.
>>
I thought she would leave when she found out Jimmy forged the documents
>>
>>69030356

comeon anon, it was just a setup to display a means for chuck to be able to get to jimmy (fucking with his BFF kim) --- and now that chain of events led her to go out on her own and you know that chuck is always going to set phasers to kim when it's time to get revenge on jimmy (what do you think he's going to use the tape for? he'll hold it over jimmy's head that unless jimmy does [whatever] he'll put the tape out there and likely ruin jimmy's name / kim's career, and this will ultimately result in some BS where the tape gets out, kim is ruined [by association?] and to circumvent the damage that the james mcgill, seq. name will take he rebrands himself as saul goodman?

that's my guess anyways. kim is just an arbitrary 3rd party used by BCS to show that deep down beneath whatever "CRIMINAL LAWYER, man...." exterior we know is coming he really truly honest to god meant well, but then his evil older brother (who likely went mental when his wife left him for/cuz ???) was inherently jealous of jimmy's street-smarts/people-skills and thus when he tried to do it right and get into law to get the approval of the man that he loves, he met kim in the mailroom and they fell in love and thus jimmy became as vulnerable as lucifer from "lucifer" is when he's around chloe decker.
>>
Season 3 of BrBa "Saul" says

>my second wife slept with my step-dad

What did he mean by this? Has anyone gone back and watched BrBa after watching all of BCS? Saul seems too different from Jimmy, felt like totally different shows. Hope season 3 isnt garbage
>>
>>69030356

IF she knew about the tape, she would be in dutch about it knowing the firm's rep is on the line. I believe she even asked Jimmy what the partners thought and he was mum about it.

Law is all about reputation and what Jimmy did could have damaged both HHM and D&H. That's the way the world works. It may not be fair, but everyone knows it.

The whole point was her continuing to stick her neck out for Jimmy and how everyone else suffers for his actions.
>>
>>69030908

>what do you think he's going to use the tape for? he'll hold it over jimmy's head that unless jimmy does [whatever] he'll put the tape out there and likely ruin jimmy's name / kim's career

Chuck won't do that. Jimmy already offered a quid quo pro, and Chuck refused because that could be inferred to be blackmail. I think Chuck's going straight to the authorities with the tape. And he'll gleefully let Kim go down with Jimmy, because she was aiding and abetting him.
>>
>>69028215

maybe mike kills her as his first "no hesitation thrill kill" because her continued presence in jimmy's life is keeping him on the straight and narrow, especially when mike is going to need SAUL GOODMAN once he starts doing dirty work for gus/nacho (as i'd guess that mike fucking up tio/hector salamanca is what gets him on gus' radar, and then whatever he does to tio sets up the meth distro issues which leads to "the chicken guy" rising up to get a solid chunk of salamanca/cartel business/territory, and thus nacho ends up defecting (while tuco is still in jail or maybe when he first gets out) and somewhere along that nacho/gus line he gets in trouble and they need jimmy to do shady shit to get him out but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO cuz >MUH KIM and thus she's seen as a problem, and gus OKs a hit on her delivered to nacho, who then tells mike if he's going to want to $ecure a lucrative future for his grand-daughter he's gonna have to make $ure they're lawyered up and therefore no con$cience for jimmy and thu$ bye bye kim aka skylar v2.0!!!! and there she goe$

regardless, you KNOW it's gonna be something melo/dramatic where it ends up that jimmy COULD have had the life with her if he JUST... stayed at davis & main, but of course that kettelman $$$ got him thinking and he wants action/excitement and his tragic character flaw is that he wants his bae to be in on the action/excitement as opposed to simply letting things work out with solid jobs in a corporate environment.

mike having to kill her to bring about THE CRIMINAL LAWYER, MAN.... would be the coolest way to go, but it will just likely be her getting disbarred or something else equally "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR STICKING WITH JIMMY...." -- most likely brought about by a vengeful chuck (who now considers it to be "personal" cuz of the copy shop hijinks)
>>
>>69031365
>I think Chuck's going straight to the authorities with the tape

nah that won't happen simply because it'd take less than an episode for that to happen, and you know whatever kind of blackmail/extortion/threats arise from the tape will be milked for AT LEAST half of a season, if not the full season (as i can see the authorities opening up a manila envelope like "hmmm what is this?" right as the season ends with jimmy and kim in hawaii celebrating something like "we made it!" and chuck "accidentally" gives the tape to the authorities after jimmy jumped through whatever hoops all season long to do what chuck wanted

>TLDR = they won't simply let this tape be a single episode of turn-in/consequences, they'll need to milk it as a looming threat for at least 1/2 of a season while the b-show/story has mike slowly harden up into an out-n-out killer to end up working for gus (the guy who put the note on the car out in the desert)
>>
>>69031695

But that would mean another season, or even another handful of episodes of 'ricin cigarette.'
>>
Do we really have to wait another year? This shit was so uneventful they should be able to shoot season 3 within a few months tops
>>
>>69031790
I agree. Get it over with before Mike dies.
>>
>>69031788

of course dude. we know where this all ends up (saul goodman in his strip mall driving a cadillac in BrBa) but if they wanna keep the show/franchise/universe going they gotta milk this thing for as long as they can, so having this tape end up being another "ricin cigarette" / macguffin = par for the course.

obviously we don't know the technicalities of what happens to kim and chuck, but given of what we know about saul goodman from BrBa it's fair to say that one way or another both of those characters wont be around (be it death or disownment)

it'd be interesting if chuck/kim survives and at some point we flash forward to post-BrBa stuff to see a new situation arise where jimmy might need help from them in the here-and-now, but of course [whatever happened to tear them apart] looms and we go back to find out about what exactly burned the bridges.

i can see chuck somehow surviving and after [whatever runs kim off / out of jimmy's life] we find out that chuck won't let him use the mcgill name. therefore in the future "saul goodman" is a wanted man (or at least proactive about wanting to stay away from any blowback from the end of BrBa.... </jaxposting>) and uhhh... idk. i guess we'll see cuz if anything BCS is a master-class in making you care about 1-bit supporting characters from BrBa.
>>
>>69032017

What I mean is, I think BrBa got the most flack for the Chekhov's cigarette than anything else. It was a dangling plot thread for two whole seasons, after all. Or, if you want to go back to when it was shown that Walt knows how to prepare ricin, it's a plot thread that dangled for FOUR seasons.

BCS goes straight to consequences, though. It doesn't hang around and tease. Something happens, and BAM, there's the direct consequence to it.
>>
>>69031695

I don't think Chuck wants Jimmy in jail. I think he wants to destroy his reputation. I'd be very surprised if he goes to the cops if only because he knows the case would be tenuous even with the tape.
>>
>>69032720

There's no reason for him to have done what he did if he didn't want Jimmy to go to jail. If he tries to use it as leverage, it's legally considered extortion, something that he's already refused to engage in.

Remember the bit in the episode where Kim got sent to the corn field? "If you tell Howard to let Kim out of the corn field, I'll quit the law forever."

"So, you want me to commit extortion?"
>>
>>69033010

He doesn't want anything from Jimmy. He wants people to quit putting him on a pedestal.

I don't think he'll do anything illegal with it, either. Like I said, though, Chuck being a good lawyer would know he'll need more than the tape considering his condition.

My guess is the tape will be the impetus for Jimmy to do something major and result in Chuck dying/being committed and driving Kim away.
>>
What are the chances we'll even see the ending? The ratings are pretty poor, right? Might not get season 4 if 3 does badly.
>>
>>69033328
Netflix will pick it up
>>
>>69033328

>ratings are pretty poor

It's up there with S1-S4 of BrBa. It's doing fine.

People act like Breaking Bad was a ratings juggernaut, but that was only 5b.
>>
>>69033232

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally not excusing what either of them are doing in general, or to each other, but you're running contrary to what's been stated in the narrative. Chuck absolutely does not want Jimmy to be practicing law. He didn't mind when he was just taking public defender work or writing wills, because what damage could he do? Now that he's actually building a career, though?

Chuck absolutely wants Jimmy to be permanently barred from practicing the law, he just needs the means to do it legally. He now has those means.
>>
>>69033451

I don't disagree he wants him out of the law, especially after the tampering incident. I don't think he wants him in jail, though.

Chuck wants Jimmy exposed and he wants to restore his reputation. Obviously we'll have to watch to find out, but I can't see him going to the cops with it without at least getting something to back it up, like getting Ernesto to flip.
>>
>>69033666

True. I think Chuck's going to struggle with it, because this WILL land Jimmy in jail if it goes to court (Jimmy could say, "I only said all of that to make Chuck feel better." But then Chuck will wheel out the dipshit clerk from the copy store who couldn't lie to save his life, and Jimmy's fucked) and I think that's where the tension is going to come from. Obviously, we know Jimmy isn't going to be disbarred, but...how is he going to get his neck out of this noose?
>>
>>69033893

Getting out of it is what is going to destroy Jimmy's little life. The clerk or Ernesto is probably going to wind up dead.
>>
>>69034511

Dude, this isn't Breaking Bad. I don't think either the clerk or Ernesto is in any actual danger.
>>
>>69034581

Someone absolutely dies, man. No other way to have Jimmy transition from being against murder to advocating it in BrBa.
>>
>>69034581
It's inching closer and closer to Breaking Bad though. Eventually it will be the same time period
>>
>>69034824
>>69034841

I don't think even Saul would be untroubled with the idea of killing someone to save his own neck, especially someone who only serves to hurt him because he put them in that situation.

>but he suggested sending Jesse and Hank to Belize

Yes, but did he actually advocate it, or was he just spitballing? Would he have actually done it if he needed to? After all, the entire situation in season 5 would've been solved if Jesse was killed while in Hank's custody.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think either Jimmy or Saul is anything remotely angelic. I just don't think he actually could hurt anyone even if he absolutely needed to.
>>
>>69034970

He was pretty blase about killing Badger in S2. Compared to S1 and even S2 of BCS.
>>
Will anybody care about this show in 2017? The year long gaps between seasons, which are short to begin with , is ridiculous.
>>
>>69035365

Of course they will. People care about Venture Bros. and the gap between their seasons is much bigger.
>>
File: Rhea-Seehorn-Feet-1741789.jpg (2 MB, 2850x4155) Image search: [Google]
Rhea-Seehorn-Feet-1741789.jpg
2 MB, 2850x4155
Kim is mommy tier
>>
>>69035365
>The year long gaps between seasons
Wow, it's a TV show ?!?!
>>
>>69035612

It's a 10 ep season. 2.5 months, then 12 months off.

Versus a regular 22 ep season that goes off in May and returns in Sept/Oct. That said, there's no repeats, either.

DESU, though, I don't care for how long it takes Gilligan and Co. to make it. It's not that intricate of a plotline.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.