[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, tell me /tv/, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: share.jpg (26 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
26 KB, 600x315
Now that the dust has settled, tell me /tv/, what went wrong?
>>
>>69027110
nothing

it's kino
>>
>>69027110

>WB got too much time
>WB execs interfered during the editting process
>pacing all fucked up and all over the place

I don't give a shit what /tv/ babbys are saying, I'll wait for the ultimate cut to see whether the movie is a 9-10/10 or the 7/10 I saw in the theater. if the ultimate cut turns out to be worse, I will shit in front of WB's headquarters
>>
File: 27% sad.jpg (62 KB, 491x719) Image search: [Google]
27% sad.jpg
62 KB, 491x719
>>
Casting an Israeli Jew as Wonder Woman and having Ben "Islam is a religion of peace" Affleck as Batman in a movie where Superman is Jesus

The tensions on set were too high
>>
>>69027110
/tv/ loves BvS because it hurts the capeshit genre
>>
>>69027110
everything besides batman, alfred, and wonder woman

movie is a mess
>>
>>69027236

>implying ratings matter
>implying I enjoyed avengers 1 because of its good rating
>implying I didn't almost throw up while watching the force awakens

jesus, people nowadays need other people to tell them what to like instead of making their own mind about something

hell, someone who actually explains to me in a reasonable way why he or she liked age of quipshit I can respect more than some retard who spouts the same shit other people told him about an actual good movie.
>>
It's still in theaters, so the dust is nowhere near settled
>>
>>69027110
Didn't know what it wanted to be
>>
File: 1462038657270.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462038657270.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>69027280
>BvS
>capeshit

Do you call The Dark Knight capeshit too, redditboy?
>>
>>69027110
the audience
>>
>>69027134
/thread
>>
>no establishing shots
>JLA cameos should've been a post credits scene
>Martha scene should've been more about the fact that Superman has a mother rather than her name is Martha
>the audience was denied essential information like Lex's awareness of both heroes' identities before the film even starts

Aside from all that, it was pretty good. If I was a conglomerate of reviews being aggregated into a percentage of quality, I'd give it a 75%.
>>
File: 1461107889493[1].jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
1461107889493[1].jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>>68926032
>>68926142
>>68926193
>>68926240
>>68926294
>>68926340
>>68926395
>>68926431
>>68926481

>>68992181
>>68992242
>>68992561
>>68992661

>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
>>69027388

>implying you're not triggered

You could have just ignored it but you pooped your pampers and brought up a bunch of shit no one asked you about or cares about.

>muh avengers, muh TFA

is that the extent of your rebuttal? Fucking toddler
>>
>>69027134
you have down syndrome, dont you?
>>
>>69027638

not the guy but he is probably talking about comicbook movies in general

I gotta say, there is at least some truth to his argument

BvS is more serious in tone and generally more epic in its storytelling elements. It takes the comicbook adaption genre to other areas whereas other movies, and I'm not saying that I don't like other adaptions, are pretty much the same stuff all over again

of all the other franchises, I'd say x-men is the only franchise that has been consistent with its overall serious storytelling without relying solely on quips to attract viewers
>>
>>69027692

>no establishing shots

what exactly do you mean?

>JLA cameos should've been a post credits scene

fuck post credits scenes. that shit is getting more and more retarded with each marvel movie. I'd say mid-credits is the way to go if you really need to use the cameos

>Martha scene should've been more about the fact that Superman has a mother rather than her name is Martha

I agree with you on this one. there is no need for superman to say her name

>the audience was denied essential information like Lex's awareness of both heroes' identities before the film even starts

but that was the point. it was supposed to be vague till it was outright confirmed later on in the movie
>>
>>69027712

I was just taking the most prominent examples. I don't suppose people on /tv/ would know anything about actual movies
>>
>>69027758
Capeshit are the Marvel movies. Nolan trilogy, Man of Steel, BvS and Watchmen are Caperealism.

Marvel can do caperealism too, like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. The same way DC can make capeshit like The Flash show and Legends of tomorrow
>>
>>69027638
>grimdark
>not capeshit
pick one
>>
>>69027871
But they never explain HOW Lex knows their identities

You can't just say "oh this guy knows the secret identities of the two biggest heroes on earth for no reason"
>>
>>69027871
>what exactly do you mean?
This is where Snyder tends to actually hurt the film with his directing. He denies the audience full view of a new location in most instances. We don't actually know what the Batcave looks like. We know what parts of it look like. When they go to the desert at the beginning, we're always close. Close-ups of people rather than establishing the scene. Same for the Indian Ocean scene. We see kryptonite in the water and part of what looks like a beach. The only establishing shots I can remember are Metropolis during the world engine scene and during Batman's dream and/or premonition.

>I'd say mid-credits is the way to go
Absolutely agree. The point is, that scene should NOT have been placed in the middle of this movie.

>but that was the point. it was supposed to be vague till it was outright confirmed later on in the movie
Was it? I'm not sure. Between the lack of information and the ambiguous dreams and/or visions, the movie was unnecessarily hard to follow at times.
>>
>>69028090

>But they never explain HOW Lex knows their identities

I think you're right. pretty awkward. but now that I think about it, maybe they will explain it in the ultimate cut just like how the communion scene is missing from the theatrical cut (which was retarded as fuck)
>>
>>69027110
Warner Bros.
Snyder
Goyer
>>
>>69028143
Good goy. Don't worry, us Disney fellows will take care of Superman the way the masses want him - quips, action, and welcominging all men of color to have their way with Loi - I mean, yes yes, good goy.
>>
>>69027110
Wonder Woman's physique
>>
>>69027871
"No establishing shots"
>what do you mean?

These are the people that like "kino"
>>
>>69028122

>He denies the audience full view of a new location in most instances

oh right. I suppose that would've definitely added some kind of scope to the movie. I don't think the batcave needed that but the desert scene could've used it. would've definitely been a pro in regard to the pacing which felt really fast

>that scene should NOT have been placed in the middle of this movie.

I think if the pacing of the scene had been fine, it would've fit perfectly. it just came out of nowhere and the music added too much energy into the scene

>the movie was unnecessarily hard to follow at times

I completely agree. during the first half I couldn't help but wonder why there were so many unnecessary jumps inbetween scenes. of course it kind of made sense when everything came together during the court scene but it just felt really really odd
>>
The soundtrack was the only good thing about this movie
>>
>>69028244

for a moment I was thinking that he was talking about establishing the characters. fuck you
>>
People are too set on what a cape movie should be to appreciate something that tries to be meaningful to some degree.

Of course the movie has it's flaws (a ton), and Snyder shouldn't ever have any power over a movie outside of action scenes, but it doesn't deserve that score. At all. Not compared to some other movies. I can't conceive that a majority of people recommended Thor 2 but dissed this. I just can't.
>>
>>69028244
And you are the """"people""""" that wait for RLM to give you your opinion so you can spam it on a Taiwanese tea kettle board
>>
>>69028271
And really, most of this actually DOES come down on Snyder himself. If they just get rid of him, I'm sure the DCEU can survive. I mean he can consult and make sure better directors keep in line with the tone he's established but as far as literally directing, it shouldn't be him.
>>
>>69027705
That image always reminds me of the guy who went the whole nine yards to proof that the finale of the Soprano undoubtedly ends with Tony being shot right then and there. And then David Chase had an interview, where he said that he thought it to be childish to have the main character killed in the end, and that Tony did not die there.

BvS is like that interview. Now we know Snyder is a hack, and of course anybody can go the full distance and draw the wildest parallels between high art and his flicks. But ultimately, we know how it really is. Martha!!
>>
>>69028307
Awe, did someone hurt your fee fees?
>>
>>69028357
Who's RLM?
>>
File: scarjo.png (814 KB, 511x779) Image search: [Google]
scarjo.png
814 KB, 511x779
>>69028448
>>
>>69028341

/thread
>>
>>69027110
nothing went wrong, it came in and blew Marvel the fuck out.
>>
>>69027110
Ending was rushed
If someone thinks it's worse than the average capeshit feel free to ignore their opinion on everything else they have to say concerning movies
>>
>>69028442
The thing is that these aren't "wild parallels", everything is strongly supported by the films themselves.
>>
>>69028341
The problem is the movie is too good. By the time everything happens no one remember the first 10 minutes of absolute kino that cannot be replicated by any working director today.

People get bent out of shape because it's presented in an operatic fashion. Heavy, hard hitting emotional climaxes, plot conveniently working within itself... Plebs and numales aren't capable of understanding the movie because it's "not muh comics"
>>
>>69028090
>Next category: Circles. Round and round and round they go to find Superman. Wrong category, boy. No, no, triangles. Yes, Euclidean triangle inequality. The shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight path. And I believe the swiftest path to Superman... is a pretty little road. Mmm, called Lois Lane.

This should explain the Superman part.
>>
>>69029439
Is that really a line from the movie?
>>
>>69029588
Yes, this is a last thing Lex said to Lois before pushing her off helipad.
>>
They went too tryhard 2deep4u grimdark with it.

Wonder Woman was the only character that made me realize it was a superhero movie. Must have gotten a Marvel writer for that part.
>>
>>69029439
>Plain Lo' in the morning, Lola in slacks: Lois Lane.

Lex had so many memorable lines.
>>
File: 1461975742761[1].jpg (87 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1461975742761[1].jpg
87 KB, 700x700
>>69029439
In the Communion deleted scene the sniper sights form three circles.
>>
Audiences were simply too caught up with what this movie CAN do.

No one has taken the time to ask what it SHOULD do.
>>
>>69029806

Why are you saying that like it's a bad thing? Do you honestly prefer watching the same tripe garbage over and over again? Do you need movies to conform to your views regarding genre? Why can't movies break the mold?

For the record, this movie was not great, but I'm sick of people posting dumb shit like "it wasn't fun" or "it wasn't like every other superhero movie that comes out these days, which makes it bad". You niggas are the useful idiots that studios rely on to make profits, at the expense of art and true cinema. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>69027134
FPBP
>>
>>69027134
Kino is for plebs. This is superkino.

>>69027110
"I didnt understand some parts, thats makes the movie bad". No, it only talks about your capacity for understanding simple plots.

I guess I disliked WW. Nothing else. Pacing was non standard but completely easy to follow.
>>
>>69027638
Yes. The fact that you don't is indicative of your newfaggotry
>>
>>69028219
Don't you like Superman with his wife son, like Superman Returns goy
>>
>>69029806
kek, because it was the only underdeveloped one with some comedy hamfisted on it who served just as a display of powers for the next movie. Literally Marvel formula, I agree.

Spider-man suffers the same exact issue in cw
>>
Just finished watching it. No words....its an absolute mess. F4 had complete re-writes throughout shooting and it still made more sense than this shit.
>>
>>69028090

He is someone who has access to unlimited resources and is supposed to be the smartest man on the planet. All he needed to do was install cameras around cities or hack already existing infrastructure, which is how he found out about the rest of the JL before they even revealed themselves in public. Not to mention that Bruce totally exposed himself at Lex's party and that Lex acquired all of Zod's knowledge in the ship, giving him all the Superman info one could possibly need. They didn't spend time making this overly obvious, but its easy to put together if you just think for 5 minutes.

The better question is how does any superhero, in any movie, keep his identity secret when people like Lux Luthor exist?
>>
>>69030871
Speaking of Communion scene.
>>
>>69029283
If you had good taste in films you wouldn't be watching a man pretending to be a bat fight an alien in spandex
>>
>>69029167
a movie that tries really hard to be smart is still not necessarily high art.

Sucker Punch has a really demanding structure. It goes nowhere. Because it's a shit movie.
>>
>>69031441
>superhero, in any movie, keep his identity secret when people like Lux Luthor exist?

I think this was KIND OF touched on in the Dark Knight.

When Batman asks the Joker why he wants to kill him, and the Joker says "kill you? no. what would I do without you?"

I think it's sort of the same thing between all heroes and villains. They both fuel each others purpose in life. Why hit the easy mode button and say "guise hes bruce wayne".

Sort of like how Bane knew who Bruce was but didn't expose him either.
>>
>>69031512
>muh spandex
>I'm so much more refined
>gonna go watch some Kaufman while I analyze the symbolism in Synecdoche, pleb
>toodles
>>
>>69031443
Thanks, saved for future use.
>>
>>69027871
>There was no need for Superman to say her name

Why do people have such trouble with this one? Since time was running out, he obviously says "save Martha" so Batman would know who she was so he save her after killing Superman with the spear. Just saying "mom" would've been totally retarded in this context since Batman wouldn't know who the fuck mom was.
>>
File: thumbs-up[1].jpg (82 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up[1].jpg
82 KB, 630x420
>>69031530
How insightful.
>>
>>69027910
Oh the irony
>>
File: IMG_4088.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4088.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69027110
Almost everything.
>The script was garbage.
>The editing was mind-bogglingly bad.
>The comic characters were needlessly sabotaged by a belligerent dipshit.
>Tryhard renaissance religious iconography in a comic book movie.
>Villain scheme that makes no logical sense.
>Stupid, loud, dumb Doomsday monster.
>Feels like 4 different movies haphazardly spliced together.
>Dogshit first act. Meaningless second act. Retarded third act.
>Everything that should be concrete is ambiguous. Everything that should be ambiguous is offensively spelled out.
>Flash tease that ruined the point of the Knightmare in the narrative.
>Wonder Woman awkwardly turned into a protagonist character in the third act.
>Lois Lane awkwardly turned into a protagonist character in the entire movie.
>Cartoonishly disparate narrative exposition.
multiple storylines and sequences that don't advance the narrative at all or force redundant plot points:
>Wonder woman steals bug, can't hack it, gives it back to bruce, he hacks it, sends her the stuff.
>Lois Lane spends 4 FUCKING SCENES investigating the African bullet to discover what the audience already knows, has zero effect on the outcome of the story.
>Batman attacks the convoy to steal the Kryptonite, Superman belligerently stops him apparently without realizing what he was doing. Entire sequence can be deleted without losing anything narratively, there are no consequences from it and he just goes and steals it later.
>Captain contingency plan Batman leaves without Kryptonite spear. Lois Lane throws the spear in the inexplicable industrial building lake. Inexplicably knows to go back and get it. Almost drowns trying to get it. Saved by Superman, who almost drowns trying to get it. inb4 MUH BAPTISM. inb4 MUH LADY OF THE LAKE. Doesn't make the retarded execution good because it was retardedly executed to make needless allusions.
>>
>>69031665
And Batman was supposed to know who Martha was?

He thought Superman was talking about his own mother, if Superman had said any other name except "Martha" he would have gotten a spear in his heart
>>
>>69031612
If you're going to throw around the word kino, call people plebs for not liking BvS, and claim it has masterful multi layered symbolism and is too good for the general audience, you can't really ridicule anyone else for claiming to have "refined" taste
>>
File: 1461178916799[2].jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1461178916799[2].jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>69031898
TL;DR

your pasta bait is shit
>>
>>69027388
>implying the ratings matter
>implying the public matters
>implying the world matters
You fags are so desperate that they could announce that they are going to reboot the whole thing and still say that everything is fine.

>b-b-bbut muh mahvel muh quips...
>>
File: IMG_4085.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4085.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69032125
not pasta. Those are the things that immediately came to mind, having studied the movie for the past few weeks.

But yeah, cognitive dissonance IS hard huh.
>>
i want to fucking kill jesse eiesncunt.
>>
Reaching a bit, but.

>Close up of Superman with a boot to throat "You're letting him kill Martha-"
>Change to Batman "-K-f, Kff-"
>Change to Superman "-ent"

It's so easy to miss, which I'll consider to be the intent, "-ent" ends with a grunt, it's barely audible. Second time Batman goes into flashback mode.
>>
>>69032699
whoa, I hear it too now
that's really interesting
>>
>>69027110
>Now that the dust has settled, tell me /tv/, what went wrong?

>Zack Snyder
>Deborah Snyder
>Awful cast
>Wrong vision about Super Hero movies
>>
>>69027110
Too complex for plebs. Plebs got mad.
>>
>>69034226
Too stupid for patricians. Plebs started projecting.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.