[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (1 MB, 1672x1211) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1672x1211
Apologize.
>>
>>69020220
That was such a shocking thing.
>>
I got to see that on the big screen in a film history class. Was pretty cool
>>
>>69020220
NEVER

FOR GREAT SCIENCE!
>>
>>69020220
Topsy is my favorite Bob's Burgers episode
>>
Science requires sacrifice
>>
>>69020220
where is this from?
>>
>>69020220
We have computers and the internet thanks to the discoveries from that experiment, so I think sacrificing an elephant was worth it.
>>
>>69020895
edisonkino
>>
it's too late to apologize! it's too late!
>>
>>69020724
This wasn't science, it was propaganda.
>>
BRAVO EDISON
>>
Ringling Bros. did nothing wrong
>>
>elephant kills and maims humans
>put it down
>somehow bad
It's not like they killed a random elephant for fun, it had to be dealt with regardless of what method they used
>>
>>69020220
Oops, I spilled alll this sports drink. Can you turn up the lights Barry?
>>
This is the reason I hate everyone on the internet

Edison was an alpha who fucked bitched and made money, invented a few things, but more importantly funded, and popularized a lot of very important inventions.

Tesla on the other hand was a beta virgin faggot, who wanted to fuck a pigeon, and never actually invented anything of note. But reddit-tier fags latch onto him because he built autism machines that made pretty sparks..
>>
>>69020927
What "experiment"? The killing of Topsy had nothing to do with science, or propaganda; it was simply the putting down of an animal that had been involved in numerous incidents, including at least one death, by means of simultaneous poisoning, strangulation and electrocution. Although the spectacle was recorded by an Edison Manufacturing film crew, it took place a decade after the Edison/Westinghouse (AC/DC) "Current Wars" were over.
>>
#ElephantLivesMatter
>>
>>69021769
>elephant kills and maims humans
here is an idea little monkey dont go near the big grey muscular thing with giant spikes
>>
>>69020220
AC Current seems dangerous, we should stick with the safe and reliable DC current.
>>
>>69021929

You would hate Edison and go on and on how Tesla was so much better if only reddit liked Edison, you hipster contrarian.
>>
That elephant was a murderer. It killed a guy and was going to be euthanized.

Instead of shooting it multiple times with shotguns, Thomas Edison suggested it would be more human to electrocute it. Which, yeah, I'd agree with.

All the shit-for-brains Teslafags act like Edison was going around looking for harmless endangered species to kill. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>69020220
AC propaganda DC all the way
>>
>>69021929
Nah, Tesla was the based one famiglia
>>
>>69022595
DCcuck
>>
File: 1361763162691.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1361763162691.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>Wikipedia article desperately tries to prove that Edison wasn't really involved, it was just his company
>>
>>69022513
>Press an extremely intelligent and sentient mammal into slavery
>Torture it for years to perform demeaning tricks for the absolute lowest specimens of our own species
>Topsy finally takes vengeance
>Instead of using his unlimited fortune to rescue Topsy and take her to a preserve, Edison electrocutes her for some bullshit propaganda during the Current Wars - a corporate conflict in which Edison was the bad guy

Yeah sure anon, how saintly of ol' Thomas
>>
File: 1452676024150.png (16 KB, 252x211) Image search: [Google]
1452676024150.png
16 KB, 252x211
>>69020220
>image.png
>>
File: Land_of_the_Blind_Poster.jpg (80 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
Land_of_the_Blind_Poster.jpg
80 KB, 510x755
>>69020220
/tv/
>>
File: 17do-g.png (684 KB, 800x731) Image search: [Google]
17do-g.png
684 KB, 800x731
>>69021790
Underrated post.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.