[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. It obviously wasn't a dream sequence.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: bvsweb.webm (1 MB, 990x576) Image search: [Google]
bvsweb.webm
1 MB, 990x576
I don't get it.

It obviously wasn't a dream sequence.

You see papers flying around after he 'wakes up' a second time.

Why did he wake up a second time?

He was facing the flash and all of a sudden, he's facing the monitor and waking up. How does that even happen? How does this make any fucking sense?

Fuck you Zack Snyder
>>
>>69017231
You just don't get it, pleb
Read some Moby Dick and Neitshze and come back once you've understood this kino
>>
Maybe it acting like a dream? I have no fucking clue
>>
>>69017231

only 27% of the population understand this film.

seems you're one of the 73%
>>
>>69017231

The flash travels back through time and anchors himself at a point to deliver his message, when he can't hold on for much more he snaps back to the future, rewinding time slightly yet Bruce retains the information.
>>
>>69017286
>>69017313
>ebin he didn't get it maymay
Just admit your movie is shit
>>
>>69017345
That makes sense
>>
>>69017231
lmao
plebs can't into surrealism
>>
>>69017231
it was flash coming back from the future, commanded by Bruce Wayne to set the sequence of events in place for [the rest of BvS relied on Flash coming back].

In the sequels, Bruce Wayne will find a way to save Superman, he will establish Justice League, find Flash - this will require finding Flash and sending him back to previous Bruce Wayne in [your pic related] and setting the sequence of events in place for the movie to continue and superman to 'die'.
>>
>>69017466
I get that, but just before the flash shows up, Bruce 'wakes up' from the desert dream. And after the flash is done telling him, he 'wakes up' AGAIN.

Why is the second wake up necessary?

The Flash doesn't have DREAM powers. It wasn't a DREAM, yet he 'wakes up' from it like it was. It was an almost creative scene. But Zack fucked it all up.
>>
>>69017438
You're kidding...
>>
Bruce didn't understand what was happening and therefore he experienced it as a half-remembered dream
>>
File: 87864633458.jpg (58 KB, 418x407) Image search: [Google]
87864633458.jpg
58 KB, 418x407
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>>
I figured him going back to the future would give a knocking feeling where they go out for a little, which is why he wakes up again but everything is still the same
>>
>>69017231
Will El Flasho go back in time to save Mexico from Trump?
>>
>>69017747
I hate how that small script he made completely disregards everything else in the movie
>>
What is it about this movie that makes you people act so fucking stupid?
>>
>>69017856
Because "le shitty film" meme runs deep where everyone has to either A) overanalyse scenes or B) completely refuse to understand scenes
>>
I didn't like the movie overall but I liked how that sequence was shot. Capeshit could use some more weird shit.
>>
>>69017231
Speed Force did it
>>
>>69017885
And you guys praising with "le you didn't get it" meme runs deep as well whenever it benefits you
>>
>>69017885
>overanalyse scenes
That is what people who love the film have been doing since the release.
>>
>>69017951
And you just assumed that I had a camp in this farce. Retard.
>>
>>69018018
And they're equally as retarded as the ones who refuse to understand the scenes. They're both opposite sides of the same retarded coin. Pick you side if you want or watch the thing flip, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>69018026
My point still stands for people who like the film pull this shit here.
>>
Is there a torrent yet? I never got to see it while it was in theaters
>>
>>69017231
truth is this sequence is easily understood by modern audiences who read comic books because time travel is an often abused concept in them, while general audiences have no clue what's going on because they're not as familiar to the idiocy of comic book tropes. nearly every single major superhero comic book that i read back when i read them used this hackneyed device sooner or later. you know the saying, 'glitter is the herpes of the fashion world?' well, 'time travel is the herpes of superhero/comic books stories.'
>>
>>69018072
And people who DON'T like the film like to pretend they don't understand scenes. Your point is retarded. You KNOW it's retarded. Everyone on the polar opposite side of this fanbase is fucking retarded. You included for thinking that people overanalysing shit somehow makes you better than them. You're both retards.
>>
>>69018128
I never said they were any better either.
>>
>>69018163
Your attitude says otherwise, seen as you immediately picked a side here >>69017951 even though my OP was neutral. You're a retard, stop arguing about capeshit on the internet.
>>
>>69018125

It still doesn't explain why Bruce just "wakes back up again".

It was just bad editing and pace. One of the main problems with this movie. I'm guessing that scene was put in at the last minute and they didn't have any good place to put it during the movie so they shoehorn it there. Like they did with Wonder Woman looking at the JL trailers, completely slowing down the movie. Its a technical problem that ended up fucking up the scene.
>>
>>69018318
If they wanted to, they could've easily edited it so that Bruce doesn't wake up a second time after the Flash visits him. It's there for a purpose. It's not "bad editing".
>>
>look at me! I am a time travel expert, and I say you can't time travel in dreams 'cause It have never happened.
>>
stop watching garbage movies
>>
>>69018373

Whats the purpose of him waking up a second time then? To make Bruce believe it might have been a dream? He didnt need to wake back up, he could have easily thought it was a hallucination from lack of sleep couple with his dream/visions.

>>69018401

Unless they changed how Speed Force time traveling works. Which is basically running so fast and opening up a wormhole to travel through time and space. Then yeah, you can't just go in to peoples dreams.
>>
>>69018504
>Unless they changed how Speed Force time traveling works. Which is basically running so fast and opening up a wormhole to travel through time and space. Then yeah, you can't just go in to peoples dreams.
They haven't explained it in the universe yet, but didn't Infinite Crisis involve Bruce retaining parts of his future selves memories when Flash changed something?
>>
>>69018504
Not him but if someone were time traveling and then traveling back in time, the sheer force and gravity of time leaving would probably be so enormous that he could have passed out which makes him "wake up" in a sense. I don't think he was sleeping but more got knocked out by the flash leaving to the future.
>>
>>69018504
>Whats the purpose of him waking up a second time then?
I don't know. I was just bothered that you ascribed it to some kind of oversight by the editor when that's obviously not the case.
>>
File: 1460164852169.png (190 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460164852169.png
190 KB, 500x500
>>69018644

>the sheer force and gravity of time leaving would probably be so enormous that he could have passed out which makes him "wake up" in a sense.
>>
>>69018722
That is the only way I could see it work. Kind of like how when you pull in a lot of G force, that is known to make people pass out, well one could say that him time traveling would have the same effect since he is moving faster then the speed of light.
>>
The flash's presence looped time
>>
Lol this board is too dumb for superhero movies.
>>
>>69018644
>>69018582
>>69018676

Either way, I think I can reach an agreement and say that they shouldn't have thrown that bit in there. Casual moviegoers are left like "what the fuck was up with that?" And comic book fans are confused too because they threw it in there when we havent even seen Flash fleshed out and his powers.

I feel like it wasn't needed and Bruce already had motivated enough without Flash screaming you were right and Bruce misinterpreting it.
>>
>>69017286
Don't forget to study the Quran, Talmud, and the Greek New Testament. Otherwise, you won't be able to understand the movie about two guys in capes fighting an orc.
>>
>>69018912
It could have been done better or just be left out i agree.
>>
File: tppI4st.png (257 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
tppI4st.png
257 KB, 500x493
if i were ahead of the DCU Flash would be the most powerfull being in the Universe but too much a newbie to realize that, so i'd make Bats become his mentor in the JLU
and he'd be played by some tall aryan actor, not the self proclaimed asian tranny queer
>>
>>69018912
Yeah, it could've been left out but it didn't bother me too much to be honest. I'm not a comic book fan and I just thought it was a weird supernatural encounter that can't be completely explained.
>>
>is it a dream
>is it from the future

It's a movie
If you don't understand this point you need to reevaluate your hobby as a film enthusiast
>>
File: 1461107889493[1].jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
1461107889493[1].jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>>68926032
>>68926142
>>68926193
>>68926240
>>68926294
>>68926340
>>68926395
>>68926431
>>68926481

>>68992181
>>68992242
>>68992561
>>68992661

>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
>>69019059

Reevaluate your love of cock, cocklover.
>>
>Lois is the key

what did he mean by this?
>>
Batman didn't listen to anything the Flash said

the whole thing was fucking pointless
>>
>>69019101
>I like the films of JJ Abrams

FTFY
>>
>>69019240

figures you'd mention your favorite fag director, queer.
>>
>>69019166
Lois is the most important character in The DCEU. This is what Snyder did to your favorite franchise and you fuckers love him for it
>>
>>69019215
no, you're just dumb

Bruce's last line
>Just a feeling
has the double meaning of needing to prepare for whatever Lex called from space and Flash's warning that he was always right to fear Superman
>>
>Bruce, you truly have become Zack Snyder's Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice R-rated Directors Cut
What did he mean by this
>>
>>69019264
Go watch the Force Awakens again you nigger lover
You're fucking pathetic
>>
File: 14382289348872.jpg (124 KB, 666x884) Image search: [Google]
14382289348872.jpg
124 KB, 666x884
>>69019296
why do you care so much?
is the passive aggressiveness necessary?
>>
>>69019296
>>69019166

Snyder is honestly doing a mess. He mixed elements from Injustice/Flashpoint, The Dark Knight Returns and Darkseid plotlines.

I have no idea how Justice League will succeed. Its honestly looking pretty horrible at this point. Like as a comic book fan you'll understand most of it. But I don't see how Snyder expects mainstream audiences to understand. You have Justice League Pt. 1 in 2017 and then Pt. 2 is scheduled for 2019. Like what the fuck!?
>>
>>69018912
>I feel like it wasn't needed and Bruce already had motivated enough without Flash screaming you were right and Bruce misinterpreting it.
It wasn't about motivation, it was about Bruce realising that he has to protect the women in Supes life lest the future Flash was from happens. It's why he saves Martha later, and why he forms the Justice League.
>>
>>69019424
too big for little minds
why do comicbook readers adopt a holier than thou attitude?
the plotlines aren't as complicated as they make them seem, read a real novel for goddamn sake
>>
>>69017231
You remember the mindscape sequence with Clark and Zod from Man of Steel? Going to be some sort of use of the same tech. They figure out how to open some sort of pinhole to the past, it creates some a disturbance(wind kicking up, papers blowing around, etc.), then they telepathically communicate through it.

It's a smart choice to limit time-travel to non-physical, because it limits the amount of fuckery you get into the moment you introduce it into the plot. If they're even smarter, they'll make the device they used rely on some extremely rare material. Kryptonite would make a good choice.
>>
>>69019357
Necessary? No. Warranted? Yes.

I hate this fuck and we're having an impossible time pushing him out of the industry due to his sluts wife and you Stockholm syndrome fans. All our fingers are crossed that JL is as big a shit fest and he can fuck off to obscurity again. It's the reason why we say fuck it, let him do what he wants he'll hang himself.
>>
>>69019546
I dunno man, I reckon the JL movie is going to be Final Crisis in some way shape or form, and time travel will be a bit point.
>>
File: 1473283482346253.jpg (46 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1473283482346253.jpg
46 KB, 275x275
>>69019611
>we

how entitled and deluded can fanboys be?
>>
>>69019536

I'm not making comic book fans to be like that at all. But when you make a movie you can't just reference things for a small group of your audience that will watch the movie. You have to filter out all the obscure shit. Snyder isn't making low budget movies here, these movies are meant to be seen by everyone. Its a blockbuster. When you start putting in pieces of obscure references, like Flash, the darkseid dreams and the JL videos you confuse people that know nothing about those characters.

Those plot threads that I've mentioned could have been taken out, or done better or replaced with something that would be better. It just makes me dread whats going to come next year. If this movie was such a mess in a storytelling aspect, who knows how the JL movie will be.
>>
>>69017286
>Neitshze
Good bait otherwise
>>
>>69019709
It being a plot point isn't a problem for me, just having people able to do it at will like the Flash is frequently portrayed *is*. You really need to keep time travel on a short leash.
>>
File: capekino fags.jpg (471 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
capekino fags.jpg
471 KB, 2000x1134
>>69017856
Teenagers hyped it and some people believed that
Also post-post-post-post-irony
>>
>>69017231
It was a dream about a memory.

The Flash thing happened, it's why he's so afraid of Superman. Cause a dude from the future told him Superman's going to destroy the world.
>>
>>69019099
Imagine how much better this board would be if they put that much effort into analyzing say, Tarkovsky or Bergman.
>>
>>69017549
Yet he does have dream powers, the Flash not only can travel through time but different dimensions.
>>
File: via dolorosa.jpg (69 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
via dolorosa.jpg
69 KB, 579x960
>>69017231
You sometimes confuse real life and the dream when waking from sleep. People do this all the time.

I never had any problems understanding this scene. Snyder probably just wanted to make the scene a little bit more subtle and not spell out every single scene for the dumb audience, which was a huge mistake.
>>
>>69019966
I love Bergman, but once you're done delving, you're done. Without someone to disagree, it's pretty much "the man was an artistic genius," with an assenting chorus of people who agree.
>>
>>69019816
I haven't read a comic in my life and have no trouble following it
>>
>>69020083
This, when you're having messed up fever dreams(Batman in a post apocalyptic setting) they're usually surrounded by vague realistic dreams (The Flash visiting him in his office) you aren't sure happened or not upon waking up.
>>
>>69020227

That's awesome, man. Obviously you represent everyone who watched the movie. I'm glad that because you did means everyone else did. So obviously all my generalizations are left void because you understood it.
>>
>>69018106
You can stream it on 123movies
>>
File: 4329832847.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4329832847.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>69020549
it's seriously not that hard dude
>>
>>69020318
I had a really terrifying sleep paralysis, two nights in a row when I had a high fever as a kid. It was awake, couldn't move and I was having very vivid and scary hallucinations.
>>
>>69021487
I've had this shit too, iktf senpai. Honestly the Flash sequence captures this layered waking up feeling really well.
>>
JUST FLASH MY DREAM UP
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.