[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After season 4, do you believe Americans would realistically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: anything-for-america-1260x840.jpg (136 KB, 1260x840) Image search: [Google]
anything-for-america-1260x840.jpg
136 KB, 1260x840
After season 4, do you believe Americans would realistically vote for someone like Underwood?
>>
They absolutely would. if Kevin Spacey joined the race right now, he'd win.
>>
>>69015949
Trump would roast him, he wouldnt know how to deal with it and would lose
>>
He'd win because he's a Democrat and the dilution of whites as a majority of the population has ensured that the Democrats and their identity coalition have a stranglehold on national elections.

Trump really white America's last hope (at least within the peaceful confines of the electoral process).
>>
>>69016025
Other way around champ.
>>
>>69015604
No, the whole thing makes no sense.

>Huge scandal taints the entire Democratic party
>Vice President, who served in the party leadership and was NEVER ELECTED, is somehow not massive unpopular
>Gas prices sky high, people visibly angry at him for it

Underwood is a combination of the worst aspects of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. If this show has any basis in reality, then Conway will win all 50 states.
>>
>>69016786
>Underwood is a combination of the worst aspects of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter

I think that's the point. He wants to leave a legacy and be remembered, but in the end history will remember him as a bumbling, incompetent joke, a mere footnote in between a horrible president (Walker/Nixon) and a great one (Conway/Reagan).

The final scene of House of Cards isn't going to be Underwood getting assassinated, getting arrested, or some kind of memorial being made for him. It's going to be him sitting on the couch at home, watching some comedian on tv doing a Frank Underwood impression and everyone laughing.
>>
>>69016339
> the dilution of whites as a majority of the population has ensured that the Democrats and their identity coalition have a stranglehold on national elections.
there was a republican in office 9 years ago
you're painting as if there hasn't been one for 50 years
>>
>>69018323
he's probably like 16
>>
>>69018323
A lot has happened since GWB. Little things like ISIS, and 9/11, and the 2008 financial crisis, and millions upon millions of illegal Mexicans spawning like clockwork so that even Texas is projected to go blue in the future.
>>
>>69018323
A republican who didn't win the popular vote, to be fair.

>>69015604
They wouldn't, because he has no gimmick like being black or on The Apprentice.
>>
>>69018416
>ISIS, and 9/11, and the 2008 financial crisis
How do any of these strengthen democrats? ISIS in particular is Republican heaven with threats of going to war and whatnot
>millions upon millions of illegal Mexicans spawning like clockwork
actually there has been a decline in immigration rates since Obama got office, and I'm not American so I wouldn't know but can all these illegal Mexicans even vote? They are illegal after all.
>>
>>69018595
>actually there has been a decline in immigration rates since Obama got office
Probably because all of fucking Mexico is already here and there's no one left to emigrate from there.
>>
>>69018323
the us changed more in the last 9 years than the last 50
>>
>>69016786
you're talking about a show that got rid of a guaranteed democratic nominee in the cheapest way possible
i'm sure they'll find another bullshit reason to destroy gov. chad's image in S5
>>
>>69016025

But Trump just throws around insults with zero substance. He's all words and no plan for action.
>>
Aren't the Underwoods the fictional version of the Clintons?
>>
>>69018703
>the us changed more in the last 9 years than the last 50

This is probably bait, but what the hell:

>the USA in 1966 vs the USA in 2007
-Military spending drastically decreased from 10% down to 4%
-Containment no longer the focus of our foreign policy
-Space program no longer a major focus
-Anti-catholicism, anti-Italian/Japanese/German sentiment is long-dead
-Anti-communist sentiment is far less rabid
-Society is far more tolerant of things like abortion, premarital sex, and interracial marriage
-Desegregation completed
-Latino population went from 8 million out of 179 million to 48 million out of 310 million
-The Bretton Woods system and the gold standard were ended
-Relations normalized with China
-Japan no longer seen as a potential economic rival
-Islamic terrorism is now viewed as the main threat instead of communism

>the USA in 2007 vs the USA in 2016
-Economy growing more slowly
-Population has gone from 310 million to about 320 million
-Al Qaeda instead of ISIS
-Still fighting in Afghanistan
-Social/cultural views haven't changed too much (people are more tolerant of gays, I guess?)
>>
>>69019163
>(people are more tolerant of gays, I guess?)
HEAT UP THE OVENS, THIS DEGENERACY IS NOT ALLOWED
>>
>>69019163
>Modern US Economy
>Growing
>>
>>69016595
trump doesn't care about critics, what the fuck are you saying
>>
we /pol/ now
>>
>>69019954
Underwood is a shitty president but his character would absolutely dance circles around Trump.
>>
>>69020053
Trump is literally the 21st century Julius Caesar. Voting for him felt like the 13th legion crossing the Rubicon.
>>
Probably. That husband/wife schlick was good.
>>
>>69020209
>draft dodger
>Caesar
>voting for him felt like it gave my shitty life purpose on historical weight
Hero worship has literally rotted your brain.
>>
>>69020209
Please don't compare the two. You're making a mockery of Caesar.

Caesar was a general, leader and had an enormous amount of experience under his belt, both as an administrator and warlord. He was also rigorously trained in the classics, knew when to hold his tongue and how to act vigorously without employing cheap tactics. Trump is nothing compared to Caesar.

I get that you're a fan, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
He's a president who already had a decent base of support, then got shot and survived. I'm surprised he still has any competition.
>>
File: 1435778485962.jpg (494 KB, 4232x3174) Image search: [Google]
1435778485962.jpg
494 KB, 4232x3174
>>69015604
Considering Americans are voting for a walking meme by the millions, yes.
>>
>>69020333
dude, legacies/achievements were easier to push back then
>>
>>69020333
>H-heh, yeah Trump is such a loser billionaire garnering more votes than any other historical candidate and turning the electoral process of the strongest nation of the history of the world into his own personal circus
The man is the Ubermensch. His battlefield was the business world and he thoroughly conquered it. He conquered the entertainment world. Now the conquest of the strongest office in the world is within his reach. The political system forevermore will have to live in the shadow of what he's accomplished. Entire books will be written on his mastery of persuasion.
>>
>>69020494
by conquering you mean bankrupting his various companies multiple times, employing illegal immigrants for his own projects while vowing to fight illegal immigrants?

II mean, I know you're baiting, but you should improve your persona.
>>
>>69020494
He inherited everything he owns.
>>
>>69020798
filtered
>>
>>69020707
but where are the prooooooofs
>>
>>69020798
The only thing he inherited is the genetics for that gorgeous coif of hair. Everything else was earned through his own blood, sweat, and toil. I understand that you leftists are freaking out that Trump means the party's over and the chickens have come home to roost but please don't embarrass yourselves.
>>
>>69020890
so whose body did he snatch?
>>
>>69020914
That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>69020707
>bankrupting his various companies multiple times
Yes, the founding fathers literally wanted Americans to be able to do this and designed bankruptcy laws that would allow businesses to do it. Bankruptcy is not a bad thing when it comes to business
>>
>>69020421
>He's a president who already had a decent base of support

Why does he have a decent base of support? He's connected to the Walker scandal (was in the Democratic Party leadership and helped on Walker's campaign), the economy is even worse in House of Cards than it is in real life, we're seeing 1970s OPEC shock-esque lines at the gas stations, the foreign policy situation is even less stable than the one in real life.....who is left that supports him? And why? At best, he should be viewed as a dumber version of Gerald Ford by the public.
>>
>>69020707
>bankrupting his various companies multiple times

Yeah, 6 companies out of 300. You liberals are fucking retarded desu
>>
>>69019014
I mean you say that but...

you're just wrong
>>
>>69018700
Can confirm
t. Spic getting a free college education
>>
>>69021158
>He's the only candidate with almost nothing in his campaign plan
>His debates with the other retarded GOP candidates is just shit-flinging
>He only says he will do vague shit like "make america better" and "make good deals"

Both candidates are trash and their approval ratings are absolute dogshit yet people still think the US is a democracy
At least he's better than Hillary, too bad he'll lose though
>>
>>69021349
These are some fresh opinions, friend. Did John Oliver present those bullet points last night or something?
>>
>>69021417

That's a mighty nice retort, there friend. Do you have any rational thought or argument to go with it?
>>
File: 1461237409183.jpg (48 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1461237409183.jpg
48 KB, 600x593
>>69021000

>He's connected to the Walker scandal (was in the Democratic Party leadership and helped on Walker's campaign)

It's not that hard to distance yourself away from that by throwing them under the bus, which is what Underwood did.

>the economy is even worse in House of Cards than it is in real life

Which is something he did something about with his America Works ploy which had very good results in a PR sort of way. In hard times people will overlook the scandal that made it happen (poaching FEMA funds) when they see mass employment.

>we're seeing 1970s OPEC shock-esque lines at the gas stations

Which his administration resolved by cucking Russia.

>the foreign policy situation is even less stable than the one in real life

It's actually more stable from what I can tell. The only real difference is that the Underwoods are taking advantage of the instability they do have for their own gains.

>At best, he should be viewed as a dumber version of Gerald Ford by the public.

Ford's approval ratings were actually in the 50%+ range. However, at the end of the day the public couldn't forgive him for pardoning Nixon.
>>
>>69015604
No, but other Ministers in the British Parliment would make him their head if they were forced to by reasons.

The American version is stupid and should never have been made.
>>
>>69018595
>American so I wouldn't know but can all these illegal Mexicans even vote? They are illegal after all.

Their worthless spawn are US citizens and can vote.
>>
>>69017020
>The final scene of House of Cards isn't going to be Underwood getting assassinat-

But it will, since that's what happened in the original source material and the British TV series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goqw0fDMbUg
>>
>>69015604
>Underwood
is a combination of Trump & Bill Clinton
>>
File: final cut.png (14 KB, 477x163) Image search: [Google]
final cut.png
14 KB, 477x163
>>69022591
Francis Urquhart must have won a good few elections himself, though.
>>
America was dumb enough to elect Bush twice, they'd be dumb enough to elect a man who covers his tracks pretty well
>>
>>69018820
>guaranteed democratic nominee
>a literally who solicitor general who was running against an incumbent who had just gotten shot
Pick one
>>
>>69018820
>guaranteed
She was taking on big business AND her opponent was an incumbent
She was going to lose
>>
I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be more uproar about his wife being his running mate, no matter how excellent she is.

I also think that getting shot would've done his polls the world of good.
>>
>>69023836
Honestly, I took that as confirmation that the writers are taking the piss at the flagrant nepotism of the Clintons
>>
>>69022872
trump is a mad dog who doesn't care about public opinion, underwood is a sinister faggot who does all the shit behind backs
>>
>>69015604
The 3 main candidates are
1) a woman being investigated by the FBI with skellingtons filling her walk-in closet
2) a communist Jew that didn't have a job until he was 40 years old
3) Donald Trump and his army of Twitter followers with anime profile pics

Yes, I'd imagine this cuck would have a chance
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.