[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: KotCS.jpg (72 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
KotCS.jpg
72 KB, 500x747
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>69014766
No. It was fine
>>
>>69014766
No - the only people who complain are the "muh nostalgia" Reddit crowd who just follow the opinions of online reviewers.

It was better than Temple of Doom
>>
>>69014899
Fucking checked
>>
>>69014766
Let's go through all the major complaints with this movie

>ALIENS ARE DUMB
Really? so all the shit in the previous movies weren't? It fits with the 50s setting of the film

>SHIA LABEOUF SUCKS
He's really not that bad and he fits the role

>TOO MUCH CGI
Now way! You're telling me that an action adventure movie from 2008 has CGI effects in it?
>>
>>69015005
Shia was honestly the best part
>>
GET THAT GREASER
>>
It was OK. Shia wasn't even that bad in this.
>>
>>69014766
It really was
>>
>>69014766
Yep.
Nothing about it was good.
>>
>>69015073
> Shia wasn't even that bad in this

Even Shia thinks you're wrong
>>
>>69015097
Thats not true. Mostly everything up until they find Marion is okay.
>>
A compass! you know, north, south, east

...west...
>>
>>69015255
As retarded as jumping out of a plane with a raft and surviving
>>
>retarded aliens plot
>"nuking the fridge"
>terrible CGI monkey swinging scene
>Harrison Ford constantly looks like he just wants to sit down
Yes OP
>>
raiders is the only indy movie worth anything anyhow. only redditors will disagree
>>
>>69015255
>12 when Crystal Skull came out

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
Jungle part ruins it completely, before that it's good.
>>
>>69014766
Nope. Not at all. It pretty much stands up with the first three films.
>>
>>69014766
No, it was great.
1>3>4>2.
>>
>>69015500
THIS, even with some real stupid things here and there its fine until this point. The 50's diner, the motorbike chase and the tomb raid are great even.
>>
>>69015048
Yep. Honestly, I would have rather they made a Mudd Williams movie instead, and then revealed he was Indiana Jones's kid and had Indiana Jones just appear out of nowhere. Like people didn't even know it was a spin-off to Indiana Jones. Would have been neat if they'd done a series of films where Mudd gets into scifi adventures. Oh well.
>>
The 50's diner sequence is honestly up there with the best of the Indiana Jones moments. All the rest is garbage.
>>
>cgi ants
>cgi nuke
>cgi fridge
>cgi monkeys

Yes, yes it was
>>
>>69015918
You're right, they should have had a real nuke test
>>
Take out the rats, the sword fight on the cars and the monkeys and it would've been ok.
>>
>>69014766
No just generic and safe; it was a sad way to see off the series.
>>
>>69014766
Yeah. The trilogy is about historical religious artifacts. Ark of the Covenant, cup of Christ. God pretty much confirmed real. Nazi bad guys portrayed well. All of a sudden transdimensional ayy lmaos, cartoony cate blanchett villain. Lebuff was fine desu. Fridge nuke tho. Black sheep of the franchise. Worse than doom but only cuz I like short round and the Kali Ma scene.
>>
>>69014766
If you take out Marion it's a solid 7.5/10, with her it's like a 5/10.
>>
>>69015918
>they should have used real ants
>they should have used a real nuke
>they should have had a real fridge flying around
>they should have had real monkeys swinging around

You are a fool.
>>
>>69016347
>they should have used real ants
No need for ants
>they should have used a real nuke
That's not what he means
>they should have had a real fridge flying around
Don't use a fridge, just make him escape on a bycicle or in the car with the russians.
>they should have had real monkeys swinging around
Just don't put any fucking monkey
>>
>>69016344
> Not lusting after old marion
You gay anon?
>>
>>69016344
Take out the UFO and make the nuking the fridge scene a story that Shia LeBuff told to get laid and its 10/10.
>>
>>69016654
Actually this. Would be nice if they ended this one with no supernatural forces since they made the whole movie about bringing the family back together.
>>
>>69016654
You forgot Tarzanbouf and his monkeys. The CGI Caddyshack.

I could go on.
>>
Poorly written, acted and directed, the CGI looks like it was made in 1992 and sticks out in every scene, nothing makes any sense at all.
>>
It needed more murder

Fuck this fun for the whole family bullshit
>>
>>69014766
No, but it does have it's stupid moments which everyone has whinged about to hell and back already. It's definitely the weakest of the quadrilogy, but it's not THAT bad of a film by itself.

>>69014899
Only thing wrong with Temple of Doom was the little asian kid.
>>
>>69018094
What about the ants?
>>
>>69018432
>Only thing wrong with Temple of Doom was the little asian kid.

Why?
>>
>>69018468
that was just lame, unlike Big McHuge who got ripped to shreds in Raiders, there was no build-up to the guy's death and it was just there as gross shock value
>>
File: girlsinhallwaypic.jpg (203 KB, 1191x842) Image search: [Google]
girlsinhallwaypic.jpg
203 KB, 1191x842
I thought it was one of the better Indiana Jones film, but it did lack something, and I can see people not liking the "aliens". I think they should've gone with something mythological from Earth's history.

The best film was TLC. That was amazing. Great characters, excellent soundtrack, and in places it had a real sense of gravitas. Uh, mixed in with the popcorn flick scenes, e.g. "That was close!".

First two films were good, but not as good as the later films.
>>
>>69018432
>No time for love, Dr. Jones
Based shortround delivering one of the best lines in movie history.
>>
>>69018660
He's an annoying little shit with his "Okie dokie Dr. Jones!" catchphrase, also that time he took out at least three grown men with martial arts was as retarded as the worst parts of KOTCS.

>>69018665
Anything with Connery is amazing by default.
>>
>>69018665
>Says best movie is the third one
>Says the first two are better than the last two
Which is it?
>>
>>69018849
>Says the first two are better than the last two

No he didn't.
>>
>>69019077
SAVAGE
>>
>>69014766
Yes.
>>
>>69021271
Why?
>>
>>69014766
Yes. The only thing that felt like authentic Indiana Jones was the motorcycle chase scene in the beginning. Spielberg really needs to tell Lucas his ideas are fucking horrible.
>>
>>69021483
You know why cockburglar
>>
>>69021730
No I don't.
>>
Legit Question /tv/

Who was worst?
Shia lebouf or the asian kid?
>>
>>69015005
In the bottom of your heart you know the alien shit was stupid as fuck
>>
>>69014766
No. apart from the aliens which weren't even that bad until the very end it was a decent movie. but you know how the bandwagon mob mentality goes
>>
>>69021907
>hating Shortround
why?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 480x360
>>69018800
Finally someone gets it. Shortround burned himself into our collective memories.

Awful enough to be memorable, but not awful enough to be JarJar.
>>
Not at all. Maybe it's because I have massive nostalgia-lens and my opinion is more subjective then anything but the movie felt solid to me, twist at the end aside. Indie was his normal witty and snarky self, there was action, it was adventure, everything you want in an indie film. I grew up watching these, saw the entire series 100 times so I was giddy after the movie was over.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 420x315
Shia and Shortround would make an interesting buddy comedy, taking place right around when America sent troops into Vietnam in the 1960's.

Make it like Indiana Jones meets Rush Hour, with a more political spin.
>>
what do you guys have against the asia kid?
Usually people even said it would have been great to have him in IV instead of shia
>>
>>69021907
Asians are worse by default because they're not white like I am.
>>
>>69015005
>so all the shit in the previous movies weren't?

Nope. The ark of the covenant and the holy grail are really cool legendary artefacts worthy of an archaeological adventure. I don't remember the temple of doom.
>>
>>69014766
do you remember it fondly as a great adventure to memorable mysterious places with characters you like?
>>
>>69014766
PART TIME
>>
Why are there so many Lucas apologists on this board?
>>
>>69014766
Not really. It was alright.
>>
What should have been the artefact for this movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 634x476
>>69021907
Shia's not what's bad about IV... The writing and the CGI is what's bad about it.

He plays kind of a 'Marty in Back To The Future' character... It would be interesting if they had a writer who could place Shia in a 1960's story that had a lot of social interest. Get Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis to work on it, since they remember the 60's well enough.
>>
>>69022637
Atlantis
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 570x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 570x399
>>69022637
A Rothko painting - 'Red'...

Maybe that wouldn't be very mysterious, but it would suit a drama.
>>
Better than Temple of Doom and all the originals are really overrated anyway but it was still bad and I never want to watch it again.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 854x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 854x359
Indiana Jones V sounds compelling. If Ford is involved, it's the mid-60's, chronologically set between 'More American Graffiti' and 'Full Metal Jacket'...
>>
>>69022571
>the way you're sinkin yer teeth into those wubble-yous
>>
>>69022684
It's going to be this. How can it not be Atlantis?
>>
The plot is good, and Shia Lebouf is ok. The problem is that the center of the action is Harrison Ford, who had to use the Indi costume, flirt wih a girl and fight soviets, but is old, and you dont buy it. It would have it better if they put him in a role of mentor, staying around but no participating in action.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x309
>>69022942
Indiana Jones's son is tasked with tracking down the Rothko painting, but discovers it's connected with a much larger cache of Babylonian antiquities seized by the Communist Chinese. Thrilled by the discover, Mutt travels into South China, but his retired professor dad demands to come along, and references two Bible verses in Jeremiah 22 and Ezekiel 23...

>"Woe to him who builds his house without righteousness And his upper rooms without justice, Who uses his neighbor's services without pay And does not give him his wages, 14Who says, 'I will build myself a roomy house With spacious upper rooms, And cut out its windows, Paneling it with cedar and painting it bright red.' 15"Do you become a king because you are competing in cedar? Did not your father eat and drink And do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him.…

>Yet, she carried her prostitution even further. She saw pictures of men carved on walls. They were figures of Babylonian men, painted in bright red.

Long story short, Mutt becomes frantic in the search for the antiquities and its used a metaphor for the Cold War.
>>
>>69015097
Agreed. The only way it's watchable is with the Rifftrax over it.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 594x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 594x440
>>69023794
*bible chapters and verses

Originally many ancient bas reliefs and statues would have been painted with Vermilion Red-based paints.
>>
>>69022671
>Marty in Back To The Future
Fun fact, TILIMFSR that the nuke fridge scene was taken directly from the first draft of Back to the Future.
>>
ANTS

FRIDGE
>>
>>69014766
How did Oxley re-set the traps after he left the first time? Or did they all just magically re-set themselves and do things like magically re-fill themselves back up with sand?
>>
>>69022637
The Da Vinci code kind of fucked up the obvious choice for the thing Indy should go for next.

But there's the spear of Longines, which three churches claim to have the real one while some believe none have it, and the US took it as a war prize during WW2 and left a fake in its place.

And there's the Honjo Masamune, one of the most famous swords in japan and LOST after WW2 ended and the US made Japan hand over all of their swords.

And Japan's Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword which is linked to slaying dragons, which also disappeared into thin air

There's fucking Atlantis.

There's a ton of lost shit out there.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.