[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain why is The Shawshank Redemption #1 on IMDb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: The Shawshank Redemption.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2963) Image search: [Google]
The Shawshank Redemption.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2963
Can someone explain why is The Shawshank Redemption #1 on IMDb Top 250?
>>
>>69006581
middle of the road schlock
typing with 1 hand sorry 4 brevity
>>
>>69006581
It's a really good movie, I think that's the reason. Can you even think of an objectively better movie without replying in memes?
>>
>>69006581
Can you think of a single oscar film that has been on tnt/tbs/fx/amc/tmc more than shawshank redemption?

That's literally the reason right there.
>>
Because when you ask "what's the best movie you've ever seen" to a pleb who doesn't watch a lot of movies, it's their go-to answer.

Try it out on family and friends and see for yourself.
>>
>>69006672
Streetcar Named Desire
>>
>>69006672
I can think of many movies that have greater impact on the history of cinematography than The Shawshank Redemption. Hell even #2 film The Godfather is greater in every way.
>>
File: Back to the Future.jpg (2 MB, 2266x3480) Image search: [Google]
Back to the Future.jpg
2 MB, 2266x3480
>>69006693
>Try it out on family and friends and see for yourself.
I got Back to the Future
>>
I'm telling you guys it's because it's a good movie hell maybe even great that is aired on every television channel in existence like it's a shitty box office bomb so everyone's seen it. People that don't know shit about movies have seen Shawshank and when it's a surprisingly alright or even great to them they instantly call it the best cause it's either all they've seen or the film they've seen the most.
>>
>>69006581
Because that ranking comes from an average.

Real masterpieces are too polarizing to earn the number 1 ranking.
>>
>>69006581
Whitey loves to watch a black man in prison
>>
>>69006930
who cares 2001 space oddessy had an effect on cinematography but that doesn't change the fact that it's excruciatingly boring, it certainly doesn't make it a good movie. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective, as someone who wants to be knowledgeable in cinema, or at least appear knowledgeable in cinema. And you're confusing your goals with people who just want to enjoy a movie
>>
Look like in two-three years Disney buy a first place in every ratings with random shit.
>>
Its safe.
>>
>>69006679
This
>>
It's a good film. Something had to be #1. Could be a lot worse.
>>
>>69006693
I got the Indiana Jones trilogy.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>69007139
>it's excruciatingly boring
for you
>>
>>69006693
Joe Dirt???
>>
>>69006581
It's a very comfy movie that nobody dislikes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.