[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: dredd-poster-big.jpg (644 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
dredd-poster-big.jpg
644 KB, 733x1100
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
>>
This is a comic book movie but I don't know if I'd consider it capeshit.

Anyway, it was hella f*cking epic.
>>
>>69005895
who is the cop, and why his wearing a funny helmet?
>>
>>69006650

He is the law.
>>
>>69005895
>Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
Which is why people gave a billion dollars to TDKR, AoU, and most likely Civil War
>>
It failed because the market for R-rated action movies is not that big compared to the "Family-Friendly" Marvel movies that you can take your 10 year old nephew to without worrying about seeing a sex scene.
>>
File: 1417791051957.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1417791051957.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>69005895
why you make this baitthread every other day not learning nothing from the previous conversations?

>its a comicbook adaptation, but not really a capeshit
>most advertisement had the 3D tag on it, in a time when 3D wasn't very popular
>>
>>69007450
why don't thay change the rating system? a 16 year old already can handle tits and gore.

what exactly means the R-rated in the US? at us this movie was aired with 'at least 16 year olds' rating
>>
>>69008016
R is 17+.
>>
File: dredd31.jpg (22 KB, 584x246) Image search: [Google]
dredd31.jpg
22 KB, 584x246
>>69006682
LAAAAW
>>
>>69008016
The rating system isn't enforced by the government. They can't really change it unless the studios all get together and tell them to change it. Even if that happened the rating board would be bombarded with "just think of the children" soccer moms who have nothing better to do.
>>
>>69007915
Wasn't it 3D only?
>>
>>69005895
It was so fucking great.

Had a blast watching it, would watch again. Such a shame that there will never be a sequel.
>>
>>69010452
No. It was difficult to track down 2D showings but not impossible.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.