[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a scale from 1 to 10, how BTFO are bookfags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: jon-snow-s-alive.jpg (36 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
jon-snow-s-alive.jpg
36 KB, 640x434
On a scale from 1 to 10, how BTFO are bookfags?
>>
>>69005561
idk but this show fucking sucks
>>
>>69005561
every bookfag knew that would happen, wtf are you talking.

we didn't think it would be that fucking shitty of a resurrection tho.
>>
>>69005561

Why did he cum when he woke up?
>>
readers have had years to examine the story from all sides

just because GRRM hasn't written the ending, doesn't mean it's not in pieces out there on the internet just waiting to be cobbled together
>>
Shoulda make a wight desu
>>
0 we have limitless entertainment available to us and don't need to pay a cent like you goyim faggots do every time a new movie comes out, only to later complain about how bad it was. The only people who read and participate in the shit that is made are teenagers and women, and they've been taking over your movies for years (see mad max and ghostbusters)
>>
OP confirmed for 15

This 'event' was called exactly the way it went down since 2011
>>
>>69005574
>>69005581
If you're still watching after 6 seasons you like the show, no matter how hard you protest just to be a contrarian.
>>
>>69005688
Go back to r/mensrights you fucking cuck.
>>
The books are shit and so is the show. The show just happens to also be generally nice to look at.
>>
>>69005729
it's a bit more complicated than that, given that the show is a companion to a book series that may never be finished. honestly I find watching pretty depressing at this point and I thought the show was mostly GOAT until season 5
>>
>>69005561
>1

Bookfags are were the first to suggest Jons coming back. Most bookfags are disgusting jonautists.
>>
>>69005729
I fell asleep during every episode.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x351
>>69005744
Somebody triggered? Did you drop $30 to watch a movie you hated and get fatter with a tub of salt and butter with a gallon of sugar water to wash it down you fucking retard
>>
>>69005760
The bookfag memers were constantly BTFO on their worst case predictions early on, now they look like prophets
>>
>>69005700
this

go to any normie site, they're all patting themselves on the back because ''there were so much signs it was so obvious he'd come back!'' when in reality if it wasn't for bookfags they wouldn't have the slightest fucking clue.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s03YJ436FaOT
>>
>>69005561
As a bookfag, I'm not that pissed because the show is literally just an AU of the books, given how divergent it's become. They can pretty much do what they want to now and it doesn't spoil anything.
>>
>>69005561
>how BTFO are bookfags?

Considering bookfags knew this was coming 5 years ago, I would say not very much.

Most things that will happen in the series have already been figured out. There will certainly be some turns that are unexpected, but I think most people have a good idea of where It's going.
>>69005648
>>
>>69005892
Pretty much this.
Though I have to say I lost all hope in the books ever getting finished, Martin doesen't give a mad fuck anymore. Hell, if I were as rich as he is I wouldn't give a shit either.
>>
>>69005810
This is a thread about a tv show, not movies you illiterate idiot.

>Somebody triggered?
>triggered

Spotted the redditor. Go back you cuck sjw.
>>
>>69005561
WHO UP???
>>
>>69005992
Good goy keep paying theater prices, buy some popcorn too
>>
>>69005992
This is a thread about books you nigger, as stated in the OP. Pointing out that the superior readers of the world will never be as cucked as the residents of /tv/. All of your entertainment has turned to shit to appease the sjw/diversity crowd and you niggers still pay to watch it if only to complain about it. It's pretty sad lol
>>
As a bookfag I'm actually happy. We are finally free to enjoy the actual story, while showpeasants are left to wallow in their D&D erotic fanfiction. I can now watch the show without any rage whatsoever, since its no longer canon anyway
>>
>>69005561
Not at all because every book fag was just waiting for it to happen. It was just kind of silly, and the overly done Jesus element kept me out of the scene
>>
>>69005729
different anon but after season 4, I should have stopped, season 5 was fucking shit. Stoped watching TV all together after that an TD season 2. GG baby
>>
I think it's astonishing how much better an episode gets when you cut out Dany and Dorne.
This episode wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>69005561
Why would the bookfags be btfo?
>>
>>69005561
0 because everyone saw this one coming. I suspect he will come back to life a little differently in the books but it'll amount to the same thing. Of course Davos suddenly not giving a shit about his hatred of dark magic because now it's serving some random guy he knew for a few days even though the princess he thought of as a daughter was burned alive and his king who raised him up and made him all he is lies dead is definitely brilliant writing. Showfags are so dumb.
>>
How is this a surprise to anyone, again?
Jon, Dany, and Tyrion have patented plot-armour at least until the final novel, literally nothing can possibly kill them
>>
>>69006195
They are BTFO by the fact they watch and obsess and wait all week for new episodes of a show they hate. Now the ONE thing they had to feel superior about has been taken away from them. They have been cucked and discarded by D and D. GRRM doesn't even give a shit, he hasn't even STARTED on book 6 and never will.
>>
>>69005729
not really.
1 season was excellent and 3 seasons were decent.

then 1 season was garbage and the first 2 of season 6 are too.

You drop every show when 1.2 season are bad after 4 decent ones?
>>
>>69005561
How are we BTFO? We still have books to look forward to.

I'm just here for the schadenfreude.
>>
>>69005561
who slashed his face
>>
>>69006252
Davos is an honourfag. He wanted to ensure the LC was buried properly, then he got wrapped up in it all. He doesn't care much about Jon Snow, but recognises he needs to be alive for Davos to get out of this situation alive.
>>
>>69005561
0, literally everyone knew this was going to happen idiot
>>
*GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP* *GASP*
>>
>>69006278
GRRM basically confirmed one of them will die before the end.

Probably Tyrion.
>>
>yfw GRRM makes Jon stay dead just to spite showfaggots
>yfw Stannis carries his will
>>
>>69006334
>He doesn't care much about Jon Snow

He said he owes his life to him. For what? I have no idea.
>>
'Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.'

Friendly reminder that the books after 3 are of far worse quality than the show.
>>
>>69006356
>lungs not moving for hours
>>
>>69006284
>implying you aren't describing the feelings of every fan of the show including ones who haven't read since grade school
>implying the books and the show aren't aimed at women and teen girls

If you watch this show you are a pleb faggot with a low iq
>>
>>69006284
Any hardcore book fan like that isn't even watching this season.
>>
>>69006284
aww did you get spoiled about muh Red Wedding? you sound triggered af
>>
>>69006278
and Bran, Arya, Sansa
>>
>>69006405

I liked the one when she's watching the performers and they have boners and it says

>their arousal made her aroused

and that made me aroused too so that's like 3 different people getting aroused
>>
>>69006314
I'm not an autistic NEET with no friends or girlfriend, so yes I do drop shows after a shit season because I have other shit to do.
>>
>>69006405
I keep seeing this paragraph, whats wrong with it? Are writers not allowed to write the word 'shit' or something?
>>
>>69005943
He stopped giving a shit the moment he started writing A Feast For Crows. He just decided to extend the series indefinitely and beyond recognition, and shoehorn every shitty goddamn character that crossed his mind.
>>
>>69006404
Probably because he thinks Jon was about to assassinate Mance.
>>
>>69006481
I don't get it either, I think it really rammed home the point at how sick she was. I'd to like to see some good examples of people having diarrhea that doesn't sound cringe worthy.
>>
>>69006334
Let's be real here. Davos is just a likable character to showfags and the average GOT watcher can't even remember all the characters and their plot lines so whenever they find one audiences latch on to they need to keep them relevant. It doesn't make any logical sense that he suddenly doesn't care about stannis or shireen and is desperate for the red woman to use the blood magic he has hated and feared through out the entire series to bring jon back to life but doesn't ask her to bring back stannis.

They just made him pivot instantly and forget about stannis because they wanted to keep using him because GOT audiences like him. That's all it is.
>>
>>69006444
I actually read the books before the show, and barely gave a second thought to the red wedding. Catelyn had boring chapters and Robb was pretty boring.
>>
Fact: GRRM will never finish the books

Fact: GRRM is almost 70, and he's at the age when the brain becomes slow and uncreative

Fact: This horrible show is all thrones fags will ever have, whether you like the books, the show, or both.

Better start sucking each other's dicks right now.
>>
Should I believe these lies that Winds of Winter will be released during May?
>>
>>69006530
>implying it won't get remade
>>
>>69006544
No one has ever said that ever.
>>
>>69006530
Someone better will finish it, they're probably working on it now. He's built a great world but someone else could probably do a better job of finishing it.
>>
>>69006544
No
>>
>>69006560
It won't.

>>69006572
Nope. It dies with him.
>>
>>69006481
Showfags saw an image pasta about it so they always try to use that passage and one about sam banging gilly to try to say the books are horrible. They can't actually ever say why, they seem to think any author who describes an actual human functions like diarrhea and sickness as bad writing. I mean it's not brilliant prose but no one is reading asoiaf for the brilliant hemingway prose, they read it because of the narrative.
>>
>>69006513
It's the only avenue available to him to get out of the situation. When he finds out why Melisandre was so mopey in ep 10, and that she was responsible for Stannis' loss, he will probably not kill her but leave in disgust to go rally houses for Sansa.
>>
>>69006598
0/10
>>
>>69005561
Stannis/10
>>
That resurrection scene was so weak.
>>
is he undead now? or actually revived? because if he were undead that might actually be interesting.
>>
>>69006621
Go get some preparation h for your tender bottom.
>>
>>69006195
Because a major fucking event was depicted in the show before the books. The bookfags have been spoiling shit for us all this time, but now they're getting their comeuppance and having shit spoiled for them instead.
>>
Why Lady Stonehead like a zombie but Jon Snew and Beric seem good as new?
>>
>>69006530
He already has the outline for the story written in broad strokes. If he dies he'll just give that outline to an actually good writer and they'll finish it and that writers name won't be David.
>>
>>69006486
This. He is one reasons I became an author and I love his work. He doesn't owe me a goddamn thing. Yet it has seemed thst way.
>>
>>69006654
This. If he's like Beric that would be great.
>>
>>69006673
But everybody already predicted it in 2011.
>>
>>69006673
It wont happen in the books
Jon stays dead
>>
>>69006530
He gets offended when people call him fat, lazy, and delusional.

Sorry for breaking your world view you fat fuck, I guess some people value cheeseburgers over their legacy.
>>
>>69006687
Did you read the books? She was floating in fucking water for like 4 days.
>>
>>69006687
Their bodies were still fresh when being resurrected presumably
>>
>>69006673
But everyone knew he was going to be resurrected, I doubt anything major from the books gets spoiled, maybe obvious stuff like R+L=J.

I think GRRM can actually take a look at what the show does and try to make it better.
>>
>>69005828
>If it wasn't for bookfags
Nigger please this shit was telegraphed hard as fuck for nearly three seasons.
>>
>>69006615
Why would he give a shit about rallying houses for Sansa? Do you remember Stannis said he would kill rob for trying to usurp half his kingdom?

Davos didn't even care if he would die and be burned alive if he could kill the red woman first because he hated her magic and thought she was hurting stannis' chance to win the iron throne. It doesn't make any sense, no matter what bullshit explanation you have it will never make sense that he suddenly is cool with blood magic AND only wants it used to save Jon snow instead of ressurect his king, Stannis.

Literally the only reason it's happening is audiences like Davos and they wanted to keep him in the show so they just had him pivot and hoped audiences wouldn't notice because they can't remember all the story arcs happening.
>>
>>69006687
She tore her face apart when she saw Robb die and then her body spent a few days rotting in the trident.
>>
>>69006530
>Fact: GRRM is almost 70, and he's at the age when the brain becomes slow and uncreative
Gonna need some facts on that anon, because dementia is mostly hereditary.
Goethe wrote Faust at 80, Vonnegut wrote most of his notable works past 50
>>
>>69005729
I watch the series for the same reason why I come to 4chan. It's got nothing to do with enjoying it.
>>
>>69006769
He doesn't kill her because he's become more of a pragmatist. That's the irony; he'll be back to himself when he learns about Shireen barbecue.

Just saiyan fampire, these plotholes aren't the worst.
>>
>>69006769

Maybe Davos lost faith when he found out he burned Shirane? I can't remember if he found out though. He'd be a lost soul without Stannis and probably just latched onto the next strong, honourable man. Stannis did think highly of Jon.
>>
>>69006486
>he just decided to extend the series indefinitely

He's said for years it was going to have 7 books what are you talking about. I mean it does seem weird a whole bunch of new plot lines like the faith militant are only sprouting this far into the series and it seems like nothing is getting closer to being resolved but that could have been his plan all along, you have no idea.
>>
>>69006360
How so? Is it possible that he was just alluding to Snow's previous death?
>>
>>69005794
you are so mischeif
>>
>>69006819
Why?

You obviously enjoy both. You don't have to pretend to hate everything, your teenage years are probably over.
>>
>>69006827
>>69006828
Neither one of these explanations is very good. Just accept it, there is no logical reason for it. He HATES blood magic, He is utterly loyal to the death to stannis and loves shireen like a daughter. Him just being cool with their deaths and suddenly begging the red woman to use blood magic to save jon is bullshit.

He's just a likable character they wanted to pivot into a different story line to keep him relevant. That's the explanation.
>>
What you need?

Just a rez

Well I don't know shit but I got you famm
>>
>>69005729

I do not like the show. The writing, acting and set all get worse each season, I don't understand where the money is going because it's not into the actors or sets.

I download the show skim for events that are 'new' and marvel at the character derailment in comparison or how badly thought through some actions are.
>>
>>69006513
>>69006769
>>69006890

PIVOT
>>
>>69005729
S1-S4 were fantastic. Than D&D ego and HBO execs kicked in and now the show is mediocre. I would still watch it but I don't enjoy it nearly as much. The S5 Dorne arc and the sand sneks in general have been painful to watch.

I never read the books or cared about them so that's not even a 'bookfag' getting upset over differences. The show has just genuinely gone way, way down in quality.
>>
>>69006890
That's the 4th wall explanation, But is it so unbelievable that a man needs structure? That he becomes institutionalised from war, and needs someone to follow? To advise?
>>
File: carice4.gif (2 MB, 500x232) Image search: [Google]
carice4.gif
2 MB, 500x232
At least both book and show fags can agree that Melly Sanders is the best female character
>>
>>69006939
>I download the show skim for events that are 'new' and marvel at the character derailment in comparison or how badly thought through some actions are.

What in the fuck kind of autism is this?

Go train a martial art, try painting or go learn a new language.
>>
>>69006940
It's a back and forth conversation you fucking moron of course that's all me and all the replies except for in the very last post are the same person as well.

You're a fucking dumb ass.
>>
>>69006687
Beric was definitely not good as new. His fucking head was caved in.
>>
>>69006962
>S1-S4 were fantastic.
Yeah, I remember entire /tv/ losing their shit at how terrible S2 was apart from Blackwater episode
>>
>>69006360
Luckily that fat fuck isn't writing the story anymore.
>>
>>69006998
What's made you so upset pal? Let's talk about it.
>>
>>69006252
About Davos: he was sent away purposefully before the princess pyre; so maybe he's still ignorant of it happening? This sort of got lost in all the other shit happening, but I can imagine that the show runners are going to use this as a point of conflict in the future when he finds out about it all.
>>
>>69006985
>he's posting on /tv/

>claiming he's living life to the fullest every second he isn't watching a show he loves 100% every bit of it
>>
>>69006808
>Goethe
>Vonnegut
>mentioned in the same post as GRRM
topkek
>>
>When the red star bleeds and darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst salt and smoke

It's not like this shit happening was unknown to the books.
>>
>>69007051
I recently started on a herb garden, it's most fulfilling.
>>
Jon Snow is a spook
>>
>>69007020
I don't really care what 'entire' (that's a huge exaggeration) /tv/ does. S5 was complete dog shit compared to the other seasons. I never saw anyone complain nearly as much about GOT until bad poosy came along. Yeah people said emilia was a shitty actor and some other complaints here and there but anyone who is honestly defending sand sneks is a legit retard.
>>
>>69006967
If that explanation satisfies you, good for you. Doesn't do it for me, seems like a radical and sudden change in character.
>>
>>69006808
>>69006530

Yeah, creativity actually increases with age. One of the few perks of minor age related dementia is that when your neural networks start deteriorating you start creating more random associations which is the essence of creativity.

The actual skill of writing however, that probably goes to shit along with everything else. For the people who wrote very late into life, their brains probably didn't start going to shit until very late. Once you go downhill, you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>69006985

> skim

It doesn't take long. Then I can discuss things with people. You need to have some level exposure to something if you want to bicker about it. Other wise it would be 'it went to complete shit in season 3, dropped'. Why take myself out of the discussion completely when I do enjoy the books.

This is not the first or last adaption I will foam at the mouth about, it happens every fucking year with something I've enjoyed.

As for the other hobby suggestions, why would I do that when I have this already?
>>
>>69007073
with D&D I'm surprised there was no cringey

>red woman: Dolorous the ritual will require several items I need you to go and get from the store rooms
>Edd knocks over a bag of salt on to jon by accident as he gets up from the table*
>dolorous edd: Oops, Damn I've spillt salt all over his corpse
>suddenly the fire which Davos was stoking gets out of control
>Davos: Coughing* argh I'm sorry my lady for all the smoke
>>
>>69006572
>>69006688
GRRM has said time and time again that he doesn't want anyone finishing the novels if he dies before they are finished (a la Robert Jordan). If he dies, that's the end of the novels
>>
Did anyone else think he was going to warg into ghost? It kept cutting to him and only then I realised how dumb that would have been.
>>
>>69007218
That shit was never introduced in the show. Melly will probably just randomly declare the fires told her Jon was the one.
>>
>>69007250

Game of Thrones is a pop culture phenomenon, there's no way those books go unfinished. Why does the fat fuck even care? He's going to be dead, he'll have no idea.
>>
>>69007258
I honestly thought the wolf was being cut to because meli ressed him into ghost

Until I realized how retarded it would be to have him warm into ghost because wtf is his purpose as a wolf
>>
>>69007290
Melly makes mention of the prophecy in season two, but I wouldn't trust D&D to make a point of it; none of the Night's Watch seemed upset about stabbing Jon, nor was there any Ser Patrek to have his bloody corpse thrown about.
>>
>>69007258
I don't think the show actually made Jon a warg like he is in the books. Bran is the only stark warg even though all of them have warg gifts in the books although Jon only wargs in his sleep, Sansa not at all since the death of lady. Arya wargs into some cats in braavos and has warg dreams all the time and bran of course is master warg.
>>
>>69007153
>talking out of my ass: the post
>>
File: 1462166599851.webm (2 MB, 1266x715) Image search: [Google]
1462166599851.webm
2 MB, 1266x715
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>69007250
He won't die until they're finished. I predict he'll die of heart attack, aneurysm, stroke etc. within a month of the last book being released but he'll finish it first.
>>
>>69007301
He probably has some specific point he's trying to make about how fiction has become wish fulfillment and he wants to return to a sense of "realism" even in fantasy. His stories would probably be perverted into exactly the same kind of wish fulfilling happy-ending bullshit and he'd hate it.
>>
>>69007258
>>69007394
During season 2 or 3, D&D said that only Bran is a warg in the show. They don't want to confuse the audience.
>>
>>69007426
He was a big guy for him
>>
>>69007218
LOL

I think D&D are just gonna make dany azor ahai though and ignore the whole 'fire consumes' part of being azor ahai and that you basically become a hollow, suffering shell of yourself.
>>
>Jon snows corpse had more screen time in one episode than tyrion did in two

People are surprised he was revived

Nevermind the books, all the foreshadowing about Jon last season would be enough and the trailer shoulda confirmed it

Btw

Why would Davis ask meli to revive stannis, not only can he not leave castle black without being killed/have 6 people killed on his conscience

To ride with meli for a day and a night to look for stannis body when it's pretty obvious that after he lost the battle he'd have been either mauled by wolves and carrion feeders or hacked at for fun by Ramsay

So who do think is burning on the Bolton cross anyways?

Theon, Sansa, rickon, umbers, roose?
>>
>>69007426
It's like popping bubblewrap
>>
>>69005561
Jon Snow is dead, it's a Targaryen Stark that rises from the grave. He is now free from his nights watch duty as it only ends in death.
>>
>>69005561
They're looking like psychics now. Every bad scenario the bookfags predicted seems to be happening.
>>
File: 13478485232498.png (743 KB, 525x752) Image search: [Google]
13478485232498.png
743 KB, 525x752
>>69005561
>Salt Throne
>>
>>69007523
>George actually finished the books years ago he just keeps rewriting them cuz book fags are ruining all his twists and endings
>>
>>69007426
They're showing a few things: 1. he's frightfully powerful, 2. he's unchained and unpredictable, 3. he's loyal as hell to Cersei.

He's big, but they've never shown him in action to prove his abilities. They want him to appear more threatening.
>>
>>69007500
He only asks the red woman to revive jon after the wildlings already break them out so that entire point is stupid. He is already free and would have no deaths on his conscience after leaving.

He hates blood magic and he barely knew jon snow at all.
>>
File: 1459832812953.jpg (54 KB, 945x574) Image search: [Google]
1459832812953.jpg
54 KB, 945x574
>>69005729
What if I gave up on watching and then came back after missing about 5 because I felt like I was missing out on the /tv/ threads?
>>
Yo bookfags, explain something to me.
> L+R+J
I get this, but... so what? Who is left alive who even remembers that far back? Who the hell would recognize that birthright?
>>
>>69007523
>bad
>>
I like the show, but man I cant deny the quality has been dropping with each season.

The first two episodes of the seasons 6 barely feel like Game of Thrones anymore ...
>>
>>69007591
>he's unchained and unpredictable

wut. He obviously went on Cersei's orders, he is an obeying machine. utterly loyal to Cersei. There would be no way he would know about that random dude unless she heard about him from cersei who heard from qyburn who is now the master of whispers.
>>
>>69007616
Is has more to do with the fact that Targ Jon could control the dragoons
>>
>>69005561

??????????

jon has been confirmed Azor Ahai reborn since like book 2, it was insanely obvious Mellisandre was going to give him the kiss of fire

get with the fucking times
>>
>>69006819
>being this full of shit
>>
>>69005729
>shows don't decrease in quality over time
>>
>>69005729
I really enjoyed the show up until the 5th though. Also always thought Jon was either going to be still alive at the start of TWOW or Melisandre would resurrect him.
>>
>>69007616
>his birthright

He actually still wouldn't have any because either way he's still a bastard. But it's probably just pretty dope knowing you're fathered by the most powerful family of the first men who first came to westeros and the targaryans, the most powerful and ancient dynasty in history who conquered all of westeros after the Andals. Targ blood also means he might ride a dragon.
>>
>>69007659
is controlling dragons genetic?
>>
File: Untitled.png (872 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
872 KB, 1920x1080
>>69005729

>mfw I just started watching
>show feels like it's full of pure fanservice
>literal reddit quotes
>that's what i do, i drink and i know things :^)

well meme'd
>>
>>69007659
...wha
I suppose it would be amusing and slightky brilliant if after years of plotting and betraying there are no clear winners except those who can control the now-huge dragons.
>>
>>69007426
NEVER say no to panda
>>
>>69007729
thats literally what he does faggot
>>
>>69007426
he was eavesdropping from under the table
>>
>>69007729
Why is show Tyrion getting more handsome with each season?
>>
>>69007616
It means that A he's a blood royal and can be legitimized by daenerys to become the heir to the throne since dany is barren

2 it means he's a candidate for prince that was promised

3 he gets a complimentary dragon
>>
File: 1385413185714.gif (499 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1385413185714.gif
499 KB, 250x141
>>69007218
>>
>>69007794
As a tvfag
Barren?
Prince promised?
>>
File: 2184302552_0536ea954c_b.jpg (390 KB, 686x1024) Image search: [Google]
2184302552_0536ea954c_b.jpg
390 KB, 686x1024
>i don't care about this show anymore
>>
Was anyone else annoyed at how easy it was to resurrect him? Just burn some hair and say the magic words.
>>
>>69007719
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCsx_OFEYH6tUn_-7b5bWcH37YSlnZsr4
>>
>>69007719
No, a number of commoners and bastards during the Dance could control them without necessarily any genetic disposition.
>>
>>69007828
She did say please.

She probably forgot to say that before which is why she thought it was so hard.
>>
>>69007826
Danny can't have babies she's barren

Her only babies she'll ever have are her dragons

She literally said that last episode wtf?
>>
>>69007828
>Just burn some hair and say the magic words.
That probably wasn't even necessary.
>>
>>69007828

Yeah I though she'd need to draw power from somewhere either by stabbing herself, fucking davos or smashing her gem but I guess not.
>>
File: 139897898741.png (836 KB, 595x631) Image search: [Google]
139897898741.png
836 KB, 595x631
>>69005561
Considering Kit can't act, how will he convey he is slightly different when coming back?
>>
>>69006687
Who does 'Lady Stonehead' refer to?
>>
File: 17865481662.jpg (44 KB, 525x400) Image search: [Google]
17865481662.jpg
44 KB, 525x400
>>69005561
I read the books, first three were pretty good or at least ok. The last two became more and more uninteresting and outright annoying the further I read.
I prefer the TV show.
>>
>people ticked off at how easy it was to ress Jon
>thoros did it literally 6 times to one dude by saying words, no hair burning
>>
>>69007925
Why did Beric have to sacrifice himself to save LSH then? I thought Thoros had the powers?
>>
>>69007904
Cat Stark, she was dumped in the river after the red wedding and Beric Dondarion found her and gave his own life to ressurect her. She then became a leader of the Brotherhood without Banners and started killing Freys.
>>
>>69007955
Probably because his soul was ripped 6 times, wasn't a priest, she was rotting take your pick
>>
>>69007955
She was dead for longer.
>>
>>69007965
he means it says stonehead instead of stoneheart
>>
>>69006834
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be 5 books, the last four were supposed to be two
>>
>>69007076
pretty cool Tbh. how do I into gardening without fucking up from the start?
>>
>>69008018

It was supposed to be 3 originally.

I have doubts it will even stay at 7, way too much still has to happen.
>>
>>69006168
I'd dare say it was bretty good
>>
>>69005561
I was hoping they would burn his body and once the flames receded he would be unburnt and awake. This revival was kind of a let down.
>>
anyone know if there's truth to the first 4 eps of this season being leaked?
>>
>ITT: Bookfags furiously denying they've been BTFO
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (6 KB, 195x225) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
6 KB, 195x225
I still enjoy the show a lot, I just don't like the fucking Sneks.
>>
>>69008103
poster here predicted everything that happened in the latest one, not sure about the next two
>>
>>69007250
Non-bookfag here, is there some immediate threat to his health aside from his size and age or is everyone just worried he'll die first because he's taking so long to write it? 67 seems a bit early to be publicly discussing what happens if he dies before he can finish.

Or is the problem that the book he's working on isn't even the last or something?
>>
File: game.jpg (75 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
75 KB, 600x400
>>69005561
Show has diverged from the books so much that there's really no point in watching it as an adaptation anymore. Just embrace the trainwreck.
>>
Why didn't Sansa fuck Theon's shit up for everything he did?

She hasn't grown one iota since the beginning.
>>
>>69007729
as dumb as Tyrions dragon scene was, I must say I enjoyed how Dinklage delivered his lines. He's a good actor
>>
>>69008003
If he's too dumb to make the connection I can't help.
>>
>>69008145
The fucking size of him at that age, man.

He's working on book 6 of 7, which may yet become 8. These books are also fucking massive.
>>
>>69008145

You see a lot of old, morbidly obese people?

They usually expire the quickest.
>>
>>69008107
>BTFOd by the least suprising plot twist ever
>>
File: Tor_Complete_MBotF_ebook_2014.jpg (181 KB, 658x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tor_Complete_MBotF_ebook_2014.jpg
181 KB, 658x1000
>>69008189
>He's working on book 6 of 7, which may yet become 8. These books are also fucking massive.

He's either meticulous as fuck or just lazy. Just look at something like Malazan series which also subscribes heavily to foreshadowing, multiple POVs and large casts of characters with interwoven plots. Erikson writes them like a madman.
>>
>>69007843
This is some advanced autism
>>
>>69007789

Dinklage is probly the most handsome dwarf on the planet. Kinda changes the character since book tyrion is fucking hideous
>>
>>69008274
It's good autism though.

(Not his best series BTW)
>>
>>69008271
He's both lazy as fuck and too focused on food descriptions and useless side characters.
>>
>>69008327
i love his food descriptions tbqh
>>
>>69005561
JON IS THE NEW STANNIS
STANNIS KEKS BTFO
STANNIS KEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: grid-cell-11060-1429827187-23.jpg (149 KB, 625x736) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-11060-1429827187-23.jpg
149 KB, 625x736
>>69007789
It's probably in his contract because he doesn't want to be yet another stereotypical dwarf character. And I imagine having to constantly CGI Tyrion's missing nose would've been a financial bottomless pit.
>>
>>69008271

He wrote himself into a corner in the last two books. Then realized he only has two books to finish all the different plots going on and he has no clue how to do it.

Maybe he wouldnt be in the shit if he didnt waste time on useless garbage like quentyn or didnt spend half of affc talking about food
>>
>>69007133

Maybe he realizes that Jon Snow is pretty honorable and a great leader and wants him alive maybe?
>>
>>69008382
How did he lose his nose in the books?
>>
>>69008473
Same way he got the scar in the series.
>>
>be a massively fat cunt
>do fuck all most of tthe time
>spent huge amounts of actual work time filling my books with food descriptions

GEE, I WONDER WHY EVERYONE THINKS YOU'RE A LAZY FUCK, GEORGE?
>>
>>69005828
>if it wasn't for bookfags they wouldn't have the slightest fucking clue
you know, except for the actor being on HBOs payroll and photographed on set
>>
Do you think zombie Jon can still get hard?
>>
>>69005828
Well, you would assume Beric and Thoros were introduced for a reason, but we all know D&D only did it because they were cool characters.
>>
>>69008606

When the show aired in burgerland did they show them in the "previously on got" thing?
>>
>>69008606
The whole point of Thoros and Beric is to create the Brotherhood and have Beric revive Catelyn into Lady Stoneheart tho. But then again they haven't mentioned since S3 I think? So that's another forgotten plotline.
>>
>>69008271
You could probably make a documentary studio on why, but he probably bit more than he chew. I don't know why he's limiting himself on just two books, though. I doubt whoever his publisher is would say no more books considering they're selling like crazy.
>>
>>69008606
You think most show watching people actually REMEMBER those two? Nigga, please.
>>
>>69007913
Why the hell would you post that picture here, bro? How's it related?
>>
I've bought and read the first three books. I'm not bothering with the rest until he finishes the fucking series.
>>
>>69005561
>Family Guy kills off Brian only to have him come back 2 episodes later
>Called opportunists

>GoT kills off Jon Snow only to have him come back 2 episodes later
>Called 10/10 tv
>>
>>69005561
This show is worse than coronation street writing-wise
>>
>>69008720
See you next week!
>>
File: b68a83b7b6cb49ba8aaf075dc102ec13.jpg (346 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
b68a83b7b6cb49ba8aaf075dc102ec13.jpg
346 KB, 1536x1536
show gone to hell this season. acting looks and sound bad and thing seems to move faster pace than usual
>>
>>69008655
Yea. Hopefully there will be three more long books. I fucking wish. In one book barely anything even happens often. And there needs to be time to properly develop it, hopefully have reunions and so on. With only two more, we'd get rushed introduction to ending. Series do that now.
>>
>>69008794
...seth rogen?
>>
>>69008794
>thing seems to move faster pace than usual
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>69008417
He would want Stannis alive more. If he really wants to resort to blood magic, then he'd go and fetch the body, even if he needs to collect it from Ramsay's hounds.
>>
File: jon.jpg (688 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
jon.jpg
688 KB, 2000x1334
>You're being a real Thorne in my sides
What did he mean by this?
>>
SO after rewatching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4O9IWLoABU

I'm convinced from last night's episode that the Jacqen guy or whatever his name is, is the girl and that there is some really crazy illusory shit going on besides them just having the capability to wear the faces of people.
>>
>>69008794
>Faster pace
>In Game of Thrones
>A bad thing
80% of the books and series is fucking filler get out of here.
>>
>>69005561
Over 9000
>>
>>69005561
Not as BTFO as euron=daario fags
>>
>>69008159
I wanted to get the spoilers since the show went past the books this season, but it's just a bunch of anti-climactic deaths with no context or emotional impact. At this point they're just introducing characters they forgot to introduce before, then having them stabbed 5 minutes later because they know they're going to die anyway.
>>
>>69008382
If he doesn't have a nose, then how does he smell?
>>
>>69008737
GoT wishes it was as good as Corry
>>
>>69008271
>>69008655
Martin had a HUGE TWIST prepared, that nobody would expect. Then everybody expected it, and he got buttmad, and denied this was it, and wrote in another direction.
Now he has no idea what to do, since he moved away from his original plan, and things dont fit.
>>
>>69009220
you are dead kiddo
>>
Why is there a motherfucker on the preview dual wielding like hes Kingdom hearts character
>>
All these responses saying this plot was predicted years ago make me laugh. You faggots point to one theory you actually got right but you will never hear about the other thousand you completely fucked up.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and when you have 200 theories on who is a Targ alone you are bound to get one of them right.
>>
>>69007426
He's punishing the non believers.
GET HYPE
>>
>>69009352
>Implying
Nigger please everyone knows Jon Snow is just Daenerys with a cock and has been for the longest fucking time. Those two are the bread and butter mary sue characters of the series.
>>
>>69009352
Apparently one clock was right, and its alarm was loud enough to have Martin move into a nonsensical direction and write himself into a corner.
I guarantee that when he does finish the series, there will be many dead ends, many holes and problems that hint at him rewriting the plot.
>>
this season sucks donkey ballz
>>
>The Fire Magic didn't awake the Targaryen side of his bloodline

I was hoping Jon's hair would turn white and he'd end up looking like Rhaegar
>>
>>69009352
Literally everyone entertained that there was a strong chance he wasn't dead.

It's the same is his parents being lyanna and rhaegar. Most people believe it's true, but not everyone - but everyone thinks it's a possibility.
>>
Does GoT follow DBZ rules where because Jon was wrecked he's now given a boost to his power level?
>>
>>69009472

no, if you recall that dude who kept getting revived in The Brotherhood without Banners said every time he came back he left a piece of himself behind
>>
>>69008168
Not true, season 1 Sansa would have had Theon sent to the principal's office to have him expelled.
>>
>>69009555

but did he mean like, emotionally?

maybe people think of the resurrected as some type of undead and outcast them

i doubt he will have long running issues that aren't wrapped up in a few episodes, or at most the season.
>>
>>69009555
Red Lady is a much better witch though
>>
>>69009596

perhaps, but even so Jon will probably be exactly the same as he was before he died.
>>
>>69009319
Which twist was this?
>>
>>69009319
what was that plot twist?
>>
>>69007736
That's what happened when Aegon The Conquerer first came to Westeros
>>
>>69008121
ditto, desu
>>
>>69009660
Jon Snu was the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna
>>
>>69009660
>>69009673

It could be any number of twists:

>the Others are actually spirits of the weirwoods making new bodies for themselves to escape their torment
>Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna
>Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne

There are too many to count, and he seems to think he's a special snowflake with the greatest imagination ever. When everyone else figures out what he's doing, he has a hissy fit and just kills off the entire plot in a mundane way.
>>
>>69005688
>>69005810
>>69006105

Nobody is triggered by you. You're embarrassing and cringe inducing. You're a tryhard dipshit parrot.
>Did you drop $30 to watch a movie you hated and get fatter with a tub of salt and butter with a gallon of sugar water to wash it down you fucking retard
>Good goy keep paying theater prices, buy some popcorn too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGVY-xVaSQ
It's a cable tv show that most people torrent. What in the fuck? What medications aren't you taking?
>>69006122
Are you a book reader or not? The Sand Snakes have existed for over a decade. Dorne was The Feminist Kingdom since AGOT. If you read the fucking books you wouldn't be triggered by the fucking show NOW, as if it's "appeasing the sjw/diversity crowd" and not "playing out the fucking story."
> It's pretty sad lol
You're pretty stupid. lol.

Back to the YouTube comment section you fucking retard.
>>
>>69009673
>>69009660
The most basic and obvious ones, as always.
That Tywin's children arent his own and are Targs, except the Imp. That was set up, people noticed, George abandoned the idea.
That John Snow is Rhaegar's son and a Targ, and not Eddard's son. This was set up, people noticed, and George abandoned the idea.

If you re-read the books you can see many such scenarios set up to be the BIG TWEEST, but they are so obvious that people notice them, and Martin decides that he will do some other twist instead. The plot has been rewriten more times than I've had sex.
>>
>>69009717
>>69009745
>>69009762

wait did germ confirm that R+L =/= J?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.