[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he care about John Snow again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 7
File: Davos_Seaworth_(S05E01).jpg (813 KB, 1633x2210) Image search: [Google]
Davos_Seaworth_(S05E01).jpg
813 KB, 1633x2210
Why does he care about John Snow again?
>>
For the realm! Westeros looks like a cartoon witch.
>>
>>69004541
He reminds him of his son.
>>
he's his father
>>
Because he sees that Jon Snow is capable of uniting and leading everyone against the walkers
>>
>>69004618

has davos even seen the white walkers senpai?
>>
>>69004673
>implying that matters at all

He knows they exist and he knows where the real war is.
>>
>>69004541
He knew the Starks were honest and good to a fault. Being that he became Lord commander at such a young age and with so little experience and also seeing what lengths he was going to for the good of the realm he earned his trust and respect.
>>
>>69004541
What is more jarring is his sudden warmth and care and concern for Melisandre. Shouldn't he fucking garote her for leading Stannis to ruin?
This season fucking sucks so far.
>>
>>69004541
he needs a leader
>>
because davos is based and he knows jon is pretty based too
>>
because stannis respected him enough to not burn him alive
>>
>>69004541

Because Jon a cute
>>
File: got smile optimism.png (560 KB, 732x555) Image search: [Google]
got smile optimism.png
560 KB, 732x555
>>69004541
He's looking for a new bf now that Stannis is dead.
>>
File: jon pepe.png (72 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
jon pepe.png
72 KB, 500x338
>>69004593
But his son was a whiny faggot... oh wait.
>>
>>69005352
He doesn't know it was her fault and she isn't stupid enough to tell him.
>>
>>69004541

Because Jon holds all the traits that he respected in Stannis. Loyalty, Integrity, and Conviction. Before you greentext me and reference Shireen, remember Stannis' words in Season 2: "A good act does not wash out the bad, not the bad the good."
>>
>>69007081
/thread
>>
>>69007382

>not the bad the good

Fuck, the line was "nor the bad the good." You guys know what I was referencing, hopefully.
>>
He doesnt have anything else to do
>>
>>69007382
So let's get this straight. The King, he followed for so long, is dead. And the Lord Commander he shared a single scene with is also dead. So who does he choose to resurrect? The nobody bastard Lord Commander, of course.
>>
>>69007452
>So who does he choose to resurrect?

They don't have Stannis' body.
>>
>>69007382
I don't agree with the way the show went with Davos, but this is correct. Melisandre even mentions in the books how similar Stannis and Jon are.
>>
Both Targaryens
>>
>>69007452
why didn't melly sanders just put the magic necklace on stannis?
>>
Because game recognizes game. Davos is based, and he knows Jon is based.
>>
>>69007468
What's your point? This is Davos, going by his character from the last seasons, he'd want to make a temporary deal with Thorne to defend against the Boltons and go fetch Stannis' body.

>>69007533
Another good question.
>>
>>69004541
stannis showed him some respect and offered to make him warden of the north basically if he backed stannis by making him a stark not a snow bastard

as such he went to the wall to get help and knows the other guy wont help and only those loyal to jon would even think of it
>>
>>69007452
m8 Stannis doesn't die in the books, Jon does. They still roughly follow the books while doing all kinds of retarded shit around it, so the reason they resurrect Jon is because story-wise only his death matters. Stannis should still be alive, but he isn't, so he is just more or less erased from the story.
>>
Now that based jon is back will stanniscucks finally fuck off ?
>>
>>69007585
>he'd want to make a temporary deal with Thorne

He never really got that option. Thorne planned to kill him and the Nightswatch that recovered Jon's body anyway.
>>
>>69007992
>Thorne planned to kill him

Nope, Thorne only wants to kill him because he's with the Jonautists. He has no in-character reason to care about Jon or his autists.
>>
Because he read the script
>>
>>69007201
awww :3
>>
>>69004541
Because he saw the rampant dragon in the blood in the Johnny snow.
>>
>>69008060
>He has no in-character reason to care about Jon or his autists.

Other than the fact that Davos has a sense of integrity and Thorne is a gutless traitor piece of shit?
>>
>>69008163
His main character motivation should be figuring out what the fuck happened to Stannis, Selyse and Shireen. Those are the main people he cared about until Jon's mary sue aura did his magic on him.

Yes, Mary Sue. Mary Sues get people who normally don't care about them to notice them and focus their life around them even if they've ever previously had nothing to do with the mentioned Mary Sue.
>>
>>69008283
>His main character motivation should be figuring out what the fuck happened to Stannis, Selyse and Shireen

Oh I get it, anything less than Melisandre telling Davos directly to his fucking face that they're all dead isn't good enough for you.
>>
>I have never had anything but contempt for Melisandre's magic tricks but hey let me just suggest that she resurrects Jon Snow whom I have always cared so much about that I'd die for him

t. Davos D&Dborn
>>
>>69008311
He would want to know how, why and when. Because he never fucking trusted Melisandre, he always thought she was full of shit, and this was proven with Stannis failing to take Winterfell.
>>
>>69008363

You do realize he has more immediate problems right? Like how the fuck he's going to get out of Castle Black. Or how he's going to spend five fucking days snooping around an area of forest less than a mile from Winterfell by himself?
>>
The dumb thing is it wouldn't be hard to make it make sense. One of Jon's friends is the one taking charge of the situation and Davos who is sitting in a corner it something just suggests to him that Melisandre is a witch and might be able to revive him.
>>
>>69008738
That isn't a factor anymore since wildlings marched in and saved them all. There is literally no more risk, nor would he care to bring back Jon from the dead. Face it, Jon's a Mary Sue. An even bigger one in the show than in the books.
>>
>>69004541
he should be more sad about his cunnyfu being ded
>>
>>69004541
he is the embodiment of the fans.
>>
>>69008929

So what you're saying is that you think Davos marching to Winterfell from the wall to search for Stannis' corpse "isn't a factor" when the battlefield was within spotting distance of Winterfell's towers?
>>
>>69009250
He wouldn't straight on march to Winterfell, he'd interrogate Melisandre. Depending on what she says, he'll gather a few remaining Stannis loyalists (there's still his navy around) and go search for the body to use blood magic. Davos and other Stannisfags' only motivation was Stannis fucking Baratheon himself, and if there's still a chance to put him on the throne then they'll fucking use blood magic on him instead of Jon.

Plus did you Jonautists forget about the Brotherhood without Screentime? It was specifically mentioned that a dude was literally brought back from being eaten alive, smashed into the ground and so on. As long as you have some form of a body, it isn't an issue.
>>
>>69004541
So the plot can progress
>>
He likes to latch onto strong people and serve them like the dyke knight, but in an advisor way instead of swords. Jon must have made a good impression, I guess, I can't remember.
>>
>>69004541
Because he is Sean Connery.
>>
>>69007609
What actually happens? is jon dead waiting for next instalment for resurrection/closure because my book reader friend said he wasn't dead last year at end of s5
>>
>>69009445
He literally only shares a single scene with him and they barely talk.
>>
He isn't even mad that Shireen is dead.

Fuck off D&D
>>
>>69007280

>Doesn't know it was her fault that he burned his daughter alive which caused all his men to turn on him when he tried to continue his quest without food into the northern winter all because she said a god in the fire told her he is Azor Ahai
>>
>>69008163

>Thorne
>gutless

couldn't pick a word more wrong to describe Alliser Thorne.
>>
Why is Davos being nice to the woman who openly blamed him for the deaths of thousands of men and his own son?
>>
>>69010035
Davos doesn't know about that, he was at Castle Black waiting for Jon to get stabbed so he could be relevant to the plot again
>>
>>69004541
Both of their mothers are called Lyanna
>>
He doesn't need to care about him. He knows magic is real and this was his chance to see how far it can go. Jon=dead body & potential ally=good magic subject
>>
>>69009354

I'm not really sure if getting Stannis back would accomplish anything. His army is in ruins and people won't trust him after the shittiest display of warfare that was the assault of Winterfell.

With Jon you at least have the wildling army and Castle Black on your side.
>>
>>69011318
These are supposed to people, with motivations and aspirations. They're not meant to be cardboard cutouts who do shit that's 'strategical'. And no, aside from being a Mary Sue, Jon has got nothing going for him. He isn't a proven battle commander. Davos is also fighting to put Stannis on the Iron Throne, Jon has no claim to that throne.
>>
>>69009354
stannis is dead you cuck, and everyone who followed him either abandoned him when they realized he was a cuck, or marched to their death at winterfell.

is the north going to rally behind a stark, or some southron who nobody liked even in the south? seriously i thought it was just an unfunny meme stannutists were spamming that bringing him back would change anything but some of you are actually really that invested in a shitty character played by a mediocre actor who didnt give two shits about the show and who none of the people he worked with even gave one word of praise after he was killed off unlike "jon", joffrey, or ros the whore
>>
>>69011519
>is the north going to rally behind a stark
Davos doesn't give two shits about the North.
>>
>>69011476

Yes, and the situation has changed drastically. I agree that Davos should've shown more concern for Stannis and and less trust for Melisandre,

But if he's going to respect Stannis's memory, he'll do what's wisest. Bringing Stannis back only because he's personally devoted to him is not wise.

What's he gonna do, he has no army and thei others are breathing on their neck. Everyone's just gonna go "Fuck off already Stannis!" even if he is resurrected.

If someone can rally people behind a cause right now it's Jon.
>>
>>69011590
assuming davos wants revenge for stannis and his army getting fucked by the boltons, jon and the wildlings are his only hope.

at this point though he seems to just be a sellsword who cant even fight that good though.
>>
>>69004541
>>69009250
why was he not at the battlefield with Stannis again? don't remember
>>
>>69011745
Stannis sent him to recruit the Nights Watch which went about as you'd expect.
>>
>>69005352
>warmth and care

>literally is in a life or death situation where he feels he needs to call upon the aid of the only person who can make a difference with magic
>>
>>69011653
Bruh he's the hand of the king doing everything he can to save the kingdom. Jon Snow, leader of the the Night's Watch AND the wildlings, and last remaining known Stark, is a crucially important person to want alive to be able to unite the North and the Kingdom against the others
>>
>>69007452
Because Stannis doesnt have a huge female fan base.
>>
>>69005352
>witnessed her birthing a murderous shadow demon to destroy Stannis' enemies
>You taught me to believe in Miracles!
Yeah this season is fucking terrible.
>>
because if jon snow wins he can pretend he was stannis adopted son and become king
>>
>>69004541
He's a targaryen
>>
>>69007452
So he should borrow a Sand Snek teleporter to go get it?
>>
>>69004618
>capable of uniting and leading everyone
>not the one that broke the night's watch

Jon Snow is the worst lord commander in history
>>
>>69016463
It's not Jon's fault that they spreged out on him.
After Hardholm, it was the objectively correct choice to make
>>
>>69005352
To be fair she didn't do it deliberately and he's aware enough to realize that.
>>
>>69008817
This. Davos could have easily muttered something about "that red witch" being the start of all his problems, Dolorous Edd could overhear that mutter and go convince Melly to bring his best friend and lord commander back to life. That would make infinitely more sense.

To have Davos spend his entire time in the story being against the red woman and her magic all of a sudden be okay with it for some guy he just met is lazy writing. This is what you get when the TV show gets past the books. TV is made to provide quick gratification and that often means lazy writing. This problem would not exist if the 6th book had already been written.
>>
>>69016463
found the thorne supporter
>>
>>69011809
Well that's what Stannis told him.
He probably didn't expect them to help, he just didn't want Davos to see him burn the little girl.
>>
File: 1450259957868.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450259957868.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>69017419
>This problem would not exist if the 6th book had already been written.

Where have you been the past 5 seasons?
>>
>>69007609
>Stannis should still be alive, but he isn't, so he is just more or less erased from the story.

The actor kept complaining Stannis wouldn't do half the shit the writers are making him do. As a result the writers figured it'd be easier to kill Stannis than put up with someone who understands the character.
>>
>>69017617
Of course, there are other inconsistencies with the book throughout the series, but none as character breaking as this one. Davos literally had an entirely new personality all of a sudden last night.
>>
>>69017708
Davos has always been able to adapt.

Red witch consort?

Ok

Get my fingers cut off?

Ok

Lost my son?

Ok
>>
>>69017758
What benefit is there in him accepting Melly's magic, which he has always been adamantly against, to bring back a guy who he just met?

Apparently Davos is transcendent and can now adapt to the whims of all of Jon Snow's fan girls in the real world now.
>>
>>69017758
He adapted to these things because he loved his friend and king, Stannis. He didn't just accept them willy-nilly.
>>
>>69007452
Because Stannis is alive
>>
>>69017878
>>69017920
Davos cares about being a good man, he sees this as being a good man.
>>
>>69018113

I take it you missed the whole scene where Roose asks Ramsay who killed Stannis?
>>
Why can nobody convincingly justify motivations for actions by the characters anymore?
>>
>>69018172
>Davos cares about being a good man, he sees this as being a good man.
Fucking this, its when he let Gendry go and he asked Davos "why?" and Davos replied "because its the right thing to do" or something like that.

Jon is the only one truly wanting to fight the WWs and Davos knows the oath. Jon being dead and coming back to life means he might be able to unite the North.
Davos does it because its for the greater good.
But you stannis fags can see it as a revenge for stannis.
>>
>>69018172
You call that an explanation?

He also sees being against the red woman's magic as being a good man. Being an good, honorable man, he wouldn't compromise one for the other.
>>
>>69018386

Unless the writing got lazier than it already was since it doesn't have the guidance of the books anymore.
>>
>>69004541
He doesn't. It's called bad writing
>>
>>69018386
He learned she was just a woman, meaning she was like anyone else which is how he was able to approach her and talk to her now.
>>
>>69018680

>He learned she was just a woman

"Excuse me, Mellisandre, now that I know you're just a regular woman, will you bring this guy back from the dead? You know, like all regular women can do?"

Makes perfect sense...
>>
File: i have no idea what i'm doing.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
i have no idea what i'm doing.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>69017675
http://winteriscoming.net/2016/03/16/stephen-dillane-stannis-admits-he-didnt-enjoy-game-of-thrones/
>I understood neither the series nor its success when I was a part of it.
>For a role like it to me, I must get interested… which was not really the case.

Dillane didn't even know what was going on half the time, he certainly didn't "understand the character"
>>
>>69018737
She was a woman in the sense that she could make mistakes and that she was honest in what she was doing as Davos was.

They were BOTH trying to do what was right and good. He recognized that about her despite an zealotry that flavored her. She wasn't doing it for herself or out of her own dark designs, but because she thought she was doing right and good.

So he was able to talk to her as one person that believes in doing what is right to another.
>>
File: 1434268294332.jpg (302 KB, 680x1022) Image search: [Google]
1434268294332.jpg
302 KB, 680x1022
>Everyone immediately forgets Stannis and Shireen existed

I blame Robert and Renly for this. There's probably going to be parades in their honor next episode just because, then they'll cut to a shot of a snow bear taking a shit on Stannis' corpse.
>>
>>69017708
>but none as character breaking as this one

Stannis burning his own daughter and only heir does ring a bell?
>>
>>69020482

That isn't a 180 degree change in his character. His faith in Melissandre, his conviction about being king, etc. all make it conceivable that he would be capable of doing that, whether we agree with the writing of it or not.

Davos, on the other hand, is a character who has been built on a foundation of honor and hating the red woman and her magic since he was first introduced. And then in one episode he totally reneges on that? For the life of a strangeer?

I wanted Jon Snow to come back as much as the next person, but not in some lazy ass, inconsistent way. Without the guidance of the books this is becoming just another typical TV show written for instant gratification for higher ratings.
>>
>>69007585
Stannis was too far gone. He died because he was stubborn and arrogant and burned his daughter alive in the process.
Jon was killed by ignorant, stubborn traitors for doing the right thing. He deserves to come back more.
>>
>>69020992
Hello Redit.
>>
>>69020482
>>69020908
Neither Davos nor Stannis' actions were out of character.

I dunno why you all keep viewing this as if the world wasn't a couple weeks from ending.
>>
>>69005352
I thought davos still thinks stannis is alive
>>
>>69021069
Nigga I liked Stannis. I'm just saying from Davos' point of view.
>>
>>69021101
I haven't even watched S6, and from what I'm being told I know already that D&D don't care about consistency anymore. As someone wrote earlier it's all about instant gratification, ''empoweing'' STRONK WYMYN'' message, for ratings and money. They're not concerned about telling a good story anymore.
>>
>>69021217
lmao, you haven't even watched it but feel the need to spout your dumb fucking hivemind shit.

what a retarded faggot.
>>
>>69021217

I have watched it and I am the guy who said it's about instant gratification and you are right. Thanks.
>>
>>69018782
That's just a polite way to call out D&D as hacks, as the character went full bipolar in the show.
>>
>>69021287
>people have a unified opinion that the latest two episodes of S6 GoT is shit
>L-LOL YOU'-YOU'RE JUST A H-HIVEMIND F-FAGGOT!!!"

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>69004541
Because Ser Davos is a decent straightforward man of strong moral fibre that does the right thing.

Ser Davos is the kind of guy that stops to help a total stranger change a tire.

Ser Davos is the kind of guy secretly gives a ton of money to charities but never tells anyone about it.

Ser Davos is the kind of guy to adopt stray cats.

Ser Davos would invite you to his house to spend thanksgiving with his him and his family if he thought you didn't have anywhere else to go.
>>
>>69021440
shit b8, please kill yourself
>>
>>69021503
nice argument captain autismo
>>
>>69021547
worse b8
>>
If Jon had the high ground would he had lived?
>>
>>69021656
If I pull your memes off, would you die?
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.