[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mlg/ - Max Landis General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: max landis.jpg (51 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
max landis.jpg
51 KB, 650x487
Chronicle > Victor Frankenstein > Mr. Right > American Ultra

Has anyone seen Me Him Her? Is it any good? thinking about pirating it but quirky modern romance movies really aren't my thing.

I'm actually really excited for Dirk Gently though, it was my favorite Douglas Adams book when I went through that phase in high school so I hope he does a good job running the show.

Is he writing Pokemon?
>>
His vision of the film industry 30 years from now is legitimately horrifying.
>>
someone post it
>>
>>69003875
I like him but Me Him Her was fucking awful, dont watch it if you want to keep a good opinion if him
>>
>>69003875
Everything that isn't Chronicle is God-fucking awful. Chronicle isn't even that great.
>>
These threads have to be started by Max, because there's no way someone else thinks this fucking freak is talented in any way.
>>
>>69003875
I feel like he's an okay guy that has a lot of great info about the entertainment industry. That being said, everything he makes is garbage.
>>
someone post it.

you can't blue ball me like this. I need my release.
>>
>>69004063
I really liked his youtube video about The Death of Superman. The fact that something he wrote, directed and narrated made me laugh consistently for 20 minutes bodes well for his TV show.

I just really, really don't want him to fuck up that book.

>>69004002
>>69004141
Do your part to save unoriginality in shitposting
>>
>>69004002
>>69004141
Post what?
>>69004080
Agreed.
>>
>>69004428
>>69004508
you know exactly what I mean when I say post it.

what gets posted in EVERY max landis thread?
>>
>>69004571
post IT yourself you FAGGOT
>>
>>69004632
post it post it post it post it post it post it post it
>>
His whiny rants on RLM made me want to break his face. His films are shit and so is he. The apple has fallen very far from the tree.
>>
>>69003875
he gets so much shit but he actually takes the bantz pretty well
gotta respect him for it
>>
>>69003875
>All those flops
Jesus! How does he still have a career
>Landis
Oh right
>>
>>69004669
and you reddit leddit memedia redditors are cancer. don't think you belong here and that you're accepted because you're not. we all know the mods take money so they can advertise their shit here
>>
>>69004837
Go to bed Max.
>>
I heard he's working on a Candle Cove film which really caught my interest.
>>
Max is one of us.

Max "Our Guy In The Sky" Landis
>>
>>69004837
>reddit leddit memeia

im a steal this lmao
>>
hes a shittty annoying faggot
>>
He's directing Pokemon.
>>
He ruined those RLM episodes he was on with his cringy behavior
>>
>>69005056
All RLM is cringey.
>>
>>69004002
>>69004571
>>69004657
Max "Children Chopper" Landis
Max "Free chopper rides" Landis
Max "Helicopter Haircut" Landis
Max "my dad is a helicopter parent" Landis.
Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
Max "get to the choppa" Landis.
Max ''slaughter them all'' Landis
Max "Heads will Roll" Landis
Max "Dad wanted me to get a head" Landis
Max "Nebrotism" Landis
Max "Fly Lower" Landis
Max "Get to the Choppa" Landis
JOHN 'CHOP THE TOP AND WATCH EM DROP' LANDIS
John "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "kid clipper Jr." Landis
Max "son of the flying guillotine" Landis
Max "fly low, sweet chariot. daddy's gonna cut off your head" Landis.
John "full body bris" Landis
Max "Slicer and Dicer, with a side of rice-er" Landis
Max "uptomyknees in the blood of two kids and a guy" Landis
Max "If there's an epicanthic fold, put them in the ground cold" Landis
Max "China Syndrome" Landis
Max "Stunt double? Just hire twins" Landis
Max "How do I get this helicopter to" Landis
Max "I can't" Landis
Max "Spin around, and Cut them Down" Landis
max "my dad killed people" landis
Max 'pop their top like ol pop' Landis
Max "I suck dick while my dad kills for kicks" Landis
Max "Kids aren't bad helipads" Landis
Max "My dad directed Blues Brothers and loves crying Vietnamese mothers" Landis
Max "how do I" Landis
Max "Twilight Zone is covered with children's bones" Landis
Max "They broke my fall, but it killed them all" Landis
Max "i feel glad when i kill jennifer jason leigh's dad" Landis
Max "kid killing yid" Landis.
Max "Yellow peril" Landis
Max "gleefully spins propeller penis to Landis hate" Landis
Max "Death from above" Landis
Max "Asian Abrasion" Landis
Max "daddy thinks it's alright as long as the chinks die at night" Landis
>>
>>69005315
That's not what I meant when I said 'post it'.
>>
>>69005348
Well fuck you then
>>
File: 1460734628073.jpg (143 KB, 984x734) Image search: [Google]
1460734628073.jpg
143 KB, 984x734
>>69005315
>Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
>>
>>69005315
John "you know Jennifer? I'm gonna take her dad from her" Landis
>>
Max "No Sorrow For Morrow" Landis' career has already surpassed his father, John "Help I can't" Landis'.
>>
>>69004085
That's fair. I tend to agree with him more often than not on why a movie might or might not work, so if his career doesn't pan out I think he'd make a good critic. he posted a spiel on his twitter today about why Cloud Atlas is a well-directed movie and I agreed with it wholeheartedly

>>69004837
>>69005056
It was kind of endearing how starstruck he was by those hack frauds. he had some pretty good banter too

>>69004908
the internet says he's just producing. I wonder how much of his job will be technical work vs creative. Guy seems pretty busy considering he's personally running a TV show and has that movie with David Ayers coming up

>>69005024
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a movie director and write\direct a Pokemon movie. If Max Landis gets to live my childhood dream I will probably die of jealousy
>>
File: Jenniferjasonleighdis.png (623 KB, 940x642) Image search: [Google]
Jenniferjasonleighdis.png
623 KB, 940x642
>>69005464
>>
>Max Landis General

i hope you fucking die, and every single autist that joins in on loving this talentless son of a child murderer should join you in death as well. literally catch hepatitis while kissing your fat whore mother on the lips for mothers day because thats what you do, you kiss her on the lips you fucking sick fuck
>>
>>69004837
fuck off
>>
>>69005589
this, coming from a talentless son of a whore
>>
>>69005589
co-sign on this post from me.
I knew 4chan is shit as a whole, but c'mon
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 196x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 196x178
>>69003875
Max Landis is without a doubt the least talented screenwriter working in hollywood. If he were not son of John Landis he would have been blacklisted for having turned in so many shitty scripts that failed not only financially but also critically. Hes garbage on both ends of the spectrum. I wouldn't even mind him that much if he wanst a cunt who thinks hes better than everyone else and constantly critiques his peers in the screenwriting community, something that you dont often see other screenwriters do unless their nepotistic douchebags like Max (keith calder also comes to mind). That being said Max Landis's career boils down to this: he got lucky once by writing chronicle (a film i find grossly overrated) and has been riding the wave since then. His fathers connections in hollywood allow him to sell his toiletpaper scripts and he goes on being a nepotistic, autistic, and egotistical douchebag who is worth nothing as a screenwriter.
>>
>>69005985
>Max Landis is without a doubt the least talented screenwriter working
I haven't seen anything by Landis, I just come in for the jokes about his dad but I find that incredibly hard to believe.
>>
>>69006053
Apparently his dad was laughing at the court during Vic Morrow's trail
>>
>>69006053
>>69006053
Look at his filmography, or better yet try to sit through one of his films. He always comes through clutch with shitty stories and knockoff tarentino esque dialogue that makes his "films" unwatchable. I dare you to make it through american ultra without considering turning it off
>>
>>69005985
>he would have been blacklisted for having turned in so many shitty scripts that failed not only financially but also critically
Do you even know how Hollywood works? Nobody gets blacklisted for handing in shitty scripts, they get handed bigger and bigger franchises

like pokemon
>>
File: le movie man has had enough.png (652 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
le movie man has had enough.png
652 KB, 700x700
RLM has been on a steady decline for ages, but in most JUSTed hours, when my standards were lowest, I could still watch them and sometimes be entertained.

Mike's 180 from open mockery to open fellating of this nepotistic hipster faggot the second he hit Half in the Bag found the line and crossed it. I don't understand how any self-respecting person familiar with RLM could still be watching it. I can't even enjoy all my ebin screencaps anymore.

Mike's ass-licking will get him nowhere, because you just know Max is a spiteful little prick and will never forget the shit Mike gave him before they met. A few years from now, even RLM's core fanboys will wisen up to how much of a lazy, failed hack Mike really is, and the Patreon will start tanking. In his desperation, he's broken the illusion that he doesn't care, and shown what a depraved little faggot he'll be for any opportunity to get into the industry.

It's too bad, my list of good youtubers was already tiny.
>>
>>69006258
Usually this is the case if the films are sucessful. If you jand in a shitty script that makes tons of money, they want you to come in and write more shitty scripts to make more money. Landis has been handing in shitty scripts that make no profit at the box office, american uktra and frankenstein were both shit and huge financial bombs.
>>
>>69006326
jesus christ, you care way too much about this. also from what i remember of their video they seemed pretty awkward around max like they didn't like him. not sure what ass-licking there was, unless you count the common courtesy of not insulting him to his face?
>>
>>69004732
but he doesn't, he's always complaining and getting upset. He does do self depreciating humour (as if that's even a good thing), but he gets really defensive in the moment
>>
File: 82212.jpg (46 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
82212.jpg
46 KB, 620x374
>>69003875
dirk gently has already been done
>>
>>69006427
I became familiar enough with the channel to give it an analysis of its state and future. That doesn't mean I care, faggot. My interest in RLM waned and fizzled out with the events I recounted.

I watched a couple of episodes about Max's movies after he'd been on the show, and Mike was very careful not to critique them, though they were trash. Jay would be start tearing into it, Mike would backpedal and do a whole "it's not so bad" bit, Jay was confused as to whether he should nod along or keep chewing at it and did a bit of both.

You obviously didn't pay much attention, so I don't know how you think you're going to pick apart my autism, tbqh famulimus.
>>
>>69006658
a 4-episode series isn't the same as a full season tbqh
>>
Who is this faggot and why does he try to get himself into the wrestling business?
>>
shoo shoo jew cuck
>>
>>69004085

This. Fucking This
>>
>>69006718
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>69005315
>no Max 'Don't' Landis
>>
>>69008040
his dad is/was a rich hollywood jew. his dad also killed some kids
>>
I just realised that Max is the stereotypical jewish snake oil salesman. He keeps selling studios shit scrips simply by giving them a fantastic pitch.
>>
>>69003875
What is wrong with this man? Why is he dressed like a hipster Phoenix Wright?
>>
>>69003875

The only good thing he's ever done.

https://youtu.be/VYvMOf3hsGA
>>
>>69008286
>watch a Q&A with Max Landis on youtube
>says that the girls are either girls he dated or are his platonic friends
>he got to bang some of those qts
jdimsa
>>
>>69005315
Some of those are written twice
>>
>>69004746
He helped create a low budget film that grossed over a hundred million dollars. You can ride that shit for a long time in Hollywood. Hell look at the guy who made saw. At least with max he's trying to make other shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBQJ_APLRs

I sorta like his youtube videos. but most of the scripts or treatments he writes are pure garbage and he has a massive faggot haircut
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.