[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yara Greyjoy >actual strong femal character >commands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: yara_greyjoy.jpg (49 KB, 646x373) Image search: [Google]
yara_greyjoy.jpg
49 KB, 646x373
Yara Greyjoy
>actual strong femal character
>commands a fleet of men that respect her
>femenists say nothing

Sand Snakes
>weak girls
>killed their own cousin in cold blood for no reason
>feminists praise them for being strong female icons

What the hell is wrong with feminists
>>
File: 1451235819129.jpg (37 KB, 992x720) Image search: [Google]
1451235819129.jpg
37 KB, 992x720
>Yara
>>
They're slightly more retarded than you are, OP.
>>
Everyone hates the sneks. Even tumblr whales.

Except the qt one with the nice tits.
>>
>>69003778
no one likes the sand sneks, they're so fucking trash no one wants them

>you will never be pegged and made into Yara's salt wife

why live
>>
>>69003778
They have hatred in their heart
>>
>>69003778
The snakes are breaking down barriers by destroying the Patriarchy. They are the true heroes of Westeros, and don't forget the show's slogan.

ALL MEN MUST DIE!!!
>>
>>69004089
u triggered? yeah u triggered.
>>
>>69003778
It's a bummer that you aren't allowed to criticize the sand snakes, since there really are a lot of good "strong female characters." I mean, Brienne is fucking huge, at least it's vaguely believable that she could hold her own against men. Ygritte and Osha were good in their own ways as well. But the sand snakes are just fucking retarded.
>>
>>69004171
Brienne still wanted to work for a man though, and Ygritte was killed and Osha works for a man.
>>
>>69003778
>feminists praise them for being strong female icons

Do they? How far deep into feminist blogs did you have to delve to find that? Every GoT site I've seen universally hates them
>>
>>69004113
Don't talk down to me white male.
>>
>>69003778
shes ugly

thats why
>>
Westeros looks like a cartoon witch.
>>
>>69003778
>white

>brown
>>
>>69004675
dunno about that, the manner she presents herself, her accent, her everything put her above a lot of women for me
>>
>>69003778
Source on that? I'm not really up on the feminist 'journalists' take on GoT. I only know some threw a fit over there being more rape in the show than in the books, which I agree with, though I'd frame the problem with it differently.

I love Asha in the books. I don't think they even did her justice on the show... they toned down her prank on Theon big time, for example, to the point where some women were complaining Theon was degrading her... but in the book she's super bawdy and baits the fuck out of him when he flirts with her, and later when he's mad at her for it she gropes him. She played his game and beat him at it. No victim there.

I think the show does tend to give the female characters less guilt of their own and more victimization. Like Danny getting raped by Drago on the show when in the book he was gentle the first time, and the subsequent times when he was rough she hid the fact that it hurt and toughened up. Funny enough I respected her more when she was her brother's whore than what she became when Drogo was injured.

Over all, giving the females less guilt and making them bigger victims really takes away some of the depth and variety of characterization they have in the books. The tv versions are shallower expected archetypes instead of truly strong female characters.
>>
Yara is one of the very few decent female characters. She's not a pussy, has her own opinions and does what she thinks is right. She's more of a feminist role model than Daenerys at leat.
>>
>>69004990
Without a doubt.
>>
>>69003778
considering literally everyone hates the sneks, from reddit to tumblr, im pretty sure we're supposed to hate them.
>>
>>69005043
not to mention the villainous music when they struck last week. they still suck though
>>
>>69003778
Her name is ASHA, you goddamn screenshits.
>>
>>69003778
Reminder that this only happened in your head and if it didn't, you're a permacuck who's constantly monitoring feminist banter. What a sad sack of shit.
>>
>>69004733
thats why the feminazi dont like her
>>
>>69004788
Sure thing reddit.
>>
Cuz we be sexy vixens killing men and we have hot lesbian sex *proceeds to squat and piss in public while flashing tits*

Pretty much done with modern females.
>>
>>69003778
>What the hell is wrong with feminists
Sand Snakes are arabs and one of them is cute-looking and shows her breasts to hopeless idiot men (female empowerment).

Yara is white and kinda plain looking = MAN
>>
>>69004788
There is far, far less rape in the show than there is in the books. Small folk get raped and tortured ever few pages.
>>
>>69007178
I meant main characters. The smallfolk are just part of the setting, and rarely ever act as actual characters.
>>
File: got dog war.png (149 KB, 335x526) Image search: [Google]
got dog war.png
149 KB, 335x526
>>69003778
Scared of dogs though.
>>
>>69006929
Which part of Reddit? Red Pill? I take it you disagree with some part of my post? Are you apposed to discussion it's self? What is your deal?
>>
>>69003778
>Yara Greyjoy
>>actual strong femal character
>>commands a fleet of men that respect her
But how hairy is she?
>>
>>69007439
Yeah but, I'm not aware of there being any actual rapes in the show unless you consider what happened to Sansa with Ramsay and Cersei in the sept with Jaime that one time.
>>
File: 1434136633787.gif (68 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
1434136633787.gif
68 KB, 156x267
>>69003778
Allow me to pontificate about your question op. The reason feminists hate men is because most have been physically or mentally abused by men during some point in their lives. The rest have been conditioned by the abused to hate men like they do. Instead of blaming the individual they blame the group, it's a common mistake because when you associate with fellow women that have been abused your perception of men will be skewed in a negative fashion. Thus you see these groups of feminists acting like they do.
In their mind they are the victim and that is true to an extent for some because some were in fact victims to abuse so they are stuck in this mindset of fight or flight for the rest of their lives regardless of their current situation or standing.
This is why they associate more with the sand snakes because in their eyes its a mental fantasy of getting revenge and turning victim to prey.

TLDR; women are fucking dumb as shit and need to see a shrink, that's why.
>>
>>69007732
They portrayed Danny as unwilling and traumatized. I guess rape isn't the best descriptor. They made things seem less consensual in situations where they were completely consensual in the book, and I think that was intentional to make us feel sorry for the characters in question.
>>
But you are wrong and everyone hates the snad sneks
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.