[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hurr this scene didn't make sense! >HUR WHY IS RAMSAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: pMZdQrt4_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pMZdQrt4_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>Hurr this scene didn't make sense!
>HUR WHY IS RAMSAY BEING IRRATIONAL AND KILLING EVERYONE HE NEVER DID ANYTHING CRAZY BEFORE NOW!
>HURR WHY DIDN'T ROOSE FORSEE RAMSAY WOULD RANDOMLY KILL HIM AT THAT EXACT MOMENT!

You guys are really reaching for thing to get butthurt about now aren't you?
>>
what is irrational about patricide in this situation? it's extremely rational
>>
>>69001878
Ramsay is a human meme anyway, he's unstoppable
>>
Well, it's not Ramsey who's actions were irational, it was the actions of everyone else in reaction to him that was irrational. That is what most people seem upset with.

Also I think people are just getting tired of the writers' ham-fisted shock tactics. We expect him to do cruel things, but people get tired of it being framed like 'look, look, Ramsey is unstoppable and so super scary, look he does bad things, oh my, what will he think of next that everyone will do fuck all about?' It stopped being interesting and started getting stupid.
>>
>>69001878
When his father presented him with an actual threat like having a son he felt the need to end that threat early. It's totally understandable. All this anger is just from bookfags who have no power anymore.
>>
>>69001878
Except Roose wasn't having kids with Fat Walda for a reason
>>
I hated Theon, I thought he was annoying and I hate Alfie's weird gross face.
But fuck this mememan and what he did to him.
>>
>>69002233
I agree. The dog scene was just banal at this point.
>>
>>69002298
I really enjoyed Theon in the books and thought they cast him terribly for the show and dumbed down his lines. Seriously Alfie is a terrible fucking actor. In the books I can appreciate Theon and Ramsey as characters, but yeah, other than the torture scenes doing a good job conveying what Theon went through off-page in the book, I really think they've done badly with it. In the book Ramsey avoided death for his crimes by switching places with his servant he called Reek, allowing Reek to be killed and himself to be a prisoner. Theon meets Ramsey disguised as 'Reek' before he looses Winterfell, so when Ramsey turns Theon into the new Reek, there's a lot more symbolism behind it. I don't want to give you too many details because this was some great shit in the book... Ramsey had an animalistic cunning in the books. Theon's inner struggle and transformations through his ark so far are really great stuff as well. In fact I think Theon might be my favorite... I'm not done reading the books yet. He's not the mumbling awkward halfwit Alfie plays him as.
>>
>Ramsay is quite clearly not a rational and normal person
>Is obviously jealous of a potential new heir
>Turns out to be a boy
>Roose doesn't suspect anything
>>
>>69001878
Who the fuck are you even quoting, garbage boy?
>>
>>69001878
ramese will btfo that honorless bastard from the wall
>>
>>69004400
Roose thought the threat of an heir would keep Ramsay in line. As it had done for so many years before. Nothing was more important to Ramsay than his name. Because of this, he always followed Roose's command without fail. After Ramsay became a Bolton, Roose needed another device to keep Ramsay in line. The threat of an heir was that device.

That's the kind of game Roose was playing with Ramsay. That's why he went out of his way to mention "you will always be my first born". It was a lie. Because he has to give Ramsay something to hope for. Before threatening to take it away.

What Roose didn't anticipate, was Ramsay's desperation going that far. But Ramsay knew his father better than to fall for that lie.
>>
>>69004342
Well, I think the change in the characterization of book!theon to show!theon is quite intentional. They have to cast an actor that
1. is young
2. can be theon
3. can be reek
4. can be theon/reek, because identity crisis
which does not leave a lot of room for choices. So when they cast a guy that looks like alfie allen, they were forced to write theon as a weaselly loser rather than the suarve handsome guy in the book.
>>
>people are still trying to justify the shit writing
Rused by the Roose
>>
>>69001963
for me its how easy they made it for him to kill his father... no guards, no struggle, and all eye witnesses just conveniently go with it.... its the death of Doran from last week all over again... the writing just seems to be getting really lazy
>>
>>69005119
This is a big budget show, I don't think a little stage-makeup and hair coloring to pull off the changes would be too hard to accomplish.

My theory is that they made him more pitiful very intentionally so that people will feel sorry for him and they won't have to walk as fine a line during the taking of Winterfell scenes. It's a little easier to see Alfie Theon as a sad follower who panicked and did awful things out of desperation, so that we will have mixed emotions about his torture instead of just being like 'yeah, fuck Theon, he had this coming'. It's very lazy and avoids risk. Note that on the show they went so far as to have the sacking of Winterfell be Cleftjaw's idea instead of Theon's idea.

This undermines the whole narrative, though. Book Theon has a lot more impact because he has a lot more personal agency. He's not just swept up in the tide of other's plots. His choices and mistakes are his own and he owns them, once he gets past his denial. It's more of an emotional roller coaster for the reader, and is psychologically complex. I'm sad he wasn't brought to life on the show, and that people's opinions of him are tainted by the show.
>>
Literally 0 reason why Bolton citizens shouldn't riot and hang Ramsay
>>
>>69002233
Maybe they're specifically trying to portray Ramsay as hamfisted?
Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.
>>
File: tumblr_lve9dkQ6ZZ1qzmaw7.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lve9dkQ6ZZ1qzmaw7.png
10 KB, 300x300
>Ramsey just let's the Maester go and trusts him to tell everyone that lie he hold him
>>
>>69005971
Propaganda machine will bury the truth.
That and the maester(?) that witnessed it nearly shit himself empty.
>>
How many good men would Ramsay need to conquer Westeros? I'd say around 50 is a fair estimate
>>
THIS WRITING
H
I
S

W
R
I
T
I
N
G
>>
Roose is supposed to be incredibly smart and even crueler than Ramsay. This is the engineer behind the Red Wedding. There is no way, even in the show, that he should have been stupid enough to fall for that.

Not to mention he's an immortal skinchanger vampire bodysnatcher. He should be killed with a knife.
>>
>>69006229
That would be a waste of a good villain who pulled a pretty clever trick in the second book.

Intentionally writing a character to be a shit character still has the same result, and reflects on the writers just as badly.
>>
>>69006394
>implying he didnt wrag into tge karstark guy and will kill ramsay like the dog he is
>>
File: tumblr_md9r5nEkZz1qj6u7ro1_500.png (112 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md9r5nEkZz1qj6u7ro1_500.png
112 KB, 500x392
You can call me 'Ramsay the Roose Killer.' Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
>>
>>69006394

we didn't really get to see much of him desu
>>
File: got ramsay.jpg (35 KB, 296x417) Image search: [Google]
got ramsay.jpg
35 KB, 296x417
>>69001878
As if Roose wouldn't have someone to avenge him. And he would tell Ramsey to deter him from even attempting Roosicide.
>>
>>69006394
roose had to die so he could reincanate himself in sansas and ramseys baby then he gets to be a real stark ruling the north
>>
>>69006276
It's like you faggots just started to watch the show this season
>>
File: ciro.jpg (21 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
ciro.jpg
21 KB, 599x337
>>69007221
>there will never be a Cook like character on got killing sand snakes and stuff

why live?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.