[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[American Accent] Motoko: My name is Major Mow-tuko Koosa Naki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20
File: White Wash.jpg (40 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
White Wash.jpg
40 KB, 612x380
[American Accent] Motoko: My name is Major Mow-tuko Koosa Naki (Motoko Kusanagi). I am a cyborg made by the Shy Row (Shirow) corporation. I am a former member of Reek Koojo G Aye E Tie (Rikujō Jieitai) and now serve with the Koh An Cuek Ka (Kōan Kyūka). I left my unit in Koh An Cuek Ka (Kōan Kyūka) to become a private contractor. The unit consisted of me, Bat Toe (Batou), Toe Goose Ah (Togusa), Ai She Kah Wa (Ishikawa), Say Toe (Saito), Puss (Paz), Bore Maw (Borma), and As Zoo Maw (Azuma). Now we are fay sing gu (facing) an enemy threat like never before. Even more dangerous than the legendary Neen Gih Yo Zook Kai (Ningyō-zukai). They will stop at nothing to destroy Hawn Kah (Hanka) Robotics. This is my story. I am the Koo Kak Cue Key Dough Tay (Kōkaku Kidōtai).
>>
File: bot.jpg (34 KB, 471x246) Image search: [Google]
bot.jpg
34 KB, 471x246
You know they already made a ScarJo Shell in Japan

>Inb4 WHY ISN'T SHE JAPANESE?
>>
>>69001125
I support this casting choice sorely for the fact that it makes weebs and sjws go apeshit
>>
This is going to be so fucking bad
>>
Daily reminder that japs are ok with scajo to be in the movie. Anyway it's gonna be shit
>>
>>69001548
>Daily reminder that japs are ok with scajo to be in the movie

Why is this relevant? The movie is American made.
>>
File: yamaki risa.jpg (126 KB, 500x719) Image search: [Google]
yamaki risa.jpg
126 KB, 500x719
>>69001125
The only people who bitch about the white characters in this movie are white sjws and non-jap asian sjws who act and sound white. the latter tend to think they know a lot about their culture(chinese, korean or whatever the fuck) because they are asian when in fact they know about that shit as much as the average white person in america because they have been europeanized.
>>
>SJWs whine about casting a white actress to play an "asian"
>Motoko is not even asian in the original movie
>She's just a brain inside of a cyborg body

Thank god I watched this movie again a few weeks ago
>>
>>69001593

Because American SJWs said it was wrong because it was disrespectful to the Japanese. But then the Japanese turned around and said "Yeah, she's the best choice." Even the creator said he liked it.
>>
File: MOTOKO.gif (957 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
MOTOKO.gif
957 KB, 500x266
I am ok with this if they put a good effort in visuals and action.

but we know it's all going to be mediocre.
>>
>>69001658
Ah, I know that face. The every so beautiful Yam Mawki Ressa.
>>
>>69001125
more like

>Kate Rose
>I pilot the Evangelion Robot No 4
>>
>>69001680
>said it was wrong because it was disrespectful to the Japanese

No, they said it was wrong because it was a perfect chance to give Asian American actors a large role. Nothing to do with Japanese people.
>>
>>69001593
If they don't take offense, neither should OP, which is a fag.

At this point I just don't know anymore. SNK was supposed to be a racially diverse cast, they just used nips and it was godawful. So I guess we can't win with adaptations.
>>
>>69001125
Why don't you go and watch some hentai with your pillow girlfriend
>>
I just cant take Scarjo seriously as the Major.
>>
>>69001419
I'm a weeb and I'm fine with it.
>>
File: wheres m night shyamalan.jpg (1 MB, 980x2035) Image search: [Google]
wheres m night shyamalan.jpg
1 MB, 980x2035
>I was trained on the summet of... ughhhhh... mount... shin...pa...hatsu...datsu...matsu...batsu...gakurenkai.

>>69001692
>mediocre
that's putting it lightly
>>
>>69001125
>dat greeko roman nose for an asian character
>>
>>69001125
*record sker atsh (scratch)*
You're probably one dooreng (wondering) how I got here
>>
>Jew
>White
Jews are Semites from the Middle East. If Jews are white, then Arabs are white also.
>>
File: 1380935828832.jpg (22 KB, 427x465) Image search: [Google]
1380935828832.jpg
22 KB, 427x465
>>69001125
>Now we are fay sing gu (facing)
>>
>>69001421
if the movie follows the animated first film frame by frame then it will be super awesome.

>but I doubt we will see Scarlet's boobs and completely nude as the character is presented in animation
So that sucks
>>
>>69001680
not everyone in Japan likes anime.

Would you give a shit if China was making an adaptation of Dora the Explorer with a Chinese girl instead of a Mexican?
>>
>>69001125
HOL UP
*plugs in*
YOU SAYIN
*uploads*
WE SUM FINNA
*jews*
ANIME SKWAD
>>
We don't have accents.
>>
>>69001833
>directed by
Yeah that's worrying, and will probably kill the movie.
>written by
Not sure what you're on about, are you implying Straight outta compton is bad? Why? Haven't seen the other one.
>producers/executive producers
Totally irrelevant, come on now.
>starring
I mean, she's been in many great films. Do you really think that is her defining role?

All in all, it's a terrible image, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>69001680
>Even the creator said he liked it.
oshii or shirow?
>>
>>69001873
yeah we get it OP... no need to samefag
>>
I keep mixing this movie up with BR2, thinking Villeneuve is directing, and getting hyped.
>>
What I'm worried about are the casuals that'll say it's a matrix ripoff
>>
>>69001125
I hope that the americans will adapt Major's off time recreational activities like the lesbian orgy
>>
File: 64160.jpg (217 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
64160.jpg
217 KB, 1536x1024
>>69001833
Holy shit bro.
that pic does not look good
>>
File: 1461515247722.jpg (83 KB, 634x360) Image search: [Google]
1461515247722.jpg
83 KB, 634x360
>>69001125
>implying they will keep the japanese names

it will go like this

hi, my name is alison thompson im just an average new yorker trying to live the american dream, but everything changed when i was the victim of a terrorist attack. in order to save my life i had to become a cyborg but how will i ever manage to pay the hospital bills, find out in the next episode of American Cyborg Story
>>
>>69002159
hes gonna fuck it up.
>>
>>69001875
Why? The first film is boring as fuck with talking heads on static backgrounds. The only reason it's remembered is because of one or two extremely well animated scenes that won't translate nearly as well into live action.
>>
>>69002634
>The only reason
lol no
>>
>>69002407
There's a lot of upside to Americanizing the cultural references. For one thing, if it's shit, I don't have to associate it as much with the source material.
>>
Ghost in the Shell in particular doesn't really follow a fixed time and place. The ova, tv series and movies we have seen are not even related to each other plot wise. So it's okay to see a tiny ScarJo Motoko for this hollywood adaptation
>>
>>69001658
her fly is undone
>>
File: 1462082551780.gif (426 KB, 285x190) Image search: [Google]
1462082551780.gif
426 KB, 285x190
>>69002673
Oh yeah forgot the anime tiddies and entry level high school philosophy epoused by every character
>>
>>69001593
If you were to make amovi about the african slave traing shit of the 1600's, and used earasian people instead of negroes, people would go apeshit as well.

This is a story about japanese people/robots in japan. Not about murrican people in murrica.

Basically the casting was one by the same people who did shamalyayo's legen of aang.
>>
>>69003534
It's important to note that the Japanese live in a near 100% homogenous society. They will react in this manner because they are so far removed from the realities of a racially diverse landscape. Everybody they've ever known or interacted with is Japanese (outside of perhaps a few English teachers). They simply don't have any concept of prejudice, discrimination, or racism beyond a superficial surface layer understanding.
The criticism Hollywood is receiving has nothing to do with the people in Japan. It has everything to do with how Asians in America are being portrayed, or rather, not portrayed in the media. The people interviewed in this video have not grown up in a country where every actor they see on T.V. doesn't look like them, or when they are represented, it is often not in a flattering manner (Hangover, Joy Luck Club, Mickey Rooney, etc.) or as side characters or one-dimensional dehumanized caricatures. Ghost in the Shell represents a rare opportunity in that the original story takes place in an Asian setting, with Asian characters, which should have been Hollywood's opportunity to give Asian actors a chance to stand in the spotlight. Instead, Hollywood chose to take the safe route, they simply did not have faith in the American people as a multiethnic society to be able to swallow a movie with an Asian actor as the lead.
So to reiterate my original point, the criticism is originating from American people, and has nothing to do with people living in Japan. At the end of the day, this is a fun enjoyable video, but it really doesn't provide any new insights nor add much to the conversation at hand.
>>
>>69003534
This is an atrocious analogy.

If you were to make a movie about the african slave trade in the 1600s in a country full of black Africans and used almost all whites then this would be the equivalent of what's happening in GiTS.
>>
>>69003615
>>>69003534 (You)
>This is an atrocious analogy.
>If you were to make a movie about the african slave trade in the 1600s in a country full of black Africans and used almost all whites then this would be the equivalent of what's happening in GiTS.

But that's what i said in my first sentence
>>
GitS is overrated garbage and will flop.

Weebs will blame it on the adaptation instead of the shitty source material.
>>
>>69001125
I hope they won't do that any of that weeb shit and actually americanize the names and locations. It's too hard to relate when everything sounds foreign.
>>
She was already in that Akira wannabe flick, and it wasn't a shit movie on her part. Just a terrible script. This could work out alright if the people working on it simply watch the fucking source material for once. I just wish they had made it earlier, her looks have really gone south as of late, and Motoko deserves the sexiest actress possible. Not some has been.
>>
>>69003687
The point is that there are many Asian American actors that could have been given a chance to star in this American made movie. Non-American Japanese people are completely irrelevant here.
>>
File: tumblr_nes78maXJc1r7wtvvo1_500.gif (777 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nes78maXJc1r7wtvvo1_500.gif
777 KB, 500x206
>>69001833
>>
>>69003734
Why are we stil discussing this if we're on the same side?
>>
>>69003395

This. Innocence is even worse on this regard.

Ghost in the Shell is to anime as Bioshock: Infinite is to videogames.
>>
>>69003812
GITS is as deep as it gets when it comes to anime and you're deluded if you think otherwise.
>>
>>69003909
How many anime have you watched?
>>
>>69001125
>Not kusangaiberg

>>69001680
The creator didn't say shit, it was the head of the international business wing who isn't going to lose out on money.
The Youtube clip didn't even have fans of the series. Just random jappos. Fans American fans as well as Japanese, are upset because its going to have nothing to do with the story they like. It's going to be another generic American Ultra-Violet type movie.

I don't even give a shit about the series but I understand their position because I'm not a retard.
>>
>people pretending to care about GITs when it hasn't been popular for 20 years
>>
File: 1427343635897.png (589 KB, 516x566) Image search: [Google]
1427343635897.png
589 KB, 516x566
>>69001833
>starring Scar Jo as known from White Chicks
>>
>>69004282
but the idea of a big budget live action adaptation has been around for a while. People have always been excited over that whole idea
>>
>>69003690
do you have a low iq
>>
>>69001125
The Japs themselves haven't ever had a problem doing this, why should we?
>>
>>69004526
I knew it could only be shit the moment they announced it. I'm kinda hyped now that they announced scarjo as motoko since I am extremely curious to see how absolutely fucking garbage the movie is going to be.
It's funny to me how people have a problem with the fact that she's a jew playing a japanese (as if the rest of the cast were japanese outside of kitano, which is only starring in this movie because he has been trying to kill himself and his career for years now) and not with the fact that she's the shittiest actress working in mainstream movies nowadays
>>
>>69001125
I can't wait until you weaboo faggots either collectively kill yourselves or shoot up theatres in absolute nerd rage over this.

praise scarjo, making the world a better place soon.
>>
>>69005401
>>69003554
>>
>>69001419
what annoys me about the SJWs is that the ones who bitch about all of the whitewashing of Asian roles lately are most probably the people who labelled everyone bitching about Will Smith as Deadshot or Idris Elba as Roland Deschain as racists
>>
>>69006555
Most people who complained about Elba in /tv/ at least are definitely racist.
>>
>>69007451
true
I'm optimistic that there are a few that are racist, then there are tryhards making racist jokes and memes for (you)s and then there are people that are annoyed with how he's a black guy playing a white guy

if anything, I just hate that Matthew Mcconaughey would have been great as Roland but he's playing RF, I would switch them, but Elba actually suits Roland more than RF funnily enough.
>>
>>69001875
It's gonna be shit m8. A black James Bond movie would be just as garbage.
>>
>>69006272
>shoot up theatres in absolute nerd rage

pfffttt in your dreams, weebs are the most passive aggressive pussy faggots on the face of the planet.
>>
>>69008080
not like us DC Fans amirite? :^)
>>
Japanese are okay with it because a large portion Asian people in general wish they were White. There's a reason Japanese rulers banned Europeans except for the Dutch for such a long time, because they knew once Japan got a whiff of European culture, they'd dive for it as hard as possible, and look at what happened. 80%+ of anime characters appear to be white anyway. Stop giving SJWs attention.
>>
>>69001125
When Japan gets a Hollywood they can make movies with non-white actors.
>>
File: major.jpg (30 KB, 334x248) Image search: [Google]
major.jpg
30 KB, 334x248
>>69001833
Why is this allowed.
>>
>>69008216
What's Japan got to do with anything?
>>
>>69004465
It's almost as if the entire image is just cherry picking
>>
>>69008238
They guy who made Empire Strikes Back only made shit before it too. Have faith.
>>
File: motoko.jpg (55 KB, 923x510) Image search: [Google]
motoko.jpg
55 KB, 923x510
>*record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>yup, that's me
>yeah, that girl
>you're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation
>>
>>69008494

You think Scarjo is gonna get naked for this movie?
>>
>>69008569
She should, but she won't.
>>
>>69003534
>This is a story about japanese people/robots in japan.
The fact that you think that is remotely close to what the story is about instantly invalidates your opinion of anything related to Ghost in the Shell.

You had a legitimate complaint about the lack of opportunities for Asian actors to be seen in Hollywood films, but that dumbass statement wiped any credibility you have on the matter off the table. Think before you talk next time or your arguments will never win anyone over.
>>
>>69008569
>>69008667
I think it's possible we see a CGI body of a genderless lower region and boobs void of nipples.
>>
>>69008435
Guardians of the Galaxy had an awful track record too.

inb4 > Reddit
>>
>>69008569
>>69008667
>>69008931
She stripped completely for Under the Skin, why not for this?
>>
>>69009050

Cause that was an art film and she's said that she'll really only do nudity if she feels its tasteful
>>
>>69009050
Realistically though a CGI body with the features I mentioned would actually make more sense for the layout of the tech background
>>
i don't have anything against scarjo because of her ethnicity, I just think she sucks too much at acting and is too ugly, butterfaced for the role of Motoko Kusanagi.

inb4:some neckbearded autist gets triggered because I insulted his ugly waifu
>>
>>69001833

(((sanders)))
>>
>>69001125
Better this than japs trying to speak english.
>>
>>69001226
This actually justifies the whole thing, she's the first person to be turned into an android. I too want antje trau but you have to admit it's fitting.
>>
>>69001125
Yeah, I hope they trim the moonspeak too.
>>69011191
True dat.
>>
File: lefilm.jpg (497 KB, 775x1024) Image search: [Google]
lefilm.jpg
497 KB, 775x1024
They're either going to make this decent like Edge of Tomorrow's adaptation or whatever Dragonball Evolution was supposed to be
>>
>>69001125
Who /bestbatou/ here?
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
>>69001125
MWAHAHAHA!! The Weeb Tears have always been known for their sexellence.
>>
>>69001125

No tachikomas, no sale.
>>
Is ghost in the shell a anime movie, or a series?

I suppose its finally time for me to watch it.
>>
>Movie starts with opening from the anime Ghost in the Shell movie but with ScarJo as Motoko
>She's still completely naked (like the anime) but conveniently hides her nipples

how does this make you feel?
>>
>>69015024
There's a manga (three volumes), a movie series (two movies, three novels), a tv show called stand alone complex (two seasons, one manga adaptation, three novels, one tv movie) and an ova series called Arise (five ovas, one manga prequel and a movie).
All of them are separate continuities, Arise is supposed to be a prequel to the original manga but it's pretty shit
>>
>>69015095

Like the stripping naked to cloak schtick was dumb
>>
>>69001965
>producers
>totally irrelevant
I think someone needs some education on the film biz.
>>
>>69001718
>more like
>>Kate Rose
>>I pilot the Evangelion Robot No 4

JUST imagine a Evangelion made by Hollywood

Asuka 16 years USA version 32 years
Shinji 16 years USA version 32 years
Rei 16 years look alike USA version 35 years
>>
i really hope this shit flops, i don't want my beloved anime and manga to become the next creative well to be sucked dry by kikewood after comics.
>>
>>69012269
>decent like Edge of Tomorrow's adaptation
Edge of Tomorrow's adaptation wasn't decent. It sucked.
>>
>>69016609
moar like
Gendo Ikari = Tom Cruise
Shinji Ikari = Leonardo DiCaprio
Asuka = Idris Elba
Rei = ScarJo
>>
You can't really whitewash the Major since she can easily use any shell of any nationality/race/gender/age of her choosing.

That being said, they should at least get brownie points by casting an asian actor as The Major's original self before she underwent the cybernetificiation.
>>
>>69003554

>Japanese people in Japan are fine because all the representation you could want
>Japanese people in America boo hooing because Americans don't put them in movies

it's like there's no solution
>>
>>69001125
Scarlett Johansson is a beautiful woman, but this is fucking terrible. Really bad casting, she looks nothing like Motoko.
>>
>>69017265
this.
it makes perfect sense that an ugly gook would want a good looking western body
>>
>>69001125
>cyborg made by

Wouldn't that make her a robot then? Cyborgs are organic/mechanical fusions.
>>
>>69017633
you never watched the animu, did you?
the whole shit is about, if she's really human?
She's just so something new
A waking lithium flower
Just about to bloom
I smell lithium now
Smelling lithium now
How is she when she doesn't surf?
I wonder what she does when she wakes up?

and she's sooo number 9
>>
>>69017693
>you never watched the animu, did you?

Nope sorry chinese cartoons aren't my thing.
>>
>>69017718
what are you doing on this tibetan caligraphy forum?
>>
File: mien.png (691 KB, 700x701) Image search: [Google]
mien.png
691 KB, 700x701
>>69001125
>fay sing gu
>>
>>69016899
As a adaptation, it was shit.
As a action flick without knowing it's history, it was great.
>>
>>69017633
Only her brain is human, or so she believes.
After all, you can't really take a look at your own brain all too well, right?
>>
>>69001125
>triggered!
delet this
>>
Better than an Asian raping our ears with their Engrish.
>>
I've never watched GitS but I'll be seeing this out of spite. Actually I won't even watch it, I'll just buy a ticket online and stay home
>>
all asian languages are butt ugly anyway and sound like the babbling of a hyperactive baby. who gives a shit if it's mispronounced
>>
>>69004526
The same could be said for Cowboy Bebop or Akira.
>>
>>69017838
Spamming GoT general and jerking off in Ezri Dax vs. Mirror Kira threads.
>>
>>69008393
AFAIK she's not in it. I laughed.
>>
File: Pilou1.jpg (223 KB, 1425x919) Image search: [Google]
Pilou1.jpg
223 KB, 1425x919
[bad Danish accent] I am the cyborg god. I am the ghost.
>>
File: Jew11.jpg (465 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
Jew11.jpg
465 KB, 1162x850
>>69001833
>Ari Arad
>AVi Arad
>>
>>69009050
BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS PG13 DISNEYSHIT
>>
>>69021173
the first ghost and the last
>>
>>69001125
>Bat Toe (Batou)
This is correct

>Say Toe (Saito)
This is correct
>>
>>69001734
>implying Asian actors wouldn't fuck it up
>>
File: LOL.jpg (136 KB, 1480x988) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
136 KB, 1480x988
>>69001125
>chinese american actress bitch about how THEY should get the role
>chinese ppl playing an iconic japanese character
this is how world war 3 could start
>>
>>69001125
ITT: weeaboo manchildren
>>
>>69001226
It wasn't Japan, it was Hong Kong IIRC or some other country.

>>69001678
We are all just brains inside bodies.

>>69008157
>Japanese are okay with it because a large portion Asian people in general wish they were White.
Projection alert.

>80%+ of anime characters appear to be white anyway.
The vast majority of anime takes place in Japan and the vast majority of characters are Japanese. Try watching more than Cowboy Bebop and FMA.
>>
fuck you weebs, we all know the only one who could play ghostshell girl convincingly is Idris Elba
>>
>>69001875
They're doing Laughing Man not Puppetmaster m8
>>
Lets be serious, when pandering a white audience, you use mostly whites. Terraformars had a live action adaptation, and the Japs used all Japs even though that series is oddly one of the most racially diverse stories to come out of Nippon.
>>
>>69024504
It's a lot harder for Japanese productions to cast foreigners, and I don't think they think of most manga characters in terms of real people. If they're making something like a historical movie it's a different story.
>>
>>69001125

>Bat Toe

x
xD
>>
>>69001833
>Ari Arad
>not Ari Gold

kek
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.