[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: the mist ending.jpg (434 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the mist ending.jpg
434 KB, 1280x720
AAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>69000441
The ending was literally the only good part of the whole film
>>
>>69000441

That ending fucked with my entire theater. I think theater reaction was better than even the ending.
>>
>>69000441
SOME
>>
>>69000441
I feel like it's right on the line where it goes so far that it crosses over from tragedy to comedy.
>>
File: 1462048436370.png (505 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1462048436370.png
505 KB, 600x400
>>69000441
Is this the most JUST movie ending in existence?
>>
I understand why he did it but I feel like the logical thing would have been to just ride it out inside the car and only cap niggas once they knew for sure a monster was going to eat their faces off.
>>
>>69000441

Thomas Jane is like I JUST SHOT MY CAREER

OH CALAMITY, OH MY CAREER WHYYY

WHY
>>
>>69000441
Easily the best ending to any movie. I like to play "Let's Get It On", by Marvin Gaye over the scene where he shoots everybody.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8

this was hilarious
>>
>>69002611
When he shoots her in the God damn head is the best part.
>>
>>69003066

People were expecting him to die.

I mean he was basically watching Cthulu level abominations roaming around who knows what is coming next and then its like NOPE
>>
>>69002611
It's part of what makes the mist rather odd, it's this kind of, hokey monster flick on one hand, on the other hand it still manages to face fuck your emotions somehow.

The bit at the start where carol from the walking dead is talking about how she left one of her kids at home watching the other one and he "forgets to watch sometimes" was gruesome.
>>
>>69003406

I like the underlying message though because she risks death for her kids and survives or whoever it was that ran into the mist when everyone was dying.

That is a message that is often not conveyed. Usually it is protagonists either doing something stupid or watching others do stupid things.

The delivery and payoff are not often used or maybe we're just used to bad writing to force drama since it is much harder to do it well and seem intelligent on the face of it.
>>
>>69000441
ending is literally the pinnacle of film making
>>
Frank Darabont is the most underrated living director. He's also the only guy besides Stanley Kubrick to ever make a decent flick out of Stephen King trash. King even praised the ending of the movie, saying he wished he wrote it himself.
>>
>>69000441
>tfw this made me laugh

Not trying to be edgy, but everything being so over the top awful almost wrapped around to being funny.

Also, his acting was silly.
>>
>>69003482
I am sorry but for some reason I just can't understand what you tried saying. Could you try rephrasing?
>>
>>69003896
>Also, his acting was silly.
yeah, but the idea behind that scene is just so good that it overshadows his acting admittedly I snickered when that tank came a'rolling too
>>
>>69004362

There was a lady during the initial 'crisis' that knowingly went into mist to save her kids. It was in a lot of ways a parallel shown with Thomas Jane's 'family' and how one succeeded and the other did not.
>>
>>69000441
Is the tanks showing up and the reveal that he killed his son for nothing a form of dramatic irony?
>>
File: 145678987654567890.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
145678987654567890.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>69003482
>being sensible will result in nothing but pain and misery
>>
>>69004953

I feel like it was more about risk and reward, courage and cowardice.

Thomas Jane basically represents cowardice. If you think about him giving into fear and killing his family prematurely compared to the woman not giving into fear and showing that she succeeded in getting them back and all of them surviving.

Usually being sensible is tactically best idea and often not used well at all but for the story narrative that wasn't really a choice. Or being sensible was somehow cowardly because he ended up being stuck with a crazy fundie.
>>
>>69002732

>turned down The Walking Dead so he could make The Punisher 2, which was scrapped shortly thereafter

JUST
>>
>>69000441
Best part was carol rollin by. She one woman armies everything. She's the shit.
>>
>>69005188

I think getting into the Expanse helped alleviate that some..but seriously his choices when you know what he could have got is just..fucked.

That history channel miniseries was complete garbage
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.