[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me he was a replicant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: parttime.jpg (59 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
parttime.jpg
59 KB, 600x300
Convince me he was a replicant
>>
>>68999344
Doesn't matter. The ambiguous ending will be ruined anyway because Ford is in Bladerunner 2.
>>
>>68999344
The chink cop kept making unicorn origami for deckard to find because he knew about the unicorn dream implants
>>
>>68999344

His eyes glow in one scene
>>
>>68999531

but he made a bird and a human with a boner too?
>>
>>68999750
That's because he also knew Deckard fucked the shit outta that owl
>>
>>68999750

wait, does that represent the owl and when he boned Rachael...but then that would apply those are memory implants too
>>
Reminder that Deckard being a replicant makes the movie worse
>>
>>68999531
humans have dreams about every day stuff in their subconscious

ever watch something on tv then have a dream about it a few days later?

That's not concrete proof he's a replicant
>>
Him being a replicant is a cheap twist ending that shits on the meaning of the movie: The replicants want to live longer, in essense retaining humanity. Deckard being human makes this a futile endeavor in that humanity (at least in L.A.) has no perks to differentiate itself from being a replicant other than several more miserable years without freedom, privacy, or basic connection to other humans.
>>
If he was a replicant
why he was so weak?
>>
>>68999772
Seriously why did Ridley put that scene back in the final cut?
>>
>>68999980
because plot
>>
>>68999344
Convince me you're not a replicant
>>
>>68999909

I was thinking about this too..why does it even matter in relation to the rest of the movie besides "le twist."

I was expecting Tyrell to go off on Roy about how time and lifespans are relative, some flies live 24 hrs, replicants live 4 years, humans may live to be 100, but which one has lived "the best"? But it never really went to where I thought it was going..
>>
>>68999531
But he wasn't a chink because that was Edward James Olmos, He was a Beaner cop, or whatever the Racial Slur for Mexican is.
>>
>>69000062

I feel completely fine regarding my wife's son.
>>
File: 1432137401586.png (446 KB, 1854x800) Image search: [Google]
1432137401586.png
446 KB, 1854x800
it doesn't matter reeeee
>>
>>69000076
Damn. That would have been a GOAT scene
>>
>>68999819
>ever watch something on tv then have a dream about it a few days later?
No.
Anon, I think you might be a replicant.
>>
>>68999819
Are you fucking kidding me? The message you take from the unicorns is, "Well, that could be a coincidence!"
>>
>>69002932
no, that's what i'm saying

there are plebs out there who say "omg he had the same dream, he's obviously a replicant!" when it's a coincidence
>>
>>69000001
one off lol
>>
>>69004057
Are you retarded
>>
>>69004417
are you?

Prove he's a replicant. Oh you can't
>>
>>68999344
It literally does not matter either way. You missed the point of the movie if you're hung up on this tiny detail.
>>
>>69002882
I don't have dreams about anything in my waking life. They're like TV shows, or movies. whole plot arcs even.
>>
>>68999980
weak? the guy took several massive beatings.
>>
he doesn't have emotions

he never took the whateveritscalled test
>>
>>69004832
I was getting a pedicure when the salonist tries to pass me white stuff in a baggie, coke i guess, when I felt it was weird. Suddenly they tried to sedate me or synrgine me, when I realize I run out of there, trying to call bodygaurds (i think I was a celebrity) when I get outside of the mall, there's a full on military battle against some sort of alien space ships like War of theWorlds abducting people, saw a guy get killed right in front of me, pretend to play dead, get abducted with the few body gaurd guys killed off before that.

Wake up in some weird mall area with almost alien like people which no one seems weird about, and it kept going, to the point being able to freeze time, and what not...
>>
>>69004918
How does he not have emotions? Did you even watch the movie?
>>
Scott flat out said Decard was a replicant.
>>
>>68999344
he has implants.
>>
>>69000076
Tyrell mentioned "the brightest candles burn faster", etc.
>>
It depends on which cut you watched. He's human in the original but the added scenes make him a replicant. In order to "convince" you, you need to understand that there are three types of replicants presented in the film: Roy's batch, who are born knowing they're replicants and eventually suffer psychotic breaks at the prospect of death. Rachel is the second type, a prototype to see how they progress with implanted memories and the false belief of being human, but the abrupt truth causes her to suffer a similar emotional breakdown. Then there's Deckard, who's the perfect replicant: born to think he's human identically to Rachel, but implanted with deliberately questionable memories (in his specific case, a unicorn running through the woods -- something he remembers seeing vividly, but rationally knows that it could never have actually existed). This creates a slow, self-sustained realization of the truth, and by letting him figure it out for himself he can accept himself and function as closely to a human being as possible. The origami is just Gaff validating the fact that he knew all along, and served as something of a guardian to ensure Deckard progressed as planned.
>>
>>69000076
Roy confronting Tyrell is representative of man questioning God. That scene isn't just about him complaining about his lifespan, but about how man is given sentience but no purpose.
>>
>>68999344
No. That's Ridley's fanfic, not mine.
>>
>>69005275
I forgot to mention how purists complain that the ending loses all meaning if Deckard is a replicant, because he's supposed to be the only human who can sympathize with Roy. But they're retards because it only adds impact to it, since if a replicant of superior mind than Roy is even capable of showing that sympathy towards him after his creator talked to and treated him like hardware, it means he has more qualities of a human than the humans who created them.
>>
>>68999344
Because Ridley Scott said so !!!! What more do you need to here, anon!? Just go back & check a film again. It takes one to know one Y'know ?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.