[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this was the only news station I watched >they canceled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
>this was the only news station I watched
>they canceled their English stream for USA to launch "al jazeera america"
>al jazeera america gets closed
>watching al jazeera english stream still banned in america, tell you to go to al jazeera america website

HELP ME GUYS
>>
>listen to public radio
>they start begging for donations to keep their operations open
>stop listening to public radio

sometimes the best solutions are the easiest ones.
>>
good goy! you should watch cnn, fox, msnbc. they are for you!
>>
>>68998527
Go fuck a goat Abu
>>
File: image.png (412 KB, 611x815) Image search: [Google]
image.png
412 KB, 611x815
>>
>>68998601
>It's an NPR pledge drive episode

NPR sucks in general. They claim to be neutral but they have one of the worst liberal biases in the media. The pledge drives are unlistenable though.
>>
>>68998741
#SHREK'D
>>
>>68998527
Still pissed about that. BBC & AJE are the only outfits that still pay to put reporters on the ground in farflung bureaus. All the other news stations are talking heads shit 24/7 because it's cheap as chips.
>>
How fucked will Al Jazeera Arabic / Al Jazeera English be by the low oil prices? It's all based on the largesse of the Qataris and the Qatari budget has to be hurting with $46 dollar a barrel crude.
>>
>>68998933
That is why AJAM closed down due to the oil prices plummeting (along with zero viewership)

I think that them trying to create an entire bureau in America was a really stupid idea. There was no way that shit would last. Most Americans hear Al Jazeera and assume terrorists. I think their main bureaus will be okay though.

I just send Al Jazeera an email telling them about this oversight.
>>
>literal mudslime news
>>
>>68998802
NPR used to be alright. It wasn't till there funding got cut from the government that i noticed them going hardcore SJW liberal.
>>
Ok can I sperg out about how much I hated this stupid fucking reddit-tier news station.

EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW FUCKING AWESOME AND NON-BIASED IT WAS. BUT IT WASN'T IT WAS LITERALLY PAYED FOR BY ONE OF THE MOST EVIL AND ABUSIVE GOVERNMENTS IN THE WORLD, AND THE ONLY REASON RETARDED FUCKING LIBERTARIAN REDDITORS AND "LIBERAL" MILLENNIALS CLAIMED SO WAS BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY SHIT ALL OVER ISRAEL. SO PRETTY MUCH IT GOT LAUDED FOR BEING ANTI-SEMETIC. I USED TO HATE PEOPLE WHO WOULD SAY "OH LOOK AT ME I'M SO GREAT I ONLY WATCH BBC", BUT NO, I NOW REALIZE THOSE WERE THE FUCKING DAYS NEXT TO THE FUCKING AUTISTIC MANCHILD LOVING OF THIS SHITTY FUCKING NO-INTEGRITY PIECE OF SHIT NEWS STATION. FUCK YOU AL GORE, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR LETTING THIS EXIST. THANK YOU PEYTON MANNING FOR FINALLY ENDING THIS STUPID BULLSHIT.
>>
>>68999305
Yeah, I still listen to them though on my drive to work and on my lunch break, mostly because I enjoy being angry at politics I suppose.

Also occasionally they have stories that aren't political.
>>
File: williamfdubley.jpg (71 KB, 666x375) Image search: [Google]
williamfdubley.jpg
71 KB, 666x375
>>68999412
one of the main tenants of being a rockefeller republican is to listen to npr just to get angry about it
>>
>watching Saracen propaganda
>>
>>68999514
>tenants
>>
>>68999401
Does any other news station have people on the ground in Central America/Africa/Central Asia, except when it's bus-falls-off-a-cliff-people-die stories? AJ has 83 damn bureaus around the world.
>>
>>68999612
>>68999514
>Not leasing your apartments out to philosophical thoughts
>>
It's so difficult to find a semi non-biased news source these days

Best thing you can do is look at business news where its just money talking. I liked NBR but then they got bought out by NBCUniversal.

The next best thing is looking for news sources that don't "have a horse in the race" of the story they're reporting.

NHK World News is pretty alright when it comes to describing NA/EU news, but obviously shit when it comes to talking about China and Russia.

There's actually some international Taiwanese news report that's decent as well, especially for southeast asia stuff. Learn something new about Taiwan in the process too.
>>
>>68999624
and they all suck
>>
I'm really just staying up for the get

I'm sleepy
>>
>>68999305
>station gets more SJW when the government gets out

Are they trying to get their funding back, or does this demonstrate that the federal government isn't the cause?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.