[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why? just, literally, why? the fuck is the point in forcing a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: why.jpg (119 KB, 1320x765) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
119 KB, 1320x765
why? just, literally, why? the fuck is the point in forcing a gay person into every single show? demographically it's really fucking plausible that out of a group of 8 people, none of them are fucking gay. it's likely, even if the entire cast is from san francisco. so why? fucking cut this shit out.

i absolutely fucking guarantee you that these decisions aren't made "from the heart" or whatever bullshit the LGBT community is shilling for. what you've accomplished is the establishment of a list, upon which there are a bunch of little boxes. this list is watched over and the boxes duly checked off by a group of people who give a shit about nothing except the money that show will make. that's your great fucking victory, and they do it not because they give a shit, but to avoid negative publicity.

this shit is on topic, you small-minded little pinpricks. don't fucking delete me, you little butt minions of hirohito.
>>
>>68998513
Anon, there really are gay people in the world. You should consider the idea that you might be homophobic
>>
>>68998513
>forcing

I hate the way TV forces me to watch it. I'm an addict, I can't help myself. If I don't watch it, who's gonna complain?
>>
Who cares, it's 2016.
>>
>>68998568
i'm not homophobic, i am allergic to self-righteous social movements which are in turn allergic to logic. they need to say "me too" even at the expense of the plausibility of the plot, and it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>68998568

There's only like, a few gay people in any city, unless it's San Fransico. It's not realistic to see gays in literally every show.
>>
>>68998513
>>68998568
1 out of 10 people are homosexual. End of thread.
>>
what show, faggot?
>>
>>68998568
They're overrepresented though
>>
>>68998513

I don't have an issue with this, cause strand talks like a faggot, so i saw this coming.
>>
>>68998568
I'm gay and you're fucking dumb if you can't see how hard they're forcing it. The only excuse to add gay characters is if it really makes the show more interesting, and most of the time it doesn't do that.

Star Wars is gonna add gay characters "just because." It's all marketing.
>>
>>68998513
>I don't like that people like what they like because it's not what I like! To 4chan!
>>
>>68998657
>I'm gay
Yeah, I totally believe you /pol/.
>>
>>68998657
Oh you can see into the future? Do you get that superpower when you're gay?
>>
>>68998657
this a thousand times, on all accounts. gay people are being literally pandered to by people who don't give half a shit about them. it's really just to shut people up and they gobble it down like it's some amazing cultural victory. the fuckers in suits are laughing all the way to the bank
>>
>>68998817
They've practically came out and said they're going to
>>
>>68998819
If finally being represented in mainstream movies and tv shows means that we're being pandered to then we don't mind this type of pandering.

Thanks for caring though.
>>
>>68998779
if gay people are significantly represented to the point that one HAS to be present in each and every new show, no matter how small the cast, why exactly do you have a hard time believing that one out of the people who have posted in this thread is gay?
>>
File: 1461024505364.jpg (42 KB, 506x498) Image search: [Google]
1461024505364.jpg
42 KB, 506x498
>>68998779
You don't have to believe me, but I can give you an example of a shitty instance of "forcing" gay shit where it doesn't belong.

Pic related.

In the books, Loras' sexuality is never mentioned, only hinted at. In the shows, that is the entire basis of his character: gay. All his scenes are flirting with or fucking other dudes. They sucked any personality or dedication from Loras and replaced it with a banner that says "look how progressive we are! We feature gay characters in our shows!"

>>68998817
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/26/j-j-abrams-gay-characters-coming-to-star-wars.html
>>
WHAT
FUCKING
SHOW
>>
>>68998892
>Thanks for caring though.
you're fucking welcome. jesus fucking christ. now try to look at what's happening like an adult.
>>
>>68998925
fear the walking dead. it's like the walking dead's drunk, pederast uncle, which is saying something.
>>
>>68998893
>if gay people are significantly represented to the point that one HAS to be present in each and every new show
That's not true.

And to answer your question, because I'm gay and not a single gay friend of mine ever complained about it whereas in roughly every /pol/ butthurt thread there are countless posts saying 'I'm gay and I actually hate seeing gay characters in media'.
>>68998917
>games of thrones
Back to your containment thread.
>>
>>68998917
>Game of Thrones
>nuanced at anything
anon, i...
>>
>>68999050
>I'm gay and not a single gay friend of mine
what this says about you is that you're intellectually lazy and that all your friends are as well, not that the alternative is categorically impossible because of your little microcosm of anecdotal experience.
>>
>>68999050
>>68999118
It was just an example. The homosexual elements of House of Cards also adds literally nothing to the show.
>>
>>68999136
Okay /pol/ whatever you say.
>>68999169
Yeah, the entire subplot about Frank caring about political success so much that he married a woman and broke up with his college boyfriend added literally nothing to the show.

Retard alert.
>>
>>68999287
>/pol/
why do you keep saying that? does the idea that i'm not in any way affiliated with /pol/ violate your safe zone? are you being triggered?
>>
>>68999361
It's okay /pol/ you really don't have to try so hard, but for the future reference, asking somebody whether they're triggered in a thread that is literally about you being triggered by gays might not be the best course of action :^)
>>
File: 1459231731880.jpg (20 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1459231731880.jpg
20 KB, 317x265
>>68999447
>/pol/
because saying it over and over again makes it true, right? just keep telling yourself that the over-representation of gays in popular media is the culmination of LGBT activism and not the result of focus groups, researched for the purpose of making the most money possible. maybe that one'll come true too.
>>
>>68999560
>the moment when you realize you give more of a shit about the LGBT movement than LGBT people do
maybe i am triggered.
>>
>>68999560
There is no over-representation of gays in popular media. If you don't have multiple gays among your friends then you are clearly either a hick or live in complete hicktown, popular media usually doesn't cater to hicks or takes place in hicktowns.

Sorry if that triggers you /pol/.

Also, the fact that focus groups want to see gays in the popular media is the triumph of LGBT activism /pol/, again, sorry if that triggers you.
>>
>>68999739
i live in downtown san francisco, for reference. this is trite but every conversation seems to boil down to this so i'll go out and say it, yes i fucking know gay people. the reason you see more gay people in media now is almost solely because of the fact that every show without them gets lambasted for "non-inclusiveness," not because they give a shit. it's pandering to pop culture and non-representative of any underlying value system. i can't imagine how anyone could ever see that as an example of anything but the willingness of the corporate world to make money. it really seems like the emptiest "victory" i could possibly imagine.
>>
>>68999951
>every show without them gets lambasted for "non-inclusiveness,"
Yeah, a bunch of shows and movies I've recently watched didn't have any gay characters that I could recall and I haven't heard about them being lambasted for that, so that's clearly bullshit.

But you are most probably the lowest common denominator kind of pleb who watches the bottom of the barrel trash that's essentially a product designed to cater to as many possible customers as possible and make as much money as possible so you shouldn't be surprised by that.

Anyway, I'm off to bed kiddo, your tears really were delicious, I hope you will enjoy being triggered by even more gays in your trashy movies/tv shows in the future :^)

Also, to remind you again, we, gays, don't give a shit if the gay characters are there because of the focus groups or because the author is a SJW, as long as they are there :^)
>>
File: 131223112354.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
131223112354.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
>>68998568
>>68998629

0.8-1% of people in the United States identify as homosexual. Go look it up. These numbers have been confirmed by study after study, including the Masters and Johnson study.

Faggots are overrepresented as fuck in TV and Hollywood and you niggers know it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.