[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did it take Ramsay 96 episodes to kill Roose if it was that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: roose.jpg (87 KB, 1025x536) Image search: [Google]
roose.jpg
87 KB, 1025x536
Why did it take Ramsay 96 episodes to kill Roose if it was that simple and easy?

I mean, where are the rest of the Boltons people, or anyone that could've possibly help sustain Roose's position? Where are the extended family, the other minor lords, the man-at-arms, etc? So far it has looked like it was Roose and Ramsay, the dogs and a bunch of servants, nothing there to prevent him from just killing Roose any time he felt like it.

Why the fuck was Ramsay the maniac ok with getting bossed around? Did he actually like Roose? And wasn't Roose supposed to be smart and know not to be in a position where he could be assassinated at any time?

fuck
>>
>>68995736
HE LITERALLY JUST HAD A GUY COME IN AND TALK ABOUT HIS REPLACEMENT BROTHER YOU MORON
>>
lol i unno
>>
>>68995802
and? why did he have to wait to this exact day when he could've just ended this whole heir shit ages ago?

and it's like, no one in the fucking castle saw that a baby (that will magically disappear with his mother) was born in the same day roose decides to take a dirty nap
>>
File: lol.jpg (612 KB, 800x894) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
612 KB, 800x894
>>68995736
>And wasn't Roose supposed to be smart
>>
>>68995736
not to mention it was the same shit as the sand sneaks, no backstage explanation, no political buildup, just stabbing and everyone being cool with it
>>
>>68995736
Because the author of the novels had a strong influence on the series until part way through last season, and now he's not involved at all. What, do you actually want plot-related reasons for why things happen? Might want to quit the show and read the books, then.
>>
so glad I dropped this garbage after the last season. I'm a raging book faggot and every plot twist I hear about fills me with rage
>>
>>68998221
I've read the books and I can't quit the show after 5 seasons
>>
>>68995736
>Why did this smart character die in a stupid way and why aren't there a lot more characters around

It's a TV show with a budget. Read the books if you want some logic.
>>
>2episodes
>3 lords stabbed
>1 hero resurrected

D
&
D
>>
>>68998713
pretty much

still hard to internalize that and actually not feel pissed
>>
>>68996596
I keep seeing a meme here Tyrion dies this seasons.
At first I thought nah, the writers arent that obvious and stupid.
Now I'm reconsidering
>>
>>68995736
>Where are the extended family
Especially considering these houses have supposedly existed for thousands of years, they should all be at least Hapsburg tier size
>>
>>68998947
they might kill him after his character gets destroyed by the sheer disgrace that is the whole daenerys arc
>>
>>68995736
I think that since Roose has essentially used Ramsay as Hand of the North since becoming Lord of the North, Ramsay has been the one making connections with other northern houses in his own interest. I believe that he had been in contact with the likes of the Karstarks and made agreements with them before feeling comfortable. Remember, that since the Red Wedding, Ramsay slowly had to earn the trust of Roose to get his legitmacy as a Bolton, fight battles, and earn respect among the banner men. But yes, I agree, it was not very smart for him to do it the way he did. Especially infront of a freaking meister.
>>
>>68999095
This show contracted Downs Syndrome
>>
>>68999367
you contracted down syndrome
>>
>>68998713
>>68998221

>read the books

Yeah, read that books that get released once a decade and where fuck all progress happens in 6-700 pages.
>>
>>68998853
BRAVO DND

BRA-FUCKING-VO
>>
Fuck, you're right. Now Roose's assassination looks even worse, looks like some lazy writing product.
>>
>>68998853
this.

"Killing characters is good writing, isn't it? So who do we kill this week?"
>>
>>69000919
meant to quote >>68997598
>>
>watching some shit on DVR
>finish, put on game of shits
>ill watch this and see how long it takes for something beyond stupid to happen
>3 minutes goes by
>Ramsey murders Roose
WELP
>>
File: 1459299079981.jpg (516 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459299079981.jpg
516 KB, 1600x900
>>69001005
>DVR
>>
>>68997598
This is why the show is turning to shit.

They got good results with some shock-horror killings, but at this point it is an old trick and everyone is expecting it.

It is just a matter of time before everyone dies in some meme way out of left field.
>>
I'm getting a bit fucking pissed off at you idiots confusing plotholes with irrational characters.

Tyrion wanting to free the dragons makes perfect sense, because he has ALWAYS had a blindspot concerning them.

Ramsay killing his father for no reason ALSO makes perfect sense because he is very irrationally mentally ill, and felt paranoia along with his psychopathy. His brother being born sealed the fucking deal.
>>
>>68996073
He had to wait to be legitimized, then after that his father was working on getting him a wife.
>>
>>68995736
>thinking that you can just kill anyone without consequences
Ramsay killed Roose because he lost control of his rage after him being second in line became a reality. It wasn't calculated and he'll more than likely be fucked for doing it.
Ramsays whole character is that he's just blood-hungry, not that he's calculated -- similar to Joffrey.
Roose probably didn't expect his son to kill him because he thinks that Ramsay is smart enough to know that killing him is a retard move.
>>
Torrent where?!
>>
>>68995736

>not greentexting your valid points
>>
File: 006.png (204 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
006.png
204 KB, 600x528
>>69001051

>watching commercials
>>
>>69001074
have you even read any post in the thread?

the point is that, in the show, he should've killed roose ages ago, theres was nothing preventing that to happen

>>69001126
all a bunch of bullshit, if he can just kill roose at any time and say he died of X or Y he could also just say he was legitimized by his father in his deathbed or whatever comes to his mind

>>69001133
>hell more than likely get fucked for doing it

lets hope, it can still be fixed
>>
>>68995736
They need to do way instain brother. Who kill their babby brother, is it because these babby can't frigth back?
>>
My guess is that the writers are total hacks
>>
>>69001074
Tyrion would have never done it himself. He would have had some lackey do it for him while he watched. Especially since he has never seen a dragon before.

>>69001074
>Ramsay killing his father for no reason ALSO makes perfect sense

It makes shit sense because there was no plot build-up to it at all. No internal politics showing how Ramsey got the support of the Karstarks or other houses. Ramsey is still known as a bastard, there is little reason for any of the North-men to follow him. There is no internal logic here.

All the interesting backstory, characters, and plot development have pretty much ceased now. We replaced interesting, scheming multi-dimensional characters with 1 dimensional boring archetypes like the Sand-snakes. Daenyrs plot is fucked up. Dorne plot is fucked up. Now the North plot is fucked up. Iron Islands can still be salvaged, but it is off to a bad start.

King's Landing and Castle Black is the only interesting plot-line going right now.
>>
>>69001300
The king had to legitimize him
>>
>>69001133
>Roose probably didn't expect his son to kill him because he thinks that Ramsay is smart enough to know that killing him is a retard move.
/thread
>>
>>68995802
If anything, it was stupid to wait for that moment. Because if Ramsay was worried Roose would toss him aside, then that would be the moment Roose might do it. Roose shoulda/woulda been on guard when Ramsay learned it was a boy. Ramsay should've struck before the birth in any logical world, especially if it was so easy for him to get away with it.
>>
>>69001381
disagree, Roose was certainly despicted so far as being smart enough (specially in the backstabbing business), to realize his son was crazy enough to actually kill him
>>
>>69001444
exactly
>>
How are there all these kingdoms in this show when no one ever gives a fuck that their king/lord has been fucking killed?

"Oh man, my lord was just stabbed. Guess I'd better do nothing, whatever his replacement will be stabbed soon enough."

I'm surprised they even managed to build one city.
>>
>>69001300
>>69001363

Fucking this. Ramsay only killed Roose once hed made him a legitimate heir and bought him some Stark pussy. Now that that ship has sailed and his father just made a new heir, well...
>>
"Slaveboy, inform the Northern lords that Roose has been poisoned by our enemies"

"What of Walda and the baby boy that surely everyone in Winterfell knows about now? You fed them to the dogs. It's not like there's another woman as fat as her around that we can pass off as being Walda. Surely another Northern lord would inquire after Walda, and that her pregnancy was news others would know, because that sort of thing is very important"

"Poisoned by 20 good enemies"
>>
>>69001644
>tfw they lost 5 GOOD men

They only have 15 GOOD men now
>>
>>68998947
Good. Tyrion has become the worst part of the show after sneks.
>>
Literally right before the guy told Roose his son was born, he had said he had no problem with feeding Ramsay to the pigs.
>>
It made perfect sense to me. Ramsey killing roose before the baby being born is stupid, if it's a girl he's putting himself at risk for no reason. Before having a true hier roose was setting up the North for Ramsey.
>>
the only reasonable explanation is that roose is a vampire and let himself "get killed" as part of his political machinations
>>
>>69001896
Except if Ramsay is genuinely worried that Roose wants to replace him with that male heir, then if that worry were true then Roose would immediately be on guard against Ramsay. Or even have a plan in place to neutralize or kill "mad dog" Ramsay the moment he learns it's a boy.

Basically it's risking way too much to wait to see what the gender is. Also apparently there wasn't much risk in killing Roose anyways, he could've easily done it the day before to the same effect it seems. Ramsay had no plan in place. He just heard the news and went "lol stab".
>>
>>69001358
Tyrion said in the scene directly before why he wanted to be the one to free the dragons. The dragons haven't been eating so he knew they weren't going to kill him for food, and he explained that the dragons remember who their allies are and protect them and don't harm them. Tyrion had to be the person to unlock the chains so the dragons SEE that it's him doing it. It's not like the dragons will know it was Tyrion that ordered them freed if he had someone else do it.

Tyrion just wants to be a dragon master and to do that he needs to gain the dragon's trust.
>>
>>68997598

This honestly is the biggest problem I have with this. The fucking killing can't just come out of nowhere Dabid - They wasted so much fucking time last season on shit that they could have used to show that Roose had lost control over his people.
>>
>>69001896
killing roose when the baby is born is the most retarded option possible, not only roose and all his (invisible) men would be much more alert to this happening, you just won't be able to make it look like an accident, it will be obvious that you assassinated him
>>
>>69002003
Tyrion is not that sort of character to take such risks. He is NOT the adventurous type, this is constantly stressed in both the books and tv series.

What he did was completely out of character. The dragons could have easily killed him after being released. Tyrion doesn't know the dragons at all, he won't just wander into a dark dungeon all alone.

Yeah, I'm not buying Tyrion turning into some magical dragon expert master within the span of 5 minutes and a single conversation.
>>
>>69002164
not buying is not an option goy
>>
>>69002164

Yeah I don't get it... like, I know a TV show has to be a bit faster than the books obviously, but surely they could do a BIT MORE to build up some of these storylines before revealing them.

Why not have Tyrion mention dragons a few times a few seasons ago, or at least last season? Maybe he could have talked about dragons with Jamie rather than LE SMASH BUG XD
>>
>>69002164
His dialog about the dragons and how they changed over the centuries showed that he knew a lot. Probably more than Daenerys. And as he even explicitly says, he's the guy who knows things. Though he's never mentioned dragons before it's hardly surprising to me that he knows about them and gleaned a pattern.
>>
>>69002163
>>69002000
And as Roose, one of the characters that should be the best at dealing with situations like these in the whole show, was not ready for the most obvious thing ever, he just got marked a complete retard.
>>
The fans are running the show now that there aren't any books to go off of.

This whole episode felt like the Eagles actually flying Frodo and Sam to Mordor.
>>
>>69002067
The real reason is that the series is overbloated.

The books were about building a world filled with interesting characters, not moving a plot.

TV series is about trying to reach a conclusion because they spent 5 season opening up too many plot lines. So their solution at Season 6 is to just kill off as many people as possible to cut down on their screen time and replace them with boring archetype characters that don't need any extensive backstory like Sand-snakes.

Compare Euron with any character from season 1-4. It is a fucking travesty with what they did to him. Just introduce him out of nowhere, tell us his backstory, and have him kill someone.
>>
>>69001242
are you not aware that HBO GO exists
>>
>>69002067
ugh this is too true now, random consequence-free stabbings are taking out lots of characters
>>
>>69002000
I do think he should of been on guard, but I don't think roose expected it. From the books and older episodes Ramsey always seems scared of roose.
>>
>>69002402
>Paying to watch Goy of Thrones

Do you even IRC?

>http://nibl.co.uk/bots.php?search=Game+of+thrones

Better quality than any shitty streaming service, don't need any goy bucks, and never get caught.
>>
>>69002436
ramsay was a bit submissive with roose but there was nothing there that could suggest he would have any problems killing him
>>
>>69002436
that's because book ramsay is a good bit less intelligent than roose and he knows it.

all of ramsays boys? roose plants so they watch him and report to roose. ramsay is only ever given control of minor or unimportant political prisoners (theon, lady hornwood) since roose knows he can't control his sadistic nature.

roose uses ramsay as a bludgeon and diverts him from thinking about killing him like he killed domeric. show ramsay is only the same character in actions, everything else is markedly different.
>>
>>69002530
what the flying fuck does that have to do with DVR or can you not read a comment chain? if you have HBO and want to watch it without commercials why you would watch it on DVR instead of GO?
>>
>Tyrion now stuck in shitty Daenrys arc
>Will probably be killed off this season since they've run out of shock value to exploit
>Can finally stop watching this show when one of the last two interesting characters is gone.

It really doesn't help that so far this season is going full-tumblr with the flavor-of-the-year grrrrrl power shit.
>>
>>69002565
The 'argument' was that Ramsey was a sadist, but not completely irrational.

Roose thought he wouldn't kill him because without him Ramsey would not be able to rule. A bastard with tepid ties to his line and a reputation of being a mad dog. This has yet to be explained how everyone is going to magically follow him.

The fact that Roose was killed out of nowhere without any backstory at all is fucking stupid though. There should have been some buildup and something to show how Ramsey must have outmaneuvered him and gotten the support of the other houses. There was fucking nothing. That is why the show is turning to shit. The slow-boil is now just turning into a 'how can we finish this as fast as possible, Oh! let's just kill everyone really quick'.
>>
>>69002769

I think the showrunners are "fixing" the characters to how THEY want them to be now that they don't have to follow the books.

Having Davos actually go to Melisandre for help instead of wanting to simply bitch slap her across the room and then her actually showing real human emotion.

Ramsey going full Michale Meyers and Tyrion flexing his dragon skills. It's all re-shaping the show now they are in control instead of R.R. Martin.
>>
>>69002769
He sad they have support of the 3 biggest houses in the North.
>>
>>69003118
Yeah, Roose did. There's a difference between following the leader and the half-son. The Karstark person there could've just as easily killed Ramsay and asserted power. This is now logical within the TV universe given how much it seems to happen.
>>
>>68998713

It was a TV show with a budget before declining into this '20 good men' level writing where Roose suddenly decides to show some legitimate emotion at the worst fucking moment and dumb fucking sandy cunts decide the best direction to take to avenge a guy who died because he was hamming it up about hearing the mountain confis is killing his brother and nephew 'bcuz they r week' and apparently all of Dorne is fed up Doran but he was completely unaware
>>
File: 1461575621554.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461575621554.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>69002765
>Ramsay's planned parenthood clinic
>>
>>69003118
Roose has the support of the three major Northern Houses, which required enormous effort and maneuvering to get to in the first place. And he is well aware that the only way to really control the North is through a Stark.

Ramsey is still a fuck-all bastard who nobody likes, and everyone will suspect killed his own father. Why would anyone follow him? He is constantly portrayed as isolated and without tact. It is just lazy writing.
>>
>>69003169
He wouldn't make it out alive. Assuming he would be blame for the death of both them. I also think The boltons are currently the strongest northern house.
>>
>>69003250
>poisoned by his enemies!

What enemies does he have left in the north? How did they get into Winterfell? If they can poison Roose and get away with it so easily, why would I want to support the psychotic son? Or I would interpret that to mean yes, there are enemies, but they lay within, so someone machinated to get Ramsay in power - probably Ramsay himself, conveniently when Walda was known to be full term.
>>
Ramsay doesn't think of consequences. He acts on brute force alone. He was content being Roose' heir and that wasn't challenged until this episode when they found out Roose' wife has a son. Clearly he had planned the assassination if it had been a male, and nothing if it had been female.

He did it himself instead of making it look like an accident because he has two personalities: nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath.
>>
>>69001644
>"What of Walda and the baby boy that surely everyone in Winterfell knows about now? You fed them to the dogs. It's not like there's another woman as fat as her around that we can pass off as being Walda. Surely another Northern lord would inquire after Walda, and that her pregnancy was news others would know, because that sort of thing is very important"

Your're talking to your lord. Use ruspect.
>>
>>69003182
Wasn't saying that's it's not fucking terrible garbage.

But the stupid writing is a direct result of having too many characters and having to kill them fast because they don't want to pay the actor or getting them to the right location fast while not having the other subplots and side characters going on that actually moved things around in the book. It was much easier in the early seasons with fewer characters and less book divergence.
>>
>>69003574
"Oh, my lord, what of that thing I said, my lord"
>>
Ramsay is a cartoon villain.
>>
>>69003326
>>69003447

If in the next episode Ramsey just magically gets accepted as the De Facto leader of the North, I guess it is time to turn off the brain when watching GoT. There is no internal logic or rationale to the series anymore, all these characters and plot-lines that took several seasons to carefully build up are now just being cut loose in the dumbest of manners to fill in the production schedule and rush the series to end quickly.
>>
>Ser Poleaxe stabbed in the back dies instantly
>Ser Vampire stabbed in the stomach and dies instantly

zzzz

so much hype for the Roose vamp scene where he takes Ramsay as his new vessel......

show has no ditched the -Roose is the one and only lord the Boltons have ever had- :(
>>
>>69001444
This. Does Ramsey seem like the kind of guy to be so against killing his mother in law that he'd only do it if she had a boy? There is no reason that he couldn't have done this 9 months ago.
>>
>>69003447
>Nicest guy you'll ever meet
I don't think I've once seen this supposed side of him in an episode.

I'm pretty sure he's 100% psychopath at all times, and is only curbed when Roose steps in. Well, was, anyway. He'll be dead by the end of season because surely even D&D are smart enough to realize how ridiculously implausible his situation is.
>>
>>69003447
>Ramsay doesn't think of consequences.
Because there are none for him.
>>
>>69003447

I don't understand why so many people are pointing to Ramsay like it's him that the bad writing is most apparent with, at least in this situation.

The fact that Roose didn't see this coming despite Roose being portrayed as basically being a more calculating Ramsay is the biggest problem I see
>>
>>69003835
oh fug
>>
>>69002530
>paying for hbo
>>
>>68995736
The writers of this show are under the impression that kings and lords aren't killed just out of common courtesy, not because they have any kind of security measure in place, so whenever any character decides to murder a lord they just do it with no ripercussion
>>
>>69003846
Maybe even Roose just thought it'd be so ridiculously stupid of Ramsay? Which it is. But knowing the writing he'll probably just be magically accepted as the unquestioned lord with comparable status to Roose.
>>
>>69003846
"I've had a trueborn son at last. You're completely superfluous now, Ramsay. What are you doing son? Why am I being stabbed? Oh what a world, what a world..."

This show has an emmy for fucking writing.
>>
>>69003579
The stupid writing is a direct result of D&D having to stand on their own, the mid seasons weren't anywhere near this bad and had more or less the same number of characters
>>
>>69003846
I think it's both, Roose would know Ramsay would become very dangerous as soon as he learned about his brother, I don't believe for a second that he actually thought Ramsay had enough loyalty to him that he'd risk his chance of being heir.

The thing that struck me most while watching it was still "why now?" though. He had the ability to become Lord Bolton and get rid of Fat Walda whenever he wanted, it just seems weird that he'd even bother to let there be a chance of her having a son and somehow failing to kill it. Neither of their moves made any sense.
>>
>>69003951
>Oh what a world, what a world...

I have no idea why this line made your post for me. I can just perfectly imagine Roose saying that in his voice as he falls down in complete apathy to his situation.
>>
>>69003961
maybe he actually did love his father? maybe he was just holding off until he was forced to make a decision?
>>
This show assumes that only one person can be scheming at any one time in a scene. Ramsay is scheming to kill Roose, so Roose cannot be scheming himself, and neither can lord Karstark be planning to take advantage of the power vacuum. Usually it's LF, but this time it was Ramsay.
>>
>>69004047

Karstark seemed really out of place not reacting to the stabbing. Surely he understands that Roose is right about Ramsey? I mean what the fuck could be going through that guys head?
>>
>>69004020
He didn't seem too torn up about it though. Even if he did, it still didn't stop him from killing him, why not just kill him earlier and still be kind of sad about it? I still liked the episode well enough (better than the last one anyhow) but this just reminds me of the Sneks killing everyone again.
>>
>>69004047
can it really even be said to be a scheme though? He could've done that impulsively and the results would've been the same. He just stabbed him in front of the Karstark dude, who my best guess was only okay with it because Ramsay was down for killing Jon Snow.
>>
>>69003961
Maybe he was waiting to see if the baby was a girl or boy? If it was a girl, then it was not a threat to his claim and he wouldn't have to be a kinslayer.
>>
>>69004106
because he's a sociopath? everything he does is to further his position, but that doesn't mean he can't care for another person. he probably did care for his dad until he got in the way of the only person that actually truly matters
>>
>>68995736

ramsay had a baby brother on the way BUT he was legitimized as a bolton AND had sansa, the key to the boltons aligning with the stark name and legitimizing their rule of the north.

because ramsay was married to sansa he didn't have much to fear of his dad choosing his new son over ramsay as an heir.

but in this moment ramsays men couldn't get sansa AND the baby is revealed without a doubt to be male. Roose makes a point of saying "you'll always be my first born" in an attempt to stop ramsay from doing something rash but it clearly didn't work.

its not just derp coulda done this for 9 months but ill do it right at this moment, the bigger thing that happened were sansa being gone and clearly escaping capture because the men ramsay sent died. being married to sansa was what was important about ramsay to the bolton house. sansa being gone and clarly being protected along with his sibling being confirmed male (it was a guess before there are no ultra sounds) was why ramsay did what he did when he did it.
>>
>>69003961
Considering how relaxed he was in response I'm guessing Taintlick Karstark and Ramsay had an off scene alliance like the Sand Sneks with every castle guard except Areo
>>
>>69004173
This would make sense to me if he were any other character, but as the completely amoral sadist he's portrayed as, I just can't see him caring very much. Maybe he was torn up between killing his dad and not, but he clearly wasn't hugely opposed to the idea and I think the appeal of killing her earlier and seizing power, as well as choosing a more opportune time would have outweighed any gripes he had about it.
>>
>>68995736
>Why did it take Ramsay 96 episodes to kill Roose if it was that simple and easy?
Because he was a bastard, and he wasn't on the show for most of those 96 episodes, and you're dumb and stupid.
>>
File: 1459006058172.gif (744 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1459006058172.gif
744 KB, 300x168
>>69000253
>>68999367
>>
>>69001306
how girl get pragnet
>>
>"I have become oddly fond of my fat little wife. The two before her never made a sound in bed, but this one squeals and shudders. I find that quite endearing. If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That’s for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. Walda will grieve to see them die, though.”

This is what Roose says in the book.
>>
>>69004288
he does look away when he does it. For Ramsey that kind of says something
>>
>>69004384
based roose
>>
I would have been more accepting of it if they just had a quick scene last season or last episode where one of Roose's men refuses to do a task, or shows some sort of disdain towards the lord. They could have incorporated it last week. One reaction shot. Jesus. I don't know what's happened to this show, I'm so bored of it now.
>>
>>68995736
Does anyone else think Ramsay actually poisoning Roose would have been better?
>>
>>69005639
Would have been better. But if I'm allowed to bring up the books again, he is extremely cautious of poison there. He only eats or drinks whatever his most obvious enemy (Manderly) has already tasted.
>>
How do you people not get that Roose has a blind spot concerning his son? He thinks his son is not stupid enough to kill a top strategist in the middle of a war.
>>
>>68998947
>Now I'm reconsidering
The show uses murder more often than Dexter. I assume by the end of the series only background extras to be alive.
>>
>>69005840
Because Ramsay is an unstable murdering lunatic. Son or not, a person like Roose, who is supposedly more cruel and definitely more calculating than Ramsay, should have been prepared.
>>
>>69005982
He literally does not believe his son could be THAT stupid. This isn't a violence issue, this is an intelligence issue. Ramsay is retardedly violent. Roose can't understand that. He understands Ramsay will kill his heirs, but he doesn't understand that Ramsay'd be stupid enough to kill him in the middle of a war with every other house. The reader/viewer does.
>>
>>69005840
>>69006106

But he is aware that he's that stupid hence the Sansa/Theon escape lecture
>>
>>69006202
No no, he's aware he's an idiot for having playthings, but is endeared by it.

But unaware Ramsay thinks he's smart enough to handle wartime strategy.
>>
>>69006237
Not torturing people who can be used as leverage during a war is a war time strategy
>>
>>68997598
D&D writing everyone, and this shitfest is just starting.
>>
>>69006263
Theon no longer has any leverage. Sansa/fArya is similar; Roose does not approve. But this is different to killing your very accomplished father; no one would be that stupid (or so Roose thinks).
>>
>>69006106
Then it isn't a stupidity issue of Ramsay, but of Roose. If he isn't capable of understanding that Ramsay can lash out against him in rage or in a moment of stupidity, then it is Roose who is retarded. Which doesn't make sense, because previous seasons (and the books) have shown Roose is extremely intelligent and cautious.

Even more so because of the lack of northern houses. In the books Ramsay is hated by pretty much everyone. If Roose ever dies prematurely the other houses would slaughter him. The lack of enemies Ramsay has in the show should make Roose even more cautious.
>>
>>68995736
It was better to wait until his father had already captured much of the north and gained allies. Hes not smart enough to be a military leader, so this works out better for him
>>
>>69006385

The blatant conceit in his decision making should be at least somewhat apparent to Roose

He was torturing Theon when he still held value and Sansa is the fastest way to get the rest of the North on the Bolton's side

I don't think Roose has a perfectly clear idea of what sort of antics to expect from Ramsay but the escape of Sansa should have reminded him of Ramsays impulsiveness/instability at least enough to be on guard
>>
>>69002622
Not to mention he uses him as a cat's paw. Roose pretends to the other Lords that he has no involvement with his bastard, and denounces him, in the first book. Ramsey in turn has enough base cunning to escape captors and fool the people he targets for easy capture. Ramsey isn't DUMB in the books... he's much smarter than TV Ramsey... but he also knows his place, and his father knows how to keep him in it.

So much better.
>>
>>68995736
y would ramses kill him its not like the kid would have a bettee claim to the north
>>
>>69006263
You can torture them as long as you keep them alive and in tact, under many different circumstances. Ramsey went too far with Theon, if he hadn't cut off his dick Theon would have remained usable as a hostage to some degree. But Ramsey really seemed rather attached to this particular victim.
>>
>>69000923

>sneks kill Doran
>who will lead the nations people in war?
>sneks have no formal training in warfare (plot twist they suddenly do)
>sneks have large swaths of royal palace guards on retainer some how to make this all happen
>why will the populace follow them to war?
>Obby died in a legit duel
>prince dies under suspicious circumstances
>princess of largest nation on continent dies of poisoning
>retribution incoming
>civil war all over (just what you wanted right? Not to kill the people responsible for your (aunt? cousin?) death, but utter indiscriminate civil war that will fuck everything up for years to come).
>congrats sneks you make an even larger mess for when aegon arrives
>aegon will no long arrive with dorne assistance, he will arrive in a civil war

>roose dies and ramsey the crazy shit is now going to lead the winterfell north?
>random cover up
>everyone knows he's a crazy fuck
>why would they support him? (fear presumably, but why won't this end up like wall this season, immediately apprehended).

D&D just don't seem to think through character or plot motivations. Characters are derailed as fuck.
>>
>>69007291
Yeah, you can torture them but doing it without any goal outside of inflicting pain isn't a solid strategy which Ramsay seems to believe he is constantly pulling off

my point was that it increases the chances of a person fleeing. especially in Sansa's case who can't be confined as much without damaging ones claim through her
>>
>>69002334

This, Ramsey's killed wives and kids before. Where is Roose's entourage as fucking lord of the north? There's got to be a few hard loyalists to Roose for all that has happened to come to pass, they ain't going to let a kid like Ramsey kill or take his place. It's fucking Roose with the political agenda/connections.

Shit's not thought through and hopefully Ramsey either dies next episode or has to go on the run. Still doesn't excuse the lax security for individuals with pasts like these.
>>
>>69005639
Yes. He killed his own father in front of two witnesses and then feed the stepmother and halfbrother to dogs. Didn't Winterfell have people working for them, guards, stuff like that? I mean, he's a manlet sociopath but they portray him as The Joker, no consequences for his actions whatsoever.
Pretty sure for something like that other houses would killed him in a blink of an eye and then claim the North for themselves.
>>
>>69007823
I'll agree, there. I much prefer the book version where Ramsey is concerned. I like how the actor plays him, but the writing is pretty bad.

In the book the problem was that Roose was not at Dreadfort when the shit with Theon went down. In the book he gets his hands on Jeyne and forces her to pretend she's Arya and marry him, rather than it being Sansa.
>>
>>69007999
I hope they at least show this, no one would be loyal to Ramsay. Roose was a great strategist, and while he was a calculating psychopath, he wasn't needlessly cruel without any agenda. Everyone knows Ramsay is the "mad dog" and no one is going to go along with that, even with Roose at least his allies knew that when their wills aligned he would be a good asset, hell he was even more reliable than most other lords since you could trust he would make decisions to his benefit without emotion getting in the way. Ramsay is a loose canon and no one is going to want to deal with that, except maybe the Karstarks, and only because they want all the Starks dead.
>>
>>69008108
In the book the other houses are off being decimated in a war, and Ramsey takes advantage of the chaos. He also sacked Winterfell, murdering everyone who survived Theon's blunder, and burnt most of it.
>>
>>69001358
meh, Ramsay is a crazy mad dog nigger. The heir to the Kastarks seemed pretty chill with watching his Lord get stabbed, obviously him and Ramsay planned this after word the FatFrey was making a baby. Also, the Kastark heir just seems like a buttmad son who wants blood, as he instantly is on board with killing Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Tyrion being a dragon tamer makes sense cause he's smart doode who loves and respects dragons, and I've always thought he might be a secret Targaryen anyways. There's supposed to be a dragon with 3 heads. 3 Targaryens so Tryion, Griff, and Dany. Or maybe swap Griff with Jon, idk.

Davos is a bitch who needs someone stronger than him to follow, but him begging for miracle magic was kinda wanky.
>>
>>69002378

Then slow the fuck down.

They split ASOS into 2 fucking seasons, then rushed AFOC and ADWD in ONE season. Slow the fuck down, the series is slow 'politics' and backstabbing with some lore.

I just don't comprehend the producers or D&D motivations beyond money grubbing. They don't care about telling this story at all.
>>
>>69002765

So, are we taking bets on him getting quentin'd? Given the whole scene we had this episode.
>>
>>69006445
>>69006106
>>69005982
Y'all are retarded. Roose whole thing is take power and seize it when you can. He obviously groom Ramsay for this very moment, as a Bolton, he expected nothing less. I mean, he literally told his first born that he was going to kill him like the mad dog he is.

Also>>69004384

based Roose. More proof he was just grooming his son to flay the entire north.
>>
how much of a cuck is the karstark who just watched like a bitch tho
>>
>>69008845
god, you're all retarded. You're all nitpicking the show over the dumbest shit. That cuck obviously made some sort of alliance with Ramsay or he wouldn't have just watched that fucking with a smile, jesus use your common sense.

I honestly don't even think the show is that good, and the books suck dick with the exception of Game of Thrones.

Like this fucking anon>>69008474

It's not fucking hard to put 2 things together.

I will say that everything going on in Dorne right now is fucking absolutely retarded tho.
>>
He probably didn't want to kill him. Then fatso got pregnant, dad started talking shit, and he felt he was going to be robbed of what was his and couldn't stand for it. When he said his father's last words meant a lot, he wasn't lying, or did you not pay attention to his character aside from the torturing and shit.
>>
>>69008474
>There's supposed to be a dragon with 3 heads. 3 Targaryens so Tryion, Griff, and Dany. Or maybe swap Griff with Jon, idk.

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon getting summoned would make more sense than that shlock you just posted.
>>
File: disappointment.png (428 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.png
428 KB, 600x450
>>69008568
I'd almost bet money that on the season finale he'll get abruptly killed by another stupid insta-kill dagger. Probably some stupid shit like Sir Friendzone or Grey Worm abruptly deciding they need to protect DA KHALEESIIIIIIII from foreignors or something by doing shit they were never told to do.

I mean at this point they've run out of shit to shock people with so they're going to perma-kill a beloved character by seasons end.

Right now, that list consists of two, maybe three people. Tyrion, Bron the sell sword, or Jaime. They long since established Jon as male Danny Sue, so the revival was no surprise. Maybe they'll kill Brienne so we can have another 7 seasons of Sansa-torture.

On a side note, does anyone even give a flying fuck about Arya anymore? Where the fuck is this stupid as shit arc even going? Every time I see her I get pissed because it's basically fluff to eat up 15-20 minutes of an episode so they don't have to actually write progression
>>
>>69009205
Did you even read the books or wiki shit?

In the House of the Dead, during Dany's vision some shit happens with the Red Keep and it's snowing, a blow flower on a wall, and then some nigger tells her about a dragon with 3 heads and riders.
>>
>>69009243
blue flower* It's supposed to represent Lyanna sexy pussy and the wall is The Wall. It was one of the first hints that Jon was Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.
>>
>>69009243
Nigger I'm saying that Tyrion being a secret targ makes as much sense as Blue Eyes getting summoned in this show. It's about as equally stupid and non-sense. I'm not saying anything about the concept of a dragon with 3 heads and 3 riders.
>>
>>69008969

People are nitpicking stupid shit because the whole series is built on details and character development which went out the window when D&D started writing on their own. And the common sense answer isn't an answer that appeals to detail obsessed fans
>>
File: giphy.gif (397 KB, 400x421) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
397 KB, 400x421
>>69009226
The whole thing with arya was a test to begin with.

>Quasimodo has to become anonymous
>She can't identify as herself anymore
>mfw that nigger shape shifter asks her to triforce as her last task to become faceless.

>>69009282
This show has proven much like the twd that it will go through mental gymnastics to justify a plot that makes little to no sense.

Which is fine I guess in worlds with dragons magic or zombies.

But it kind of takes away from the finality of death with main characters if a character like red wench or Glenn dumpster magically saves the day in completely unrealistic ways. I get they are fiction, but sometimes it feels like they are lazy and just say 'fuck it' these fucks will watch whatever we smear on the screen.
>>
>>68995736

Well all the subjects are just there to support their house. They're not allowed to meddle within the noble family affairs. So if one kills another, it's not their place to decide what happens; the person with the highest authority (heir, queen, etc.) takes over.

Roose sealed his own fate by making Ramsay legitimate. He seemed edgy and hard but in the end, he got too soft with his bastard son. Not sure how long people will follow him now that Ramsay is the head.
>>
Spoilers:

Tyrion gets Quinten'd

Arya finds needed and becomes someone again. Boogies back to Westeros with her new found powers with The House of Black and White tailing.
>>
>>69003961
Maybe Ramsay is just implusive, and not calculating like Roose, which is going to bring down House Bolton?
>>
>>69009226

>death by dragon
>by grey worm
>by Victorian
>by varys
>by harpies/slavers

They really could write him into a number of ways of dying.

Could also get grey scale etc. The question is how well it's presented and what 'role' he is there to fill now. As quentin's comes to mind more. But you never know with these writers, the 'where' is fucking lost as characters just move so fast politically and seem to travel vasts distances quickly. They somehow got Mycella's body back to KL really, really quickly AND didn't really have much to say on the subject of who killed her and what are they going to do about it.

Shows only gotten sloppier and we can only write longer and longer rants.
>>
File: LittlefingerPose.png (389 KB, 346x524) Image search: [Google]
LittlefingerPose.png
389 KB, 346x524
Wait guys. I think they're setting up Roose to finally fuck up big time and have this big guy kill him off for good.
>>
>>69004288
>>69004288

Fey's: Where's walda and the kid? What happened to Roose? Who are the enemies and how/what poison was used? What's Ramsey up to at that time? What support does he have? Does he have any larger scale leadership? We know he's killed his wife and things before, why/how does anyone support him?

Killing Roose needs to back fire, there's no logical way to explain all these events with other houses just shrugging and being completely fine with it. Fuck once news gets south it's only going to be further hell as everyone else marks them as greater traitors. Ya'll can't go around on a backstabbing spree without the consequence of solidifying alliances in opposition that are happy to remove you. Sure they want to 'free the north' but they are going to fucking turn on you because of your actions or ally with southerners.
>>
I thought Ramsay actually loved his father and that was one of his only redeeming qualities. Oh well, guess he's just CUHRAZZZZEEEE
>>
>>69004093

The karstark is probably just waiting for the go ahead to kill his own father/uncle as well, I doubt he's THE decision maker for the whole family/clan, just the liaison that works with Ramsey, who is completely fine with his tactics, killing their best politician/connections guy/actual war planner because /reasons/.

How is 'I hate starks' and 'it's perfectly fine to backstab, break tradition, kinslay etc' a unified goal. Sure they want to put themselves as a high ranking family, but doesn't that mean fighting Boltons + that other family and then the rest of the north/south if a revolt happens? Have all the northerners going insane and forgotten that there's shit about to hit the fan in the far north and yet another civil war brewing down south?
>>
>>69011076
>thinking someone who does the things he does is capable of loving a person

how stupid are you
>>
>>69011152
I am kinda like that jerk off in some ways, and I agree. The only reason I do anything for anyone else is if I get something out of it. Unconditional love is for hippies and theists.
>>
>>69002164
The problem here is that show-Tyrion is not established as a dragon fanboy until the scene before. Book-Tyrion would definitely take the risk.

I mean, why didn't he escape with Varys and have a lackey kill his waifu and father?
>>
>>69011152
I don't think those things are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>68995736
Because Ramsey got triggered. He's wasn't exactly portrayed as a rational, level-headed character before.
>>
>>68998947
When he unchained the dragons, I thought for sure he was going to get Quentyn'd.
>>
>>69010514
If it brings down the house then cool, but just knowing DD there will be few to no repercussions, just like the Sneks killing all the leaders of Dorne. They don't seem to be portraying either of those as bad choices. We'll see though, if it turns out badly for him it'll be some consolation.
>>
>>69011891
Then the 2nd nigger dragon was like ' unleash me you fuck'

That was pretty cool.
>>
>>69011891
That would've been the lellest.
>>
>>68995736
He had such a cool voice too. I have no problem with Ramsay's rise to complete assholedness though.
>>
Anybody have a problem with Ramsey's actor? He's the least intimidating guy ever and the way he plays it, he just comes off as an edgy little kid who'd have his ass handed to him by literally anyone in an armor. My suspension of disbelief isn't strong enough to watch this embarrassment of a series thinking he's like the most feared guy in Westeros.
>>
>>69008729
So he wanted to die? What are they, siths? Come on.
>>
>>69012686
I kind of felt that way too.

I think it is a mental disorder combined with a little man syndrome. He is pissed at his Father and tries to validate himself through unnecessary cruelty.

Also -98765 for HBO being a puss and not letting us see the fat bitch and baby get eaten.

I feel like it takes away from the act by not showing it.
>>
THE KING IN THE NORTH
>>
>>96
>>
File: we don't have to take anymore.png (306 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
we don't have to take anymore.png
306 KB, 600x300
>>69001550
Well let's break it down, since I think all of the murders so far can be justified

>Doran and Trystane
Public was getting tired of Doran's shit, sat on his throne for 20 years appearing to do fuck all against the Lannisters except give them the cold shoulder.
This wasn't properly shown in the show. Should have been, would've been really easy. 4/10.
Trystane got killed without there being any witnesses. Even Tommen thinks it was Cersei doing it... I guess that's a murder that'll never be made public I suppose.

>Balon
Rickety ass bridge in the middle of a storm with no witnesses. If not for the stabbing it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume this was an accident.

>Roose Bolton & family
Ramsey's a crazy bastard that nobody dares oppose. The only witnesses are a terrified maester and a traitorous Karstark who's salty his dad got punished for treason.

In all of these examples, the general public and most of the guards aren't going to know who's doing the killing, and if they do, they believe said person had it coming anyway.

Now, if somebody kills all the Tyrells and seizes power, or if Littlefinger does something in the Riverlands or the Vale again people are gonna be asking questions-- which is exactly what happened in Season 4 after Lysa got fucked.
>>
>>69009557
This is complete bullshit, a house as old and as powerful as Bolton should have an enormous number of people with different levels of political influence and succession rights, not to mention several important sub houses with influence and hundreds of direct retainers loyal to Roose.

They are not in an absolutist state, they are in a feud on a feudal kingdom, power isn't centralized at all.
>>
would Roose have been spared if the baby was a grill?
>>
They could have done Roose's death much much better

The maester shouldn't haven't been in the room for starters; that's just ridiculous

Two you can't stab a guy and claim poison that's fucking retarded.

A better death would have been Ramsey and Karstark holding Roose down and shoving poison down his throat with a funnel
>>
>>68995736
I also thought that was completely whack. Rose was supposed to be smart n shit, too. Like he wouldn't have seen that coming? Fuck. The current problem is we're losing complex characters like roose and stannis and getting in their place.... sneks.
>>
>>69013540
You are an idiot.
>>
>>69013798
That actually would have been a better death. It's not like Westeros has a forensics department; they'll believe it.
>>
>>69013796
https://www.tumblr.com/search/equal%20rights%20for%20men%20and%20women

Let's be honest and take a note from the Chinese.
>>
>>68995736
Also, I could kind of, kind of, understand the guards not giving a shit when that dorn Prince was killed. Fine, they believe in the women whatever. Wtf was this, though? Roose Bolton had just manufactured all sorts of wins for his people, and so not a single one will give a shit when he's murdered by his fucked up bastard? Come on. That's horseshit. Got started out good because I didn't know who was going to die and characters were pretty unpredictable. Now it's pretty clear which camp who falls into.
>>
What kind of a stupid fucking retard would choose Ramsay as his lord over Roose?
How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that Ramsay would do a better job?
>>
>>69009282
>Tyrion being a secret targ
He is though.
>>
>>69014058
Those guys, they pledge to a flag which is litteraly a man skinned alive
>>
>>68996596
We still have our smart evil mustache-twirler Littlefinger
>>
>>69014058
The Karstarks are not very bright in the books either.
>>
>>69014058
This.
Roose was a cold and calculating motherfucker who knew what he had to do to secure the North.
Ramsay is just a unpredictable bloodthirsty maniac bastard.
>>
>>69013824
>Not even countering anything I'm saying
Wew
>>
>>69014344
Read the books.
>>
>>69007632
>aegon

we show friend

there is no aegon

there is greyjoys -> mereen -> dany
>>
>>68995736
Smae shit happneed to Prince Doran who suppose to be loved by everyone

LoL NOPE only his black guard loved him nvm
Thats some shit writing. Did same happened in the books?
>>
>>68998853
I can bet right now, Cersei son is going to get killed in a stupid matter and no one will bat an eye.

What a fuck, Balon, Doran and Bolton suppose to be the lords, they can't even have 2 loyal guards around them?
>>
>>68995736
Anybody else feel like they should have had him and Balon die in seperate episodes. I liked both their death scenes but it felt kinda rushed having them both be crammed into the middle of an episode
>>
>>69001550
Game of Thrones opens at the end of a decades long peace and prosperity under Robert Baratheon. The whole point of the show is its a time of crisis and anarchy the likes of which hasn't been seen in 20, 300 or 8,000 years.
>>
>>69014481
No,in the books Doran plotted to marry his son to Daenerys and unite with Targaryens is alive and playing the game of thrones like other big boys and girls.He seems to be an important part of the future plot and definetely not a throwaway character.
>>
>>69014553
bolton didn't even need any guards, he just needed to have the backup of thousands of supporters and the likes any lord of his stature should have
>>
>>69014426
that'll never be completed. he's got 2000 pages to write and he releases a book every 5 years

his fat ass will be lucky to live another 5 years
>>
>>69014426
The show and books aren't the same anymore.

That's why I'm not pissed off about The Northern Conspiracy or Aegon or Arianne or anything else that's been cut.

We're talking about the show. Deal with it.
>>
>>69014768
Good, he seemed like a normal guy who actually want peace. D&D just killed him for shock value and added sneks for girl power effect.
>>
he called him a mad dog and wanted to deprive him of his revenge

you saw how angry he was that his waifu got taken away from him
>>
>>69014154

That went out the window when the show decided to make him need to be saved by fricking Sansa.
>>
>dude roose doesn't serve a purpose anymore in our simplified good vs evil plot
>let's make ramsay kill him suddenly because ramsay is evil, right
>oh and add in ramsay killing roose's newborn son too for shock value
>*accepts writer paycheck*
>>
>>69010707
>>69010707
pretty sure his death will be anticlimactic and rushed. meh. they already ruined his character anyway
>>
So this show is alternating between having scenes of convenient rescues and scenes of lords dying now?
>>
>>68995736
I not too upset that Roose and Martel died, but how they died is breaking my sense of the world.

I mean, Tyrion at least had to go on the run for ages.
>>
>>69014553
>Doran has some big black guy with a huge weapon as a guard
>gets stabbed in the back by a 5'3 snek chick and dies instantly

bravo
>>
He didn't have 20 good men to back his ass up.
>>
>>69016352

One of my biggest complaints. It's not so much that they died as in how.

It was just handled so poorly, felt rushed and had no dramatic effect because of it. People just stand there and go whep, that's a thing, time to go on with our lives.
>>
>>68995736
ramsay played the role of the obedient son. he tolerated his fathers nonsense even the story of his mom being raped by him

he never stepped out of line though he did go a bit far with theon as far as his father was concerned

when it was clear there was no reason to continue to be obedient he killed him and the competition. now he is king.

the extended family would get whats coming to it later if he doesnt die
>>
>>68995736
It was so anticlimactic. Roose deserved a better end. At least an intense standoff where ramsey's 20 good men and roose's guards are pointing swords at each other and Ramsey convinces them that he's the new lord because he's the heir.
>>
>>69016504
This, with both of those as shown there would of been a need to kill off a number of supporters.
>>
>>69016504
Everyone hated Roose anyways for his part in the Red Wedding. Plus he is sociopath himself, no one will be sorry to see him go.
>>
>Ramsey, all of the Wildlings and the NIght's Watch are coming to kill you
>"Give me 20 good men"
>Ramsey wins
>>
>>69016578

The people who are supporting him were probably happy about the Red Wedding. Same reason the Karstarks are even supporting him, because they hate Robb and the Starks. And Ramsay is far worse than Roose. So it still makes no sense.
>>
>>69016630
Ramsay will say Roose died of poison and Walda died of childbirth. The only witnesses of the murders were the Karstark guy and the Maester, and they're shit scared of Ramsay.
>>
>>69016724
Poison by stabbing?
>>
>>69016724

I can understand the Maester. But Karstark can just go home after not saying anything to his face, spread the truth and nobody would support Ramsay. Roose won their support by organising the Red Wedding and offing Robb, who they all hated. Why would they give a shit about some crazy mad dog, jumped up bastard? Just become the leader of the north yourself. Hell, your family is an offshoot of the Starks so carries far more weight.
>>
>>69016750
They'll just cover up the stab wound.
>>
>>69016832
Want an explanation for that?
SHIT HACK WRITING
Just stop bothering to make sense of the garbage plot. I stopped.
>>
>>69016578
You'd still want Roose over fucking Ramsay
At least Roose can control his temper and isn't unnecessarily cruel
>>
Because other northmen hate Karstarks too. They also took part in Red Wedding.
>>
>>69016832
In the books, Boltons and Lannister are still allies. So no one will mess with them, because Lannisters will execute the Northmen hostages they have.
>>
>>69014970
more than 2000, I'd say at least 3000 pages
>>
>>69016832
Because just like real life people, fictional people can be irrational and pick the simplest and most convenient solution at times.
>>
I think the whole point of the scene was to show how short sighted Ramsay is. He doesn't care about the consequences.
>>
>>69003858
>he still pays for cable
>doesn't enjoy video streaming master race
>for free
>>
>>69001644
So that was walder frey's daughter which kills his alliance with the freys. Ramsey's then going to gain the ire of every northern house except for the 5 he named by attacking the night's watch. He doesn't know what he's doing at all. He's just a mad dog.
>>
Northmen are not loyal to Boltons. They are only pretending to be because Lannisters have some of their family as hostage.
>>
>>69003250
all the houses are just waiting for an excuse to turn on the Boltons, remember that most of them had a relative murdered in the red wedding.
>>
>Better have a son to further the family line
>Never mind the fact I'm rubbing it in the face of the guy who already killed Domeric, it'll be fine!

LE ROOSEMAN, STERN TACTICIAN MASTERMIND
>>
>>69017615
the only possible explanation is that he wanted ramsay to kill him and be the new lord bolton
>>
>>69017615
In the books, Roose doesn't even care. He knows House Bolton is doomed the moment he dies and Ramsay takes over,
>>
My problem with all this Ramsay shit:

>"Hurr durr the north is loyal to the Boltons"
>Last trueborn Bolton is fucking murdered
>good job Ramsay

Calling this shit now:
>Sansa makes it to the wall and links up with god-emperor Jon
>Ramsay goes to the wall and has a huge battle with Jon, Night's Watch, and wildlings
>Sansa gets shot with an arrow and lays dying
>Jon holds her while she makes him promise to take back the north
>Interlace this with Ned Stark's sister making Ned promise to adopt Jon as his own, thus revealing Jon's true heritage

If they don't do this I'm dropping the show for real
>>
>>69016724
>Walda died of childbirth. The only witnesses of the murders were the Karstark guy and the Maester, and they're shit scared of Ramsay.
Except Walda paraded with her son in front of everyone to get to where the dogs were.
>>
>>69017237
Roose practically called him a retard seconds earlier. "If insist on acting like a wild dog, you will be treated as such".
>>
That was the whole point of the Ramsay character. He does things without thinking.By killing Walda he is going to lose Frey alliance.
>>
>>69004173
If it was a girl, Ramsey would have given her cunny a dicking so that he could make sure he's recognized as Roose's heir by marriage.
>>
>>69018081
>Walda he is going to lose Frey alliance
might even start a war
>>
>>69018203
Freys have other things to be worry about though. The entire North and Riverlands are after their heads.
>>
>>69001133
>It wasn't calculated
Karstark was in on it, clearly it was premeditated
>>
>>69018317
Karstark was just going with the flow. He supported Ramsay's idea to attack the night's watch. Probably thought Roose was too weak to lead or some shit. Dumb millenials don't know how to rule a kingdom like their fathers.
>>
>>69018696
Ramsay probably offered him land and lordship or money.
>>
>>69018696
>Karstark was just going with the flow
Yeah that certainly explains why he had no reaction at all when Ramsay stabbed his father, I guess Roose was just going with the flow at the Red Wedding too
>>
>>69003118
>Umbars
>supporting the Boltons

hahahahaha
>>
Why did Robb get surrounded by such shitty lords like Roose and Karstak after Jon Umber disapears in season 1?
>>
I'm mainly getting pisses at the lack of guards and support all these important people suddenly have. You're telling me Doran, Roose and Balon, all important people that probably know their own deaths is all that stands between other people gaining massive power, aren't gonna surround themselves with plenty of loyal skilled guards and high-ranking lieutenants at all times? Maybe Roose had trust in Ramsey but the others knew they were hated.
>>
Ramsay respected roose and accepted his mentorship. He only killed him when he was out of options.

>>68998289
Calm down elio
>>
>>69011891
That would have been a ballsy move by Dabid.
>>
Soon to be Extinct Houses:

Bolton- Only one member left.

House Frey.

Baratheon- Probably already extinct, it depends on whether Stannis is alive or not.

And House Martell is already extinct.
>>
>>69016832
Not anyone can become leader of the North. You have to have a claim. Ramsay had to marry Sansa to claim it, in the books he married fake Arya.
>>
>>69013540
Nothing anywhere said anyone in Dorne hated having a cowardly king, until conveniently after he was already stabbed and they just stood there shouting out the justification.

Just because they provide justification for something doesn't automatically fit it right into the plot as a sensible thing to happen.
>>
>>69018696
He just know Ramsay is too retarded to rule and with both Starks and Boltons both gone Karstarks might become the new overlords.
>>
>>69003797
>He'll be dead by the end of season because surely even D&D are smart enough to realize how ridiculously implausible his situation is.

He wont though, they'll keep him in solely because he's "le evil psycho man" that creates shocking moments or tension with his screentime. It's basic HBO at this point, you're not going to drop someone like him anytime soon. He'll probably be the fucking night king at this rate and kill everyone in westeros.
>>
>>69019182
gendry
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.