[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think The Dark Knight is better than this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: batmanbegins.jpg (208 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
batmanbegins.jpg
208 KB, 1000x1500
Why do people think The Dark Knight is better than this masterpiece?
>>
Batman Begins = Better comic book film
The Dark Knight = Better film
The Dark Knight Rises = Better Memes
>>
TDK gets romanticized as being better because Ledger was in it and died as the movie came out.

I still think Ledger was great as the Joker, but BB is as good if not better.
>>
>>68994327
First post is the best post as always.
>>
File: 1403056928887.jpg (107 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
1403056928887.jpg
107 KB, 1000x688
TDK is only good for Ledger's performance.
The movie as a whole is actually really weak, full of pacing issues and bloated to all hell. The end is also major ass.
>>
>>68994327
That's...actually true.
>>
Watched it again recently. The thing with the flowers was stupid. And Bale doing the gravel voice was irritating at times.
But it's not that bad.
>>
>>68994327
>>68994454
>>68994508
But Batman Begins is the better film.
>>
>>68994610
If you prefer comic book film > film than yeah.
>>
>>68994843
How is begins more of a comic book film if Batman doesn't show up until more than an hour into the movie and it doesn't really have any of the super iconic Batman villains? It's also on a most smaller scale than TDK. TDK feels more like a comic book film to me, even with all the crime drama.
>>
>>68995141
Begins delves more into the fantastical elements (e.g. Scarecrow) and has a more fictional comic like style (underground group of revolutionaries, who are trained in martial arts).

I think that's more Comic Book style personally. TDK has elements of comic book but it isn't as prevalent as Begins.
>>
>>68995141
It's an origin story, so the fact Batman doesn't show up for an hour isn't really a big surprise. Is Spider-Man not a comic book film if he doesn't become Spider-Man for an hour?
>>
BB is a great film.
>>
>>68994327
this.

Batman begins has the infamous swear to me scene, and many parts of it scream cheese.
>>
I happened to watch Begins yesterday and TDK today, and while I love Begins, it's not as good. It's always tense, and no one in Begins is as good as Eckhart is in TDK. He really is the unsung hero of the movie.
>>
>>68997530
nah it's more of a joint than a film
tdk is a film
tdkr is a flick
>>
>>68994267
Because once you're done with the origin story, you're left with the most generic "save the city" plot this side of The Dark Knight Rises and Spider-Man 2.
>>
>>68995141
>How is begins more of a comic book film if Batman doesn't show up until more than an hour into the movie and it doesn't really have any of the super iconic Batman villains?
Because once he does show up, it turns into a complete superhero by the numbers bad guy is killing the city consequences will never be the same run of the mill cookie cutter cliched story. And Rahs al Ghul is one of Batman's most iconic villains.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.