[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blade Runner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
File: blade_runner.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blade_runner.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
I'm going to give this another try.

I've tried watching it two or three times before but each time i've gotten bored an either fallen asleep or turned it off.

Can you guys help me enjoy it this time?

Also wondering what version i should unironically torrent. There are 'final cut', 'theatrical' and so on.
>>
Watch Final cut

Also it's boring as fuck sci-fi, it's one of those things that either clicks with you or it doesn't
>>
>>68987814
Watch the final cut.
>>
>>68987814
It's Ridley Scott, he doesn't make exciting, he makes VISUALLY STIMULATING. it's a movie for movie makers.
>>
>>68987814
If you found this boring you have zero hope. I'm a pleb when it comes to cinema and couldn't make it through 2001 but Blade Runner is a ride
>>
>>68987814
It's shit, I've tried it. We just don't share the same views as other people but don't try and make yourself enjoy it just for the sake of others. If the film can't hold itself up then we shouldn't have to make it work for us just because others say they like it.
>>
>>68987814
Watch Final Cut
theatrical is for the fat cows who forgot to take there ADHD meds.
>>
>>68990210
>i don't like it
>the film doesn't hold up

Make your mind you retard.
>>
>>68990525
I don't like it and it doesn't hold up. The movie is fucking shit and lots of other movies have done it's theme so much better. If it wasn't for the visuals then it wouldn't have shit going for it.
>>
>>68987814
I felt sort of the same; I watched it when I was probably around your age and liked it but didn't love it

then I watched it again when I was 19. Holy shit

seriously, just give up on art until you grow up. it works.
>>
>>68990644
>lots of other movies have done it's theme so much better
name them one by one so we can laugh progressively harder at you
>>
Loved the book (do androids dream of electric sheep). Hated the movie, aged pretty badly imo. Although that last speech is great. I just don't like 80s stuff I guess.
>>
>>68990739
So I can name them and then you say Blade runner done them first, I get it. The movie is shit, you may like it but to me it's fucking dirt and nowhere near the level of praise it gets.
>>
>>68990854
just name one

or stop trolling
>>
>>68990934
>You disagree so you must be trolling

I get what the film is doing but it's just not good or enjoyable at all to me.
>>
>>68991034
>still no examples that did it better
>>
>>68991034
it's fine if you don't like it but calling it shit reeks of trolling

is it perfect and flawless? no but it's a well directed, genre defining, visual masterpiece with an interesting story
>>
>>68991034
I think you're too afraid to post some shitty anime as an example.
>>
>>68990644
>is fucking shit

That's some hot opinion you got there champ
>>
>>68991153
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Other movies may have taken influence from it but they all feel so much better than this.

>>68991154
It really was boring to me, I get that it led us to better movies with a similar style but overall it's hugely disappointing for the supposed legacy it left.

>>68991236
I don't watch anime, it's shit.
>>
If you don't like this at the first viewing than you should off yourself.
No excuses.
>>
File: 334.png (397 KB, 800x350) Image search: [Google]
334.png
397 KB, 800x350
>>68990644
>>
>>68991433
>Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Put up or shut up, you troll.
>>
>>68987814

If the cyberpunk city and atmosphere and valis doesnt immedietly pull you in then just dont dude. Its not for you.
>>
>>68987814
>i've gotten bored an either fallen asleep or turned it off
either
1) teenager
2) woman

detected
>>
I've tried watching it like four times and I just fall asleep
>>
>>68991546
>Please give me fuel to shit-sling at you

No.
>>
>>68991667
Are you op or are you a different idiot?
>>
>>68991730
Because you have nothing and you know it.
>>
I marathoned the first 30 minutes a few weeks ago.

Just didn't stick.

Don't understand the attraction.
>>
>>68991836
Yeah, that's entirely it. Nothing at all to do with Blade runner itself.
>>
>>68991730
The only shit-slinging is you.
>>
Hi Jay
>>
>>68991753
Another dude. I wanted to like it but I tried and tried again but kept falling asleep.
>>
>>68990644
>The movie is fucking shit

>>68990854
>to me it's fucking dirt

This really says more about you than about the film
>>
>>68990644
It does hold up. I've watched it twice this week even. I get something new every single viewing.
>>
>>68992077
Yeah, that I don't like shit movies
>>
Blade Runner is shit. The people who like it are almost as bad as the people who like Tron.
>>
>>68991890
>Vagina
>>
>>68987814
stop trying. come to terms with the fact you are pleb
>>
>>68988701
He's made plenty of exciting movies.
>>
>>68992151
No, that you don't know what a shit movie is. And you can't even explain why it's a shit movie.
>>
>>68992151
Give an example of a sci-fi movie that isn't shit in your opinion
>>
In true faggot style OP has yet to actually state any criticism of the movie.
>>
>>68992382
I didn't like it. That's reason enough.

>>68992450
Alien was a great movie.
>>
>>68992573
>I didn't like it. That's reason enough.

That doesn't objectively make the film shit. You sound like a twat, to be honest.
>>
blane runner is an okay popcorn flick i give it a good 3/10 some good great acting from harrison ford and lots of cool special effects if you like sci fi you should give this classic a spin
>>
>>68992573
Let's get some evidence bud.

>other movies have done it's theme so much better
>>
File: tumblr_nlmt84QI9B1tjyawlo1_1280.jpg (289 KB, 1062x792) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlmt84QI9B1tjyawlo1_1280.jpg
289 KB, 1062x792
GOAT atmosphere
GOAT cast
GOAT director in his prime
GOAT story
GOAT soundtrack
GOAT feels
>>
>>68992751
I give it 6 bags of popcorn and two cups of soda.
>>
>>68991667
>>68991890

I really like /tv/ but holy fuck I hope you guys are subtly rusing here
>>
I honestly don't know how you could find Blade Runner boring. It's one of the most interesting and well paced movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>68992871
Fine nigga I was gunna watch tin tin but now I'll try blade runner again
>>
>>68992912
Some people look for different things in movies.
>>
>>68993046
Like what? Recommend me something.
>>
>>68992809
He couldn't tell you what the theme is
>>
>>68992809
>>68992573

He's on google trying to find some
>>
>>68993287
I hope he does. I'd be more mad that he teased me with the existence of solid cybernoir as opposed to him being genuinely stupid.
>>
>>68992573
>Alien was a great movie.

That's the first coherent thing you've said.
>>
File: a67gmz2_460s_v1.jpg (78 KB, 460x1122) Image search: [Google]
a67gmz2_460s_v1.jpg
78 KB, 460x1122
Blade Runner is the ultimate 'comfy' movie.

Until you are old enough/mature enough to understand why...you just wont get it.

Its not like movies today that try to overpower your senses witha million scenes. Its not like capekino full of quips.

BR came out during a time when every movie was basically Rambo. Gen Xers latched onto this film as the definitive update to Noir, even without that nostalgia try to appreciate BR the same way you would an occasionally sad song from a typically upbeat artist.

To me, BR is a deep long breath in an increasingly busy and stuffy congested stressful shitty world.

I was too young to appreciate 2001...and I still dont particulary like it...but I can respect and appreciate it because they are similar master strokes from brilliant directors.
>>
>>68993448
I know, man, I need to know what these films are so I can watch them.
>>
>>68987814
If you have an interest in film-making, visually compelling films or science fiction (proper science fiction) you'll enjoy it. Otherwise it's not for you, which is fine. It's a classic but it's still relatively niche.
>>
>>68992573
>I didn't like it. That's reason enough
the reddit generation ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>68992573
Allien is shit, bro, because I say so. Many other films have done it better. I'd tell you which ones, but I don't remember.
>>
don't watch the one with the narration

>>68990769
movie is so much better than the book
>>
>>68987814

And would you care to tell us what where you expecting from a cyberpunk noir film?

I am just curious since being slow, tense and pyrrhic is the essence of the whole genre.

Cyberpunk is noir with existentialism and social criticism added to the mix.

If you are expecting anything else than that you are wasting your time. If not, go watch the final cut.
>>
>>68991034
Fuck man. Give him at least one example to back up your statement.
>>
File: Rich Evans feel.png (551 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
Rich Evans feel.png
551 KB, 919x720
>tfw most cyberpunk movies are cheap or bad
Why is there such a lack of quality within the genre? Is Hollywood scared to make cyberpunk since Blade Runner flopped?
>>
>>68987814
Sometimes you just have to go in to an older movie expecting not to be extremely excited. It's like forcing yourself to read a famous book everyone else likes and getting to the end. You gotta form your own opinion for yourself, though, regardless.
>>
>>68995248
>Why is there such a lack of quality within the genre?
because genres for the sake of themselves are all shit
blade runner is good not because its cyber punk but because it uses science fiction to reveal truths about mankind
you cant just go out, mimic its aesthetic and remake its thematic material and expect it to be good
>>
>>68987989
>boring as fuck
Different strokes for different folks.
I always considered Blade Runner to be an absolute thriller, I'm on the edge of my seat the whole time... Watching, listening, observing... Thinking.

The pacing in the final cut is absolutely perfect. I get what you mean, though. A lot of people would find certain scenes (ex: going up a lift, unicorn/piano scene) boring because it's subtle. A lot of the scenes leave room for interpretation; it's refreshing to watch something that leaves it to the viewer to put the pieces together (origami cranes, etc.). But with that said, if you don't pay attention, you'll miss it all together.
>>
>>68987814
Take Ritalin, OP. I hear it does wonders for your kind.
>>
the biggest thing that blade runner has going for it is the art style and special effects. Behind that is the story writing, which only suffers because the pacing is a bit slow at times, but still holds up. its good to watch for a general feel of the time and movies in general are good to have a broader pallet. There is also a lot of inspiration present in many movies later, such as city skylines and general aesthetic in Dredd and The fifth element.

Overall, if you can't get through it, don't worry. I tried showing the movie to a group of friends and we ended up not finishing it because of their general disinterest in the movie.
>>
>>68995997
I've been able to watch all of Sergio Leones films without getting bored or unironically falling asleep, including the 4 hour version of once upon a time in america.

It's just something with Blade Runner that bores me. I've made it to the part with the woman and the snake each time.

I'm slow cooking some meat thats done soon and i will start watching the film then.
>>
>>68996116
>I tried showing the movie to a group of friends and we ended up not finishing it because of their general disinterest in the movie.
capeshit jump scare iphone generation doesn't pay attention to a movie that requires you to pay attention to it and dislikes it

shocker
>>
>>68996197
The worst part was that I somewhat expected it to happen. We ended up switching to Kung Fury halfway through because more people showed up which definitely played into ending the movie early. Terry Gillam's Brazil is my last hope at saving them, though we're all Monty Python nerds so it should be okay.
>>
>>68996650
Never suggest a movie when watching with plebs.

They are always going to have a boring time and you will be the one to blame.
>>
>>68995901
>>
File: 1435488380609.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
1435488380609.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>68998500
>>
This movie is fucking slow but overall it's satisfying.
>>
>>68987814

I watched it a couple years ago when I was writing a report on 80s Sci-fi for school, always thought it was visually stunning but really boring and didn't really follow what was happening

OP inspired me to rewatch today, and holy shit I don't understand how I could've been such a massive pleb. The visuals, story, pacing, music, action and dialogue are all brilliant. Even the ending which I didn't like the first time was really good. The only thing I didn't like about it was the intended-to-be-romantic rape scene which was pretty jarring then and now.

It's almost a perfect movie.
>>
File: Prisjpg.jpg (150 KB, 670x1000) Image search: [Google]
Prisjpg.jpg
150 KB, 670x1000
So fucking hot.

Please tell me she did nudes in the early 80s.
>>
>>69000493
Hey underaged nigger, ever heard of SPLASH????????
>>
>>68987814
That's too bad
I guess you should stick to loud, fast, simple action films or perhaps the collected works of Adam Sandler, perhaps you should stick to anything by Pixar or titled Fast and Furious

Good luck

Don't forget to wipe when you shit and remember pull your pants down before sitting on the toilet, it gets confusing sometimes for simpletons like you
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.