[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the It remake will dethrone Shawshank Redemption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: weallsmokedownhere.jpg (75 KB, 949x678) Image search: [Google]
weallsmokedownhere.jpg
75 KB, 949x678
Do you think the It remake will dethrone Shawshank Redemption as best Stephen King movie?
>>
>>68987226
Never, they're different Genres.
>>
>>68987226
If anybody could've done that it would have been Fukunaga, I don't know who's on it now but I don't expect them to be able to do it.
>>
>>68987226
>shawshank redemption
you realize the shining exits right
>>
>>68987561
whether you like the movie or not, The Shining isn't a real Stephen King adaptation
>>
>>68987561
Shawshank
Green Mile
Shining
Lost Boys
Misery
Maximum Overdrive
>>
>>68987675
Did you just have a brain fart and mix up Lost Boys with Stand By Me?
>>
>>68987635
i suppose thats a fair enough statement
>>
Could work. The original shits the bed on the end because it's superficially goofy compared to the book.

But they also won't have Tim Curry, so...
>>
But Carrie is the best King movie.
>>
I once spent 3 nights in jail and they had IT playing on every TV.

24 hours a day. Stephen King's IT.

When it ended it just started back at the beginning. Over and over nd over and over again.

2 stars on Yelp
>>
>>68987772
fuck. yeah. my bad.
>>
>>68987226
I doubt it. To this day that remains my favorite King novel by far and one of my favorite books of all time. The movie barely scratches the surface. Outside of Tim Curry it's a 3 hour waste of time.

The problem is you really can't do a 1200 page novel justice by cramming it into one or two movies. You almost have to do what they did with 11/22/63 to really grasp the whole story.

And with Fukunaga off the project now? Fuck off.
>>
>>68987895
I honestly don't think that's the first time I've seen that mistake.
>>
>>68988060
I agree.

Doing it in two movies though apparently. Curious if one movie will be just them as kids and the next as adults.
>>
>>68988349
I honestly dont think its the first time I've made that mistake.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.