[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I think Phantom Menace was the best of the prequels. It is closer to the OT films than the other 2 movies and captures that Star Wars look and feel. It was shot on 35mm film and still has the great film aesthetic and also the CGI is pretty damn good for 1999. The art design was original and had unique sets, props and costumes. It still has it's goofiness and flaws but it still has some great scenes like the Pod race scene, Goongan submarine chase, The big battle scene was great. After rewatching all 3 of the prequels, Phantom is the most satisfying too me. ROS Is pretty boring up until the last hour of the movie and the whole movie just feels like a soap opera mixed in with some video game live animated cutscenes.

Phantom Menace has everything you would want in a Star Wars movie. It's a Space fantasy adventure,
>>
>>68983762

Firefly fans are the most obnoxious fanbase of any TV show, cancelled or not.

I actually agree with you about Phantom Menace.
>>
I like all the prequels.

Deal with it faggots.
>>
time has been unkind to the prequels and I think a lot of people have come to realize that at least ep1 was a not-terrible movie in its own right, especially compared to the incoherent greenscreen abominations that were eps 2 and 3
>>
My Star Wars rankings (I had not seen any of the movies in full until last year)...

VI > I > V > III > IV > II > VII
>>
>>68983916

Mine would be:

IV>V>VI>I>VII>III>II
>>
The Phantom Menace has some great art direction, set design and it's pretty impressive what they did with the world. It feels familiar and if they had done it right, it could've been the cornerstone to show the actual Golden Age before the rise of the Empire.

Unfortunately the story was shit at the rest of the prequels was 50% Coruscant 50% meandering on exotic planets.
>>
>>68983762
Ki-Adi Mundi was the coolest Jedi and I'm pretty pissed he didn't get more screen time.
>>
IV>V>III>VI>VII>II>I
>>
Anyone still not used to saying "There's seven Star Wars movies now." It still feels really weird in a way.
>>
>>68983762
Let me tell you why your opinion is absolute shit !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
>>
>>68984004
>coolest
Are you serious? It's just some glorified extra whose name isn't even called once in the whole trilogy. How is he anyway cool?
>>
>>68984096
There are still only six movies.

Disney shit is fan fiction-tier at best.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x725
I don't think Bane is a big guy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.