[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Will Ferrell permanently damage his career by getting involved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Will-Ferrell-jerk.jpg (247 KB, 1811x1887) Image search: [Google]
Will-Ferrell-jerk.jpg
247 KB, 1811x1887
Did Will Ferrell permanently damage his career by getting involved with the Alzheimers Reagan movie even though he dropped out of it after people told him it was insulting and horrible?
>>
>>68977345
was that movie supposed to be a comedy..?
>>
>>68977345
Why'd he think it was a good idea in the first place?
>>
>>68977345
He is a "dudebro" actor... he will just make another "dudebro" film like he always does
>>
>>68977345
No, but he hasn't done much good for a long time. The only decent thing he's done in the last few years is probably The Lego Movie
>>
>>68977345
I dunno, but I haven't liked anything he's done in like 20 years.
>>
>>68977503
step brothers was funny
>>
>>68977345
He probably got sold on it being charming and empathetic. That's definitely what the script was going for, not to be insulting as it was. Kind of like the same way the movie Adam treated autism.
>>
>>68977384
Comedic bits center on the idea that president had no clue where he was or what he was doing through the term, the showbiz news site reported.

In one scene, a low-level aid is tasked with convincing the commander-in-chief that he is an actor playing the president in a movie.

In another, there’s a mix-up over a wardrobe assistant named Libby and the country Libya. “I want Libby gone. No more Libby!” Reagan proclaims — leading to the bombing of Libya.

The script was praised in Hollywood circles and was popular enough to draw actors such as James Brolin, John Cho and Lena Dunham to a reading last March, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
>>
You can read the script here if you want

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybNvm-CX6dkSVB5UGFuX2hWWDA/view
>>
>>68977345
nah, the reagan script was one of last year's most widely-read and well-liked scripts in hollywood

all of the people who complained had no idea what the movie was actually going to be about or that the alzheimer's wasn't the butt of the joke, but it was already a pr disaster
>>
This world's full of faggots.
Should've made the fucking movie anyway with middle fingers raised.
>>
>>68977503
>20 years

I think your numbers are off unless you followed him when he was doing improv in LA.
>>
>>68977345
Well seeing as he's been in a movie every year since elf, and seeing as he is insanely rich from acting, I don't see how his career is dead.
>>
>>68977515
Boats and Hoe's
>>
>>68977872
His best roles were in Austin Powers desu
>>
>>68978268
You must not have seen much of his movies since then because that was probably his lamest/least creative role. At the very least he's done that character on steroids a million times.
>>
>>68977345
Only Cruz cuckservatives care about Reagan.
>>
>>68977606
sounds like the excuse liberals are clinging to on this
>>
Oh I don't know.

Did North Korea ruin Seth Rogan's career when it bitched about The Interview and got that shut down?
>>
>>68977495

>dudebro

Nice tumblr term.

Why dont you just fucking break your fingers and bash your own head in on the wall you stupid fuck. I hope you die soon.
>>
>>68977496
>The lego movie
>decent

Okay, lol.
>>
>>68978268
This is true.
>>
>>68977496

>Not liking My Wife's Son: The Movie
>>
Personally I'd watch it if they doubled down to do a comedy with Regan as an Alzheimer's riddled Mr Magoo type...
>>
>>68977345
I really was torn.
Movie mocking the worst president ever was an irresistible force, but starring the worst, most unfunny hack in film history was the immovable object.
Then I found out it was supposed to be sympathic.
Fukken Dropped.
>>
>>68979351
>sympathetic.
Yes, I misspelled it.
>>
DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO!
DUDE REAGAN'S ILLNESS AND DETERIORATING IS HILARIOUS!
>>
>>68979351
>the worst president ever

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Liberals overreached.
>>
DUDE FDR'S POLIO WAS SO FUNNY
>>
>>68978832
hello will
>>
>>68980448
Why couldn't polio victims just rebuild their legs through progressively more intense physical therapy?
>>
File: Reagan_during_a_meeting.jpg (26 KB, 220x328) Image search: [Google]
Reagan_during_a_meeting.jpg
26 KB, 220x328
>>68977345
I don't know, I can't remember.
>>
File: 2r6lcpi.jpg (165 KB, 1163x1599) Image search: [Google]
2r6lcpi.jpg
165 KB, 1163x1599
>>68977584
Been looking everywhere for this, thank you very much. I would post tits in return, but since this is /tv/ have a thick slice of JLH instead.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.