[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
How many times have you attempted to get into this show and how many episodes in did you get?

>3 times
>3 episodes
>>
its outdated now
>>
>>68973667

>9 times
>14 episodes
>>
>>68973689
As a Baltimoron I can assure you it is not.
>>
Tried to dl but no seeds so I gave up. Wish it was on netflix.
>>
The moving the cabinet scene was funnier than anything from a comedy show ever
>>
>1 time
>2 seasons
>>
twice
3 episodes

I thought I was the only one who didn't like this show. I've heard lot of people saying it's the best show ever
>>
>>68973731
It's on Amazon Prime and HBOGo/Now
>>
>>68973667
hol up
*smacks lips*
so uh
*swigs malt liquor*
what you be uh sayin is
*opens swisher sweet package*
we wuz like
*pulls up sagging pants*
chess pieces n shit?
>>
>>68973667
>>68974388
You can't judge the show by 3 episodes you retards. Have a fucking attention span longer than a squirrel.
>>
Several times. I got through the first season once.
>>
>>68973667

I've seen it all the way through 5 times
>>
I got into it right away but I almost gave up when Snoop came into it.

Look at this scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_UuImPL4E

What the fuck.
>>
>>68973667
up until the 5-6th episode i thought as well , that this isn't so great as everybody praises it. but then it got better. or just learned to tell apart one nig from the other. the Joker McNutty is cool guy too, and the rest of the gang also grows to your heart.
S2 is all (or mostly) white.
>>
Three times because I was a pleb, then watched all five seasons.
>>
>>68973667
I was watching it on hbo while they were still making new episodes. There's no shame in just admitting that you're retarded.
>>
>>68973667

The slow pacing of the show really shows when compared to shows of today. It definitely demands the patient viewer.

As someone who had trouble getting into it and now rate it one of the best TV dramas ever, I recommend watching an episode a day. Don't binge it.
>>
It took me like 7 episodes before I started to like it, I'm currently running through it and I'm on the 4th season
>>
File: 1461421332537.jpg (55 KB, 546x479) Image search: [Google]
1461421332537.jpg
55 KB, 546x479
>>68974478
If I'm not hooked after 20 minutes it is because it isn't worth watching.

>it gets good in the second season!
>watch until at least the 10th episode shit gets real then!
>blah blah blah blah!!!!
>>
>>68973667
1 time
Every episode 2 times

Maybe people should go back to marvel shit
>>
Couldn't get past the fake ghetto dialog so I dropped it like 3 episodes in.
>>
1 attempt, been through it at least three times. Season one is 8/10, season two is 6/10, season three is 9/10, season four is got tier 11/10, and season five shits the bed with the mcnulty and journalist storyline back to 6/10.
>>
>>68974478
>It gets good after 3 seasons and 9 episodes, just give it time!
>>
>>68976288
I wish I could hate you to death.
>>
>>68976288
This.
>>
>>68976288
>season two is 6/10
pleb filter
>>
>>68973667
1 time. The first 4 seasons.
>>
>>68976288
My preference. S2>S4>S3>S1. Haven't seen S5.
>>
Once with my brother and we just watched the first episode. Then again several years later where I fell asleep halfway through the first episode.

Somewhere in the intervening years my brother watched it all without me.
>>
>>68973667
I tried it first time only 3 episodes.
I tried it second time and i have seen i twice and consider is best tv show ever along with the sopranos.
s1-s4 are literal 10/10 and season 5 maybe 9/10
>>
>>68973667
>one, watched it all the way through once

It's been said a million times before, but those first few episodes are just a hump you have to get over. Like, it might take you five weeks to get through the first five episodes, but you'll watch the next eight episodes in two or three nights.
>>
>>68977330

what makes it more compelling?
I strugge to care about any of the characters
>>
File: 1461787813167.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1461787813167.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
>try to watch this with gf
>after the first episode she says she doesn't want to watch anymore
>she says she just doesn't get it
>okay fine whatever
>watch the next few episodes without her
>she finds out and gets mad
>she says she doesn't like the idea of me getting into something she can't get into
>tfw she makes me stop watching the show

Is there I way I can get her to give the show another chance? She's a huge liberal, so I thought she would like it when she found out Obama likes it, but apparently she doesn't care. I really want to watch this show.
>>
>>68973667
2 times, can't finish the opening scene of the first episode
what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>68973667

marathoned the first 3 episodes and gave up

>muh drug crime
>>
>>68977429
>being this cucked
>trying to get her to like something because black guys like it
>>
>>68977429

Your gf must be incredibly ugly to be this weird.
>>
>be me
>watch the first 3 episodes of the wire
>oh shit, court proceedings
>this show is going to be really interesting
>I love law and order and The West Wing
>get to the hood
>aw fuck are we in for some hollywood ghetto action shit
>D'angelo starts teaching the little ones how to play chess
>realize the crazy allegorical implications of the chess pieces and the gang organization
>realize this show is deep and patrician as fuck
>watch the rest of the series in the next 3 days
>>
Just pace yourself niggers.

2nd season best season desu.
>>
>>68973667
4 times
1 episode
>>
>>68975479
sorry it can't keep your attention just because it doesn't have explosions and transformers in it
>>
finished full series 5 times
>>
Why the do people like the 4th season sooooo fucking much its beyond the worst season and its the one thats most different than every other season.
The main plot points of the season are

>The guys running for mayor one of them is Dr. CIA (is this why people on here love it?)
>A bunch of fucking eight graders

There is no Avon, stringer or even Jimmy the main fucking character, its also the only season in the whole show where there is no fucking police work, its the only one without an actual wire.

Seriously if you like season 4 the most then you must not like the wire overall because its the one that doesn't really fit. And don't say its season 2 that has stringer, police work and a wire up, showing more of the drug trade and how far it reached. Just because a side story is about working white men doesn't make it different.

If you think season 4 is the best please explain why.
>>
I've watched every single episode 4 times

you're a faggot OP get some taste
>>
>>68977645
man the first episodes and even first season are so different form the rest of the show. Oh well. people like what they like.
>>
2nd season on your first run is gonna be garbage tier

but then on your second go its bretty damn good

if you can't even get into the first season you're fucking retarded

please kill yourself whoever you are
>>
>>68978094
Why season 2 has stringer, avon, prop joe, the drug trade and they work a wire and do good police work, what is this meme that season 2 is bad because one of the side stories is about working white men affected by the drug trade?
>>
>>68973667
i've watched the series in its entirety twice. it had me from the first scene about snot boogy and "this America, man." gotta be some kind of submoron to not see it through.
>>
>>68978013
I wouldn't say 4 is my favorite season but I loved the storyline of the kids and their character arcs leading into the final season
>>
>>68978267
But so many people say its the best and out of all 5 seasons its by far the most different. I just don't get it
>>
>>68977429
maybe you should grow some balls you little bitch. jesus christ
>>
>>68975479
>If I'm not hooked after 20 minutes it is because it isn't worth watching.
no, that means you do not have the temperance, education, or background for the show to appeal to you. by no means does your opinion of 20minutes worth of a sequential narrative equate with the quality of that narrative.
>>
>>68978177
Just felt jarring.

It was hard to feel sorry for whiteys like Ziggy, who was just an idiot.
>>
>>68978386
But it had an actual police investigation, Season 4 had sober jimmy, the mayoral race, and a bunch of eight graders. That is far more jarring for me
>>
I've tried twice, and just give up after a couple of episodes. Perhaps if the show featured some white people, or someone who speaks a way I can understand. All the ebonics just get in the way. Also, I just don't understand why I should care about these characters at all. They're just a bunch of dumb thugs all of them. Very little reason for me to give a shit.
>>
>once
>finished the whole show

it's pretty good desu familia
>>
>>68978521
You will love season 2. One of the sub plots is about white men working on the docks
>>
>>68974610
I can't even understand what she's saying here. Would need subtitles or something, it's like a completely different language. Is that white dude supposed to understand what she's saying at all, or is he just pretending to?
>>
>>68978607
>white men working on the docks
That doesn't really sound compelling either, sorry.
>>
File: Sobby F.jpg (94 KB, 900x670) Image search: [Google]
Sobby F.jpg
94 KB, 900x670
>>68973667
Who Frank Sobotka /here/ ?
>>
>>68978521
>if the show featured some white people
>ebonics just get in the way
>I just don't understand why I should care about these characters
>bunch of dumb thugs

ah, voting for Trump, i take it? well, unless you're a juvenile, which would explain your imbecilic comments.
>>
>>68976288
season 5 is fantastic imo the best
>>
>>68978782
One man, One vote
>>
>>68973667
Why is it so hard?
>>
File: pegs.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pegs.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
>1
>All of them
>>
>>68973667
the wire is average, it's not that great, i prefer the sopranos desu
>>
>>68978787
Found the cuck
>>
>>68978911
>too scared of black people to watch The Wire
>call other people cucks
>>
>>68974631
Season 2 was also the worst Season and I almost quit watching the show because of that. Season 3 is awesome, though.
>>
>One time
>60 episodes
>>
>>68978973
I don't really understand this either. The nignog thugs are hilarious and easily the best part of the show. Even my /pol/ack friend likes the niggiest characters better than the boring white dudes in S2.
>>
>>68977429
she has to be incredibly good in bed
>>
>3 times
>60 episodes

It may be a little slow to start, but there's a reason it's considered one of the greatest shows of all time.

Stick with it.
>>
>>68978898
Is sopranos worth sticking with? My girl and I recently tried and got like three episodes in but they're such cartoonish stereotypes of mobsters it was hard to take seriously. Also I hated any scene with Tony's whiny mother.
>>
2nd season is best. it's underrated because it's about working class whites and too many liberals want to show to be all about white guilt masturbating. that's why everyone says season 4 is the best because it's a white guilt overload, still a great season though.

rankings:

2 > 3 = 4 > 5 > 1
>>
File: jaguarsfan.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
jaguarsfan.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>68977429
>she says she doesn't like the idea of me getting into something she can't get into
>>
>>68977645
>be me
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>68973667
Twice
Start of second season

It's shit.
>>
File: sop.png (134 KB, 1180x988) Image search: [Google]
sop.png
134 KB, 1180x988
>>68979994
watch the whole first season to make your own opinion, if you have decent taste you will love it.
The Sopranos is god-tier, maybe the best show ever.
>>
>>68973667

i tried to watch the first episode probably five times, after that i didnt stop.
>>
File: 1393826801520.jpg (187 KB, 775x1280) Image search: [Google]
1393826801520.jpg
187 KB, 775x1280
>>68977429
She doesn't seem to be a good partner if you ask me, but yeah it's not the best show to watch it with GF. I watched through 2.5 seasons with mine GF and she got bored because of slow pacing, although she is interested in what is going on so I just telling her what's currently happening.
>>
>>68977429
Jesus Christ this is the most beta shit I've heard all year.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.