[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of louis theroux? Which is your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: louis_3239909b[1].jpg (152 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
louis_3239909b[1].jpg
152 KB, 620x387
What does /tv/ think of louis theroux?
Which is your favorite louis doc?
Why?
>>
My roommate is difficult to talk to. She doesn't really seem inclined to think about things below a sort of visceral surface level. I told her to watch the westboro baptist documentary because she said she liked documentaries and I think that's one of the best ones by theroux. After she'd seen it I asked her how she liked it and she said, "That lady is a cunt. Like, the literal definition of a cunt"
I said, "Well, technically..."
She said, "No, I mean my definition of a cunt. Narrow, close minded, and mean"
Then she went back to watching her movie. That seemed to be all she had to say on the matter.
>>
I just watched the one on alcoholism. Hard hitting fucking shit. Right in the feels. It was too relatable
>>
>>68972725
Started watching his docs on a whim 2 years ago and fell in love. Every night, I dream of Mr. Thorax.
>>
>>68972932
What else needs to be said about WBC exactly?
>>
I could never find a copy of Anal Witness 4
>>
>>68972725
ETCHABATSU
>>
Hey, what's up?
>>
>>68974170

the fact that the sign maker was a former documentary filmmaker trying to make a movie on them was spooky af.
>>
I think 95% of /tv/ likes his docs. My favorite is the one with the amateur wrestlers who smack themselves with barbed wire and chairs kek. Not sure if it's a later one or one of his weird weekends. Also the Jimmy Savile one is disturbing in retrospect.
>>
Herzog is better
>>
>>68974170
It's a powerful documentary. It raises questions. It isn't just "louis follows a cunt around for a couple weeks".
For starters, what about how interesting it is that they're hated by virtually everybody, even fag haters? There's a moment where a guy in the car says "you know, I don't agree with the lifestyle, but..." and she screams "YES YOU DO, YOU LOVE FAGS. SHUT UP". That guy likely left with a more open mind towards gays.
That's not particularly profound, or deep, but there are tons of moments like this throughout.
What about what the documentary says about humanity? about psychology, particularly the psychology of children? It makes you think about how people's beliefs develop.
There's a fascinating moment when one of the small boys is asked what "fag nation" means, and all he says is "it's a nation of fags! it's a fag nation!" These beliefs are being instilled in these children before they can possibly comprehend them, and you can infer that this happens with every. single. one of us on the planet. It makes it easier to see how people go on to become so fucked up, to do terrible things, to spew ridiculous hatred and rhetoric
tl;dr a fucking lot
>>
Regret not buying tickets to his Scientology doc when it was at one of the theatres here, now just waiting for it to be aired.
>>
>>68974586
We're essentially born in a chimp like state and conditioned by society to accept it as it is.
>>
The one on the autistic kids on youtube has no sound, possibly due to copyright reasons. Does anyone know where I can watch it?

The prison one was eye opening.
>>
File: .png (2 MB, 1765x1000) Image search: [Google]
.png
2 MB, 1765x1000
>>
>>68974768
Thanks Joe Rogan.
>>
File: Hi.png (221 KB, 368x379) Image search: [Google]
Hi.png
221 KB, 368x379
hoping this pic hasn't been posted in the thread
couldn't post it in the sticky earlier today, because it'd been posted already
>>
>>68974852
kek
kekekekekek
feels tho
>>
>he was going to do an MMA documentary but quickly realized there was nothing actually controversial about the subject
lel
>>
>>68972932
Does she not see the irony in what she said?
>>
>>68972932
gib her the dicc fàm
>>
>>68975078
I get a feeling that the majority of people have only a rudimentary sense of what "irony" means. If you mentioned wearing something ironically, they'd probably be confused. I think many think of irony as I thought of it earlier in life. Actually, you're using irony in that same sense right now. It's not a wrong context, it just isn't the way it's more often used in social spheres like this one. Regardless, I don't think most people think about irony very often. They live their lives irony-free, and when they want to say something ironically, they say it "sarcastically". When they say something's ironic, they're probably talking about a doctor killing somebody.
tl;dr no.
>>
>>68975392
ur a wannabe genius faggot
>>
>>68975546
thanks mom
>>
>>68972725
His failed Michael Jackson doc is actually great.

It was kind of heartbreaking watching Joe Jackson talk that way about his son.
>>
>Louis just sits and watches while an alcoholic on the verge of receiving treatment walks out the hospital to go buy a vodka
wtf Louie? Sure, he came back, but you just know he bought and downed a vodka at the shop and bought the Perrier to cover his tracks
>>
>>68975667
meh, the whole situation was a shit show, i don't think it's right to blame louie too much
>>
>>68975767
>>68975667

Nature must take its course, it's like filming a nature doc and you see baby seaturtles getting eaten by crabs and seagulls.
>>
>>68975059
Steroid abuse? A lot of unsavoury characters involved, at least amateur wise. But I agree this is are anomalies and for the most part there's not much controversial about it unless your looking to make a wider point about why people enjoy blood sports.

>>68975667
Probably got ID'd and didn't have any. lol
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.