[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize The Phantom Menace was actually the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Obi-wan and Qui-gon.jpg (157 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Obi-wan and Qui-gon.jpg
157 KB, 1000x563
When did you realize The Phantom Menace was actually the best out of the prequel trilogy, sure it may have been disappointing to some but there's a sense of wonder it has and build up to the release was one of the best parts, I never really got such a strong gravitas from the other too which felt apathetic from the other two in the trilogy.
>>
I don't think anyone disputes that TPM is the best prequel trilogy movie do they? It has real sets, pod racing, Liam Neeson and Duel of the Dates. It's clearly the best of the three and if it had been followed up with two great movies, people would have a better view of it.
>>
>>68974140
most """people""" think episode 3 is the best prequel
>>
File: 2-ch1307265565671.jpg (57 KB, 712x539) Image search: [Google]
2-ch1307265565671.jpg
57 KB, 712x539
>>68972402
It really gets me that the one with Jar-Jar is the best one.
>>
>>68972402

> remove jar jar

> more sith intrigue

> another action set piece

> clear up the 'trade federation seperatist' puppet government thing

you have a decent movie.
best of the prequel trilogy isn't saying much though
>>
>>68972402
The podrace looks so much larger than the gladiator fight in Episode II.

And the CG in III doesn't cut it.
>>
>>68972402

The moment jar jar comes on screen the film is ruined
>>
>>68972402
>When did you realize The Phantom Menace was actually the best out of the prequel trilogy

immediately after watching episode 2
>>
Superior version:

https://youtu.be/KfQBdRcgizc
>>
>>68972402
TPM is the only one that actually feels like a Star Wars film

There's adventure and spectacle as well as a clear and consistent antagonistic force to root against.
Replace everything that happens on Coruscant and it would be bearable.

The other two are just the plot drunkenly stumbling from point to point.
>>
File: drpderp.png (198 KB, 321x500) Image search: [Google]
drpderp.png
198 KB, 321x500
>reminder there is nothing wrong with JarJar. You guys are just b i g b a b i e s
>>
>>68974282
But the others have senator Jar Jar, which is far worse. I could tolerate him more when he was just an annoying alien who no other character took seriously.
>>
File: saga.png (3 MB, 3099x1700) Image search: [Google]
saga.png
3 MB, 3099x1700
>>68972402
I prefer 2 and 3

TPM is an interesting experiment but AOTC and ROTS are just much stronger
>>
>>68976882
nice meme image
truly 4chan contrarianism knows no bounds

I do agree SW VII was shit though
>>
How do you still have the energy talk about this trash? All three movies are complete shit and it doesn't matter if one of them is less shitty than the others
>>
>>68979316
t: disney representative
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.