[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So yea just saw civil war. 3 words? Hella. Fukn. Epic. This is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: unnamed (1).jpg (79 KB, 317x463) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
79 KB, 317x463
So yea just saw civil war. 3 words? Hella. Fukn. Epic. This is the best superhero movie of 2016. The Russo brothers? They've done it again!

Biggest movie of 2016. And it's even Bigger in Imax 3D. Bigger cgi. Bigger Sound. Biggest film experience. Best on-screen marvel universe installment since iron man 2. Marvel has done it again, dudes.
>>
>>68970195

Shill thread successful!

10 Cents have been deposited into your account!
>>
>>68970195
10 cents have been deposited in your account.
>>
You didnt even do that pasta right
>>
>>68970195
Can't wait for the Spider-Man film.
>>
>>68970195
I've never experienced so much cheering, clapping and laughing in a Marvel movie. They knocked it out of the park!
The scene in the beetle car, holy moly I couldn't stop laughing.
Spiderman and Black Panther do not disappoint. Perfect casting, perfect acting. Antman was on point too. Everybodys got a gimmick now.
The fight scenes in this movie are relentless. Signature Russo Brothers, I probably repeated "holy shit" about 100 times. I thought the banter was on par with Whedon which I really enjoy but I know some people feel like it's overkill.
>>
File: 1431662393455.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1431662393455.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>68970300
>>68970307
>>68970338

DCucks assemble.
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a mask. If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.
>>
File: 1459286183588.png (110 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
1459286183588.png
110 KB, 633x568
>>68970516
>>
>>68970195
Civil War is the finest capekino
>>
File: kekerino.jpg (185 KB, 430x599) Image search: [Google]
kekerino.jpg
185 KB, 430x599
>>68970560
How can they even compete?
>>
>>68970516
>that got fooled by a man wearing a mask
6/10 pasta
>>
I hated that everyone was russian
>>
can ypu explain to me the second after credits scene? i know he is coming back but what was the symbol?

i am givong the chance for people to avoid SPOILERS BELLOW.
>>
File: come at me bro giant jacket.jpg (41 KB, 388x594) Image search: [Google]
come at me bro giant jacket.jpg
41 KB, 388x594
>>68970195
Spotted the Disney shill

It had too many cheesy zingers and one-liners to be even remotely taken seriously.

And the "war" was a small handful of people trying to kill each other while throwing out quips as if they're still best friends, and no one gets killed where the ending's one giant cop-out to instantly make everyone friends again in spite of trying to kill each other shortly before.

And they all quietly sweep under the rug that they do the very thing that has all the normal people hate them when they trash the airport. Heaven forbid Vision use his flying speed to cut off Cap and Bucky; let's just do $20 million in damage by taking down a tower instead.

It was crap. RT's fucking bought and paid for to give this a high score.
>>
>>68971392
Too bad you're not intellectual enough to understand the movie, pleb.
>>
I give it a 7/10. Would have been 9/10 without the quips. Ruined any semblance of tension in the fights, but I guess it's to be expected of Marvel.
>>
>>68971459
I got it right and you know it

That's why you couldn't counterpoint with anything of substance.
>>
>>68971392
>And the "war" was a small handful of people trying to kill each other while throwing out quips as if they're still best friends
Sorry, last time i watched it the only ones quipping were Spidey, ANTS and Hawkeye.
>and no one gets killed where the ending's one giant cop-out to instantly make everyone friends again in spite of trying to kill each other shortly before.
Sorry, but no. Cap is a hero and is willing to help anyone, it's a sense of duty more than "Sorry Tony let's be friends again".
>And they all quietly sweep under the rug that they do the very thing that has all the normal people hate them when they trash the airport. Heaven forbid Vision use his flying speed to cut off Cap and Bucky; let's just do $20 million in damage by taking down a tower instead.
And Ross was angry at Tony because of that in the next scene.
>>68970516
>They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.
Same thing i told to the other anon.
>This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence.
You forgot that he wasted tons of money on a machine just to revive his last day with his parents. You also missed how rough he had it during the movie, which resulted on him snapping at the end.
>Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a mask
Who worked on the army and was a good strategist. We don't know too much about him, we don't know who his father was, we don't know if he lied about his motivation.
>>
File: 1451853938593.jpg (47 KB, 282x376) Image search: [Google]
1451853938593.jpg
47 KB, 282x376
>>68971907
>UNDEROOS
>I DIDN'T CARBON-DATE HIM
>THIS IS THE VOICE OF YOUR CONSCIENCE
>last time i watched it the only ones quipping were Spidey, ANTS and Hawkeye.
>>
File: 1458704153929.png (200 KB, 733x852) Image search: [Google]
1458704153929.png
200 KB, 733x852
>m-muh quips
>>
>>68972032
>UNDEROOS
Iron-Man giving the signal to a kid.
>I DIDN'T CARBON-DATE HIM
I think it Iron-Man talking with someone from his team. It was his reaction at the cringy ESB joke.
>THIS IS THE VOICE OF YOUR CONSCIENCE
Like i said, ANTS.
>>
>>68970195
>10 cents have been deposited in your account.
>>
I'll go see it a few weeks after it comes out. It's not like a Fast and Furious movie where I'd already have tickets to the late Thursday showing.
>>
File: lold.png (5 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
lold.png
5 KB, 402x402
>>68974012
>28%
>>
>>68973069
Was Hawkeye quiping? He seemed pissed in the movie
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.