[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>68968499
He was a white role played by a black actor so he wouldnt have to play bagheera, a /BLACK/ panther, who was played by an old white guy who should have been playing sheer.

And your asking the wrong question. The real questions are who the actual fuck thought that walkin could sing, who LET him sing, and why the fuck did bill murry get the part when not only was he horrid at singing, the correct casting would have been the goodman.
>>
Gee I dunno, Mowgli's dad half blinded him and he wanted revenge because he's an evil tiger.
>>
>>68968499
>Allowing interlopers into your territory
Has Europe taught you nothing
>>
>>68968641
>Murray is horrid at singing
t.15 year old who thinks autotune is real
>>
how do you guys rate the film? it's easily a 8/10

>>68968641
because Bill Murray is loveable bear personified, although John Goodman is a really good pick
>>
>>68968797

A strong 8.
>>
>>68968797
9/10 didn't think Favreau had it in him
>>
File: 1460196455330.jpg (76 KB, 561x598) Image search: [Google]
1460196455330.jpg
76 KB, 561x598
>>68968797
I dont see it at an 8. Id give it a 5.

They somehow boiled the already barebones plot into an even MORE barebones plot, it was literally 5 set pieces, good characters where given very little (or no) time (kaa, the buzzards, 0 talking elephants which was the fucking point of the book, khan ACTUALLY tracking the mancub down, etc) while we got a pointless revenge backplot that was never needed, a very lazy sheer khan, a barry allen mowgli who can run a few days to a weeks travel in the span of less than an hour, a out of no where king louie who felt tacked on and never really fit into the plot, a jungle where every single animal has either email or instant messenger and a kaa who I swear to god might as well have been screaming "hey kid, wanna /ss/"

it was very pretty, but honestly felt it was somehow worse than the 94 live action movie.
>>
Because he wanted to make the jungle great again
>>
>>68969115
>/ss/
what the fuck does this mean
>>
>>68968715
What is this t. Thing
>>
>>68969513
/int/ meme that inundated the rest of the boards
basically means "signed'
>>
>>68969476
it means secret succ
>>
>>68969476
There is something morally objectionable about being this new. I'd thank you to remove your person.
>>
>>68968715
lolno.
He was off key, barely in time with the actual tune (and that was WHEN he was even coming close to being in time with it, which was rare) and was just unpleasant
>>
>>68969476
Straight Shota(con).
>>
When he killed that wolf leader I was fucking dying laughing.
>>
I have high hopes for Warner's upcoming version (if it don't get cancelled of course).
>>
>>68968797
yeah i'd give it an 8 as well
>>
>>68968499
I dont give a fuck about any criticism except for the fact that Kaa was in it for like two seconds and didn't even hum the song

and they had scarjo record the song anyway
>>
>>68968499
Why does that bad cgi look fat
>>
>>68968499
>What was his fucking problem?

Someone caught him by the toe.
>>
File: 1424724412799.png (327 KB, 448x450) Image search: [Google]
1424724412799.png
327 KB, 448x450
>supposed to be scared of fire
>happily runs into the burning jungle

err

>Mowgli burns down half the jungle
>everyone forgives him immediately

Khan was right at the end of the day
>>
>>68968499
He is a God damn tiger!
What do you expect?
>>
>>68968797
It was great, one of the few modern films to give a sense of wonder

Mafia Louie was a nice touch but that whole segment could have been much more fun and jazzy, and he was way too big which was a bit weird

Motherly Snek was 10/10

Mowgli was shit at singing but otherwise good

Bill Murray was 10/10 Baloo

Elba was gud

Panther was decent
>>
>49 years later and they still can't get Kaa right
>>
I ducking hated hearing Scarlett Johansson's voice.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.