[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the hate? It's not as good as the first two, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: Alien-3-poster.jpg (16 KB, 349x497) Image search: [Google]
Alien-3-poster.jpg
16 KB, 349x497
Why all the hate? It's not as good as the first two, but it's not bad
>>
>>68967209
I actually agree with you, anon
>>
Because all the pedofags were sad that newt were dead and all the fags were sad that hunky marine guy was dead.

There's alot of issues with this movie, non of them that serious to warrant the amount of hate it gets.
>>
i thought it was great and will never understand the hate it garners. even david fincher hates it but that was more to do with the production side. the final product could've obviously been more polished but i really liked the dystopia setting they established. i was glad they abruptly killed newt and hicks, i dont know why people think plot armour is a good thing.
>>
>>68967209
Alien 3 goes from a 3/10 movie to a 6/10 with the special edition!

The alien animation is kill...and they shouldn't have to kill Ripley at the end but let capture her and the alien queen and do a new movie set in a planet research facility/medical ship but instead we got the crappy Alien 4 Resurrection

Any news on the new Alien 5?
>>
>>68967209
“Oh it was just awful. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me. Look, it would be stupid for me to say that I didn’t know what I was getting into. It took me five years to decide what I wanted to do and I always held out for something on this scale because I like this kind of canvas, I like the scope of this kind of thing.”

“The lesson to be learned is that you really can’t take on an enterprise of this size and scope if you don’t really have a movie like The Terminator or Jaws behind you. When Steven Spielberg comes in and says, ‘I made Jaws, the biggest grossing film of all time and I want $18 million to do Close Encounters,’ which is probably the equivalent to what we spent, it’s very nice to be able to say ‘This is the guy who directed the biggest grossing film of all time. Sit down and shut up, and feel lucky that you’ve got him.”

“It’s another thing when everybody’s wringing their handkerchiefs and sweating and puking blood because of the money that’s being spent and you’re going ‘Trust me, this is what I really believe in’ and they turn around and say ‘Well, who the fuck are you, who cares what you believe in?’”

-David Finch
>>
>>68967828
>Well, who the fuck are you, who cares what you believe in?

hollywood's a tough gig
>>
>>68967356
you mean fagfags
>>
>>68967209
It's better than the shitty action flick called aliens, that's for sure
>>
>>68967961
No. I rather be entertained then depressed when watching a movie.
>>
The criticism mostly revolves around

- the disappointment that it doesn't take place on earth as the early advertising implied
- the awkward stop motion alien
- Hicks and Newt being killed off instead of the series becoming Ripley and her pseudo-family having comfy space adventures

The only one I agree with is the puppet stuff because it really does look crappy. The film's actual problems are with the messy script, it wasn't worth the effort everyone put into the production, the crew was competent but it was like trying to box blind. If only they had had something better to work with.
>>
>>68967961
Not even close and you are too narrow to see it but i get what what you're trying to say...that it was close to the first movie with the claustrofobic feeling, metallic and dark corridors/halls, mouse like set...no weapons only the human will to survive with sacrifice and a lot of it.
>>
>>68967961
I like Aliens, cause it took the premise of the first movie and made something different with it. I mean, I rather have a sequel with it's own visual style and themes, rather then a rehash of the first movie.
>>
>>68967209
Much better than the Cameron flick. It's a return to the original atmosphere. This is supposed to be a slow paced character based horror film, not some action piece of shit braindead movie full of one-liners and rocket launchers
>>
>>68968458
Why do you hate fun, anon?
>>
>>68968577
Bill Paxton speaking entirely in one-liners and abysmal CGI isn't my idea of fun
>>
>hey let's remake the original Alien but with shitty 90's prison movie stereotypes and a god-awful third act

>say no more

It's nice to look at but that's not enough when everything else is so bad.
>>
I liked it a lot but I do like depressing shit.
>>
>>68968686
What CGI? There is no CGI in Aliens. Don't pull shit from your ass.
>>
>>68967209
>I worked on it for two years, got fired off it three times and I had to fight for every single thing. No one hated "Alien 3" more than me; to this day, no one hates it more than me.

D. Finch
>>
>>68968458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJX-_Wdp88A

This scene is better then the whole Alien 3 movie.
>>
>>68969644
It's so different in tone it's hard to compare. It's technically much better, though.
>>
File: 1460456875722.jpg (110 KB, 960x774) Image search: [Google]
1460456875722.jpg
110 KB, 960x774
>bald ripley will never humiliate you and step on your dick
JDIMSA
>>
2nd best movie in the series, behind the first one.
Would have been the best one if Vincent Ward did it.

>Ward envisioned a planet whose interior was both wooden and archaic in design, where Luddite-like monks would take refuge. The story begins with a monk who sees a "star in the East” (Ripley's escape pod) and at first believes this to be a good omen. Upon arrival of Ripley, and with increasing suggestions of the Alien presence, the monk inhabitants believe it to be some sort of religious trial for their misdemeanors, punishable by the creature that haunts them.
>By having a woman in their monastery, they wonder if their trial is partially caused by sexual temptation, as Ripley is the only woman to be amongst the all-male community in ten years. To avoid this belief and (hopefully) the much grimmer reality of what she has brought with her, the Monks of the "wooden satellite" lock Ripley into a dungeon-like sewer and ignore her advice on the true nature of the beast.[18] The monks believe that the Alien is in fact the Devil. Primarily though, this story was about Ripley's own soul-searching complicated by the seeding of the Alien within her and further hampered by her largely solo attempts to defeat it.
>Eventually Ripley decides to sacrifice herself to kill the Alien. Fox asked for an alternate ending where the character survived, but eventually Sigourney Weaver said she would only do the movie if Ripley died.[8]
>>
>>68973530

You know, that doesn't sound all that different to be honest.

I would even say, it's pretty much the EXACT same themes but on a more metaphorical/subtext level.
>>
>>68973530
this premise sounds so goddamn captivating. kind of wish they did this. very original as well
>>
>>68969644
Why the fuck do androids have milk instead of blood?
>>
>>68967209
Shilling goes beyond just spamming movie trailers and 21st Century Fox engages in social engineering to maximize profit.
Fox interns have been systematically making A3 hate threads for the better part of a year in order to preemptively sway public opinion so they can successfully reboot the franchise with no backlash and claim 'it's what we all wanted'.
They are also forcing Ridley to link his new Alien films to Blomkamp's vision for the franchise.
You heard it here first.
>>
>>68975382
*tips tinfoil*
>>
>>68971221
*unzips dick
>>
>>68975382
>>>/x/
>>
>>68977777
check'd
>>
>>68967209
When I was teenager I used to watch through the whole "quadrilogy" on an annual basis. The first two flow together pretty well, but when you get to the third one the tone of the series shifts to something completely different. It just doesn't fit in with the series. That's why I genuinely think that Resurrection is better than 3. Resurrection isn't a masterpiece, but at least it tried to capture the tone of this series more effectively.
>>
File: 1348753612936.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1348753612936.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
>>68977777

Witnessed
>>
File: flip.jpg (33 KB, 605x412) Image search: [Google]
flip.jpg
33 KB, 605x412
>>68977777
>>68977777
>>68977777
>>68977777
>>68977777
>>68977777
>>
>>68977835

In what world do you live in to feel that Alien & Aliens have a consistent tone ? And resurrection of all things ???
>>
File: ALIEN_SW.jpg (20 KB, 349x289) Image search: [Google]
ALIEN_SW.jpg
20 KB, 349x289
>>68967209
"ASS LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD BOY"
>>
>>68978018
I'm not going to bother sitting here and discussing it. The movies have been out for decades. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, then I suppose you'll just have to live with that.
>>
File: youngEmpireOfTheSun2.jpg (81 KB, 400x433) Image search: [Google]
youngEmpireOfTheSun2.jpg
81 KB, 400x433
>>68978000
>>
>>68977777
>>68977052
Just wait and see.
Forget Lovecraftian themes and brutal, visceral horror, Alien is going to be spliced with the Reddit movie-making formula :^)
>>
>>68977835
alien 3 fit the tone perfectly, resurrection was about as far from the original as you can get. seriously watch alien and that one back to back. you are absolutely fucking retarded or possible a shill like>>68975382 said.
>>
>alien and alien 3
>suspense, very few but distinct characters, only one xeno that doesn't have a lot of screentime
>aliens and resurrection
>HEY WE GOT THESE MARINES/MERCENARIES AND LOTS OF HUGE GUNS, HOW ABOUT SOME EXPLOSIONS HUH? MANY MONSTERS CONSTANTLY FLOODING THE SCENES, HOW ABOUT ALL THIS COMIC RELIEF? ARE ONE-LINERS HILARIOUS OR WHAT? LOOK AT THIS CHARACTER, SHE'S A TOUGH FEMALE, LOOK AT THIS OTHER ONE, HE'S THE BLACK GUY, BECAUSE HE'S BLACK GET IT?
>>
File: mounthInsideAMouth.jpg (36 KB, 525x350) Image search: [Google]
mounthInsideAMouth.jpg
36 KB, 525x350
>>68978367
A3 is set in medieval times, it's a story within a story, a trojan horse, a fucking parasite.
>>
>>68967209
It ruined an on-going storyline.

Alien, Aliens and Alien Isolation are all that exist now.
>>
>>68967808
Yeah you're right. There was no need to wrap the whole thing up so quickly, as if Fincher had the final say on Ripley's story or something.
>>
>>68967881
Unless you're a jew.
>>
Alien>Alien3>Prometheus>Shit>Aliens>AR>AvP
>>
>>68978115
I do hope that Ridley has more sense than to listen to whining "fans" and just go off and make the movie that he intended to make for the last 40 years. Studios taking notes from whiny idiots is the reason that most movies suck nowadays anyway. Just ignore them.
>>
>>68967209
You can't go from the first two and then make shit and say it's good. You have to take the series as a whole and not just individually
>>
>>68979475
Kill yourself.
>>
>>68974008
Isn't milk is semen
>>
File: Alien³.gif (962 KB, 405x306) Image search: [Google]
Alien³.gif
962 KB, 405x306
>>68971221
>Ripley didn't exploit her plot advantage to sexually humiliate the Xenomorph while in that outfit at any point in the film
Alien 3's fatal mistake.
>>
>>68971221
;_;
>>
I liked Resurrection more than 2 or 3

2 was generic action shlock and I just couldn't take 3 seriously.

Couldn't take Resurrection seriously either but it was so over the top stupid that it was fun. Also Ripley being a pessimistic half alien bitch was great

1 is the only unironically good one.
>>
Alien > Alien: Resurrection > Prometheus > Alien3 > Aliens

Come at me. Aliens was boring action shit.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.