[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: team iron man.png (568 KB, 961x696) Image search: [Google]
team iron man.png
568 KB, 961x696
Whose side were you on before you watched it?
>>
File: team captain america.png (497 KB, 961x696) Image search: [Google]
team captain america.png
497 KB, 961x696
And whose side were you on after you watched it?
>>
>>68967177
Team Iron Man. I like their roster a lot better.

Movie did a good job of making neither of them the "bad guy." Sure, Iron Man was wrong about Winter Soldier being involved in the bombing, but Captain America was also wrong about Zemo's plan to use the other winter soldiers as a weapon, and he was wrong to not tell Tony that Bucky killed his mom and dad.

Ultimately, if they had both tried harder to work together, nothing bad would have happened like War Machine becoming a cripple and half the team becoming fugitives (I feel bad for Hawkeye because he has a wife and kids, and even though he escaped at the end, his family is still well fucked).
>>
>>68967281
>Movie did a good job of making neither of them the "bad guy."

UNCHECKED POWER AND TERRORISM ARE BAD.
UNLESS IT'S ME AND MY TERRORIST BFF
>>
>>68967202
I'm >>68967281 and still Iron Man because Spider-Man really stole the show for me. It's easily the best depiction we've gotten of Spider-Man on the big screen, just perfect.
>>
>>68967281
>I feel bad for Hawkeye because he has a wife and kids, and even though he escaped at the end, his family is still well fucked

Don't forget CASSIE.
>>
>>68967177
During the accords discussion:
Team Cap. Government is not reliable.

During the Bucky thing:
With the information available up until the psychologic avaliation, team Iron Man. After, team Cap, but Iron Man didn't have the new info, so Tony was not wrong either. No wonder he helps cap after he knows Bucky is innocent.

After Howard video: I hope Tony kills Bucky.
>>
>>68967312
Thing is, Winter Soldier was mind controlled to do those bad things, and wasn't responsible for the bombing because he had escaped the mind control. Plus, he willingly agrees to have himself frozen until they can figure out how to unfuck his mind after the whole ordeal with Zemo finding his codewords and using them on him.

Yeah, Winter Soldier should have answered for his crimes, but the people who caught him made it clear they weren't going to give him a fair hearing (they laugh at Captain America when he brings up lawyers).

Also, Ross threatens to throw Iron Man in the Raft when the only thing he did wrong was not catch Captain America so yeah entering a deal where Ross is the boss is a shitty idea.
>>
Haven't seen it yet:
Did they kill anyone?
How was Spidey?
>>
Team Iron Man. Cap was pretty much just autistic about bucky and Lizzie and >MUH FEELINGS
>>
>>68967425
IT WASN'T ME BRO, HONEST.

TO PROVE I WASN'T ME, I'LL ACTIVELY FIGHT THE AUTHORITIES AND TRY TO KILL THEM, RATHER THAN TURN MYSELF IN AND COOPERATE.

ALSO I TOTALLY DIDN'T MURDER THE STARKS HONESTLY.
>>
Was the movie any good?
AoU and BvS was shit, but this one is getting such good reviews so idk.
>>
File: AinsleyBook.jpg (57 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyBook.jpg
57 KB, 600x431
>>68967425
>didn't give binladan a lawyer
>wants to give bucky one
>>
>>68967312
Those flying deathships that got destroyed in Winter Soldier were such a waste. I know Hydra was going to use them to finish the holocaust, but still, they were some mighty deadly weapons.
>>
>>68967442
Peggy Carter dies midway through it.
Spidey was in it for about 25ish minutes and he was great.
>>
>>68967471
Go watch the Fugitive.
>>
>>68967425
>Also, Ross threatens to throw Iron Man in the Raft when the only thing he did wrong was not catch Captain America so yeah entering a deal where Ross is the boss is a shitty idea.

Bruce: [coming back from personal exile] Hi Ross.
Ross: Banne-?
[Bruce knocks him to the ground with one punch]
Ross: You little punk. If I was twenty years younger-.
Bruce: I probably would've hit you twice.
>>
File: 1461726268743.jpg (235 KB, 1198x471) Image search: [Google]
1461726268743.jpg
235 KB, 1198x471
It depends. I'm on Capt's side in the sense that I think the world can run better without politically correct politicians tying everyone down with red tape. However, I agree with Tony in the sense that precautions against alien invasions should be made.
>>
>>68967442
>Did they kill anyone?
Peggy Carter dies in her sleep.

Crossbones kills himself.

Otherwise, no. Instead, they manage to change things in a significant way without resorting to a cheap kill (made cheaper since comic book characters never stay dead, although I guess Quicksilver is).

>How was Spidey?
Best film Spider-Man.
>>
>>68967177
i went in team iron man and went out team iron man
but of course i could understand caps motive...

personally i love cap & iron man interaction in every ensemble movie because they are so different so i enjoyed both characters whenever they were on screen together
>>
>>68967471
He never says "I didn't kill the Starks." In fact, he confirms it when Iron Man asks if he even remembers and he's like "I remember all of them."

And yes, when the authorities won't believe you and are just going to throw you away without so much as a single word, you kind of need to go on the run and try to prove your innocence on your own (which Bucky does in-so-far as the bombing is concerned, which is what they're after him for anyways).
>>
>>68967732
I think that was my favorite part: even if you could side with one of them, you could see where the other was coming from. Hell, you could even see where Zemo was coming from.
>>
>>68967177
Iron Man because he was the star of the only good MCU movie
>>
>>68967696
Nah, best Spidey is still Raimi

>but muh comic book spidey
Nobody gives a shit, topturd
>>
>>68967818
I liked Raimi's Spider-Man, too, but this Spider-Man didn't cry a lot, so I liked this Spider-Man more.

But seriously I liked that this Spider-Man was a kid who fell into his superpowers and was way over his league and outclassed and knew it and was totally starstruck. I also like how they hinted at his origin without running us through it again.
>>
File: 1460236269390.jpg (42 KB, 460x519) Image search: [Google]
1460236269390.jpg
42 KB, 460x519
>>68967934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPN1BvR02Xo

Nice meme
>>
>>68967809
Zemo was basically a big middle finger to both sides.

Oversight? Surveillance? Fooled by a cheap disguise and they only found out who he was after he had purposely arranged for the bed and breakfast lady to find the real psychologist.

Swift cowboy cop squad answerable to no one? Psyche! It was all a ruse and now you and your boyfriend are alone with an Iron ManIAC!

The guys's stance was Team Iron Man: The Avengers should be held accountable for their "heroism"

But his actions were Team Cap all the way: Burn Notice Vigilante Vendetta!
>>
>>68968075
Agreed.
>>
>>68967625
BANNE?
>>
File: 1412005621990.jpg (17 KB, 329x328) Image search: [Google]
1412005621990.jpg
17 KB, 329x328
>>68968922
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.