[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you guys think this will ever happen? in film of course.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: earthx.jpg (113 KB, 725x935) Image search: [Google]
earthx.jpg
113 KB, 725x935
you guys think this will ever happen? in film of course.
>>
what is it? i only know spiderman
>>
earth x
>>
>>68964007

Fucking Alex Ross and his faux Norman Rockwell shit.

It only worked once and it has never worked since. I won't go near anything that even just uses him as an alt cover because to me it says whoever wrote it has no taste.
>>
>>68965591
when did it work in your opinion?
>>
This comic is godawful
>>
>>68965683

Kingdom Come and that's it.
>>
>>68965726
holy fuck. that's my shit. okay... I feel you
>>
>>68965726
It worked better in Marvels IMHO, but I kinda agree with you
>>
>>68965783
marvels is the shit as well. in my opinion.
>>
>>68965726
>hasn't read Marvels
>>
>>68965828
kek
>>
>>68965783
Marvel's came first, and it works, but like Earth X it's not really a standard original comic story. Earth X needed a writer, it was like a comic book version of Left Behind--terrible execution.
>>
>>68965783

That's the thing, in concept it should work better with Marvels given his artistic style aping Rockwell and Marvels in and of itself mirroring Rockwell in narration as well.

See, Norman Rockwell would paint a scene and in that scene literally tell you everything you needed to know. Tag-line no tag-line. You could look at the picture and be get what you needed.

If Marvels was split up into neat vignettes, no writing, no narration nothing, it still works. However, and here is my point.

When you take Ross and attach him to a story that cannot be episode from page to page, let alone issue to issue he falls the fuck apart except for in Kingdom Come. I can only imagine the why for this was due to some great negotiating by Waid or at least an inability to be flexible on story structure. You can see where Ross is calling the shots on his other work. If he wants something done a certain way, or wants to go somewhere he will do it and expect you write something to incorporate his decisions. Other guys, because they use a mostly
digital medium and have mostly ubiquitous styles, can easily be replaced. This is actually a good thing
since it means means several guys can be doing the same thing at once helping you meet your deadline. Those guys are team players.
>>
>>68964007
who are the flying metal chick and the devil figure behind Thor?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.