[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Man Tony >Takes a tank shell to the face and is fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 3
Iron Man Tony
>Takes a tank shell to the face and is fine

Civil War Tony
>Gets utterly destroyed from punches from Cap

Why did they nerf Iron Man so hard in CW?
>>
Who fucking cares?

>>>/co/
>>
Tony is wearing his capbuster armor.
>>
>>68962328
>Takes a tank shell to the face and is fine
Except he isn't. It knocks his ass down. Then when it fires on him again, he dodges it.

Captain America hits him more than once, and is able to incapacitate him by taking out his power source.
>>
>thinking a Marvel movie would put any effort into the script to make sense
>>
>>68962434
You're deluding yourself if you think even 100 of Caps punches are stronger than a 20kg tank shell traveling at supersonic speed
>>
>>68962328
is this one of those 10 trillion lions versus the sun threads?
>>
>>68962328
Comeon op they are superhero movies not everything has to make sense, cap uses his shield alot when beating up tony and bucky uses his metal arm. /thread/
>>
>>68962328
1) possible a weaker suit, since it was a more portable version. The one he wore at the Airport fight seemed to take a lot more hits and was fine for it

2) Cap was also hitting him with the shield, Bucky was hitting him with his army, he was taking hits from failing debris and falls in general. Bucky and Cap were also smart enough to attack weak points in the armour

3) The tank shell never penetrated his armour. Since the explosion happened outside, the damage is going to be significantly reduced
>>
>>68962564
It was an Afgahn model
>>
If iron man was a bear and cap was a tiger, who would win?
>>
>>68963201
Bucky, a lone wolf.
>>
>>68962564
You're deluding yourself pretending that the tank shot did nothing to him (it knocks him out of the sky and when he stands back up his armor is visibly damaged), and pretending that Captain America doesn't have super strength and a vibranium shield and that the fight didn't last for a long time.
>>
>>68962468
>Civil War handled a lot of the same issues and themes that Batman v Superman did and Civil War was a 100 times more emotional and coherent
Okay buddy.
But let me guess, you'll retort with
>muh quips
>>
>>68963201
what a stupid question...bear, off course
>>
>>68963278
>Captain America doesn't have super strength
He doesn't, though.
He's at peak human condition.
Spider-Man has super strength.
>>
kmkmef
>>
>>68963323
Are you fucking serious? Have you seen the movies he is beyond peak human condition.
>>
File: IMG_20511266314508.jpg (37 KB, 399x604) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20511266314508.jpg
37 KB, 399x604
>>68963323
>overpowers a helicopter
>peak human condition
>>
>>68963323
>>Captain America doesn't have super strength
>He doesn't, though.
He holds on to a helicopter for fucks sake.
Peak human condition for example is someone like Batman, and he couldn't hold on to a helicopter.
>>
>>68963407
>he can't overpower a helicopter
Top kek
But seriously, Cap still doesn't have super strength.
>>
Why did Tony go into his suit. When he could just as well remote control it like he did in Iron Man 3 plane scene?
>>
>>68963323
Captain America has super strength. It's established in other films as well as this one: there's a scene in Civil War where Captain America manages to hold a helicopter from taking off. Even the strongest person in real life would have been torn apart. He has super strength.
>>
>Tony and the other Avengers feel so bad for poor Cap that as a special present for him they create a situation where they all must fight and Captain America can be the hero and save everyone!

>Tony even creates a new suit specially made of aluminum and copper wire so Captain America can hit him without hurting his hand
>>
>>68963323
Captain America is high street level, Spider Man is low/weak mid metahuman, Iron Man should be high metahuman at his peak and probably even a weak herald with PIS.

Captain America should obviously lose in CW, but for some reason he wins in the movie.
>>
>>68963556
>for some reason
Because he smashes the thing powering Iron Man's suit with the indestructible shield.
>>
>>68963598
Btw, Cap can win with plot service, and with both at their peak strength Iron Man stumps Cap horribly, but that was not the question. I was talking about the civil war in general. IM wins the CW in the canon, but he doesnt in the movie and I want to know why.
>>
Because the tank shell doesn't have the power of the quip quip quip
>>
>>68963795
Because the movie isn't the comic.
>>
>>68962328
Joss Whedon made him too strong
>>
>>68963795
>IM wins the CW in the canon, but he doesnt in the movie and I want to know why
Cap won the fight in the comics too, remember that what stopped him from taking Tony's head off with his shield was the civilians. Only difference is that he surrended in the comics because he didn't want to cause any more damage, while in the movies he formed his own team.

If anything the comics used plot device, because they needed Iron Man as director of SHIELD.
>>
>>68963795
>civil war
>bunch of clowns wearing a cutting-edge suit

explain why Marvel chooses inappropriate titleslike this
>>
>>68963437
Cap is LITERALLY the peak of human condition, something you can't get naturally and only through the super soldier syrum

Batman is just a buff dude
>>
>>68963995
I always knew he was a sexist cunt.
>>
>>68964020
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America

Enhanced Strength: Rogers' strength is enhanced beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition. His strength allows him to overpower average combatants, including well-trained humans, extraterrestrial troops, and robot sentries. He can bend metal bars, slam through solid walls and reinforced glass, and pry open steel doors. In combat, his strength allows for him to send enemies, such as fully equipped soldiers, flying several meters in the air from mere punches and kicks. He can even generate enough force to have his shield pierce the metal frame of a Quinjet. His strength is, however, inferior to high-level super-humans like Hulk, and beings from other realms like Loki or Thor. Nonetheless, his combination of his strength and combat skills makes him an incredibly formidable opponent to those that would try to attack him. During his USO tours, Rogers was able to lift a motorcycle frame with three show girls sitting on top without any strain. With one hand, Rogers can lift a grown man over his head and throw him like a rag doll. He was also able to pull himself away from the immense magnetic force applied on his hand by a magnetic lock, which most others cannot achieve. Steve Rogers was able to lift a massive metal support beam to save a trapped Winter Soldier, while he was critically injured. He also supported falling debris from a collapsing building to save Black Widow and himself from being crushed. When chopping wood, Rogers ripped apart a block of wood trunk in half with his bare hands. He has been able to throw a moving motorcycle at a jeep, toss Ultron, who was in his second body, through a concrete pillar during their fight in Seoul and support the weight of an entire car during Ultron's initial attack on Sokovia.
>>
Why didn't Tony just chest blast him again when he was on the floor?
>>
>>68962434
Remember that Iron Man went toe to toe with Thor in the first Avengers movie and took ten times the beating that Steve could give him.
>>
>>68963158
Using Stark Industries ammo.
>>
>>68963479
Why didn't he just stay up high and shoot missiles at Steve that come from 5 different directions at once so he can't possibly block them with his shield?
>>
>>68965268
The beating that he gets from Captain America in Civil War at the end when it's revealed Winter Soldier killed his mom and dad is savage, much more so than the short scrap between him and Thor (which Captain America stops).
>>
>>68963598
Iron Man has emergency back up power.
>>
>>68965404
Because Captain America damaged his jets in the fight. Did you not watch the movie? Because they make it very clear he can't just fly off.
>>
>>68962328
Cap used his shield to damage his arc reactor. Cap's punches did nothing but dirty up his armour.
>>
>>68965458
Except, in a previous scene, they establish that destroying the thing on their chest makes their suits not work when Vision accidentally hits War Machine in the chest, destroying his power supply and causing him to plummet (which renders him handicapped).
>>
>>68965462
He should never have even gotten in melee or shield throwing range to begin with. Steve has gone full Batman since Winter Soldier and never carries guns.
>>
>>68965505
Well that's just stupid, because when Thor hit Iron Man in the chest with the lighting in Avengers 1, it supercharged him. There's also the bit in Iron Man 1 where the arc reactor gets to less than 1 percent power and Javis says that the suit is now running on back up power.
>>
>>68965567
He didn't have much choice. The fight starts underground in an enclosed space, and then his ability to fly is crippled pretty early on when he's going after Winter Soldier and ignoring Captain America (because he's blinded by rage and trying to seek vengeance and not thinking rationally).
>>
>Iron Man vs Bucky
>Iron Man starts dominating the fight
>Cap steps in
>D-Don't hurt muh husbando

>Iron Man vs Cap
>Iron Man starts dominating the fight
>Bucky steps in
>Don't hurt muh husbando

Repeat × 1000000

That's basically how this fight was
>>
>>68965788
Iron could have steamrolled them both by going apeshit with every weapon on his suit.
>>
>>68965646
Huh? Lightning is electricity, so it charges the reactor. Captain America's shield and Vision's blasts aren't electricity. They wouldn't charge the arc reactor.

At any rate, this film establishes that, if you destroy the arc reactor, you disable the suit (happens to War Machine, happens to Iron Man). In those other cases where they used emergency backup energy, the arc reactors weren't destroyed.
>>
>>68963442
>Kicks a fucking armoured truck and knocks it a few feet backwards
>Not super-strength
>>
>>68963300
why do you shitters always have to pull bvs into this? i swear, you capefags are the most obnoxious and degenerate people on a board for degenerates, fuck you
>>
>>68962328
It doesn't show what part it hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2ACEr9NmQ

But even taking a tank round to the chest is fucking insane. By Marvel logic Captain America should be able to punch through solid concrete like it is nothing. I miss old iron man

>>68962564
At least it's not as bad as Iron Man 3 falling apart shit
>>
>>68966104
It's not "super" strength. It's "as strong as a human being can possibly be".
>>
>>68966794
A human, no matter how naturally strong, can't kick a fucking truck and move it enough to knock another person flying.
>>
>>68966857
It appears that MCU is different from the regular comics, where Cap is "only" at 100% peak human ability. According to http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America he's beyond the peak. How official that is, I don't know.

I don't recall him kicking a truck that like in any of the movies.
>>
>>68963300
Said the capeshitter that has seen less than 100 films and has read like 5 books in his life
>>
>>68966726
>By Marvel logic Captain America should be able to punch through solid concrete like it is nothing.

>>68964233
>He can bend metal bars, slam through solid walls and reinforced glass, and pry open steel doors.
>>
>>68966692
Because BvS was also a battle of ideologies between superheroes sprinkled with some other conflicts. Only CW did it competently, and BvS most fucking certainly did not.
>>
>>68966726
Great movie
>>
>>68962328
Tony's armor has been getting less and less strong for the sake of including more bells and whistles and making it easier to put on or move around in.

Remember, in Iron Man 1, he literally needed to stand in place while a bunch of robots put his armor on for him.
As time has gone on though, now all the parts can fly to him individually and put themselves on his body.
>>
>>68966908
He did it in Civil War.

Watch this video at 2:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbluSAUxp2o

Not only does he kick the truck enough to move it, but he hits it with enough force to send a guy flying 10 feet backwards.
>>
>>68966944
This too, but I honestly prefer BvS in its messy and incoherent glory as it was sincere. Civil War wasn't and it was quite tedious at times
>>
>>68967032
>BvS
>Sincere
What the everloving FUCK are you talking about? "Sincere"? Next you'll use the word "transcendent" when reviewing a wine.
>>
>>68966794
That's how it should be, although they still push it too far. No human hand has bones strong enough to take the heavy weight punches that Steve does when he hits Iron Man, for example. Current Capt is on the level of Green Goblin in Spiderman 1. He should be closer to Batman in BvS.

I don't think I'm the only one who thought it was ridiculous that Steve wasn't immediately destroyed when he fought Ultron 1 on 1.
>>
>>68963795
Cap won the battle, but not the war. The accords got passed and he's an outlaw now. He lost the civil war.
>>
>>68966910
>pulling a straw
>>
>>68963300
>>this movie has a mediocre script
>but this other movie's scripts was bad!
>so that invalidates your argument somehow!

There are no decent standards anymore.
>>
>>68966908
peak human in comics is higher than peak human IRL anyway.

besides, what does "peak human" even mean? if we're just using modern world records as our standard, we're ignoring all future human potential. at what point does someone stop being human? if we use the most widely used definition of a species (being able to reliably produce fertile offspring with one another), then modern humanity is only scraping the surface of what might be humanly possible. like looking at one breed of dog and assuming that anything it can't accomplish is beyond the ability of any possible dog. a peak human IRL would be some kind of genetically engineered ubermensch who is just on the borderline of being compatible with other humans.
>>
>>68963795
>Strength

It's not just about strength. Cap has better reflexes, fighting experience and skill.
>>
Tony had only one suit which got destroyed over the time
>>
How the fuck did Cap know about who killed Tony's parents? Did I miss something?
>>
>>68967313
>Helmets could enable soldiers to communicate telepathically.

That's unsettling.
>>
>>68967120
Cry more
>>
>>68965871
Yeah. Remember the hand lasers from his b2b fight with War Machine against robots in park?
>>
>>68967311
Not with capeshitters no
>>
>>68967371
He probably got told by shield or CIA or some shit.
>>
>>68967392

>unsettling

'Awesome', the word is 'awesome'
>>
>>68967676
The idea of a helmet putting someone elses thoughts in my head is what scares me.
>>
>>68967765

Yeah, but I could put thoughts into other peoples heads as well.
>>
>>68968093
What makes you distinguish their thoughts from your own?
>>
>>68966726
>By Marvel logic Captain America should be able to punch through solid concrete like it is nothing.

I'm pretty sure that he can.
>>
>>68968375
I mean even Bane can do it
>>
>>68968299

Because I'm the one having them. What is there to distingguish other peoples posts from your own?
>>
>>68963323
He's got the ultimate universe captain America power set. He's well above peak human strength.
>>
>>68967676
You haven't met many soldiers, have you?
Imagine putting a helmet on and having your mind instantly filled with the collective thoughts about masturbating to the same picture over and over and cocks.
>>
>>68968855

Actually I have. That's why I don' think that would unsettle them at all. As the saying goes: 'You've never met a soldier who hasn't drank his own piss'.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.