[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OUT1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: out.jpg (3 KB, 220x161) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
3 KB, 220x161
can we discuss this film?
>>
>/tv/
>discussing films

Good luck with that.
>>
what do you want to discuss about it anon
>>
File: floating.png (3 MB, 2096x2092) Image search: [Google]
floating.png
3 MB, 2096x2092
>>68959229
the meaning of the thirteen, the purpose of them and the play

why it is
>>
i love this fucking movie and i would talk about it if it werent 330am

to look for a meaning of the 13 is besides the point, but my best guess is that they are a disbanded group of radicals who 'sold out' in the wake of may 68

out 1 though is really concerned with narrative as a form of resolution, it's the classic postmodern mystery where an answer is posited because without one there is only chaos
i think the acting provides a kind of resolution too, the taking of plays from ancient greek and 'modernizing' them, staging them in the style of bohemian paris? looking to the past for the answers to now

id conclude by saying the 13 has no actual meainng. like colin (like me) you can find an answer that fits, but it's a blank slate on which to project, and that's the only point
>>
>>68959961
yeah this

the 13 is just meant to be a shadow that neither us nor Jean-Pierre Leaud can fully understand as we trip over ourselves in the web trying to figure it out
>>
also, to more directly address the acting, it is art making, a form of resolution in itself.
the rehearsals are the characters losing themselves into greater narratives, something made interesting by the fact of out 1's verite style

rivette captures a lot of non actors in this film, as well as subtle unremarkable character moments, but the filming of them, the resolving of them into filmic art makes them interesting, we feel an instant sense of self fulfilling meaning when we see something as banal as colin busking for money, or when we see a car cut through frame, art making, recording, observation, -- and acting is a form of self sufficient resolution
>>
>>68960074
>>68959992
>>68959961
wew

thanks alot guys

what do you think about the greek goddess overlooking marie?

im not sure wether it represents the similarites the goddess and marie are facing or wether it shows that the gods are controlling the people in the film

i did just finish it so im trying to get my head around other theories and the whole film itself
>>
What a coincidence! Yesterday I watched the first two chapters and I'm really liking the way it slowly develops connections between its characters. There are things that are unsettling me, like the off camera Georges relationship (specially how the scene in the car in front of the gates of court is edited) , but nothing paranoic yet.

Rehearsal scenes are exhilarating, though.
>>
>>68962932
you got a mubi account yeah?
>>
>>68963118
Yeah. They have done wonders to streaming quality, I'm very happy with it.

Also, to discuss a 12 hour Rivette film on /tv/ is absolute madness. Just check out how the general reacted to things like Inherent Vice!
>>
>>68963223
it is a great site, had to unsub (a day before they released this)

yeah well there is always an audience of people who actually watch films on here, they just dont post as often
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.