[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make /tv/ start having actual film discussions instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: andrei-tarkovsky1.jpg (129 KB, 1070x735) Image search: [Google]
andrei-tarkovsky1.jpg
129 KB, 1070x735
How do we make /tv/ start having actual film discussions instead of posting memes?
>>
>how do you get a bunch of 14-17 year old faggots who grew up with iphones up their asses to discuss films

Good question. Would anyone like to answer?
>>
You ban the retards.

They haven't done it because the majority of the site traffic is retards now. Ever wonder why the tried filtering juvenile, cringeworthy buzzwords like "cuck" instead of just permanently banning the people posting it?
>>
File: filmcore.png (2 MB, 1000x2500) Image search: [Google]
filmcore.png
2 MB, 1000x2500
>>68958347
split the board into at least 2 (/tv/ and /film/)

this is to weaken the spam and slow the board down. hiro can make a separate board for cape or starshit or he can force them to be contained in generals. either works.

delete all actress spam or create a containment board for it
delete all racebaiting or other threads made to elicit /pol/ shit

as users: be elitist but accepting of newcomers who want to earnestly learn about film

sticky this chart to /film/
>>
>>68958465
Concentration camps
>>
get rid of ginger mod
>>
>>68958530
i fully agree with this man.
>>
File: 1445821216383.jpg (3 KB, 93x117) Image search: [Google]
1445821216383.jpg
3 KB, 93x117
>>68958530
this guy gets it.
>>
>>68958530
>as users: be elitist but accepting of newcomers who want to earnestly learn about film

You just described /mu/, and it is considered one of the worst boards along with /v/.

I'm not sure how to do what OP said, but this isn't the way to go
>>
File: andrei-tarkovsky-stalker-1979.jpg (425 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
andrei-tarkovsky-stalker-1979.jpg
425 KB, 1280x720
fucking BUMP
>>
>>68958730
>You just described /mu/, and it is considered one of the worst boards
Did you get BTFO'd by /mu/?
>>
>>68958517
Back in the day we used to shame the shitposting retards by telling them to go back to /b/ or to lurk moar, and otherwise ignoring their shit. That worked well with a small, loyal userbase.

But there was a giant influx of new users who seem to think all of 4chan is for shitposting (as opposed to Reddit), and the blue boards got swamped by kids and retards beyond the native userbase's ability to correct them all. Then most of the oldfags left or stopped trying to maintain any kind of quality on the blue boards, along with the mods. I think there may also have been a large-scale replacement of the mods at some point in the last few years.

I've been coming here less and less now, and I don't see any hope of a return to decency on here. Bans are evaded, noobs gobble up bait like candy and shitposting is ignored or even encouraged. Then there's the prevalence of shilling that's emerged as the userbase grew.

I don't mind telling you, I've been spending more time on other sites just for a bit of peace and sanity. 4chan used to be the outcast older kids smoking behind the bike sheds or in a toilet cubicle. Now it's more like a school corridor full of little kids running through the halls screaming during the 30 seconds they're unsupervised between classes.
>>
>>68958730
what the hell are you talking about?
/mu/ and /lit/ are the best boards on this site, because at least there they're still having music/literature discussion.
>>
>>68958746
psh, nothing personnel........ kid........
>>
>>68958730
No, /mu/ used to be like that. It's much, much worse now.
>>
>>68958746
>4chan used to be the outcast older kids smoking behind the bike sheds or in a toilet cubicle. Now it's more like a school corridor full of little kids running through the halls screaming during the 30 seconds they're unsupervised between classes.

Nice
>>
>>68958746
this basically. can you recommend any other sites reminiscent of old /tv/?
>>
>>68958771
tbf, i prefer some a balance rather than a subreddit

a place with good memes but at the same time that is capable of having real discussion about things that matter

i miss 2010 /sp/ ;_;
>>
>>68958814
Reddit
>>
File: 1154984233440.gif (2 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1154984233440.gif
2 MB, 200x160
>>68958746
This is 100% true, but there is no viable alternative.
>>
>>68958744
>>68958771
I'm pretty sure there was a poll where people voted for the worst board, and /mu/ placed second back in 2013 or something, too lazy to search it now
>>
>>68958730
you can actually learn about musical theory and discuss song structure in /mu/

/tv/ stopped having cinematography threads and has almost completely stopped discussing anything that isn't capeshit or memes now
>>
>>68958826
>2010 /sp/
my favorite time online. i've seen things you people wouldn't believe. /hoc/ threads on fire off the coast of flyguy comics. i watched favre jpgs glitter over weekly game threads. the /sp/ madden league. the /sp/ minigolf game. hockey.tk

like tears in rain...
>>
>>68958850
Exactly, of course other boards think /mu/ sucks because they're having discussion about things outsiders from music don't understand.
>>
>>68958814
If I knew of any, I wouldn't post them on neo-/tv/.

I haven't really looked, but a site like 8gag might have a small, fun community hiding away on it somewhere. The large proportion of pedo and nazi sounding boards put me off returning there though. There are other, largely undiscovered chans but they're slow as hell if you're used to 4chan's main boards.

And like someone else said, there's always Reddit, which has a wider variety of subcultures than the meme spammers on here give it credit for. Some of those subcultures are ridiculously "progressive" echo-chambers though. You're auto-banned just for having posted in a "hate" subreddit.
>>
>>68958005
>63 replies
>29 unique posters

It's like we're being raided by /b/, except it's considered normal now.
>>
Just watched Sansho the Bailiff. What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>68959140
god, its a good thing we dont pay the mods.
jesus christ. how is this the same /tv/ of 2012?
>>
>>68958347
All you'd need is a userbase that wants to discuss and enough moderation to keep the rest out. The trouble is that maybe 50% of /tv/ posters actually care and the mods are either incompetent or, much more likely just don't give a fuck about the rest.

>>68958814
>>68958746
This might be the singly gayest series of replies I've ever seen in a /tv/ thread.
>>
>>68958347
Have a sticky with a recommended starter kit.
>>
>>68959172
It's either genuine children/retards who think this is cheeky but acceptable because 4chan = anarchy.

Or it's a deliberate, coordinated attempt to degrade and disrupt the board. Maybe a group of "progressives," offended at the racism/sexism they've seen on here. 4chan is well known to all SJWs as being highly "problematic" (since GamerGate and The Fappening, and the devastating /pol/+/b/ raid on Tumblr a year or so ago). There's very little they can do to stop discussion here, especially since moot, who was relatively sympathetic to their cause, handed the reins to Hiroshimoot. Maybe these threads are their little Anonymous protest, their way of attacking the evil shitlords without fear of retaliation. It would certainly explain the BLACKED shitposting, an attempt to "trigger" the racist white bois, and the sudden rise in PC enforcement (ie. spamming >>>/pol/ when someone is "gross").
>>
Any alternative websites to discuss TV shows and films?
>>
File: Gondam.jpg (168 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
Gondam.jpg
168 KB, 639x478
>>68959336
How many layers of irony was this post made behind?
>>
>>68958530

>tfw you helped shitpost /film/ out of existence

I got 12 in how bout you lads
>>
>>68958347
Look around. This is an internet board full of 17 year olds who don't know shit about anything. If you want actual film conversations go to film school and make friends there.
>>
>>68958790
I go on /my/ quite often. It's all faggots quibbling over musicians that nobody's ever heard or cared about for days on end. And discussing why the Beach Boys and Kanye West are the best musicians to walk the earth.
>>
>>68958347
Decent threads work from time to time, just pick the right time of day and week to come here.

A recipe could be to make two threads, one for actual discussion, one for shitposting.
>>
>>68958746
>bit of peace and sanity. 4chan used to be the outcast older kids smoking crack behind the bike sheds or in a toilet cubicle
FTFY
>>
>>68958347
andrei
>muh god
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.