[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that thought this was terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: civil-war-147831.jpg (43 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-147831.jpg
43 KB, 655x380
Am I the only one that thought this was terrible?
>>
>>68954290
>euro
>>
You're not alone.

All capeshit is a warm pile of shit.
>>
>>68954315
First post best post
>>
Antman was godly
>>
>>68954315
>>68954322
>dcucks with their crab mentality
Inb4 not a dcuck.
>>
Its like a 7/10
only getting so much praise cuz DC soured the bin so much that worship anything sweet
>>
>>68954290

Yes, you are special.
>>
>>68954554
>retarded post showing awful reading comprehension skills
>it's from a capecuck

Nothing new here.
>>
>>68954687
>dcuck trying so hard not to look like a dcuck
Wow atleast this is new
>>
>>68954609
>>68954554
Shit, those fucking company wars are messing up with your minds.
>>
>>68954726
>le contrarian face.jpg
No one cares, your mother ia right you're a failure
>>
>>68954290
Of course.
>>
>>68954756
>dcuck still replying
Top keke
>>
It's getting good reviews and /tv/ is massively contrarian, so pretty much everyone here is going to think it's shit
>>
>>68954315
This
>>
Only redditors think it was bad.
Only redditors like it also.
Hell if you watched this shit at all then you should go back to r3ddit
>>
>>68955210
If you dislike you should prbbly go to reddit Tbh pham
>>
You only start seeing the flaws once you see it the 2nd time. I thought it was good the first time i watched it, probably because of the hype around it but once i went to watch it again... goddammit, i felt bad for what they are doing with capamerica's movies.
the way i see it, this movie was a goddamn filler for the entire franchise instead of a film that should solely focus on captain america.
I think ironman had more face time than captain america himself and it felt like another iron man movie for me because hey, he's like the jesus of this franchise and pretty sure a lot of casuals wouldnt mind that and just ignore on steve rogers story progression.
To me the whole movie was rather shallow and had no depth at all.
The fight scene at the airport was pretty cool though with Antman finally going supersize blew my mind but the rest of the movie around this was.... just okay.
Also, when they were all clashing with each other.. you might wanna ask yourself, where the fuck was Vision
>>
>>68955226
Nobody posts like that
>>
>>68954290
no
>>
>>68954290
Yes. You are literally the only person out of 7 billion humans to hold that opinion
>>
OP doesnt even think it was terrible. He's just being a faggot as usual.
>>
I made the mistake to be dragged into it yesterday night. I was surrounded by giggling morons in their 20's and 30's laughing histerically at Bucky and Falcon quipping on a VW beetle.

Opening weekends are the worst.
>>
did captain america get capped by we waz kangz?
>>
File: bananas.jpg (633 KB, 766x1172) Image search: [Google]
bananas.jpg
633 KB, 766x1172
>>68954290
You
>>
>>68954290
Well, it wasn't terrible for me, but yeah, it's very overrated specially here, but i can see why.
The MCU is full of mediocre movies, so everytime they do a good (not great) movie, everyone will call it the best thing ever.
>>
>>68954290
It really wasn't anything special. It felt like there was zero tension and a lack of emotion in the scenes where you should have been hit hard. Russo Brothers don't know how to shoot action for shit and so many characters were shoe horned for nothing but a cash grab while the core characters were side lined.
>>
>>68956431
who was sidelined?
>>
>>68956476
Vision was relegated to baby sitter and then was literally non existent for 50% of the airport fight, literally side lined watching the fight. Black Widow had bits here and there but then disappeared towards the end of the movie, she just says 'Im not the one who needs to watch their back'. Is she a criminal now or just chilling? Hawkeye was initially side lined but then shoe horned in so had zero character motivation/development to ever be in the movie.
All this so that we can have Black Panther do shit that solely revolves around him following Bucky or Iron Man everywhere, Spider-man and Ant-man to maximise quips and $ while establishing zero reasoning for ever being needed in the movie.
>>
>>68956699
You realize it's a Captain America movie, right?
>>
>>68956734
So why was it more of an Avengers movie? I reckon if you sat there and counted, Tony/Iron Man had more screen time than cap.
>>
>>68956814
So make up your mind.

Was the ensemble used too much, or not enough?
>>
>>68954290
>Avengers
>USA sanctiones a nuclear attack in NY to stop an alien invasion
>Avengers avoid it, stop alien invasion by themselves.

>Captain America Winter Soldier
>USA builds three superweapons to kill every "rogue" citizen
>Captain America avoids it, crash kills some scores of civilians

Shouldn't the UN get controlled by the Avengers and not the other way around?
>>
>>68956845
I'm saying they used too many characters by bringing in these guys like Black Panther, Spidey and Ants which gave less screen time to the characters that matter to cap. Like how Black Widow was used much better in Winter Soldier. The result was them not utilising their already existing characters well at all.

It just became confusing as to whether this was trying to be a Cap movie or an Avengers movie - or if it was a pure set-up for future movies.
>>
>>68957007
It was a Cap movie. It was all about Cap struggling to come to terms with his changing role in the Avenfgers and the world at large. The plot centred on cap trying g to clear Bucky of any wrong doing. The main protagonist wasn't Zemo, it was Stark.

But you know all this and just love baiting and being the edgy teenaged contrarian that typifies 4chan. Sometimes I really wish people here could just have a fucking honest discourse without having to wade through the pre post resurgent ironic sincererity hipster bullshit.
>>
>>68957007
It was initially an Avengers film, technically.
>>
>>68955525
But you, having reached wizardry in your 60's, can now comprehend more than mere mortals will ever know.
>>
>>68957162
Someone has issues... What I find funny is that you didn't even try to rebut anything I said in the first paragraph because you know it is true. Not baiting at all.
>>
>>68957270
>someone has issues
>try to rebut
>you know its true
>I ain't baiting
Sure, and I'm king of the selenites.
>>
>>68957237
I'm 24
>>
>>68955815
kek
>>
>>68954290
All of them are. Sy-Fy channel tier bad.
>>
>>68956907
Actually, Shield's council was responsible to calling the missile strike on New York, and Shield was creating the helicarriers.

Shield is not interchangeable with the U.S Government
>>
>>68954290
I agrre, not coherent, about 7 films mixed into one and bad cgi, so much fucking bbad cgi
>>
>>68954290
Wtf.. as a dcuck who only likes spiderman, antman and iron man from marvel - i thought this was a 9/10 flick.

Not as dramatic as BvS but still very good.

>am jellous BvS wasnt as great paced as this
>>
File: wellmemed.jpg (70 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
wellmemed.jpg
70 KB, 680x583
>>68955815
>>
>>68954290
We're all with you bro.
>>
>this movie is great though winter solider was better
>winter solider was an average film

So civil war is worse than average? Nice review
>>
>>68956734
>it's a captain America movie

LOL
O
L
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.