[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some strong female characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 73.jpg (68 KB, 534x762) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
68 KB, 534x762
>>
G R O S S
>>
File: strong female character.jpg (312 KB, 798x1181) Image search: [Google]
strong female character.jpg
312 KB, 798x1181
obligatory for these threads
>>
Terminator 2
Alien
Aliens

That's it
>>
>>68949334
>>
>>68949150
What the fuck
>>
>>68949436
>needed a big guy to save her and do basically everything for her
>only clame to fame is stealing a truck and shooting some fag with a sniper (which is tailored for her)
>femincucks will defend this
>>
>>68949308

> Quoting some fat faggot who's a glorified youtube critic
>>
>>68949308
>this character is a man
>people call it dumb/overpowered/ignore it
>this character is a female
>people highlight as dramatic failure of the movie industry

sexism: take 1 step forward, they bring you 2 steps back
>>
File: OCBf8sL.png (672 KB, 807x611) Image search: [Google]
OCBf8sL.png
672 KB, 807x611
>>68949503
Yeah it's the Galbrush paradox.
>>
>>68949471

It's implied she was a badass before the movie too. From secondary sources (Word of creators, game too but I'm not sure if that counts) you get up in the army by kicking ass. Plus, driving a war rig is a huge honour too.
>>
>>68949609
Very ironic that you cant read because Im arguing the reverse

Very very ironic this Rey hubub would be nonexistant if she was a boy
>>
>>68949662
>Very ironic that you cant read because Im arguing the reverse
How?
>>
>>68949503

Yeah, if Luke had piloted the Millennium Falcon in a dogfight through another ship, fixed the ship in a way Han Solo didn't know about, learned about the Force without any training, and spanked Vader in A New Hope, no one would celebrate that either. Luke arguably never really defeated Vader even with Yoda's help, Vader wasn't trying to kill him in ROTJ.

Rey is just a horrible character, penis or no. Everything is literally handed to her, it's totally unearned and just another component of the shameless cashgrab nostalgia jerk that was TFA.
>>
>>68949612

>implied badass

Yeah, that's how I write my resume, I imply that I'm accomplished...
>>
>>68950468

You gotta be a pretty good fighter to get where she was at anyways. Besides, most of the people they fight are literally inbred russians.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.