[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: el_protegido_2000_9[1].jpg (112 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
el_protegido_2000_9[1].jpg
112 KB, 1000x1500
Thoughts on this?
>>
it was me all along huehuehuehue
>>
>>68948285

Pardon me for repeating a meme-slogan, but Unbreakable is true """capekino""" - if there is such a thing.
>>
>>68948285
good movie

awful title
>>
>>68948285
I'd call it the best capeshit out there but it doesn't deserved to be categorized with the rest of that schlock.

I think its M Nights best film.
Its more rewatchable than The Sixth Sense and leagues above everything else that came after.
Even the traditional Shyamalan twist has actual emotional weight and makes perfect sense for the story being told.
Plus its one of the only films with Jackson where he isn't just the usual stock meme actor.
>>
>>68948285
my favourite film, without doubt Shyamalan's best film, also has some of the best cinematography ever seen

fight me
>>
>>68948285
Literally one of the top five worst non-B movies I've ever seen that every moron seems to love for some reason.
>>
bretty gud
>>
>>68948285

One of my favourite movies.

This was supposed to get a trilogy and didn't. Audiences didn't like it. I often imagine where cape shit might have gone if this had happened.
>>
>>68948960
Instead of really terrible epics, it would be really terrible people with no actual superpowers wandering around being stupid. This movie is fucking Heroes-tier garbage.
>>
>>68948989
you're really triggering me

i don't understand how a movie that is so unbelievably well made and directed can get this type of criticism
>>
>>68948285
hard-boiled protocapekino t.b.h fām
>>
>>68948857
What's wrong with it?

>>68948989
How's it garbage?
>>
File: 1408152946085.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1408152946085.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>68949030
I can't even conceive of how people can be this shit. Not only that, but apparently the majority of the species is this villanously tasteless and stupid. This was not even fucking remotely a good movie. None of M. Not gonna poo in loo's movies are. He's a shit director who should have been given the axe ages ago.
>>
>>68949090
How was it "not even fucking remotely a good movie," friendo?
>>
>>68949090
let me guess, you'd prefer 5/10 Marvel quipfest hero movies, with bland performances, cinematography, score and direction despite the fact M. Night crafted an intimate and powerful hero movie with flawless pacing/direction/cinematography/score
>>
>>68948713
>>68948713
>awful title

It's OK for me. Brazilian version is sick.
>>
>>68949090
Bait
>>
Unbreakable! Their alive damn it!
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 400x334
>>68948285
It's fascinating.... The pacing of Shyamalan's movies doesn't bother me, and the soundtrack for Unbreakable is very good.

>The Sixth Sense is about discovering a weakness, while Unbreakable is about discovering that you possess superhuman power

The Orange Man is a caricature which doesn't come off very well, of course he appears in Tarantino's work as Tim Roth but Shyamalan sees him very differently (maybe as a Henry?). I think the Director is using Bruce Willis as a figure for the Saxon, a race which extends from Lower Saxony practically all the way to Upper India. Mr. Glass is a figure for the intelligent and resourceful Kaffir.
>>
It was shit.

Still better than reddit capeshit though.
>>
>>68948285
Only shamalongadingdong movie that was actually good and not completely predicated on a zany twist at the end.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.