[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Watchmen.jpg (252 KB, 1400x577) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen.jpg
252 KB, 1400x577
What went right?
>>
BBC
>>
File: jackieeh.jpg (117 KB, 736x1099) Image search: [Google]
jackieeh.jpg
117 KB, 736x1099
The casting was pretty spot on
>>
the graphic novel

the movies was almost lifted of the pages. zach needs a good script to make a good movie. its the only way he can produce the goods
>>
>>68946275
no squid
Zack and Moore's attention to detail
>>
>>68946332
They seriously couldn't have done better with Rorschach. JEH is actually a little too good looking, go figure, but he's the closest I can imagine.
>>
>>68946275
if these idiots are supposed to have SUPER POWERS, why do they need the gey bodybuilder steroid muscles.
TV CAPEKINO BTFO.
>>
>>68946275
>muh ugly black and green filter

Why does Snyder even have a career?
>>
Changing the visuals to something closer to the 80s Batman movies. That's about it.
>>68946332
Not really. Only Rorschach, Comedian and maybe Manhattan were good casting.
>>68946587
Changing the squid was a necessary change, but not a good one.
>>
>>68946275
It had a collection of excellent scenes strung together to make a mediocre movie.
>>
>Casting was excellent. Rorschach and the Comedian felt like the actors were born to play those roles. Rorschach's face twitches in his final confrontation with Manhattan were perfect and the laughs from the Comedian as he beat up Silk Spectre felt so subtlely diabolical.
>Attention to detail is phenomenal. Give Snyder a good story and he'll make it look fantastic in film.
>Some scenes were better than in the book. First ones that come to mind are Hollis Mason's death and Nite Owl II's outburst on the Knot Top member.
>>
>>68946307
>big blue cock
>>
File: 8169706.jpg (98 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
8169706.jpg
98 KB, 480x480
>>68949113
> Casting was excellent
> Mila Ackerman as Laurie
> Matthew Goode as Ozymandais
>>
>>68946451
it's the only way anyone can produce the goods, it's basically paint by numbers that time. we call that story boarding.
>>
Malin Ackerman getting near nude and being hot.
>>
>>68949168
They were good
>muh comics
>>
>>68949113
>Hollis Mason's death
I feel a bit conflicted on how it was done. On one hand, it fit the character since all he did was basically tell stories about the "good old days" so his death being a visual representation of that with him fighting those old bad guys was well done. But on the other, despite all that to me it felt like he was over those times, despite the good times he had, and, last I remember, he never really had that much of a yearning to go back then, making the whole scene be a bit conflicting in that regard.

>Nite Owl II's outburst on the Knot Top member.
Would've worked a lot better had Nite Owl shown restraint in the first fight against the Knot Top members. Would've shown better just how pissed he was.

>>68949678
Lauire could not act for shit, and Goode just couldn't pull off the "aryan" physique to make it effective.
>>
>>68949755
>Laurie could not act for shit,

I honestly don't see what the problem is

>and Goode just couldn't pull off the "aryan" physique to make it effective.

I'd say the suit still buffs him up enough. And he's the second tallest out of all of them. >>68946275 At least he's still a blonde Caucasian.
>>
>>68949678
> good

Tard
>>
>>68950030
>Tard

Jerk
>>
File: tFjYr55.gif (4 MB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
tFjYr55.gif
4 MB, 600x394
>>68946275
>>
>>68948551
>Changing the squid was a necessary change
In what way? They already showed the scientists at Ozymandias' base, why not also mention the missing artists/writers?
>>
I loved it honestly

Matthew Goode was a great Ozzy
>>
>>68946275
Nothing, its pretentious and is garbage like the rest of hack snyders films
>>
>>68952483
There's a rare opinion
>>
>>68952483
Ozymandias was ruined, and a movie is only as strong as its villain.

1. Cast some (as Zach said "ubermensch") smug young guy instead of sticking to the comic's friendly dad/patriarchal type character
2. No real displays of emotion, completely unlike the comic character. Seemed more detached than Manhattan even, which makes the "made myself feel every death" line sound like a shallow lie
3. His monologues were entirely removed, audience left with literally no clue who he is.
4. Despite changing the circumstances of his and Manhattan's final confrontation, no corresponding changes are made to the dialogue (meanwhile the Rorschach death scene is elaborated upon greatly)

The irony of that "im not some comic book villain" line with Zach having turned him to exactly that.
>>
JEH as Rorscach
JDM as Comedian
Manhattan was pretty good too.
>>
Normiecore as it is, I liked how they at least tried to make an effort to show that Dan and Rorschach cared about each other. I always hated how in the comics Dan went through shit to break Rorschach out of jail and then seems to forget about him the moment he dies.
>>
>>68952917
>Despite changing the circumstances of his and Manhattan's final confrontation, no corresponding changes are made to the dialogue

Elaborate, please.
>>
jackie earle haley really made this movie. every rorschach scene was great, and i almost wish they would've just focused on him for the whole movie because the rest of the cast sure as hell wasn't half as good.
>>
there's so much shit in this movie that anyone can find something they don't detest about it. I think its a mess and proof that right wing nutjobs can't write comic books/direct movies.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.