[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie of the year so far. Only 10/10 of the year so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: green-room-trailer-images-2016.jpg (27 KB, 656x343) Image search: [Google]
green-room-trailer-images-2016.jpg
27 KB, 656x343
Movie of the year so far. Only 10/10 of the year so far
>>
4 bags of popcorn.

What was dog attack command?
>>
>>68945583
Really? That good, huh?
>>
>>68945583

I haven't seen this but the sources I generally use for film criticism have trashed this movie and the trailer looks pretty awful

I'd say the movie of the year so far is Everybody Wants Some
>>
Any chance of a rip?
>>
>>68945583
If /tv/ likes it, that means it's absolute shit
>>
File: sweating.gif (52 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
52 KB, 357x200
>>68945583
mfw they lose the gun

so much tension
>>
>>68946190
weak b8
>>68946189
yeah it was very tense and aggressive. I went in with high expectations based on the trailer and just what I've heard here and it surpassed them.
>>68946164
Foss, or Faus although I'm sure it's spelled differently, probably a German word.
>>
>>68946190
For me MOTY so far is easily Midnight Special.

EWS!! is a damn close second.
>>
>>68946267
>Foss, or Faus

Figured the same. Though Google translate shows "barrel" for foss and nothing for faus.
>>
>>68946267

how the hell is saying the new movie from Richard Linklater is better than a shitty thriller bait?

>>68946271

I can't agree. I liked Midnight Special well enough but I don't really see why it exists. It just reminds me of movies like E.T. and Close Encounters which I think are far better. I like Nichols but I just don't know why he made the movie. It was well made though.
>>
>>68946259
when they lose the gun
when she slices the belly open
when the guy at the bar gets shot in the face
I thought I was a bit more desensitized to this kind of stuff, but they did such a good job of making me gasp and make me almost want to look away, I can't remember the last film to have such powerful moments like that. And on top of all that it looked gorgeous and had plenty of milder moments that let you relax just long enough for them to pull something else on you.
>>
>>68946225
this is true tbhfam
you won't trick me again /tv/, not after making me see deadpool or utopia or whatever else trash you absolute plebs like
>>
>>68946401
Nah. This was actually good.
Coming from a real person, not a /tv/ drone.
>>
>>68946345
Saying the trailer looks awful is ridiculous. Unless you saw a different one than I did. The trailer looked great and I can't think of any reason why anyone would trash this unless they went in expecting something completely different, because what it aimed to do it pulled off perfectly with no lull in pacing or shitty cliche dialogue or any of the other pitfalls thrillers like this usually fall into.
>>
>>68946447
That's what they always say
>>
>>68946345
I dunno, I just had never seen a movie with that kind of atmosphere before, the soundtrack/cinematography/acting were all fucking amazing. Shit drew me in.

I know that sounds like pleb film analysis 101 but I just had difficulty reviewing it objectively for some reason.
>>
>>68946454

Most of the complaints I've heard suggest it's pretty shallow, superficial, and dramatically uninteresting. Sounds like just an exercise in style and tension with a lot of benumbing violence.

I mean I haven't watched it so I can't say but everything I've heard makes it sound pretty shitty
>>
>>68946558
I never for a second thought it might be shallow or superficial. That really seems odd to me. And as someone who shamelessly enjoys films that are just exercises in style I don't think I would ever consider this to be one. All those criticisms honestly sound strange to me. Whenever it leaks I'd suggest going in with an open mind and giving it a shot.
>>
>>68946673

I probably will end up watching it. I'm just not expecting much of it.
>>
>>68946377
i loved how much weight the film gave to guns. teh director talked about it, how most movies, guns are just natural parts of action that people don't really care about. here there was an extreme importance to guns where every bullet counted

>"ok, he only has six bullets..."
>"for starters, they're not bullets. They're cartridges. The bullet is the thing that shoots into your skull"
>>
>>68947633
>Gun wasn't registered.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.